Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
steelstoned1972 wrote:

i am expecting a cb like Peters , Johnson, Jones , or rowe followed by an olb in the 2nd round . (orchard , preston smith , Hawiaan name , or Eli harold )

Hau'oli Kikaha is the Hawaiian guy you're referring to... Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 2981382511

I knew you'd jump up and correct me lol !

sorry i was at work and didnt have time to look him up , definitely didnt know how to spell it !

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Vis wrote:
I just heard a rumor that we're trading Ben for the #2 pick

Great, you just gave Crash wood. Embarrassing!
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Serious question...

if the ravens selected a kicker with their first round draft pick, would there be riots in the streets of baltimore tonight?

. .
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm not going to be around when the Steelers pick later, so let me just say, whoever it is will be a bust. have a good evening!

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm

everybody is saying they want Peter......

hehehehehehehehehehehheehe! Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 1647293567

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Checking in. Brother's baseball game got canceled and for once I am actually glad. I'm feeling CB or OLB for round one.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:13 pm

I don't know enough about the draft but everything I read about the 3 it narrowed us down to (Bryon Jones, Marcus Peters, and Kevin Johnson), I would take Kevin Johnson. Jones had shoulder surgery last year and missed the end of the season and Marcus Peters has character issues.

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:15 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
I don't know enough about the draft but everything I read about the 3 it narrowed us down to (Bryon Jones, Marcus Peters, and Kevin Johnson), I would take Kevin Johnson.  Jones had shoulder surgery last year and missed the end of the season and Marcus Peters has character issues.
I agree though I was encouraged to see that Peters' coaches and teammates did vouch for him.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:18 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
steelstoned1972 wrote:
QUICK question :

Does Trae Waynes fall this year like Dennard did last year ?

And if he does , do you select him over the other corners that could be available ?

He's a very good cover corner and pretty damned fast (4.31). I highly doubt he'll be there at 22 ... should be gone by 15. I'd be happy if the Steelers take him. He can play press coverage and stay with a receiver deep down field. He's one of those guys who who can stay in the hip-pocket of the receiver. I'd probably select him over the others just because he's a very safe pick. It might be tempting if he and Peters are on the board. But again, I doubt Waynes is there after 15.

Note: Just watch the Steelers take Johnson with Waynes, Peters and Jones still on the board Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 2573146105
I don't know Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 3146839497

I think i still like Peters over Wayne but I'm no talent evaluator.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Happy for Jim Kelly. Cancer free, wonderful news for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:29 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
i havent heard much talk about it, but i really think the steelers should draft a cornerback or outside linebacker.Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 3135543967

the steelers never draft a CB in the first round though.  OLB is a different story.

jasod worlims retired.  jarvis jones is a bust and we shouldnt even talk about him, and since jamess harrison is old, slow, and its over, we need to select a young player whos growth he can stunt, until they have a breakout season and leave in free agency. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 2893009358

I think we need to go OT early.

it's very doubtful that Mike Adams makes it out of training camp next season... Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 1689750825
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
his daughter is so fine...

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
i havent heard much talk about it, but i really think the steelers should draft a cornerback or outside linebacker.Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 3135543967

the steelers never draft a CB in the first round though.  OLB is a different story.

jasod worlims retired.  jarvis jones is a bust and we shouldnt even talk about him, and since jamess harrison is old, slow, and its over, we need to select a young player whos growth he can stunt, until they have a breakout season and leave in free agency. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 2893009358

I think we need to go OT early.

it's very doubtful that Mike Adams makes it out of training camp next season... Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 1689750825
good call.

We should get the murderer from LSU before he is awarded to the Patriots* as Aaron Hernandez compensation

. .
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Possible solution to the Peters' character question marks :

Hire Ike Taylor to mentor and train with him and the other Dbs.

he's chummy with Rooney , is a workout maniac , and would be a great mentor as long as he doesnt teach catching the football !

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
his daughter is so fine...
Yeah very good looking.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:43 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
Possible solution to the Peters' character question marks :

Hire Ike Taylor to mentor and train with him and the other Dbs.

he's chummy with Rooney , is a workout maniac , and would be a great mentor as long as he doesnt teach catching the football !
I really like that idea if Ike is down for it.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:50 pm

The questions about the possible fall of Ray and Gregory are going to change the board and who is available when the Steelers pick. There was little doubt that both players would be off the board just a few days ago. There is a very real probability that both will still be there when they pick.

I would think Gregory isn't even a consideration for the Steelers.

The cornerbacks that are available when they pick is going to be interesting. I love Peters physical abilities, particularly in press coverage, but there are questions about his makeup speed.

I love Kevin Johnson. His coverage skills are outstanding, but his physicality and size could give them pause. The organization has always liked big, physical corners that tackle well. That said, the league is changing, and so may be the thinking in the war room.

Waynes should be off board when they pick, and perhaps all three corners I list here will be gone. Teams above the Steelers may go corner instead of edge rusher with the Ray and Gregory situation.

It's almost show time!

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:57 pm

For those of you that like to follow the draft online, here's a helpful draft tracker at NFL.com. It really helps you keep track of who's off the board, and can really give a good picture of where upcoming teams may be going with their picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:59 pm

pczach wrote:
For those of you that like to follow the draft online, here's a helpful draft tracker at NFL.com. It really helps you keep track of who's off the board, and can really give a good picture of where upcoming teams may be going with their picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345 Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Mariota is a nice kid but he's gonna flop in the NFL

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey Guys and Gals finally made it over from SF. I'd like to see a speedy Cover Corner (Kevin Johnson/Marcus Peters)
Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:31 pm

TherealCasteeler wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals finally made it over from SF. I'd like to see a speedy Cover Corner (Kevin Johnson/Marcus Peters)

Nice to see you here buddy.

I agree with you - I want one of these guys.

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:32 pm

TherealCasteeler wrote:

Welcome buddy!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Welcome to SX @TherealCasteeler. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 230572241
-----------------------

For anyone interested, there's a lively chat going on in the chatbox at the bottom of the forum.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Welcome to SX @TherealCasteeler. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 230572241
-----------------------

For anyone interested, there's a lively chat going on in the chatbox at the bottom of the forum.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345 Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345 Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345 Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 184121345

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next