Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brady vs. Steelers week one

Go down 
+48
SteelerSpartan
jak341
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcityboyz
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
Steelcitian
steelcrazy
pczach
kan_t
Fire Arians
vasteeler
ETL
lipps83
Pappy
andywitmyer
ImperialFan
ebsteelersSF
stlrtruck
Dave75th
Rhyno
JonM229
SteelerEmpire
Wallace108
Lokki
OX1947
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
Vis
IowaSteeler927
Gingerchip
Steel Peon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
fer69
FanSince72
Master_Of_Puppets
Buddha Bus
Bane
Atlanta Dan
steelstoned1972
teegre
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
DesertSteel
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:54 pm

James C Wexell retweeted
Will Graves ‏@WillGravesAP

Irony for Steelers; voted against CBA in '11 b/c it gave commish too much power; 4 yrs later, judge agrees and Steelers get to face Brady.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:56 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Its a shame bell is suspended for smoking pot and driving. we all know pot is harmless and you drive better when you are high

here we go again Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 1401235891

either you really do believe that or you are saying that to get a response....either way Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 294855916

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Makes me still glad we stood on principle. It's laughable seeing Kraft especially whine about Goodell using his authority that he pushed for him to have. As I said, they think the rules don't apply to them which is why they have continued to violate the rules. I'd have more respect if the Pats* had opposed Goodell having too much power but it's the opposite, they loved him when they saw him as Kraft's bud. Hell there were even stories of Brady trash talking defenders who hit too hard about how he was the reason the rules were changed. Tom is soft. Hopefully our D can do to him what the Giants did in their two SBs.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:35 pm

The Pats* secondary is "very" suspect and has shown signs of struggle in pre-season. They don't have the same players they did last year. All things being equal, we should have just as good (if not better) offensive game as they.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
The Pats** secondary is "very" suspect and has shown signs of struggle in pre-season. They don't have the same players they did last year. All things being equal, we should have just as good (if not better) offensive game as they.

this

some of you guys seem to forget that we have a pretty good offense ourselves. yeah we dont have bell or bryant but they dont have blount. add in the fact that there secondary may be as bad if not worse than ours.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:37 pm

vasteeler wrote:
SteelerEmpire wrote:
The Pats*** secondary is "very" suspect and has shown signs of struggle in pre-season. They don't have the same players they did last year. All things being equal, we should have just as good (if not better) offensive game as they.

this

some of you guys seem to forget that we have a pretty good offense ourselves. yeah we dont have bell or bryant but they dont have blount. add in the fact that there secondary may be as bad if not worse than ours.  

Bell + Bryant much > than Blount. Blount's absence isn't that big a deal.

With slippery Tom playing I worry about Gronk and Edelman having a big day exploiting the middle of the field. We need pressure up front to have a decent chance.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:45 pm

They're saying Goodell won't be at the game on Thursday night. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 11953192_10153338702906645_6776752070085430240_n
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:55 pm

I think the suspension was overkill anyways, it should have been a fine in the first place and we could have avoided this whole shit show. Goodells really gotten him self in a bind by simply not being fair and handing out suspensions. absolute power corrupts absolutely

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:27 am

James Harrison reacts to Tom Brady's overturned suspension

By Daniel Sager

James Harrison isn’t a fan of the New England Patriots*.

He’s no fan of Roger Goodell, either.

Worlds collided as far as Brady’s suspension for allegedly deflating footballs before the AFC Championship game last year.

Harrison sided with his union brother:

Good job @NFLPA

— James Harrison (@jharrison9292) September 3, 2015

Steelers fans may not share in Harrison’s pleasure regarding the overturned suspension, but it’s another strike against Goodell and the NFL regarding the growing amount of suspensions that are found to be without merit by Federal courts. Much of Bountygate, the scandal regarding the New Orleans Saints in 2009 paying in and receiving rewards for injuring opponents, was thrown out when the matter made it to the courts.

The league’s former commissioner, Paul Tagliabue, ruled against Goodell’s decision in that case.

Players are generally going to side with their union, and considering the general lack of evidence that Federal judge Richard Berman found in rendering his decision Thursday, it would seem players would be in favor of his ruling.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/09/03/james-harrison-reacts-to-tom-bradys-overturned-suspension/
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 am

This has been an excruciating situation for me.

