Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame of Thrones - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
Buddha Bus
43Hitman
teegre
Wallace108
Lokki
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
teegre wrote:
I just saw The Red Wedding.  I knew that it was coming... and I was still shocked.  

The credits afterwards had no music; just quiet credits... to allow it to sink it.  The wife & I just sat there quietly.  Very well done.  

the red wedding woulda never happened if that one guy showed them his one hot daughter instead of all the others Game of Thrones - Page 2 1797695198

True. LOL

SEASON 3 **SPOILER**:
The wife & I were talking about how Robb's life mirror's his father's life.

Ned was supposed to marry Catelyn, but fell in love with "mystery woman". Ned kept his word, and married Catelyn (although, he also had Jon Snow). He reigned for 17 more years.

Robb was supposed to marry a Frey daughter, but he fell in love with the Nurse. Robb broke his promise, and did not marry the Frey girl. Bad luck ensued (troops bailed, plans went awry, and red weddings).

Summation: Had Robb acted like his father, he'd be sitting on the iron throne.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:01 am

teegre wrote:

Wait... 7 seasons???  I had heard that they were only going to do 6.  

Sweet... the more seasons the better.  And, it sounds like they easily could get 8 seasons out of the books (if they so desired).  That said, either Dimeroff or Webb said that they are personally tired of doing the show; they spend 6 months filming away from home (Ireland, Australia, Greenland).  So, that might by why they're cutting parts/people out.  

RED WEDDING:  
I knew it was a wedding, but I didn't know which one... and interestingly, towards the end of season 3, there were five possible weddings: Joffrey & Margaery; Sense & Tyrion; Sensa & Gay Knight; Cersei & Gay Knight; and Uncle Goober & The Frey daughter.  
actually the filming is done in iceland , ireland , croatia ,and morocco
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:39 am

Yeah they have said that they are only doing 7 seasons max. I agree that they could easily milk it out for way more seasons, but it is what it is. The books are long, but I highly recommend reading them for all of the extra stuff that is being left out.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:13 am

Season 4 is easily the best.

Last night, we watched episodes 2 & 3. Wow!!!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 3:14 pm

I love Prince Oberyn. He ranks up there with Tyrion.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:47 am

teegre wrote:
I just saw The Red Wedding.  I knew that it was coming... and I was still shocked.  

The credits afterwards had no music; just quiet credits... to allow it to sink it.  The wife & I just sat there quietly.  Very well done.  

I actually spoiled it for myself by reading about it ahead of time... But I really didn't spoil it at all after I actually watched it. Freaking brutal. I literally had to pick my jaw up off of the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:55 am

Lokki wrote:
I love Prince Oberyn.  He ranks up there with Tyrion.  

You know who I sort of like... The Hound.

He's not a great guy, but he doesn't lie. He is the antithesis of Lord Baelish (who I think is worse than Joffrey).
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:57 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
teegre wrote:

I actually spoiled it for myself by reading about it ahead of time... But I really didn't spoil it at all after I actually watched it. Freaking brutal. I literally had to pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Exactly. I sat in stunned silence for a good 5 minutes (literally... which is pretty long to just sit & stew in one's thoughts) before I turned to my wife and said: "Wow."

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:15 am

teegre wrote:
Lokki wrote:

He's not a great guy, but he doesn't lie.  He is the antithesis of Lord Baelish (who I think is worse than Joffrey).  

Yeah, I didn't like the Hound much until Season 4. Then he really started to crack me up. The whole chicken scene in the Tavern had me laughing so hard. Then when they get to the Bloody Gate. "Who comes to the Bloody Gate?".. "The Bloody Hound!!!"..

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:54 am

Lokki wrote:
teegre wrote:
Lokki wrote:

He's not a great guy, but he doesn't lie.  He is the antithesis of Lord Baelish (who I think is worse than Joffrey).  

Yeah, I didn't like the Hound much until Season 4.  Then he really started to crack me up.  The whole chicken scene in the Tavern had me laughing so hard.  Then when they get to the Bloody Gate.  "Who comes to the Bloody Gate?".. "The Bloody Hound!!!"..

The moment that I found hilarious was when Arya is listing her names, and The Hound tells her to shut up so that he can get some sleep. She mentions The Mountian, and asks The Hound what he'd do if his brother was right there in front of him.  The Hound replies: "I'd tell him to 'shut up' so that I could get some sleep."  Game of Thrones - Page 2 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:34 pm

teegre wrote:
Lokki wrote:

But is he worse than Joffrey Beiber? Game of Thrones - Page 2 1797695198

Game of Thrones - Page 2 Post-27732-what-could-be-worse-than-joffr-cbSi
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:53 pm

That is pretty damn funny. Game of Thrones - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 2:11 pm

I found this:

http://quartermaester.info

I spent an hour (literally) playing around with it.

The routes for each character are pretty cool looking. As long as you are on "episode" mode (and not "chapter" mode), it only goes up through the end of this season, so that it doesn't give stuff away.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Season 5 seems like a slow burn. Lots of build up to some epic moments.

Yawn... yawn... Dorne shenanigans... yawn... then... a HUGE BATTLE, FIGHTING PITS, & DRAGONS KICKING ASS!!!

