Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2016 nfl draft

Go down 
+16
WCSteeler
jak341
Master_Of_Puppets
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersCanada
pczach
BlackAndGold
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
PhantomJB93
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
SoCalFan
steelcrazy
ImperialFan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:20 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Apparently Desmond King's parents want him to stay in school, but he hasn't decided yet. If I were King I'd leave for the draft. Iowa football hit it's ceiling as evidenced by that piss poor Rose Bowl showing... King actually played quite well despite the horrible loss. Go make your money kid, you can finish that education later on.

Agree, his stock is never going to be higher than it is right now. I still think his combine performance will be the difference between round 1 and round 3. IMO, he looks like he would be a good safety if he considered the switch.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:44 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
RD 1 TreDevious White CB LSU
RD 2 Jeremy Cash, S Duke
Rd 3 Sebastian Tretola, OG Arkansas
Rd 4 Chris Jones, DE Miss St

I would go for Cravens in the 2nd, but I think somebody else will pick him higher in the 2nd round.

What are they feeding those guys on the OL in Arkansas? Holy shit those guys are big. If you want a mauler, Tretola would be a good choice.

Pretty solid picks overall. Definitely addresses the secondary needs on the first two picks. They still need an edge rusher because Jones isn't it. I hope they can find a gem from the third round on. Not easy to do.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
RD 1 TreDevious White CB LSU
RD 2 Jeremy Cash, S Duke
Rd 3 Sebastian Tretola, OG Arkansas
Rd 4 Chris Jones, DE Miss St

I would go for Cravens in the 2nd, but I think somebody else will pick him higher in the 2nd round.

What are they feeding those guys on the OL in Arkansas? Holy shit those guys are big. If you want a mauler, Tretola would be a good choice.

Pretty solid picks overall. Definitely addresses the secondary needs on the first two picks. They still need an edge rusher because Jones isn't it. I hope they can find a gem from the third round on. Not easy to do.

Yeah, they might feel fine with Hubbard, as I don't think they will extend Foster and in that case, they might go for an OLB prospect on day 2 instead of O line. I think they will go with Dupree, Harrison, Moats...and either draft or FA vet to compete with Chickillo for the #4 OLB. Could also release and try to sign Jones for depth, but think they might move on from that experiment.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Senior Bowl has confirmed a good group at Safety for this years game.

Jeremy Cash , Duke
Jaylen Mills, LSU
Darian Thompson, Boise St
Kevin Byard , Middle Tenn
Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah

I always love Senior Bowl week, but will be interesting to see who of this group stands out this year, as the Steelers could use a pick at safety.

Also a good group of O linemen where we could find a replacement for Foster and I'm interested to see what Martinez and Matakevich stock is like at ILB. Think the Steelers extend Vince Williams, let Spence move on and draft another ILB to fill in when #50 is injured.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Desmond King going back to Iowa.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:06 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
Desmond King going back to Iowa.

Well that's a good thing for my Hawks I suppose. I'm not getting my hopes up next season anyways. Just makes the letdown that much worse when it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:21 pm

Its too bad we never got to see what we had in Golson this season. I could see us putting all our stock on him and addressing the safety position in the draft along with another pass rusher. maybe a running back in round 3-5... Just in case. You never know when u might find a bargain at RB in those picks. After next season Willams will be gone and we will need a good back up for Bell. I would suggest we look for him this season.

teegre

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Senior Bowl has confirmed a good group at Safety for this years game.

Jeremy Cash , Duke
Jaylen Mills, LSU
Darian Thompson, Boise St
Kevin Byard , Middle Tenn
Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah

I always love Senior Bowl week, but will be interesting to see who of this group stands out this year, as the Steelers could use a pick at safety.

Also a good group of O linemen where we could find a replacement for Foster and I'm interested to see what Martinez and Matakevich stock is like at ILB.  Think the Steelers extend Vince Williams, let Spence move on and draft another ILB to fill in when #50 is injured.

I like Mills.

I'd try to keep both Spence and Williams. Timmons has been good, but his cap hit is huge.

Golson in the slot. Cockrell as the #2 CB. I'd love to get a true #1 CB.

