Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBengals Week - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bengals Week

Go down 
+32
harrison'samonster
OX1947
fer69
vasteeler
WCSteeler
steelcityboyz
steelcrazy
lotas
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Jazzo
pczach
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerSpartan
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
SteelCity4Life
SoCalFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
Buddha Bus
Stryker
jak341
ImperialFan
Wallace108
The_Joker
WVABE
Atlanta Dan
Lokki
Fire Arians
Vis
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Bengals Week - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:18 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

The bills will not go 10-6

Agreed - I was just trying to game out the possibilities of potential wildcard teams with 6 losses

Houston or Indy will end up with 7 losses since they play each other, so the AFC South runner up is out

I suppose 9-7 might make it, but if the Steelers cannot win at least 3 of their last 4 (which will involve beating a playoff team) they have no business in the playoffs

Playoff level intensity this Sunday

Steelers offensive lineman David DeCastro stopped short of calling the Cincinnati Bengals a dirty team, but he admits there is no love lost between the two teams as they get ready to square off a second time this season....

“We don’t like them. They don’t like us,” offensive lineman David DeCastro said. “I’m not going to sit here and give you bulletin board material, but that’s as simple as it can be.”

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/12/07/We-don-t-like-them-They-don-t-like-us/stories/201512070003
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 pm

If the team can perform like they did on Sunday we CAN win out, and that includes the post season. Unfortunately Tomlin has seen enough of Boykin and will ride or die with Blake!

Bengals Week - Page 2 611739232

In classic Tomlin fashion, we will beat the bungles and broncos, lose to the rat's... Bengals Week - Page 2 1401235891

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Win out, that's the only way to go. Having to rely on other teams to get us in is a no-go.

I think we're a different team this time around. Defense will be the key. They shut the door last night and our offense had its foot on the pedal for the most part.

I think we're being severely undersold by both the media and Bengals fans.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Bengals Week - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
If the team can perform like they did on Sunday we CAN win out, and that includes the post season. Unfortunately Tomlin has seen enough of Boykin and will ride or die with Blake!

Bengals Week - Page 2 611739232

In classic Tomlin fashion, we will beat the bungles and broncos, lose to the rat's... Bengals Week - Page 2 1401235891

Maybe Rooney will step in and help Blake...."retire". Its either that or somebody need to make sure he is in the concussion protocol for the next 4 games.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:52 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I think between this game and the denver game the cinci game might be the easiest to win.  we need to take one of the next 2 then win the rest.

I think the Bengals game will be tougher IMO. Both not easy contests but Denver doesn't scare me much. Osweiler can't hang with Ben if it becomes a shootout, and we score a lot of points at home

From what I understand we will be facing Peyton Manning.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

The bills will not go 10-6

Agreed - I was just trying to game out the possibilities of potential wildcard teams with 6 losses

Houston or Indy will end up with 7 losses since they play each other, so the AFC South runner up is out

I suppose 9-7 might make it, but if the Steelers cannot win at least 3 of their last 4 (which will involve beating a playoff team) they have no business in the playoffs

Playoff level intensity this Sunday

Steelers offensive lineman David DeCastro stopped short of calling the Cincinnati Bengals a dirty team, but he admits there is no love lost between the two teams as they get ready to square off a second time this season....

“We don’t like them. They don’t like us,” offensive lineman David DeCastro said. “I’m not going to sit here and give you bulletin board material, but that’s as simple as it can be.”

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/12/07/We-don-t-like-them-They-don-t-like-us/stories/201512070003

I hear you. I don't think the bengals game or the broncos game will be unwinnable.  We have the broncos at home and we in general have been having huge games at home this season. Then theres the bengals which we all know we can win. One things for sure, these next two weeks will be huge. Imagine if pittsburgh beats the bengals at Cinci then the broncos. leaving us at 9-5, we will probably regarded as superbowl favorites.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Ben played like shit the first time we played Cincy. He was off target all game, just coming back from injury. He should be much sharper this time around. Also,  If our secondary holds up like it did this past game we should win. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's a convincing win...

Add in the improvement in the O line play as well
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:30 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Ben played like shit the first time we played Cincy. He was off target all game, just coming back from injury. He should be much sharper this time around. Also,  If our secondary holds up like it did this past game we should win. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's a convincing win...

Add in the improvement in the O line play as well
Yes! and im glad ben is finally getting the creidt he deserves from around the league. can you spell E-L-I-T-E. Ben may be the best qb  in the league as of now. Him or Brady.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:16 am

Every game going forward is crucial. I'd love to see us get momentum by winning out. I think our secondary can hold up against Dalton if Boykin plays like he did sunday and Cockrell holds his own.

