Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin

Go down 
+31
Atlanta Dan
JPPT1974
Lokki
SteelersYak
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
FrancoLambert
EbonySteel86
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelCityUnderground
SoCalFan
kirklandrules
Stella Nation
teegre
ImperialFan
harrison'samonster
OX1947
vasteeler
PhantomJB93
Fire Arians
BlackAndGold
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
kan_t
jak341
effyou515
pczach
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
Bane
tony hipchest
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
EbonySteel86

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:12 pm

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY BOYKIN ISN'T PLAYING, AGIAN????
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 11:14 pm

The Steelers Should Start Brandon Boykin

by Lee Andrew Henderson     |    November 30, 2015

The Steelers spent a draft pick to acquire Brandon Boykin from the Philadelphia Eagles at the beginning of the season.  Draft picks are very valuable to the Steelers.  Every season the salary cap is pretty tight and the Steelers could really use cheap draft picks if they are good enough to get on the field.  So far that draft pick has been a waste because Boykin rarely plays.  If you visit any Steelers forum most of the educated fans understand that Boykin is best at covering the slot, a spot that is currently designated for William Gay.  Boykin is not good at covering receivers on the outside, meaning that the Steelers acquired Boykin to simply be Gay's back up against slot receivers.  The problem with this argument is that the cornerback currently starting can't cover receivers on the outside either.  When I did a search for a photo of Antwon Blake, hilariously the first photo that popped up was Seahawks wide receiver Jermaine Kearse scoring on him.  

I'm not the only one that is confused by Boykin not playing.  Defensive Coordinator Carnell Lake was asked a week ago why Boykin isn't playing and his response was that in order for Boykin to get more playing time, "Somebody else would have to be playing badly right now."  At the time the Steelers were 28th in pass defense.  After Russell Wilson shredded the Steelers defense for 345 yards and 5 touchdowns the Steelers now rank 30th in pass defense. Just how bad do they have to fall before Lake admits that some people are playing badly right now?  

Like I said before, Boykin is not known for being a great cornerback outside of covering the slot, but why not give him a chance?  It's not going to be any worse than what Blake has done this season.  Maybe Boykin will surprise you.  He's only 25 years old.  How many players peak at 25?  Maybe he'll become a better cornerback with playing time.  Maybe he'll simply step up with a playoff spot on the line.  It's really pretty simple if you think about it.  When somebody is playing poorly you bench him and bring in the next guy...

to read rest of article:    

http://thepiratesbay.sportsblog.com/posts/8146486/the-steelers-should-start-brandon-boykin.html
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 am

Will Boykin get his shot this week?

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

CB Brandon Boykin wants to be on the field helping his teammates win.

All Brandon Boykin wants is an opportunity. He just wants to play the game he loves. He is a competitor, and he wants to compete.

And this week, that opportunity might come his way.

Coach Mike Tomlin indicated in his weekly press conference that Boykin could be worked into the mix this week after the corners struggled against Seattle.

Boykin is hoping that is the case, but he is preparing for Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts the same as he has every other one this season.

“We’ll see what is going to happen,” said Boykin. “Despite everything that has been happening the entire season I have a responsibility as a professional to go about my business and do it the right way. Whatever happens is going to happen. I am going to prepare the same way. If I am on the field I am going to play and do what I am supposed to do and show everybody what I am capable of.”

The Steelers traded for Boykin during training camp in exchange for a conditional fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft. But he hasn’t found his way onto the field in the base defense with the exception of limited action.

While he only started six games with the Eagles, he did see extensive playing time on defense and adjusting to his new circumstances has been challenging.

“When you are in the situation I have been in it’s tough because you have to prepare every single week because you could be in at any time,” said Boykin. “That’s been kind of hard for me, making that change, that transition, knowing you still have to stay ready because you could play. I have to attack it the same way. I never lost any confidence in myself the entire season. Once I get out there it will be exciting for me.

“You just have to roll with it. From me getting here, everything has been new. The thing I learned is to stay in the moment, don’t have expectations, don’t do anything out of the norm for you. For me it’s been a learning experience and this week is no different as far as I prepare.”

Boykin said he has been asked multiple times why he hasn’t been on the field, but he doesn’t have an answer to the question.

“I have to maintain my professionalism,” said Boykin. “Has it been frustrating at times? Absolutely. It’s about winning, it’s about our team. I have 100 percent confidence I can continue to do what I have been doing my career. When my opportunity comes, I will make the most of it.

“It’s been tough knowing I am capable of being a great player. I don’t control anything but myself. I don’t have crazy reactions to things when they don’t go my way. You just have to take a step back and be a professional about the situation. The NFL isn’t fair, life isn’t fair. That is one of those lessons in life where I am sure I will be able to grow from it knowing I am better from it on and off the field.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Will-Boykin-get-his-shot-this-week/4bd25c59-acbe-4d26-aa93-af2e3e7b8bbe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin   Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers trade for Eagles CB Brandon Boykin
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6