Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame of Thrones Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
Buddha Bus
43Hitman
teegre
Wallace108
Lokki
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Winter is coming!!

Am I the only GoT fan around here??

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't have HBO, so I've never watched it. I definitely want to though. At this point, I'll probably just wait until it's over and watch it all at once. That's the good thing about having a horrible memory ... even if I hear about everything that happens, I'll forget everything I hear by the time I start watching it. Game of Thrones 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 pm

I don't have HBO either, but my sister gave me her login for Dish network so I can stream it. :) I got a late start on it. I bought the first 2 seasons on Blu-Ray then streamed the 3rd to get caught up before the 4th season came out.

I have read the first 5 books though. I'm waiting very impatiently for the 6th book. The show definitely changes some from the books, but it doesn't bother me too much. It kind of makes watching the show interesting still since I don't know ahead of time exactly what will be changed. Sometimes they just combine a couple of minor characters from the books into 1 minor character on the show, etc. There are a few plot changes though.

I read the first few books in between seasons 3 & 4. Though I finally got ahead of the show just before season 4 ended. The show will get ahead of the books soon. Season 5 of the show will catch it up to the end of book 5. Hopefully book 6 comes out before Season 6. However, there is no chance that the final book will be out before Season 7. That will be the last season of the show and they have already confirmed that it will spoil the books, since George R R Martin has told the show's writers and producers how the books will end.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 pm

I literally started this show last night... and I'm hooked.

I watched three in a row, and am just killing time until the kids go to bed (to watch three more).
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Awesome, Teegre! It keeps getting better and you will be surprised at many things.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Lokki wrote:
Awesome, Teegre!  It keeps getting better and you will be surprised at many things.  

It reminds me of the early years of LOST: anyone could die at any time; there were multiple story lines going on at the same time; and, they ended every episode with a cliffhanger.

That's probably because David Benioff is involved with the screenplays.
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 11:33 am

I love this show! I have read the first 4 books and just started the fifth. While I love the books, sometimes Martin goes way to deep with his characters. However I do like the fact that he isn't scared to kill off any character, no matter how important they may seem at the time.

teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:55 am

43Hitman wrote:
However I do like the fact that he isn't scared to kill off any character, no matter how important they may seem at the time.

Exactly.

Ususlly, the viewer knows that the protagonist isn't going to die; so, there's never any real tension. In GofT, ANY character can die at ANY moment; so, the tension is insane.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:04 am

The wife and I love the show, but we don't have HBO either. We've been watching it on Netflix as it comes out. We're 1 season behind. Can't wait to see the last season!

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
The wife and I love the show, but we don't have HBO either. We've been watching it on Netflix as it comes out. We're 1 season behind. Can't wait to see the last season!

That's the best way to watch shows.

I didn't have TV for a decade. So, I'd have to wait until it came on DVD. I watched the entire first season of LOST in just one weekend.

The wife & I are planning a marathon GofT weekend: seasons 2-4 in just 60 hours.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 am

teegre wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I didn't have TV for a decade.  So, I'd have to wait until it came on DVD.  I watched the entire first season of LOST in just one weekend.  

The wife & I are planning a marathon GofT weekend: seasons 2-4 in just 60 hours.  

No doubt. We love binge watching shows. No commercials and no waiting till next week. We've recently done this with "Game of Thrones", "Orange is the New Black", "Wentworth", "Peaky Blinders", "Spartacus" "The Flash", and "Arrow". Currently doing it with "Daredevil". That's the neat thing about Netflix original shows. It seems they release an entire season at once and you can watch it at your leisure. Pretty sweet!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 am

teegre wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I didn't have TV for a decade.  So, I'd have to wait until it came on DVD.  I watched the entire first season of LOST in just one weekend.  

No doubt. We love binge watching shows. No commercials and no waiting till next week. We've recently done this with "Game of Thrones", "Orange is the New Black", "Wentworth", "Peaky Blinders", "Spartacus" "The Flash", and "Arrow". Currently doing it with "Daredevil" and "Salem". That's the neat thing about Netflix original shows. It seems they release an entire season at once and you can watch it at your leisure. Pretty sweet!

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
No doubt. We love binge watching shows. No commercials and no waiting till next week. We've recently done this with "Game of Thrones", "Orange is the New Black", "Wentworth", "Peaky Blinders", "Spartacus" "The Flash", and "Arrow". Currently doing it with "Daredevil". That's the neat thing about Netflix original shows. It seems they release an entire season at once and you can watch it at your leisure. Pretty sweet!

Indeed. No commercials is the only way.

The other day, my four-year old saw a commercial, and stated, "That's a weird show; I don't want to watch this." Game of Thrones 1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu May 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Half way through season 3.

I hope to be caught up soon...
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:33 am

teegre wrote:
Half way through season 3.  

I hope to be caught up soon...  

Nice.. you have several WTF moments up ahead.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:38 pm

From listening to the radio, I know that "The Red Wedding" lays ahead. The radio guys FREAKED out... so much so, that it stuck in my memory.

But... I don't know when... or, who... or, why.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:36 pm

teegre wrote:
From listening to the radio, I know that "The Red Wedding" lays ahead.  The radio guys FREAKED out... so much so, that it stuck in my memory.  