I hate Tom Brady. I know the Patriots** cheat, and have cheated in ways other teams don't for years.

I hate Roger Goodell. I think he has become an incompetent, overbearing dictator with way too much power.

That said, rooting for one of these guys was like picking between Stalin and Hitler in Celebrity Death Match.

Tom Brady had a significant role in deflating the footballs, and cheated. There is no doubt in my mind that it occurred, and I think that the vast majority of people believe that it. Common sense tells you that it happened based on what we know about the Patriots**,  the evidence released by the NFL in their investigation, and specifically, the text messages of the equipment employees of the Patriots**.

This happened folks. We all know it.

This decision was not about whether Tom Brady did it or not. This decision was about the lack of proper procedure and fairness by the NFL, and specifically, Roger Goodell. That's it.

Screw it.....it's over. Let's play football and kick Brady's ass!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 CN_ZYBTXAAA1-ze
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 E71mqe
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 11953192_10153338702906645_6776752070085430240_n

This one is hilarious.

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:40 am

Brady speaks

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don’t think it has been good for our sport - to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL.  Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 941308610 It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs - on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots* on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year … and beyond!

https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady/posts/976820022359148
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:42 am

Quote :
Brady speaks

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for PICKING ME ON THEIR FANTASY TEAM AND THUS ENSURING I WOULD NOT MISS A GAME......

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:17 am

Did he think McNally and the other guy for taking the fall for him.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:19 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

Maybe what he was "sorry" about was having to throw them under the bus and that was his apology to them?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:37 am

Guess so Dan. Brady should just shut up and talk football instead of making it out like he's a victim. He's not the death row inmate vindicated, he's the guy who had his conviction tossed out due to prosecutorial misconduct. That said I'm just glad it's finally over because I want to beat these guys so bad.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Shouldn't the Vegas spread be more in our favor since Jastremski and McNally won't be active for Thurs night's game? All joking aside, it's laughable that anyone would consider justice served, and that the actual culprits (the equipment guys) have been punished. Sean Payton was suspended an entire year for something he may or may not have known about, and that would lead me to think that Belichick should be punished in some way, but fat fucking chance of that happening. So just remember, if you're going to cheat, make sure you have a peon or 2 you can blame it on.

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 11225361_902753619760052_4821352500532451051_n

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 1:04 am

Yeah Now these fffers are gonna try an milk the victim card all season about the refs trying to screw them because the NFL lost in court.....You thought their arrogant ass preaching and whining was bad before..... Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 1505004552

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 2yvp0kh
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

No thank yous - but he is thinking of them Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 1401235891

Freed Brady focuses on suspended staffers

New England Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady addressed reporters Sunday for the first time since his Feb. 2 Super Bowl MVP news conference and the ensuing Deflategate scandal that followed, expressing empathy for equipment assistant John Jastremski and officials locker room attendant Jim McNally.

"It's been a very tough situation for everybody. It's put a lot of stress on everybody's families," Brady said in front of his locker before practice. "I feel bad that anybody is in the position that we've been put in. Hopefully we can just keep learning from life's experiences, and I certainly feel terrible for them that they're not able to be with us right now."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13597291/tom-brady-new-england-Patriots*-addresses-reporters-first-super-bowl-news-conference

"Freed" - WTF? - it is not as if Brady spent the summer in prison

Tom feels terrible for the staffers - but they would have felt even worse if they had dimed out Tom Terrific

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
"It's been a very tough situation for everybody. It's put a lot of stress on everybody's families," Brady said in front of his locker before practice. "I feel bad that anybody is in the position that we've been put in. Hopefully we can just keep learning from life's experiences, and I certainly feel terrible for them that they're not able to be with us right now."
Guess he's upset he no longer has his Patsys around to cover for him.

Anyways check out this video where Peyton Manning levels his "real opinion" about Deflategate, and who a QB should be most thankful towards. I love how he emphasizes the equipment guys and the video guys:

Always remember to thank your video and equipment guys.

PostSubject: Re: Brady vs. Steelers week one   Brady vs. Steelers week one - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady vs. Steelers week one
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next