IDEA: Re-sign Beachum, and slide him over to LG.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:24 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
The OLB position will need to be addressed again. Or do they hope Dupree becomes a star next year while hoping Jarvis & Harrison combine around 7-8 sacks?. (Last 3 games, zero sacks from the OLBs).

ILB is a possibility with Timmons getting older(no way does he deserve more $$$).

Safety will be a high priority, but I think they'll target a player like Eric Weddle in FA as a stopgap at that position. And take one in rounds 3 or 4.

No need to explain the CB position.

I think Beachum is brought back(1 year deal?) but the question is at Left Guard. If they target a guy like Weddle(what I'd do) doubt they'll have the money to bring him back. Is BJ Finny the answer? They gave him a pay raise about a month ago, so I'm assuming he's showing some nice things.

I was just posting similar things. I should have read this first.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Weddle in the black and gold at all.

Tomlin made comments around the "trade deadline" time about Weddle, which made me think that they were going to trade for him. They didn't, but the comments make me think that they will sign him as a free agent.

He has two good years left. Play him at FS, move Mitchell to SS, and Golden will back up both positions. Then, draft Karl Joseph in R4, to develop* for a year.

*(he suffered a season-ending knee injury, and will need a red shirt season to heal. Prior to his injury, he was leading the NCAA with 5 INTs... which is great, considering that he is an in-the-box type of thumper.)

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:47 am

teegre wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Weddle in the black and gold at all.

Tomlin made comments around the "trade deadline" time about Weddle, which made me think that they were going to trade for him.  They didn't, but the comments make me think that they will sign him as a free agent.  

He has two good years left.  Play him at FS, move Mitchell to SS, and Golden will back up both positions.  Then, draft Karl Joseph in R4, to develop* for a year.  

*(he suffered a season-ending knee injury, and will need a red shirt season to heal.  Prior to his injury, he was leading the NCAA with 5 INTs... which is great, considering that he is an in-the-box type of thumper.)  

I like that idea. We could definitely use a guy with Weddle's skillset. Pairing him with Mike Mitchell, I think that'd be a pretty damn good safety tandum that could get us by for the next 2-3 seasons. Bring in a younger guy like you suggested, and let him learn from those guys during that time.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:26 am

teegre wrote:

IDEA:  Re-sign Beachum, and slide him over to LG.  

Now there is an idea I haven't heard in a while. 2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 1549491426

Beach isn't a great run blocker, so I don't think putting him inside will work. Don't think he would fare well with some of the 3Tech in the div, nor big guys like Shelton.

O line looks deep this year. Can find an interior lineman in the draft IMO, plus I bet they think Hubbard is ready if the don't sign Foster.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
teegre wrote:

IDEA:  Re-sign Beachum, and slide him over to LG.  

Now there is an idea I haven't heard in a while.   2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 1549491426

Beach isn't a great run blocker, so I don't think putting him inside will work.  Don't think he would fare well with some of the 3Tech in the div, nor big guys like Shelton.

O line looks deep this year.  Can find an interior lineman in the draft IMO, plus I bet they think Hubbard is ready if the don't sign Foster.

beachum on the inside would be a rerun of darnell stapleton on roller skates.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:11 am

My traditional end season "way too early" mock draft.

1. Su'a Cravens, S/LB, USC
2. Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia
3. Denver Kirkland, OG, Arkansas
4. Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama
7. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford

Not enough picks to fill other needs...

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Took one highlight video to convince me Su'a Cravens will be an absolute x-factor for whoever he plays for. Looks like a Kam Chancellor clone. He's got that perfect combo of coverage/ball skills and size/hitting ability you don't see in many safeties.

I think I'd still lean towards a good R1 corner if there is one on the board just because it seems easier to find good safeties later on, but I'd be thrilled with Cravens.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
Took one highlight video to convince me Su'a Cravens will be an absolute x-factor for whoever he plays for.  Looks like a Kam Chancellor clone.  He's got that perfect combo of coverage/ball skills and size/hitting ability you don't see in many safeties.