We can beat anyone in a shoot out but I'd much rather dominate on both sides. The fact is we don't really know which defense will show up.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 am

If you ask me we've got to just about win out if we hope to make the playoffs. KC and NYJ don't exactly have the toughest of schedules to end their seasons. We have two 10-2 teams over these next two weeks. We either need to win out, or lose one and hope that other teams falter. I'd prefer we control our own destiny and go out and take wins.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:25 am

I think that if Ben stays healthy we will win all now, even with our inconsistent D. The only team I fear in the AFC are the Patriots*. And only when Gronkowski and Edelman are ready to play, which will probably be the case in the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:26 am

Losing is a luxury the Steelers can no longer afford. I'm sure the Bengals are salivating at the chance to severely dash the Steelers' playoff hopes.

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 am

Bengals Week - Page 2 2276209185 to Ed B. of the P-G for the link to this article

The Pittsburgh Steelers' High-Scoring, Goalpost-Humping Machine Rolls On

If there's any doubt this team is capable of beating anybody, anywhere…well, it's disappearing by the week...

From here, there will be every chance for the Steelers to falter – or to scare the daylights out of the rest of the AFC. They face the Bengals in Cincinnati next. After that, the Broncos visit. Things could break badly in a hurry. On the other hand, the Steelers, who have yet to win more than two in a row this season, could get hotter than holy hell and declare themselves ready to rock and roll toward the Super Bowl....

The Patriots* are all banged up. Manning's situation in Denver is completely up in the air. The Bengals tend to be useless come playoff time. Maybe there's a window for another team. If there is, the Steelers seem likeliest to blast – testicles-first, if need be – right through it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/can-anyone-stop-the-pittsburgh-steelers-20151207#ixzz3tjeG6Saz

Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:32 am

The Bengals fans actually believe (on their forums) that the Steelers are a dirty team, and that we are out to intentionally injure them.

They are pointing to the game in November as proof that Pit shouldn't be an issue for them. I guess they forgot the circumstances surrounding that game (Bell injured, Ben rusty) and they still only barely eeked out a win by 6 points.

I think we score 40+ in this game. Cinci makes it a little closer than the Colts did, but it's a shootout and our defense steps up for us with a few turnovers and solid stops.

Steelers 44, Bengals 21

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 am

I'm not exactly confident our secondary can stop Cincy, but if we win, good lord, we've got the momentum for a Super Bowl run, make no mistake about it.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:12 am

The_Joker wrote:
I'm not exactly confident our secondary can stop Cincy, but if we win, good lord, we've got the momentum for a Super Bowl run, make no mistake about it.
Agreed.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:30 am

The_Joker wrote:

In many ways, this season has felt a lot like 2005.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Bengals Week - Page 2 56897380
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Must wine, can no lose

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bengals Week - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:42 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Must wine, can no lose

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Time to bring out your best ball Steelers....

OL has to stay strong....definitely can't let them get pressure with just 4. Bengals safeties were locked in on waiting for the deep ball, last time.

Defense needs to get after Dalton and force TOs.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Injury update from Tomlin today

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Bengals Week - Page 2 635537445371536948-SMG-20141207-tcb-ad4-22
Really want to win this one for this guy

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:53 pm

It is extremely important that get get William Gay back before this game..

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Steelers need win more than revenge vs. Bengals

By Chris Bradford

PITTSBURGH -- David DeCastro, the Steelers' stoic offensive lineman, is not a guy exactly known for shooting off at the mouth. When asked Monday about the bad blood that exists between his team and the Cincinnati Bengals, the Stanford grad politely declined to provide the media with any bulletin board fodder for the presumptive AFC North champions to use this week.

"We don't like them and they don't like us ... that's as simple as that can be," was all DeCastro could muster.

That's OK because his teammates provided a landfill's worth of trash talk a few weeks ago in the aftermath of Cincinnati's 16-10 win at Heinz Field. You might recall that was the game in which Ben Roethlisberger, coming off a four-week absence, threw three interceptions, one-third of his season total. That was the game that the Steelers blew a 10-6 lead in the final three minutes. And it was also the game in which Le'Veon Bell was lost for the season with a knee injury courtesy of a hit from Vontaze Burfict.

The Bengals linebacker appeared to take great satisfaction in the hit, and Vince Williams, most famously, took exception to it. On social media the Steelers linebacker, a South Florida native, wrote that if he ever caught Burfict on South Beach, "I'm painting that boy." Painting, it was learned, has more to do with assault than it does acrylics or enamel.

And then there was Bengals tight end Marvin Jones, who labeled Mike Mitchell as "fake tough" after the Steelers safety delivered a vicious, but clean, hit to the torso that knocked Jones from the game.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot, and he probably would have been out a lot longer."

Mitchell added that he wouldn't forget about Jones' comments or Burfict's hit on Bell.

"I have a very good memory," Mitchell said.

to read rest of article:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-need-win-more-than-revenge-vs-bengals/article_c1a50a32-9d23-11e5-a5a2-674dd6eb20ed.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals Week
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next