Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHaley - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Haley

Go down 
+18
Stella Nation
kirklandrules
Master_Of_Puppets
stlrtruck
zcoop
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
vasteeler
jak341
fer69
Gingerchip
Wallace108
Jazzo
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
solardave
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zcoop

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Fuck Ben, obviously hes too dumb to see the coaches are the problem. Thats the change you need if you want to win another super bowl before you retire idiot

Ben needs to stop turning the ball over in critical games if he wants to win another super bowl.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

have they fired Haley yet?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Breaking News From ESPN. Haley will not be renewed.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:37 pm

jak341 wrote:
Breaking News From ESPN. Haley will not be renewed.

This was absolutely the right decision. So now who replaces him? Yesterday I thought Fichtner was the likely choice, but with Munchak turning down a second interview with the Cardinals, does that mean he's been offered the position?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm

I'm thinking Munchak, but he has 0 experience as OC. As does Fichtner.

I read on the Cardinals board that Munchak declined because he doesn't want to disrupt his family by moving them. Take it for what it is worth.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 pm

My money is on Munchak .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Steelers part ways with offensive coordinator Todd Haley

ESPN

PITTSBURGH -- Todd Haley is out as offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The team does not plan to give Haley a new contract, a source told ESPN. His deal was up after this season.

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner, who has worked closely with Ben Roethlisberger for much of the quarterback's career, is expected to get promoted to offensive coordinator, according to ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22133581/pittsburgh-steelers-part-ways-offensive-coordinator-todd-haley
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Maybe having a coach with no experience as an OC is better for the organization, the players, and the results.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Haley - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Maybe having a coach with no experience as an OC is better for the organization, the players, and the results.

Fichtner has experience as OC, just not in the NFL. From Wiki ...

Fichtner returned to Memphis in 2001 to serve as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, instituting a new, highly effective spread offense that set school records for total offense. The new system allowed the teams to amass prolific offensive statistics, totalling over 5000 yards in both 2003 and 2004 to rank in the top ten for both yardage and scoring, as well as supporting the development of quarterback Danny Wimprine and running back DeAngelo Williams.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

The plot thickens ...

Report: Former Steelers RB Coach Kirby Wilson A Candidate To Replace Todd Haley

With the Pittsburgh Steelers now deciding to move on from offensive coordinator Todd Haley the obvious candidates to replace him are either current quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner or offensive line coach Mike Munchak. With that said, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Wednesday on Twitter that the team’s former running back coach, Kirby Wilson, might also be a candidate for the vacant position.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/report-former-steelers-rb-coach-kirby-wilson-candidate-replace-todd-haley/
--------------------------------------------
Wilson was rumored to be OC when Arians was let go until he was seriously injured in a fire.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

I'd be absolutely fine with either of those 3
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He doesn’t want a new OC coming in bringing a new system. A new system would slow the O down for at least 6games so you can’t blame him for wanting to stay with certain things.

Stick Haley up in the box and burn the Bubble screen plays... lol

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Thats exactly what the Steelers keep doing, they expect different results and its the same shit over and over. Time for change

yes but the results were not always bad. 13-3 remember ?  the system wasn't the problem  , it was the guy running the system.

i mean how many times do you need to throw a bubble screen for 0-1 yds before you give up on it ?

how many times should you go 5 wide empty back field on 3rd and short , when you got the best RB in the league, and your qb is 18/19 on qb sneaks.

why would you not go no huddle more often after finding so much success with it ? especially when your offense seems to not be in sync for a quarter or two. a change of pace can help them find a rhythm.

tomlin likes to yap about situation football all the time. calling plays that are most likely to succeed at the right time. having your qb pitch the ball 5 yards into the back field on 3rd and short against a fast D that for the most part was shutting bell down is NOT situational football.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:

Agreed. Although I'd prefer either Fichtner or Munchak over Wilson.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

I would choose Fichtner. He can get the job done. I thought Haley did a good job bringing the Steelers offense to a point that they could win games when they didn't have a great defense. At the end of the day, if he can't get along with his QB nor win a drunken bar fight on the North Shore, time to go. Haley - Page 2 2000130356
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

I would choose Fichtner. He can get the job done. I thought Haley did a good job bringing the Steelers offense to a point that they could win games when they didn't have a great defense. At the end of the day, if he can't get along with his QB nor win a drunken bar fight on the North Shore, time to go. Haley - Page 2 2000130356

Haley - Page 2 1664291743 It's hard to disagree with the drunken bar fight argument.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Munchak has done such a great job as Oline coach i'd just hate to see him leave the position. Haley - Page 2 3201610882
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm

funny thing is, if steelers win the super bowl, haley would be interviewing for HC jobs.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
funny thing is, if steelers win the super bowl, haley would be interviewing for HC jobs.

Yup and while he may be the one fired the loss to the Jags was squarely on Butlers and the defenses shoulders...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yup and while he may be  the one fired the loss to the Jags was squarely on Butlers and the defenses shoulders...
wasn't it the offense (turnovers) that put them in a hole early on ? the D did force what ? 4 punts ?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yup and while he may be  the one fired the loss to the Jags was squarely on Butlers and the defenses shoulders...
wasn't it the offense (turnovers) that put them in a hole early on ? the D did force what ? 4 punts ?

Yeah the two turn overs didn’t help but Ben and the offense went on to put up 42 points against the number 1 rated defense in the league.. Every time Ben and the O got us back to make it a game the Defense went out and shit all over themselves to fuck that all up. Ben and the offense did everything they could to win that game the defense never came out of the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm

It's all but official ...

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Jets and Browns apparently have interest in Haley for OC Haley - Page 2 3562723908 Haley - Page 2 3562723908 ...it doesnt look like Butler is going anywhere though :(
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 4:37 am

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Jets and Browns apparently have interest in Haley for OC Haley - Page 2 3562723908 Haley - Page 2 3562723908 ...it doesnt look like Butler is going anywhere though :(

Honestly I'd of rather let Butler go than Haley. I mean I'm not sad that Haley is gone, but if I had a choice of one or the other I'd definitely go with Butler first and foremost. While Haley's situational playcalling could be flat out idiotic at times, our offense was hardly the issue. Sure they were rusty early on in the season, but they were playing championship caliber offense late in the season, and in the playoffs. Our defense is what let us down, they were non-existent against the Jagoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Jazzo

Jazzo

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

Honestly I'd of rather let Butler go than Haley. I mean I'm not sad that Haley is gone, but if I had a choice of one or the other I'd definitely go with Butler first and foremost. While Haley's situational playcalling could be flat out idiotic at times, our offense was hardly the issue. Sure they were rusty early on in the season, but they were playing championship caliber offense late in the season, and in the playoffs. Our defense is what let us down, they were non-existent against the Jagoffs.

I respectfully disagree. With all the talent the Steelers have had on offensive these last 3 years, you and I could have called better plays on offense. I have been saying for the last 6 seasons that Todd Haley's calls were too predictable or just down right idiotic. He knows how to kill the momentum in drives and that put pressure on our defense. Kansas City fans warned us about it before he even took over the OC job in Pittsburgh.

Haley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haley   Haley - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Haley
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next