Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMiller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely Empty
PostSubject: Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely   Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:02 am

PITTSBURGH — Heath Miller knows his football career isn’t over, just paused. When the injured Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Bowl tight end will be able to hit the “play” button again is anybody’s guess.

Miller included.

While allowing there’s “a chance” his surgically repaired right knee could be ready before the season opener against Tennessee on Sept. 8, Miller thinks it’s too early to project just when he’ll slip on his No. 83 jersey and return to his job as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s favorite target.

“I’m just trying to get better every day, and I’m doing what I’ve been asked to do,” Miller said Wednesday. “And I’m listening to my body, so I’ll just progress that way.”

Five months removed from a gruesome hit that prematurely ended the best season of his career, Miller’s body is telling him to be encouraged. He’s already running and walked around the practice field in a T-shirt and black shorts with his right knee wrapped in tape and ice during the second day of organized team activities.

It’s a far different view than the last time Miller was on a field. He made a leaping catch in the first quarter against the Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 23 and took a low shot from Bengals safety Reggie Nelson. Miller hobbled to the sideline only to return later only to have the damage become more extensive. He ended up tearing the ACL in the knee and injuring the medial collateral ligament and posterior collateral ligament too.

The road back hasn’t been easy. Miller is on an aggressive lifting program to get his right leg back into shape. Just as important is Miller’s peace of mind. The pain he can deal with, the uncertainty of what his next step will hold is something else entirely. Miller figures getting a handle on the former will help him with the latter.

READ MORE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/steelers-te-miller-pleased-with-recovery-from-knee-injury-but-still-out-indefinitely/2013/05/22/ae2f738e-c30f-11e2-9642-a56177f1cdf7_story.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely   Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't think we'll see him till after the first quarter of the season is over.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely   Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely EmptyMon May 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely Heath_10

And I have nothing of substance to contribute to this thread except this man is HOT!!!

Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely   Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely Empty

Back to top Go down

Miller pleased with recovery from knee injury but still out indefinitely
Page 1 of 1