Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brady vs. Steelers week one

Go down 
+48
SteelerSpartan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcityboyz
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
Steelcitian
steelcrazy
pczach
kan_t
Fire Arians
vasteeler
ETL
lipps83
Pappy
andywitmyer
ImperialFan
ebsteelersSF
stlrtruck
Dave75th
Rhyno
JonM229
SteelerEmpire
Wallace108
Lokki
OX1947
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Vis
IowaSteeler927
Gingerchip
Steel Peon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
fer69
FanSince72
Master_Of_Puppets
Buddha Bus
Bane
Atlanta Dan
steelstoned1972
teegre
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
DesertSteel
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 6:36 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Brady's Dad is now crying that the league is framing his son. Poor Tommy.

Yep - these are the actions of someone who was framed

■ Brady, who voluntarily spoke with investigators, denied any involvement and denied even knowing McNally’s name, his job title, or his pregame responsibilities. Jastremski disputed that, saying Brady in fact knew McNally and his role.

■ Brady refused to make his phone records, text messages, emails, or any other documents available for the investigation.

Jastremski’s phone records and text messages show that Brady spoke with Jastremski by phone six times in the three days following the AFC Championship after the two had not communicated for six months. The calls totaled about 55 minutes. Brady also checked in on him via text, “seemingly designed to calm Jastremski,” according to the report. Two of them read: “You good Jonny boy?” and “You doing good?”

Jastremski warned Brady that Schoenfeld, the team’s equipment manager would be “picking your brain later about it. He’s not accusing me, or anyone….trying to get to bottom of it. He knows it’s unrealistic you did it yourself …”

■ The reports cites text messages between McNally and Jastremski, and communication between Brady and Jastremski as the circumstantial lynchpins.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/05/06/key-takeaways-from-wells-report-deflategate/GVj1fUZCzkVIYEo9aDQN5L/story.html

Tom probably bought a burner to call Jastremski to remind him to hang together or hang separately Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Too bad this couldn't possibly send Tommy Boy to prison. He'd be popular in prison. Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Too bad this couldn't possibly send Tommy Boy to prison. He'd be popular in prison. Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3798349058

yes, he certainly would be...

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 TomBradySkirt
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Pete Prisco puts on the knee pads

The Wells Report includes text messages between two Patriots** employees discussing Brady and his wants for how the footballs should be deflated. But there are no details of text messages where Brady is caught telling them how to do it or exactly how he wants them.

It's just circumstantial evidence....

Yet without hardcore evidence, it's hard to make a real case....

Tom Brady's legacy, despite what some might say, isn't tarnished because of this. The case simply isn't strong enough.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25176534/so-tom-brady-was-generally-involved-in-deflategate-kinda-no-big-deal

It is always nice to hear someone who is not an attorney talk about "circumstantial evidence" as if that isn't real evidence - defense attorneys try to get jurors to believe that all the time, but they know better.

I guess Aaron Hernandez is going to walk since there is no "direct evidence" of him pulling the trigger
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:46 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
PhantomJB93 wrote:

There was a lot of circumstantial evidence that made it "more than probable" without any real evidence that Roethlisberger raped that girl and he still got suspended...

I don't disagree with you, but the optics on that are different. One is the alleged sexual assault of a female, the other is deflating footballs.
yeah its not like he's the GM of the browns (who happens to be black) sending text messages to coaches on the sidelines, or else he might have to suspend him for 4 games.

I guess the optics are different there as well. the NFL's golden boy and franchise can do anything they want with impunity (short of employing murderers) yet the hammer will be dropped on any black violators of the rules.

The commish may want to get an optical exam to help him see what is really bad for business. Did you hear him getting boo'd at the draft? The TV ratings were a disappointing stench.

You even got shady McCoy joining marshawn lynch in suggesting league and team mgmt may be pushing racial agendas.

Poor goodell might have to do damage control and hand out a real punishment to his golden calf and risk angering his god Kraft.

. .
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:55 pm

The commish gets boo'd every year at the draft... lol...
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:02 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Pete Prisco puts on the knee pads

The Wells Report includes text messages between two Patriots*** employees discussing Brady and his wants for how the footballs should be deflated. But there are no details of text messages where Brady is caught telling them how to do it or exactly how he wants them.

It's just circumstantial evidence....

Yet without hardcore evidence, it's hard to make a real case....

