Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
+20
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
SteelCity4Life
JPPT1974
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
stlrtruck
Gingerchip
Stella Nation
solardave
Lokki
effyou515
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
Mach1
Wallace108
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
AB'S gripe is legit. Ben calling people out, especially to the media, is a dick move. especially considering he is far from perfect and always preaching the brotherhood bullshit. you don't throw your brother under the bus.
with that said, AB is handling it all wrong. instead of acting like a child , he should have grown a pair and confronted Ben and told him to STFU until he stops making bone headed plays.

I totally agree. AB isn't the only one who Ben has called out in his radio show. Washington (Instead of rookie giving some slack and not undermine his confidence, nope let's throw him under the bus. What good can from that?), Haley, Bryant, Tomlin,... And I don't care if he's right or not. He needs to know better, if you don't want off the field drama you just need to STFU and keep things within the locker room.

That being said, I'm tired of all the AB circus. I wish we trade him the first day when the trade deadline opens. The longer he's here the more distraction he brings.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 pm

muncher wrote:
i call BS.
maybe ben got tired of AB not showing up, being late, staying off campus during training camp, etc etc etc and said, F him. if he doesnt want to be part of the brotherhood, l'll say what i want about him.........

If AB was the only player Ben did that to, then I'd agree. But Ben had done this to numerous players. And even coaches (Haley).

Hines Ward on the situation:

“If we say we are a band of brothers, come talk to me like a brother. You don’t have to put me on blast in front of the media. That’s not the way you go about handling and communicating brotherhood. ... It  seems like he picks and chooses his moments. As a wide receiver, I’ve been there. I’ve always respected Ben Roethlisberger, but we always didn’t see eye to eye.”

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Ben can say what he likes but has to understand there are repercussions for saying how and what he feels.
Good leaders lead by example and motivate others by showing hard work and effort. Calling others out on your radio show isnt going to go over well if you dont approach your team mates first and discuss things like men. Hearing about it second hand off of a radio show from reporters with a microphone in your face cant be a very endearing quality. It is not going to inspire players to follow you to give everything you have.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 6:48 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Ben can say what he likes but has to understand there are repercussions for saying how and what he feels.
Good leaders lead by example and motivate others by showing hard work and effort. Calling others out on your radio show isnt going to go over well if you dont approach your team mates first and discuss things like men. Hearing about it second hand off of a radio show from reporters with a microphone in your face cant be a very endearing quality. It is not going to inspire players to follow you to give everything you have.

Exactly.

With all that said, AB has still handled himself and the situation poorly.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:00 pm

muncher wrote:
i call BS.
maybe ben got tired of AB not showing up, being late, staying off campus during training camp, etc etc etc and said, F him. if he doesnt want to be part of the brotherhood, l'll say what i want about him.........

those situations should have been between AB and tomlin, not AB and ben.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
muncher wrote:
i call BS.

First of all it's not BS. AB is not the only team mate Ben has thrown under the bus. Tomlin needs to stay on top of all these things.Something he hasn't done yet. Ben,AB and any other who does not follow the rules. Rules apply to everyone on the team. Team being the keyword here.

I still say a players only meeting would go a long way to clearing the air this off season. If these guys continue to snipe at each other and Tomlin does the usual which is nothing, next season is going to be long and loosing. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 2913999526
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 am

Antonio Brown explains his conflict with Big Ben

“No conflict just a matter of respect!” Brown said in response to a fan who asked Brown to explain the basis for his conflict with the quarterback. “Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches. Players know but they can’t say anything about it otherwise they meal ticket gone. It’s a dirty game within a game.” The tweet from Brown starts off in a seemingly positive way, but it quickly turns. Brown perceives a lack of respect in Roethlisberger’s willingness to publicly call out teammates, given that they can’t do the same. And Brown clearly views that hypocrisy as “dirty.”

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/75149/Antonio-Brown-explains-his-conflict-with-Big-Ben

would like to see Mason Rudolph show he run the offense the way it should be run because Ben has wore out his welcome imo.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am

effyou515 wrote:
Antonio Brown explains his conflict with Big Ben

“No conflict just a matter of respect!” Brown said in response to a fan who asked Brown to explain the basis for his conflict with the quarterback. “Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches. Players know but they can’t say anything about it otherwise they meal ticket gone. It’s a dirty game within a game.”  The tweet from Brown starts off in a seemingly positive way, but it quickly turns. Brown perceives a lack of respect in Roethlisberger’s willingness to publicly call out teammates, given that they can’t do the same. And Brown clearly views that hypocrisy as “dirty.”

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/75149/Antonio-Brown-explains-his-conflict-with-Big-Ben

would like to see Mason Rudolph show he run the offense the way it should be run because Ben has wore out his welcome imo.

I think AB has the right to be mad but he doesn't have to be childish about it. Again a players only meeting could clear the air.
About Ben. I hear you but like it or not Ben will be our starter this year and unless Rudolph makes a huge leap Dobbs will be our #2. I'm looking forward to preseason to see these 2 compete for the number 2 job.
At this point I think either one of them would be a better leader than Ben. Just not more talented at this stage.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Ben's play the last two-three years has been erratic and sloppy at best. I am ready for Rudolph or Dobbs to get a shot.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:58 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Ben's play the last two-three years has been erratic and sloppy at best. I am ready for Rudolph or Dobbs to get a shot.

