Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame of Thrones - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
Buddha Bus
43Hitman
teegre
Wallace108
Lokki
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Game of Thrones - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:10 pm

That final bit looked about as convincing as when the kid rides Falcor at the end of The Neverending Story

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:47 am

JonM229 wrote:
That final bit looked about as convincing as when the kid rides Falcor at the end of The Neverending Story

First of all, for the Daznak Pit scene, they brought in the stunt coordinator from every Roger Moore James Bond movie from the 80s. "Sons of Harpy, you outnumber he good guys 10:1... so, make sure that you attack one at a time."

Then, for Drogon, they used the same CGI company as was used for Sharknado. (Duh)

Lastly, George Lucas was a script advisor. "Dragons can level entire cities, but let's have this dragon struggle with a hundred untrained civilians wearing masks. What... how will the dragons ever defeat the White Walkers, who are a thousand times more dangerous than the Sons of Harpy? Easy... we'll write in some Ewoks."
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 12:48 pm

teegre wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

First of all, for the Daznak Pit scene, they brought in the stunt coordinator from every Roger Moore James Bond movie from the 80s.  "Sons of Harpy, you outnumber he good guys 10:1... so, make sure that you attack one at a time."  

Then, for Drogon, they used the same CGI company as was used for Sharknado.  (Duh)  

Lastly, George Lucas was a script advisor.  "Dragons can level entire cities, but let's have this dragon struggle with a hundred untrained civilians wearing masks.  What... how will the dragons ever defeat the White Walkers, who are a thousand times more dangerous than the Sons of Harpy?  Easy... we'll write in some Ewoks."  

actually one of the first things that popped into my head during that scene was,.. where in the hell is all the unsullied . the next thing was ... i thought these guys were supposed to be badasses but are yet being taken out by civilians in masks.

to be fair about the dragons , remember back in season 1 when they showed the dragon skulls ?

Game of Thrones - Page 4 IGRHcjZ

big difference between this and her dragons
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:31 pm

it would appear my prediction was wrong ... Game of Thrones - Page 4 1505004552
i kinda thought stanis's death would have been a little more dramatic givin the fact that just last week he made himself one of the most "hated" characters. then they don't even bother to show us the "death blow" ... maybe she didn't kill him ?

i thought the whole dothraki horse circling scene was a waste of time and pointless. what were they trying to achieve with that ? a bunch of dothraki that may or may not be dany's new ally's ...got it.

loved the scene with arya pouncing on the pedophile. viscous little bitch .. Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
it would appear my prediction was wrong ... Game of Thrones - Page 4 1505004552
i kinda thought stanis's death would have been a little more dramatic givin the fact that just last week he made himself one of the most "hated" characters. then they don't even bother to show us the "death blow" ... maybe she didn't kill him ?

i thought the whole dothraki horse circling scene was a waste of time and pointless. what were they trying to achieve with that ? a bunch of dothraki that may or may not be dany's new ally's ...got it.

loved the scene with arya pouncing on the pedophile.  viscous little bitch .. Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198

RE: DRAGONS
I had forgotten that dragons used to be bigger... much, much bigger.

RE: STANNIS
Indeed. Sort of ... eh.

RE: DOTHRAKIS
We were supposed to be scared for Dany. Instead, I was like: "Show me more of Arya's storyline!!!"

RE: ARYA
That was one of the best kills that I've ever seen. Not over the top, but perfectly vicious.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 pm

RE: Cersei
Seeing Lena Headey naked for a full 10 or so minutes would have been something I would have jacked off constantly to 10 years ago, but now... eh, was hoping they did it to margery instead, or that slutty sandsnake chick Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198

RE: Reek / Theon
Good to see he finally grows a pair of balls, unfortunately for him he can't grow his favorite toy back Game of Thrones - Page 4 2164293255

AAAAND the Arya murder scene, that's why she was my favorite character in the book, she's just too badass lol
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 am

RE: Jon
I think Melisandre showing up is the key here. Remember Beric Dondarrion? He had a "priest" from the lord of light with him and he was resurrected multiple times.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
AAAAND the Arya murder scene, that's why she was my favorite character in the book, she's just too badass lol

Blindness... "justice is blind."

Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Lokki wrote:
RE: Jon
I think Melisandre showing up is the key here.  Remember Beric Dondarrion?  He had a "priest" from the lord of light with him and he was resurrected multiple times.  

My thoughts...  

I'm a huge fan of LOST.  They had a penchant for backstories/flashbacks, which hasn't been used much in GofThrones.  I think now is the perfect time.  For LOST fans, the following will sound eerily familiar (in a good way).  Think LOST season 1, episode 4: "Walkabout."  

GofThrones: Season 6, episode 1

Open on Jon Snow on a funeral pyre.

Flashback to a young Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon (age 10).  Robert falls in love with Ned's younger sister: Lyanna.  

During this stretch, the young Ned & Robert learn from an elder (Daddy Stark) about the White Walkers... and the legend of Azor Ahai.  (To the boys, this is just an entertaining story, but to the fans, it's obviously hugely important.)  

A few years later, Rhaegar and Lyanna venture away.  Robert starts the war to get her back.  

Lyanna dies giving birth to Jon Snow.  She makes Ned promise to never tell anyone that her son is a Targeryan (because, Robert would kill ANY Targeryan... especially Rhaegar's child).  

Back to the funeral pyre.  

Jon's body does not burn... because, he is a Targeryan.  More importantly, he sits up.  Melisandre stands in gleeful awe, muttering the final words of the episode: "Azor Ahai."  (roll credits)  

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Seeing Lena Headey naked for a full 10 or so minutes would have been something I would have jacked off constantly to 10 years ago, but now... eh, was hoping they did it to margery instead, or that slutty sandsnake chick Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198

RE: Reek / Theon
Good to see he finally grows a pair of balls, unfortunately for him he can't grow his favorite toy back Game of Thrones - Page 4 2164293255

fer has been rewinding it and churning his butter for two days straight. he hasn't even gotten to the end of the episode yet .... Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Yeah, naked Lena Headey in 300 is much better than naked Lena Headey in GoT.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:19 am

Why did Jon Snow spend 6 hours at the Apple Store?

For the watch

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:13 am

Lokki wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Ser Meryn felt that Cersei was too old, too.  Game of Thrones - Page 4 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Lokki wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

that wasn't even lena headey's boobs and hair pie.  it was a body double.

Quote :
While fans have almost universally praised Headey’s brave performance, some people might be surprised to learn that wasn’t Headey’s nude body. An American actress named Rebecca Van Cleave – click here for some photos – was Headey’s body double.
http://decider.com/2015/06/19/game-of-thrones-cersei-body-double/
thems were this lady's bits...
Game of Thrones - Page 4 _beccaVCapril2013d
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 pm

game of thrones is one of the only things on tv that make football offseason bearable
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:11 am

Fire Arians wrote:
game of thrones is one of the only things on tv that make football offseason bearable

Absolutely.

I was even lucky enough to have the first 4 seasons to watch/catch up on.

Alas, now...

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Anyone see that GoT has a graphic novel like TWD?
Only 4 volumes are out but that looks like its next on my list :)
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:34 am

So freaking stoked to see what happens the rest of this season. Love how it's going so far!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:23 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
So freaking stoked to see what happens the rest of this season. Love how it's going so far!

im with you. except i think im going to hold off of watching it for a few more months(if I can). I am right in the middle of reading the novels and there are so many differences. it gets kind of confusing trying to keep up with both.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

finally a good episode
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Tormond wants to Netflix and Chill with Brianne.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:45 am

Great episode last Sunday!

Spoiler:

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:30 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 1:41 am

JonM229 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:42 am

Did you guys watch the season finale? Man what a season that was! The King in the North!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next