Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMiller out with serious knee injury Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Miller out with serious knee injury

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Miller out with serious knee injury Empty
PostSubject: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Just when you thought this season couldn't get any worse, check your expectations at the door...

http://blog.steelers.com/

Quote :
Tight end Heath Miller faces surgery after suffering an ACL and MCL injury, and possibly a partial PCL injury, in his right knee against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

“Unfortunately his season comes to an end,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “He has been rock solid for us and we really appreciate his efforts. We understand injuries are a part of the game, but unfortunately it brings his season to a close.”

Running back Baron Batch also had his season come to an end against the Bengals when he suffered a fractured arm.

“Baron Batch had surgery this morning,” said Tomlin. “He will be a transaction for us, an IR guy.”

Other injuries in the game included receiver Mike Wallace, who suffered a hip rotator strain, guard David DeCastro (hamstring) and cornerback Curtis Brown (left ankle).

God Bless the off season...

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Miller out with serious knee injury 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:59 pm

That hit on Heath was a serious CHEAT SHOT!!! You never see him say anything about being hit but if you go back and watch he does say something to the guy who hit him (I think it was Crocker).
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 pm

solardave wrote:
That hit on Heath was a serious CHEAT SHOT!!! You never see him say anything about being hit but if you go back and watch he does say something to the guy who hit him (I think it was Crocker).

Defensive players were told to go lower, because of the hits to the head and the flags. So now they are going lower, and this is what we get. You can't blame the defensive players, blame the rules committee for their bull crap fines and making players adjust for a 'safer' hit.

I can't say it was a cheap shot only because this is what the players warned about when there was talk about these 'new' rules for football.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Miller out with serious knee injury 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 pm

I hope that Heath has a full and speedy recovery!

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:14 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

Defensive players were told to go lower, because of the hits to the head and the flags. So now they are going lower, and this is what we get. You can't blame the defensive players, blame the rules committee for their bull crap fines and making players adjust for a 'safer' hit.

I can't say it was a cheap shot only because this is what the players warned about when there was talk about these 'new' rules for football.

I know with the rule changes we'll have more knee injuries but I think he did it with malace based on what I saw during the play and the reaction Heath had afterward. I hope Heath has a full recovery and he's good to go next season. Mostly I hope he recovers fully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miller out with serious knee injury   Miller out with serious knee injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Miller out with serious knee injury
Page 1 of 1