(I hope.)
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:13 pm

teegre wrote:
Season 5 seems like a slow burn.  Lots of build up to some epic moments.  

Yawn... yawn... Dorne shenanigans... yawn... then... a HUGE BATTLE, FIGHTING PITS, & DRAGONS KICKING ASS!!!  

(I hope.)  

Things will get pretty epic between Cersei and the High Sparrow..
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Lokki wrote:
teegre wrote:
Season 5 seems like a slow burn.  Lots of build up to some epic moments.  

(I hope.)  

Things will get pretty epic between Cersei and the High Sparrow..  

Cersei vs. the High Sparrow  
Sensa vs. Ramsey  
Reek vs. Ramsey
Brienne vs. Ramsey  
Brienne vs. Stennis    
Roose vs. Stennis  
Red Witch Lady vs. Stennis  
Arya vs. Ser Meryn  
Sam vs. all of the Watchers on the Wall  
Jorah vs a dragon
Bran vs. obscurity  

So many possibilities!!!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Last night's episode was fantastic. :) Totally changed some more stuff from the books, but it was a good change. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:12 am

Lokki wrote:
Last night's episode was fantastic.  :)  Totally changed some more stuff from the books, but it was a good change.  I loved it.

...and, the next two episodes are set up to possibly be even better.  

Ser Friendzone in the Fighting Pits  
Dany & her dragons    
Arya vs. Ser Meryn
Mother's Mercy* (so many possibilities with that one... wink, wink)  
Olly turning against Jon Snow (that is foreshadowed too obviously)  

This is the season where they need 12 episodes.  

*(Who was the hooded person sitting in Jon's boat?)  

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 am

shit got real in episode 8
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:23 pm

episode 9 is coming ... affraid

so what's every bodies predictions for the final battle ?
it's called ice & fire , so it's white walkers vs ?
 the lord of light = fire ....dragons= fire
does bran = dragon ? the old dude in the tree told him he'd never walk but he'd fly ...plus he was warned about staying to long in others minds or he'd be stuck there , soooooo...will bran be a dragon ?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 7:29 pm

i predict episode 9 is gonna suck like episode 9's usually do, it's just gonna be a setup for episode 10, which is gonna rock.

i would say some of my predictions but dont want to potentially spoil it cause a lot of my guesses will be what happened in the book that didn't yet lol.

With that said when Arya completes her 'training' she's super badass. I predict she's gonna be a fan favorite real soon.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
i predict episode 9 is gonna suck like episode 9's usually do, it's just gonna be a setup for episode 10, which is gonna rock.

i would say some of my predictions but dont want to potentially spoil it cause a lot of my guesses will be what happened in the book that didn't yet lol.

With that said when Arya completes her 'training' she's super badass. I predict she's gonna be a fan favorite real soon.
huh? Game of Thrones - Page 2 2829330259 episode 9 has been the big one for every season (red wedding , tyrions trial by combat .etc) episode 10 sets up the next season.

as for spoilers and predictions , i'm talking endings and how it'll play out. it hasn't even been written yet so it can't be spoiled. Game of Thrones - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
episode 9 is coming ... affraid

so what's every bodies predictions for the final battle ?
it's called ice & fire , so it's white walkers vs ?
 the lord of light = fire ....dragons= fire
does bran = dragon ? the old dude in the tree told him he'd never walk but he'd fly ...plus he was warned about staying to long in others minds or he'd be stuck there , soooooo...will bran be a dragon ?

Hot damn!!!... that is brilliant!!!

Why did I not think of Bran warging with a dragon??? It's so obvious. Brilliant.

MY PREDICTION:
I think Dary rides in to save the day, destroying the WWs with her dragons. Everyone is happy. Starks & Lannisters get along. Cats start befriending dogs. It's a huge lovefest.

Jon marries Dary, uniting the north and the south, as well as all of Essos.

Then... everyone realizes that Dany & Jon are actually related (Jon would be her nephew)... reminiscent of the incest by the Lannisters. Everyone important is killed at a wedding, and the feuding starts anew. The cycle continues, as the wheel keeps spinning.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Episode 9s per season:
1: Ned gets beheaded
2: The Battle of Blackwater
3: The Red Wedding
4: The Watchers on the Wall

Those are arguably four of the best episodes of the entire series.

I see season 5 ending like season 4: 8 was good, 9 was great, 10 was outstanding!!!

ARYA:
I can't wait. She's one of my (if not "the") favorite character.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 am

teegre wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Episode 9s per season:  
1:  Ned gets beheaded  
2:  The Battle of Blackwater  
3:  The Red Wedding  
4:  The Watchers on the Wall  

Those are arguably four of the best episodes of the entire series.  

I see season 5 ending like season 4: 8 was good, 9 was great, 10 was outstanding!!!  

ARYA:  
I can't wait.  She's one of my (if not "the") favorite character.  

you didn't think the oberyn vs the mountain battle was epic ? Game of Thrones - Page 2 2087824411
i don't think bran will just warg into a dragon , i think he permanently will fuse with the dragon ... there's a reason they took the time to have the other "warger" ? , tell him to be careful how long he spends in the minds , because he can get stuck there permanently.

the devil is in the details .. Game of Thrones - Page 2 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next