Well, GoT has a formula.. The 9th episode in each season is usually the big WTF episode. The 10th episode usually sets up the next season.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:27 am

Lokki wrote:
teegre wrote:
From listening to the radio, I know that "The Red Wedding" lays ahead.  The radio guys FREAKED out... so much so, that it stuck in my memory.  

Well, GoT has a formula.. The 9th episode in each season is usually the big WTF episode.  The 10th episode usually sets up the next season.

Yep.  Before season 5 started, I read an article that suggested that if anyone needed to re-cap the previous four seasons, just watch the four "ninth episodes" (one from each season).  

So... I'm guessing that there's going to be a wedding in the ninth episode.  LOL
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:12 am

I just saw The Red Wedding. I knew that it was coming... and I was still shocked.

The credits afterwards had no music; just quiet credits... to allow it to sink it. The wife & I just sat there quietly. Very well done.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:14 am

teegre wrote:
I just saw The Red Wedding.  I knew that it was coming... and I was still shocked.  

The credits afterwards had no music; just quiet credits... to allow it to sink it.  The wife & I just sat there quietly.  Very well done.  

Yeah, when I first started watching the show, season 3 had just wrapped up. I had liked the GoT Facebook page at some point while I was binging through the first 3 seasons. They had posted a pic up of which of these do you wish was still alive? It had Ned and a few others, one of which being the man that died at the Red Wedding. (Not wanting to spoil anything for anyone else). So I knew he was going to die, I just didn't know when. I totally didn't expect it there.

Between seasons 3 & 4, I started reading the books. Book 1 and Season 1 were fairly close. Book 2 and Season 2 started to deviate a little. Season 5 and book 5 have a lot of differences in them now. Complete story arcs and characters are being left out of the show for the sake of time. It's kind of sad that some of the newer characters in the books aren't going to be in the show. It kind of clues you in that they aren't a major part of the story going forward. Book 6 still isn't out and Season 5 will catch up to the end of book 5. So even though I know what happens in the books, the show is still interesting because I don't know what will make it into the show and what will be changed.

The show creators already know how the books will end and the show will end up spoiling the books since George R.R. Martin takes so long to put the books out. I'm just hoping that he at least gets book 6 out before Season 6 of the show. I know that book 7 won't be out before Season 7 though.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:23 pm

season 5 is kinda pissing me off with how much they are deviating from the book but w/e, it's still entertaining but maddening at times
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

teegre wrote:
I just saw The Red Wedding.  I knew that it was coming... and I was still shocked.  

The credits afterwards had no music; just quiet credits... to allow it to sink it.  The wife & I just sat there quietly.  Very well done.  

the red wedding woulda never happened if that one guy showed them his one hot daughter instead of all the others Game of Thrones 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:31 pm

it was pretty evident even a few seasons ago that the tv show would over take martins book writing easily.  i don't know if hbo is in a hurry to wrap the show up or what , but given the popularity of it i don't know why they'd want to hurry to end it  , but as lokki has pointed out, they've left a ton of character stories and material on the table that they could've easily used to put together for more episodes and another season to delay catching up to martin.
it's gonna suck if they don't work lady stoneheart into the show.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
teegre wrote:

the red wedding woulda never happened if that one guy showed them his one hot daughter instead of all the others Game of Thrones 1797695198
good point ...them was some homely bitchez. i like when he was introducing his daughters and when he got to the twins he was like.."hell take em both " Game of Thrones 1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:32 pm

Lokki wrote:
teegre wrote:

Yeah, when I first started watching the show, season 3 had just wrapped up.  I had liked the GoT Facebook page at some point while I was binging through the first 3 seasons.  They had posted a pic up of which of these do you wish was still alive?  It had Ned and a few others, one of which being the man that died at the Red Wedding.  (Not wanting to spoil anything for anyone else).  So I knew he was going to die, I just didn't know when.  I totally didn't expect it there.  

Between seasons 3 & 4, I started reading the books.  Book 1 and Season 1 were fairly close.  Book 2 and Season 2 started to deviate a little.  Season 5 and book 5 have a lot of differences in them now.  Complete story arcs and characters are being left out of the show for the sake of time.  It's kind of sad that some of the newer characters in the books aren't going to be in the show.  It kind of clues you in that they aren't a major part of the story going forward.  Book 6 still isn't out and Season 5 will catch up to the end of book 5.  So even though I know what happens in the books, the show is still interesting because I don't know what will make it into the show and what will be changed.

The show creators already know how the books will end and the show will end up spoiling the books since George R.R. Martin takes so long to put the books out.  I'm just hoping that he at least gets book 6 out before Season 6 of the show.  I know that book 7 won't be out before Season 7 though.  

Wait... 7 seasons??? I had heard that they were only going to do 6.

Sweet... the more seasons the better. And, it sounds like they easily could get 8 seasons out of the books (if they so desired). That said, either Dimeroff or Webb said that they are personally tired of doing the show; they spend 6 months filming away from home (Ireland, Australia, Greenland). So, that might by why they're cutting parts/people out.

RED WEDDING:
I knew it was a wedding, but I didn't know which one... and interestingly, towards the end of season 3, there were five possible weddings: Joffrey & Margaery; Sense & Tyrion; Sensa & Gay Knight; Cersei & Gay Knight; and Uncle Goober & The Frey daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next