Tom Brady's legacy, despite what some might say, isn't tarnished because of this. The case simply isn't strong enough.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25176534/so-tom-brady-was-generally-involved-in-deflategate-kinda-no-big-deal

It is always nice to hear someone who is not an attorney talk about "circumstantial evidence" as if that isn't real evidence - defense attorneys try to get jurors to believe that all the time, but they know better.

I guess Aaron Hernandez is going to walk since there is no "direct evidence" of him pulling the trigger
Pete #horsefucker prisco must have had more than circumstancial evidence when he thought it would be cool to loosely imply mike Tomlin and Jamie sharper hung around in college raping women.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:06 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
The commish gets boo'd every year at the draft... lol...
I know but it usually subsides after the 20 picks... Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 1797695198

. .
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:07 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:
As much as we may all want it, I don't think the NFL can suspend Brady here.

The evidence, while highly suspect and intriguing, is all circumstantial. You can't suspend a player on the grounds of "more probable than not", especially when that suspension would include the week 1 kickoff against the Steelers. Keep in mind, the NFL is already missing out on Le'Veon that game. Suspending Brady would just be bad business.

Even if the NFL does decide to suspend him, the NFLPA would get it overturned within a couple of days. "More probable than not" isn't good enough to suspend anyone.
the NFL can do whatever they want.  This isn't a court of law. Brady did it. He cheated. He cheated to gain a competitive advantage. That is conduct detrimental to the rest of the league. He deserves punishment.
Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 22203082
Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 You+damn+right+son+_55e637598b92066b3f6989b75a93920e
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 OMG%203_zps7guathci

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Fuck Brady! Fuck Belichick! And fuck the Commissioner!

Edit: and fuck Kraft!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller

Last edited by fer69 on Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 You+damn+right+son+_55e637598b92066b3f6989b75a93920e
fer69 wrote:
Fuck Brady! Fuck Belichick! And fuck the Commissioner!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Fuck old man Kraft too for acting like it was terrible to accuse his team of cheating given their history and then obstructing the investigation. The Pats* are a cheating organization and it starts at the top with Bob Kraft who started this years ago when he tampered to get Belichick.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:30 pm

FanSince72 wrote:

Yeah - the report has been released for almost half a day now

Thanks for posting Mr. Kraft Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:32 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
yeah... but what the hell does Vegas know?  They're obviously not considering the different "optics". Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3798349058

Are you trying to imply that the optics of a quarterback being accused of rape and a quarterback cheating in a football game are equal? Please clarify this.

tony hipchest wrote:
yeah its not like he's the GM of the browns (who happens to be black) sending text messages to coaches on the sidelines, or else he might have to suspend him for 4 games.

I guess the optics are different there as well.  the NFL's golden boy and franchise can do anything they want with impunity (short of employing murderers) yet the hammer will be dropped on any black violators of the rules.

The commish may want to get an optical exam to help him see what is really bad for business.  Did you hear him getting boo'd at the draft?  The TV ratings were a disappointing stench.

You even got shady McCoy joining marshawn lynch in suggesting league and team mgmt may be pushing racial agendas.

Poor goodell might have to do damage control and hand out a real punishment to his golden calf and risk angering his god Kraft.

So, LeSean McCoy has a history of saying stupid things. This is just the newest example. He said that Chip Kelly "got rid of all the [good] black players" after the Eagles signed DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews. The Eagles also signed Walter Thurmond III and resigned Brandon Graham this season, all of which are black players. Though, interestingly enough, the Eagles are actively shopping All Pro guard Evan Mathis. This is just another example of McCoy talking out of his rear end and indicating racism where it doesn't exist. If the two people that are backing your argument are LeSean McCoy and Marshawn "I'm here so I won't get fined" Lynch, maybe it's a weak argument.

I don't know what the hell you're on about with Ray Farmer. He should've been punished and he was. He wasn't punished any harsher because he was black. If this is the idea you're trying to push - wowza.

Again with the optics. Look, like it or not, Ben being accused of rape is going to be taken in a completely different light than cheating in a professional football game and rightfully so.

He gets boo'ed at literally every single draft right from the get-go. Only this time, because it wasn't in New York, he missed out on the Stone Cold "WHAT" chant. Shame.