I am too. I just don't think it's gonna happen this year.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 4:30 pm

You guys are nuts. Ben is still playing at a very high level. I can't believe some off you are ready to ship out the winningest qb wehave had since Bradshaw.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Your not looking at his play from a logical stand point you are alowing your feelings to over ride his actual play the last few years. Ben has won a lot of games but he is also one of the reasons for losing games as well.
Slow starts where his passing is atrocious, poor decision making, miscommunication with recievers, questionable audibles away from running plays, slow sluggish offense against some really piss poir teams. He cant throw deep anymore he usually throws short and recievers who have their giys beat have to come back for the ball. He often throws too high or low leaving his recievers in dangerous positions to make the catch instead of able to catch on the fly and produce more yards.

Ben has been a solid QB but his passing has gotten worse. You can throw all the stats you want out there but he was a major reason we were not in the playoffs this year. If you cant see it take your black and gold colored fan glasses off for a second the proof is right in front of you.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 6:08 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'll give you the Denver game but that's the only game I'll put on him.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Your not looking at his play from a logical stand point you are alowing your feelings to over ride his actual play the last few years. Ben has won a lot of games but he is also one of the reasons for losing games as well.
Slow starts where his passing is atrocious, poor decision making, miscommunication with recievers, questionable audibles away from running plays, slow sluggish offense against some really piss poir teams. He cant throw deep anymore he usually throws short and recievers who have their giys beat have to come back for the ball. He often throws too high or low leaving his recievers in dangerous positions to make the catch instead of able to catch on the fly and produce more yards.

Ben has been a solid QB but his passing has gotten worse. You can throw all the stats you want out there but he was a major reason we were not in the playoffs this year. If you cant see it take your black and gold colored fan glasses off for a second the proof is right in front of you.

be careful what you wish for. at this point we have zero evidence that dobbs or rudolf will be or will ever be a successful NFL QB. the grass isn't always greener when it comes to back ups. in the little time dobbs got to play he was only 6 for 12 and threw a pick. that
s not a knock on him, but hardly leads one to believe he is going to be good QB.

as for stats they don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. like INTs. they don't tell you how much they ended up hurting a winning effort. like an INT on a promising winning drive. those are the ones that stick in your head.
but as i said the stats don't lie. some of Bens stats show an improvement not only over the last few years, but in his career.
yardage - highest in career
comp % - 3rd best in career
TDs - highest in career
INT % - 3rd lowest
YPG - second highest
sack % - lowest in career
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 3:22 am

My biggest issue isn't with his play, its how he approaches the game. He wants to throw the ball - so they throw the ball. Even against teams who can't stop the run.

a QB whose chief concern is winning games (see Brady even though we might despise him), runs the offense in a way that gives the team the best chance to win. I do NOT believe Ben always does that.

Yes he's got fantastic skill - but he's also selfish.

I want the guy who's in it for the team - and is extremely bright. There will certainly be learning curves, but I for one am ready to go down that path. I'll be in his corner regardless - win or lose, mistake or not.

I support Ben regardless as well - he's our QB and as long as he is I will root for him. But he's not a great leader.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 4:54 am

I agree with the careful what you wish for and the greener grass theory but I also believe Ben's skills will show a serious drop off this year when his WR crop is cut by one pretty damn good WR.
2 things that have always been exciting about Ben. His ability to fit the ball into tight windows and his touch on the long ball. We saw last year that his long ball touch is fading and those tight windows look more like INTs waiting to happen. I predict that by mid-season next year we'll all be wondering why we didn't have an honest competition for our #1.

Here's what bothers me most about current Ben. He threw Washington under the bus last year for running a wrong route yet how many times did Ben throw him a bad pass? There were plenty. It seemed to me that almost every ball Ben got close to Washington he caught it but those were at the end of the year. We all said JW was progressing really well but it in fact was Ben finally putting the ball where he could make the play. Where was the bus for Ben? On his radio show it seemed like much criticism for others while taking little to no responsibility for his own screw ups.

I'll support Ben when he is on the field but I won't support his off field radio BS. It's tearing the team apart. I'll also ask you this. Other than AB how many times have you seen Ben go out of his way to congratulate his WRs for a TD catch? You'll see all the great ones do that but Ben doesn't seem to be bothered. Can it be he feels that he made the play and all his guy had to do was catch the ball? I for one think he looks at it that way.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

agreed.
now if we could find out if this has happened in the past but those individuals chose to continue acting a certain way
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
muncher wrote:
i call BS.

yup. but if tomlin continued to let AB do whatever he wants, maybe ben felt this was the only approach to draw light to it
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am

And the AB saga continues:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-coins-new-nickname-for-himself/ar-BBTNAze?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote :
In a nearly 10-minute Instagram live video on Monday night, Brown urged contending teams with “guaranteed money” to get in touch with him. He also said he now wants to be known as “Mr. Big Chest” rather than “A.B.”

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 1505004552

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am

Telling you those hits to his dome has done some serious scrambling of his eggs. Not saying its an excuse but you have to wonder if its a factor.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 12:38 pm

AB and ARII met today. Both agreed that a trade is best .

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1097896788906991617?s=19
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 1:08 pm

jak341 wrote:
AB and ARII met today. Both agreed that a trade is best .

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1097896788906991617?s=19

lets see how bad we screw this up now
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 1:18 pm

how do you stand there, smile and take a photo with this guy after all this?
embarrassing
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 3:09 pm

He wants to be called Mr. Big Chest? How about Mr. Bat Shit.

Seek medical or psychological attention AB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next