I think I'd still lean towards a good R1 corner if there is one on the board just because it seems easier to find good safeties later on, but I'd be thrilled with Cravens.

He'll mostly play in the box but, I believe he has the talent to play in coverage at times.

Butler blitzed Will Allen after the QB a lot this year(4 sacks), Cravens can do the exact same thing while bringing more speed & athleticism to the defense. He's a top 10-15 talent IMO. But with him not having a true position it'll make him fall.

I just don't see a CB worth taking at #25. I expect them to roll with Gay, Cockrell, Golson, Blake, Grant(move to safety?) & 4th-5th RD rookie at CB.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:36 am

Peter King had in one of this pieces about what each losing team this weekend needs to get. For the Steelers, it wasn't a S, CB, LB: it was a TE. He thinks what we are missing is an intermediate threat in the mold of a Gronk or Kelsey.
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:35 am

jak341 wrote:
Peter King had in one of this pieces about what each losing team this weekend needs to get. For the Steelers, it wasn't a S, CB, LB: it was a TE. He thinks what we are missing is an intermediate threat in the mold of a Gronk or Kelsey.
I like Jesse James, good hands and considerable size make him pretty promising
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

heres our free pick

Last edited by ImperialFan on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Like this guy more

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:09 am

a 6' 200 athletic with length and speed CB is what is on my Steelers draft wish list.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:31 am

jak341 wrote:

Yeah I saw a mock draft that had us taking a TE with the 25th overall pick. No way. We have Miller, and Spaeth for blocking, and Jesse James showed quite a bit of promise both receiving and blocking in his rookie season. Drafting a TE in the 1st Round would be a mistake IMO. I think we should draft a Jordan Reed type later in the draft, one of those TE/WR hybrid types in the same mold as a Gronk, or a Graham, but one that is more of a project that can be developed. Maybe I'd be more willing to spend a high pick in the next season or two on a possible playmaker at the position but right now, we need to address CB, S, OLB, and DE in the draft.

Safety - Will Allen is aging and is probably in the twilight of his career. Robert Golden is a good backup player but we need a solid playmaker at the position. Someone to pair with Mike Mitchell that is rangy, fast, and hits like a sledgehammer.

Who I'd like to see - Jalen Ramsey - S/CB Florida State - 6'1" - 204lbs - 4.50 40 Time.

Cornerback - Antwon Blake is a backup player at best. I like his physicality but he too often makes mistakes to be considered a real starter, and at times this season his physicality led to poor tackling technique and missed tackles that really hurt our team. He's a weak link, evidenced by the fact that opposing quarterbacks target him early, and often throughout games. Only time will tell if Senquez Golson was a worthwhile pick, it's hard to say anything about him being that he sat out his rookie year due to injury. I hope he can step up and be a playmaker for us. I'd still like to see this team use a 1st or 2nd Round pick on a taller, more physical corner that can play man-to-man and get physical with receivers jamming them at the line. It seems the best secondaries in the league are able to do this with consistency. We're not able to do that, often times are guys are playing off in coverage, and sometimes it leads to big plays. Really need to address this position.

Who I'd like to see - James Bradberry - CB - Samford - 6'1" - 213lbs - 4.47 40 Time

Outside Linebacker - We need a pass rusher. We still don't have a dominant guy. We had more sacks this year but that was due more to Keith Butler and the various types of blitzes he was using. Butler used a lot of cornerback and safety blitzes, and mixed things up which lead to more sacks as the defense was more aggressive but there were a lot of times that we really didn't have much in the way of a pass rush, and we still need that dominant OLB that can put the game on his shoulders and pressure the QB with consistency. This would help take pressure off our secondary.

Who I'd like to see -  Yannick Ngakoue - OLB/DE - Maryland - 6'2" - 255lbs - 4.82 40 Time

Defensive End - Cam Heyward, and Stephon Tuitt are studs. Plain and simple. But they play nearly every single snap. We need depth at the position. Cam Thomas and L.T. Walton just aren't very good. When Tuitt was hurt earlier on in the season it really hampered the defense, and proved we have little to no depth at the position behind our starters. We need someone that can really come in and give Tuitt or Heyward a breather so we can have fresh legs, and I think that would lead to more big plays from the position, instead of Heyward and Tuitt getting gassed.

