Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
SteelerSpartan wrote:
Hello all  my ex SteelersFever buddies(I was Steel_Bus_24 over there)......

I haven't done any research on anybody this year....so I'm going into this draft about as blind as I ever have.

Team Needs are CB,Safety,OLB.......

I'll believe they take another 1st round CB when I see it.  They think a CB is just a faster Linebacker who needs to play a deeper zone and tackle.

Welcom Spartan (aka Bus)! You're right about taking a 1st round CB. But that position is a complete mess right now. This might just be the year they go after it. Tomlin may even go 1,2 ... he did that in 2007 with the LB position by taking Timmons and Woodley. When the boss says "fix it", Tomlin and Colbert will certainly react.

Or they do what they did last year ... take a 5th rounder and cut him. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 3798349058

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 1797695198 to their defense, they actually thought that Shazier and his drop back in coverage play was going to be enough of a remedy, then he got hurt and hasnt been 100% yet. This year, I hope they realize theres no roundabout way of fixing the CB position, except getting CBs.
Back to top Go down
ebsteelersSF
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 pm

wont matter who ever we draft will sit for 3 years .. be great for a year then sign elsewhere.

0-16 or bust
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Especially if Ekpre-Olomu in the 4th but idk man. A smart team will pick him up before he falls that far.

I'd wait until the 5th or 6th. There's a good possibility he doesn't play at all this year ... some are saying he won't play again. Definitely a risk and won't be of value for a few years. I really like this guy, but that injury sounds pretty bad.

I'm a sucker for potential upside. Lol. But I'd be a terrible GM no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:42 pm

In another post, I gave a dark horse mid-rounder to watch for as Damian Swann, CB from GA. Maybe 5th or 6th rounder.

But here's another GA kid I really like that might be around in the 4th: Chris Conley, WR. He's decent size (6' 2" 213lbs) and fast (4.35). Has good hands. He flew below the radar because the Bulldogs didn't have much of a QB this past year ... but they did have a strong run game, so fewer opportunities for Mr. Conley.  He's also a high character type guy, really good kid. He pumped out 18 reps on the bench press ... not too shabby for a WR. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 3572881467
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:42 pm

I believe we trade down in the 1st.

CB & LB are the most likely positions but I believe an O player will be selected.

TE or RB or WR.

We'll see Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 1797695198

I'm always wrong Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:46 pm

But I'd be a terrible GM no doubt about it.

Ha, you and me alike. There's a reason I get paid doing something other than Pro Scouting. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 1890901109

But at least we're man enough to admit it ... unlike 50% of the fans out there who really think they are better at this than Colbert.
Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 4275664633
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm feeling Johnson or the U-Conn kid jones. I think all the first round pass rushers will be gone by then. Excited to see who we pick. I'll root hard for him whoever he is.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:50 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
But I'd be a terrible GM no doubt about it.

Ha, you and me alike. There's a reason I get paid doing something other than Pro Scouting. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 1890901109

But at least we're man enough to admit it ... unlike 50% of the fans out there who really think they are better at this than Colbert.
Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 4275664633

Colberts been solid. My only "Ehhhh" recently was Dri Archer, but, theres that potential. Steelers have been batting a strong average in the draft. For both this franchise, and others, lol.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:53 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I'm feeling Johnson or the U-Conn kid jones. I think all the first round pass rushers will be gone by then. Excited to see who we pick. I'll root hard for him whoever he is.

Thats really the spirit to have. Im tired of speculating.

Turning myself over to the higher powers Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2474380249

If FO turns out to be wrong we can always form an angry mob later on. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2625562446
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Everybody is forgetting the tight end issue. I love Heath, but he looked slow to me last year and we have no reliable pass catching TE. We basically have an extra tackle on the field when Spaeth plays. Don't be surprised if they fool everybody and take the tight end from Minnesota. Everyone rates him as the best, and I Pretty sure he will be there. He's a hell of a player and could help us right away. I don't like any of those corners in the first,the value isn't there. Now in the second, that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:59 pm

Pappy wrote:
Everybody is forgetting the tight end issue. I love Heath, but he looked slow to me last year and we have no  reliable pass catching TE. We basically have an extra tackle on the field when Spaeth plays. Don't be surprised if they fool everybody and take the tight end from Minnesota. Everyone rates him as the best, and I Pretty sure he will be there. He's a hell of a player and could help us right away. I don't like any of those corners in the first,the value isn't there. Now in the second, that's a different story.
TE wouldn't completely be shocking I agree but I really think we're going defense in the first round. However, I definitely wouldn't be shocked with a TE on Day 2 and furthermore with the second pick.
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Marcus Peters, Marcus Peters, Marcus Peters.. That's all. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 512807920
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:14 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:

i am expecting a cb like Peters , Johnson, Jones , or rowe followed by an olb in the 2nd round . (orchard , preston smith , Hawiaan name , or Eli harold )

Hau'oli Kikaha is the Hawaiian guy you're referring to... Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2981382511
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
steelstoned1972 wrote:

i am expecting a cb like Peters , Johnson, Jones , or rowe followed by an olb in the 2nd round . (orchard , preston smith , Hawiaan name , or Eli harold )

Hau'oli Kikaha Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2981382511
Foul language will not be tolerated Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

steelcityboyz wrote:
Marcus Peters, Marcus Peters, Marcus Peters.. That's all. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 512807920

Peters... I want Peters.

Out of context or not, I still want Peters.

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:45 pm

watching the NFL network pre-draft. Why does Marshall Faulk bother me so much as an analyst?

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:45 pm

teegre wrote:
steelcityboyz wrote:

Peters... I want Peters.  

Landon Collins would bring the grit the D has been missing.

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 CMuG%2b%2bTD4dww&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Vis wrote:
teegre wrote:
steelcityboyz wrote:

Peters... I want Peters.  

Landon Collins would bring the grit the D has been missing.

True.

That said, Peters is a top-five talent who has dropped. The Steelers will have a shot at a player like Collins (at 32) next draft. They may never get another shot at a player like Peters.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Dunlac said first offensive player drafted will be a WR.

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:43 pm

QUICK question :

Does Trae Waynes fall this year like Dennard did last year ?

And if he does , do you select him over the other corners that could be available ?

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 pm

I just heard a rumor that we're trading Ben for the #2 pick

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Vis wrote:
I just heard a rumor that we're trading Ben for the #2 pick

hahahahahahahahahahhahaha !!!!!! Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2573146105

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm

I think we will draft a cornerback or OLB.

both positions would address an area of need.

. .
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
QUICK question :

Does Trae Waynes fall this year like Dennard did last year ?

And if he does , do you select him over the other corners that could be available ?

He's a very good cover corner and pretty damned fast (4.31). I highly doubt he'll be there at 22 ... should be gone by 15. I'd be happy if the Steelers take him. He can play press coverage and stay with a receiver deep down field. He's one of those guys who who can stay in the hip-pocket of the receiver. I'd probably select him over the others just because he's a very safe pick. It might be tempting if he and Peters are on the board. But again, I doubt Waynes is there after 15.

Note: Just watch the Steelers take Johnson with Waynes, Peters and Jones still on the board Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 2573146105
I don't know Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 3146839497
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next