Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame of Thrones - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
Buddha Bus
43Hitman
teegre
Wallace108
Lokki
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:14 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
teegre wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
i predict episode 9 is gonna suck like episode 9's usually do, it's just gonna be a setup for episode 10, which is gonna rock.

i would say some of my predictions but dont want to potentially spoil it cause a lot of my guesses will be what happened in the book that didn't yet lol.

With that said when Arya completes her 'training' she's super badass. I predict she's gonna be a fan favorite real soon.

Episode 9s per season:  
1:  Ned gets beheaded  
2:  The Battle of Blackwater  
3:  The Red Wedding  
4:  The Watchers on the Wall  

Those are arguably four of the best episodes of the entire series.  

I see season 5 ending like season 4: 8 was good, 9 was great, 10 was outstanding!!!  

ARYA:  
I can't wait.  She's one of my (if not "the") favorite character.  

you didn't think the oberyn vs the mountain battle was epic ? Game of Thrones - Page 3 2087824411
i don't think bran will just warg into a dragon , i think he permanently will fuse with the dragon ... there's a reason they took the time to have the other "warger" ? , tell him to be careful how long he spends in the minds , because he can get stuck there permanently.

the devil is in the details .. Game of Thrones - Page 3 2981382511

You are correct: as sacrilege as it may be, I liked "The Mountain vs. the Viper" better than "The Watchers on the Wall."

I should have said: great, good, outstanding (for season 4)... and, in hoping for good, great, outstanding for season 5.

WARGING TO THE MAX:
Yep. Bran warging so long that he actually becomes a dragon is a brilliant prediction.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:48 am

I don't think that it will be a vs thing..

I think the ice part will be the walkers and the fire part will be Dany and Drogon..

Or the ice part could be the battle at Winterfell.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Lokki wrote:

I think the ice part will be the walkers and the fire part will be Dany and Drogon..

So, you're saying that the WWs will not battle the dragons.

Interesting. Expand upon that, please...

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 pm

teegre wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Interesting.  Expand upon that, please...  

Eventually yes the dragons will probably come to burn the WW. I thought you meant in the next episode. It's too soon for the dragons to do that. I guess i misunderstood your post.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:51 pm

the part of the story that i can't even make a prediction about is "the lord of light" and it's disciples. will they /it factor into the final battle ? i actually thought when stanis first returned to westero's it was to battle the white walkers , not the wildlings.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:48 am

Lokki wrote:
teegre wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Interesting.  Expand upon that, please...  

Eventually yes the dragons will probably come to burn the WW.  I thought you meant in the next episode.  It's too soon for the dragons to do that.  I guess i misunderstood your post.

Absolutely: the next two episodes is far, far to early for "WW vs. dragons".

MoP was wondering our thoughts about seasons 6 & 7... the seasons where no one has read the books yet (because, the books haven't been written yet). There really can't be any spoilers, because aside from GRRM, Benioff, & Weiss, no one knows anything.

Conversely, for the next two episodes, people have read the books, and can indeed spoil any surprises. Such as my effing friend who told me about "for the wall". Really, bro... you couldn't have waited two more episodes!?! You HAD to tell me that spoiler. Ugh.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:04 am

One theory about the "Song of Ice and Fire" is that Jon Snow
Spoiler:

Anyway, it seems like a legit theory to me. I think that Melisandre senses it in Jon. That's why she tried to seduce him like she does with Stannis. In the books, she sees visions of Jon's greatness in the fire, but she doesn't really say what it is.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:05 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the part of the story that i can't even make a prediction about is "the lord of light" and it's disciples. will they /it factor into the final battle ?  i actually thought when stanis first returned to westero's it was to battle the white walkers , not the wildlings.

The Lord of Light is "fire"... so, that could be part of the fire & ice.  But, I hope that it's mostly just WWs vs. dragons.  

Speaking of the Lady in Red & Stannis, I think that Stannis won't let her burn his daughter... but, she (& the mom) will try anyway.  Stannis will save his daughter from the pyre, and then throw both of those women into it.  

He'll win the battle against the Boltons, but... because he didn't sacrifice his daughter, he will be killed shortly after the victory (by Brienne).  In other words, the Lady in Red's vision will be correct: Stannis will win, and the king's blood needed for the victory shall be his own.  

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:16 am

Lokki wrote:
One theory about the "Song of Ice and Fire" is that Jon Snow
Spoiler:

Anyway, it seems like a legit theory to me.  I think that Melisandre senses it in Jon.  That's why she tried to seduce him like she does with Stannis.  In the books, she sees visions of Jon's greatness in the fire, but she doesn't really say what it is.  

My wife & I had the same thoughts.

A few episodes back, there were three overt hints in short time.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am

Yeah, I've picked up on the hints in the show as well. It does make a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:33 am

Lokki wrote:
Yeah, I've picked up on the hints in the show as well.  It does make a lot of sense.  

I saw a graphic, where a guy had taken every chapter of the books and showed where they were represented in the shows.  Season 1 matched basically chapter for chapter with the shows... except one chapter was left out, and not represented until season 5: the chapter about Rhaegar & Lyanna.  

The show producers (obviously) wanted that information to come at a later point in the series... (to be told right beside the other two moments that I described in the spoiler from my previous post).  

Again, every other chapter was included in Season 1, except for that chapter... that omission (and perfectly-timed reinsertion) supports our theory.  