Who I'd like to see - Carl Nassib - DE - Penn State - 6'7"- 272lbs - 5.00 40 Time

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:05 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Yeah I saw a mock draft that had us taking a TE with the 25th overall pick. No way. We have Miller, and Spaeth for blocking, and Jesse James showed quite a bit of promise both receiving and blocking in his rookie season. Drafting a TE in the 1st Round would be a mistake IMO. I think we should draft a Jordan Reed type later in the draft, one of those TE/WR hybrid types in the same mold as a Gronk, or a Graham, but one that is more of a project that can be developed. Maybe I'd be more willing to spend a high pick in the next season or two on a possible playmaker at the position but right now, we need to address CB, S, OLB, and DE in the draft.

Safety - Will Allen is aging and is probably in the twilight of his career. Robert Golden is a good backup player but we need a solid playmaker at the position. Someone to pair with Mike Mitchell that is rangy, fast, and hits like a sledgehammer.

Who I'd like to see - Jalen Ramsey - S/CB Florida State - 6'1" - 204lbs - 4.50 40 Time.

Cornerback - Antwon Blake is a backup player at best. I like his physicality but he too often makes mistakes to be considered a real starter, and at times this season his physicality led to poor tackling technique and missed tackles that really hurt our team. He's a weak link, evidenced by the fact that opposing quarterbacks target him early, and often throughout games. Only time will tell if Senquez Golson was a worthwhile pick, it's hard to say anything about him being that he sat out his rookie year due to injury. I hope he can step up and be a playmaker for us. I'd still like to see this team use a 1st or 2nd Round pick on a taller, more physical corner that can play man-to-man and get physical with receivers jamming them at the line. It seems the best secondaries in the league are able to do this with consistency. We're not able to do that, often times are guys are playing off in coverage, and sometimes it leads to big plays. Really need to address this position.

Who I'd like to see - James Bradberry - CB - Samford - 6'1" - 213lbs - 4.47 40 Time

Outside Linebacker - We need a pass rusher. We still don't have a dominant guy. We had more sacks this year but that was due more to Keith Butler and the various types of blitzes he was using. Butler used a lot of cornerback and safety blitzes, and mixed things up which lead to more sacks as the defense was more aggressive but there were a lot of times that we really didn't have much in the way of a pass rush, and we still need that dominant OLB that can put the game on his shoulders and pressure the QB with consistency. This would help take pressure off our secondary.

Who I'd like to see -  Yannick Ngakoue - OLB/DE - Maryland - 6'2" - 255lbs - 4.82 40 Time

Defensive End - Cam Heyward, and Stephon Tuitt are studs. Plain and simple. But they play nearly every single snap. We need depth at the position. Cam Thomas and L.T. Walton just aren't very good. When Tuitt was hurt earlier on in the season it really hampered the defense, and proved we have little to no depth at the position behind our starters. We need someone that can really come in and give Tuitt or Heyward a breather so we can have fresh legs, and I think that would lead to more big plays from the position, instead of Heyward and Tuitt getting gassed.

Who I'd like to see - Carl Nassib - DE - Penn State - 6'7"- 272lbs - 5.00 40 Time

what about william jackson III, he looks very impressive

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:14 pm

I do like jaylen Ramsey for safety

2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 469886443 2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 2893009358

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:08 pm

the big CBs in this draft.

Rashard Robinson LSU Jr 6-2 182 round 2-3

Eli Apple Ohio State rSo 6-1 200 round 1-2

William Jackson III Houston Sr 6-1 195 round 2

Deiondre' Hall Northern Iowa Sr 6-1 190 round 3

Xavien Howard Northern Iowa Sr 6-1 190 round 3

Maurice Canady Virginia Sr 6-1 185 round 4

Daryl Worley West Virginia Jr 6-1 198 round 5-6

Arjen Colquhoun Michigan State rSr 6-1 197 round 7-FA

Steelers could double up on big CBs in this draft. 2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 1557163439

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 nfl draft    2016 nfl draft  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 nfl draft
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next