Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWas Randy Fichtner right? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Was Randy Fichtner right?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Was Randy Fichtner right? Empty
PostSubject: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am

Fichtner, the Steelers OC, doesn't let his quarterbacks run a QB sneak. Last night Mahomes got hurt on a QB sneak, had his knee dislocated, and is going to be out about 3 weeks.

He was heavily criticized for his decision on not running this play - but maybe Fichtner is unto something?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am

Without knowing the actual statistics it's hard to say. When they asked Andy Reid about it he said it was a freak accident and he would run it again.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? EmptySat Oct 19, 2019 3:15 am

I don't think QBs get hurt on sneaks all that often, now if I'm Andy Reid I probably wouldn't be running a QB sneak with Mahomes because Mahomes was already banged up and has been pretty banged up for weeks now. He was already running a higher risk for injury. Probably would've handed it off to McCoy and left it at that.

As for us, I would like to see the sneak used more often. Rudolph isn't a little guy, and when you only need a yard or a few inches for a first down, a sneak is the easiest way to get it. If we ever get Rosie Nix back then we'll have the FB dive as an option as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 10:42 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't think QBs get hurt on sneaks all that often, now if I'm Andy Reid I probably wouldn't be running a QB sneak with Mahomes because Mahomes was already banged up and has been pretty banged up for weeks now. He was already running a higher risk for injury. Probably would've handed it off to McCoy and left it at that.

As for us, I would like to see the sneak used more often. Rudolph isn't a little guy, and when you only need a yard or a few inches for a first down, a sneak is the easiest way to get it. If we ever get Rosie Nix back then we'll have the FB dive as an option as well.
I would've maybe agreed with you prior to Mason's recent concussion. But now, I wouldn't want him diving over a pile doing possibly helmet to helmet with the opponent. I do think it was a mistake telling the entire league we wouldn't run it though.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 8:32 am

I'm not a huge fan of QB sneaks and would rather see a QB draw instead.

PostSubject: Re: Was Randy Fichtner right?   Was Randy Fichtner right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Randy Fichtner right?
Page 1 of 1