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Ok yeah season 9's for GoT usually didn't suck. Last couple seasons were awesome, just in general (breaking bad was notorious for this), the episode before the finale is usually slow and just a setup for the last episode.

Looking forward to tonight's :)
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Last night was probably the weakest of the episode 9s. Episode 8 was this season's episode 9 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:59 pm

I thought it was cool, kinda getting pissed that they're dragging their feet with Arya's story though. Her role in books were what I was looking forward to seeing most, I'm hoping they're just saving the best for the finale.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Lokki wrote:
Last night was probably the weakest of the episode 9s.  Episode 8 was this season's episode 9 in my opinion.  
stanis roasting his daughter was definitely the "shocker" they were going for.  i don't usually get to invested in tv or characters like some people do. so i don't get "shocked" or disturbed by what i see... because it's not real ... but for some reason i was disturbed by that scene.  Game of Thrones - Page 3 2829330259
now i want stanis and his accomplices to die horrible deaths. hopefully dealt out by the onion knight. Game of Thrones - Page 3 2625562446

dragon mama shoulda listened to her booty call and killed all the masters ... Game of Thrones - Page 3 294855916
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Lokki wrote:
Last night was probably the weakest of the episode 9s.  Episode 8 was this season's episode 9 in my opinion.  
stanis roasting his daughter was definitely the "shocker" they were going for.  i don't usually get to invested in tv or characters like some people do. so i don't get "shocked" or disturbed by what i see... because it's not real ... but for some reason i was disturbed by that scene.  Game of Thrones - Page 3 2829330259
now i want stanis and his accomplices to die horrible deaths. hopefully dealt out by the onion knight. Game of Thrones - Page 3 2625562446

Yeah that was definitely a surprise. For the first time ever, i'm rooting for ramsay to capture stannis and flay him or turn him into the next reek Game of Thrones - Page 3 3798349058
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Lokki wrote:

No doubt.

Up until now, Stannis said all of the stuff parents would say ("I'll never let anyone hurt you"). Then... WTF!?!

Cersei is evil, but she would NEVER do anything like that. In fact, just the opposite: she'd kill everyone in the world, in order to save her own children.

In terms of parenthood:
Cersei > Stannis

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Yeah that was definitely a surprise. For the first time ever, i'm rooting for ramsay to capture stannis and flay him or turn him into the next reek Game of Thrones - Page 3 3798349058

LOL

I was thinking that Stannis would NOT sacrifice his daughter, and that he'd capture Winterfell, but die (by Brienne). The prophecy would have been true: he won the battle in the snow, but because he didn't give his daughter's life to the God of Light, the God of Light would take Stannis' life instead.

It would have been a nice, bittersweet twist. Stannis wins, and keeps his honor... but, loses his life.

Now... fuck him.

I hope that Brienne shoves Oathkeeper up his ass... and then chokes Malisandre with his entrails.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:55 pm

if anyone is gonna take stanis and the witch out it's gonna be the onion knight. they've invested to many scenes highlighting the bond between him and the child.
as soon as he questioned stanis on why he chose him instead of a lesser to ride back to the castle , i knew right away the kid was toast.
know way onion dude woulda let it happen without a fight , and there's no way he's gonna let it slide.
the dude is always talking up how he respects how "honorable" stanis is ....well i believe that's going out the window now.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if anyone is gonna take stanis and the witch out it's gonna be the onion knight. they've invested to many scenes highlighting the bond between him and the child.
as soon as he questioned stanis on why he chose him instead of a lesser to ride back to the castle , i knew right away the kid was toast.
know way onion dude woulda let it happen without a fight , and there's no way he's gonna let it slide.
the dude is always talking up how he respects how "honorable" stanis is ....well i believe that's going out the window now.

Here's the only thing: Davos is like Ned Stark, in the fact that Davos is true to his word. To "go against his king" wouldn't be Davos' way.

So...

I see Stannis taking Winterfell. Brienne killing Stannis. (Mrs. Stannis grabs Mel, and launches both of them off a balcony.) Stannis' soldiers are approaching Brienne, when Davos tells them to stand down. (Davos doesn't "go against his king", but he does take charge of Stannis' men).

Sansa is the Queen of the North. She sends Ser Davos (her new hand?) with Brienne to find Rickon.

Oh... and, Sansa, finally knowing how to play the game, has Reek flay Ramsey.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 12:29 pm

remember davos was a criminal / smuggler before he became stanis's right hand man. he became his right hand man because he's ruled by his conscience. he risked his own life to help stanis, just as he was willing to face the consequences when he freed roberts bastard. that right there tells me his morals trump his allegiance to stanis.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
remember davos was a criminal / smuggler before he became stanis's right hand man. he became his right hand man because he's ruled by his conscience. he risked his own life to help stanis, just as he was willing to face the consequences when he freed roberts bastard. that right there tells me his morals trump his allegiance to stanis.

Good point.

That said, I could see a situation akin to the end of "Batman Begins" (where Batman doesn't kill Ra's al Ghul, but Batman also allows him to die).

Brienne has just knocked Stannis' sword out of his hand. Davos walks in, and Stannis smirks... and says: "Toss me a weapon." Davos throws the partially-charred, carved, wooden deer figurine to Stannis, and says: "Use this." (whoosh... Stannis gets beheaded)
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am

Spoiler:

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 pm

that's hilarious jon ^ ...never gave much thought to how she just jetted. she coulda continued with an airborne assault and finished them off once and for all , but instead they haul ass.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Game of Thrones - Page 3 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next