We're not bringing our bullshit beef to SX. Drop it.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:40 pm

I agree with SC that this is different than Ben's rape accusations or the Rice DV but at the same time, Brady's actions here had a direct impact on the games played which is something Goodell should be taking into account when punishing the Pats*.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

I didn't even know there was an investigation.

I thought this was over a long time ago and I can't believe that this is still going on. Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:08 pm

StelersCanada, since you have already backtracked and been exposed not knowing the full extent of the evidence of the investigation or the wording Mr wells used (which essentially finds Brady guilty of an NFL rules violation) you may be the one who wants to drop it.

Until then I will go on about my business whether you like being wrong or not.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:09 pm

I agree with SC that this is different than Ben's rape accusations or the Rice DV but at the same time, Brady's actions here had a direct impact on the games played which is something Goodell should be taking into account when punishing the Pats**.

Absolutely. But, comparing this to Ray Rice or Ben Roethlisberger isn't fair to either party.

I still don't know if the NFL suspends Brady or not -- I hope so -- but they're different situations. I will say that if he is suspended, the NFL has to get ready for poor ratings on that Thursday night game for a multitude of reasons, but mainly because it's going to be a blowout.

It's going to be interesting to see what Goodell prioritizes here - ratings or integrity of the shield.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:10 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

I thought this was over a long time ago and I can't believe that this is still going on.   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3562723908

Yup. They apparently didn't agree with your assessment that this was s non-story and ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:20 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
I agree with SC that this is different than Ben's rape accusations or the Rice DV but at the same time, Brady's actions here had a direct impact on the games played which is something Goodell should be taking into account when punishing the Pats***.

Absolutely. But, comparing this to Ray Rice or Ben Roethlisberger isn't fair to either party.

We agree - personal misconduct off the field is far less within Roger's jurisdiction to impose discipline than misconduct related to the game on the field

E.g. - nothing was more reprehensible than the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky scandal, but it was a reach by the NCAA to impose sanctions for that as opposed to matters relating to the contest on the field.

If the Pats* walk away from this by paying a fine Goodell is further confirming he is a fraud and lapdog for his favorite owners.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:28 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
I agree with SC that this is different than Ben's rape accusations or the Rice DV but at the same time, Brady's actions here had a direct impact on the games played which is something Goodell should be taking into account when punishing the Pats***.

I still don't know if the NFL suspends Brady or not -- I hope so -- but they're different situations. I will say that if he is suspended, the NFL has to get ready for poor ratings on that Thursday night game for a multitude of reasons, but mainly because it's going to be a blowout.

It's going to be interesting to see what Goodell prioritizes here - ratings or integrity of the shield.
Well, look at this way. MLB has suspended sluggers who use PEDs. I'd look at the deflating balls and the subsquent cover up and lying as analogus to that given that both violate the leagues rules. You're right that the league's ratings will go down as a result if Brady is indeed suspended but Roger needs to come down hard on Brady and I think he does have the ability to do so And I'll go on to say that perhaps if Brady hadn't done this perhaps the Pats* aren't even playing on Thursday night anyhow,
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:28 pm

I am glad that Tom Brady apologist are finally coming around, and agree that Tom Brady should be punished just as general manager ray farmer was.
Unfortunately goodell isn't a Brady apologist, but a kraft stool pigeon.

Who knows... maybe we will see if the Bensons, lerners, and irsays have any clout.

Or do their cases not match the proper "optics"? Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 1664291743

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:
I agree with SC that this is different than Ben's rape accusations or the Rice DV but at the same time, Brady's actions here had a direct impact on the games played which is something Goodell should be taking into account when punishing the Pats****.

We agree - personal misconduct off the field is far less within Roger's jurisdiction to impose discipline than misconduct related to the game on the field

E.g. - nothing was more reprehensible than the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky scandal, but it was a reach by the NCAA to impose sanctions for that as opposed to matters relating to the contest on the field.

If the Pats** walk away from this by paying a fine Goodell is further confirming he is a fraud and lapdog for his favorite owners.
Absolutely and given that he suspended Payton for a whole year with much fewer evidence. Goodell put himself in this situation by constantly playing favorites with the Pats* and playing selective punishment with other teams.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

I thought this was over a long time ago and I can't believe that this is still going on.   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 3562723908

Yup. They apparently didn't agree with your assessment that this was s non-story and ridiculous.

But that doesn't mean my assessment is wrong. Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady vs. Steelers week one
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next