Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates

Go down 
+25
SteelersYak
Galax Steeler
kan_t
HeinzMustard
SteelCityUnderground
DesertSteel
kirklandrules
ebsteelersSF
Buddha Bus
ETL
Vis
IowaSteeler927
El-Gonzo Jackson
Austinfrench76
effyou515
tony hipchest
BlackAndGold
SteelersCanada
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Fire Arians
TJ22
Wallace108
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:56 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I like the Coates pick and think he will be impactful.  But I also think he will have his share of the drops and fans will pile on him heavier than Chris Kemoeatu being piggybacked by Limas Sweed.

If you  watch Coates NFL Combine workout, you see that he is not a natural catcher of the football, he almost fights it into his hands and as long as he catches it that is fine.  I think he will improve over time under Richard Mann, but as of right now, Senquez Golson is much more comfortable catching a football than Coates.  

I'll put the over/under on receptions by Coates at 22 for the season, IMO.

22 sounds just about right for a rookie that has two really good players ahead of him and a 3rd year guy in Wheaton that should be hitting his own strides.

I don't think we'll see a drop issue with him. Besides, if you watch his games it's obvious he doesn't drop the deep pass ... he only drops the short, routine passes. That's because he doesn't want to ruin his average. Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 3798349058
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:39 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I like the Coates pick and think he will be impactful.  But I also think he will have his share of the drops and fans will pile on him heavier than Chris Kemoeatu being piggybacked by Limas Sweed.

If you  watch Coates NFL Combine workout, you see that he is not a natural catcher of the football, he almost fights it into his hands and as long as he catches it that is fine.  I think he will improve over time under Richard Mann, but as of right now, Senquez Golson is much more comfortable catching a football than Coates.  

I'll put the over/under on receptions by Coates at 22 for the season, IMO.

22 sounds just about right for a rookie that has two really good players ahead of him and a 3rd year guy in Wheaton that should be hitting his own strides.

I don't think we'll see a drop issue with him. Besides, if you watch his games it's obvious he doesn't drop the deep pass ... he only drops the short, routine passes. That's because he doesn't want to ruin his average. Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 3798349058
Yeah, just like QB's that take sacks instead of throwing the football away and hurting their completion %. "Statpadding" Sammie Coates. Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 469886443

I like his game and think he will turn out to be a real weapon in the offense, but with AB, Bell, Miller, Bryant and Wheaton already around, I don't think we see him really contribute big until 2016.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Other young guy who struggled. Sammie Coates. Not knowing where to line up, not running crisp routes.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Other young guy who struggled. Sammie Coates. Not knowing where to line up, not running crisp routes.

so I guess him and Mike Adams will be fighting for the same roster spot?

. .
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:16 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

so I guess him and Mike Adams will be fighting for the same roster spot?

If that's the case, my money is on Sammie. Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 1689750825
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:32 am

Sammie Coates getting some run with the 1s today. Wheaton says don't worry about Coates' confidence despite lack of PT this year.

— Will Graves (@WillGravesAP) January 13, 2016
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:35 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Sammie Coates getting some run with the 1s today. Wheaton says don't worry about Coates' confidence despite lack of PT this year.

He needs to be ready to go, because Brown might not be. Next man up if Brown can't go. This would be a great opportunity for Coates to showcase his skills.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:45 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

He needs to be ready to go, because Brown might not be. Next man up if Brown can't go. This would be a great opportunity for Coates to showcase his skills.

Yeah, that tells me that AB is not likely to make it. Then Coates would be in on 4WR sets.

The other thought is that, with the injury, Ben cant throw the deep ball and DHB can only really run a 9, so in a 3 or 4 WR set, its better to have the big WR with questionable hands in Coates in patterns instead of the fast WR with questionable hands that cant run the rest of the passing tree.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 6:32 am

If AB can't go this is a chance for Coates to make a statement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates   Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers draft Auburn receiver Sammie Coates
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5