Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBengals Week - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bengals Week

Go down 
+32
harrison'samonster
OX1947
fer69
vasteeler
WCSteeler
steelcityboyz
steelcrazy
lotas
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Jazzo
pczach
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerSpartan
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
SteelCity4Life
SoCalFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
Buddha Bus
Stryker
jak341
ImperialFan
Wallace108
The_Joker
WVABE
Atlanta Dan
Lokki
Fire Arians
Vis
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Bengals Week - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:32 pm

On the other side of the ball, the Bengals CBs are decimated by injury right now. Doesn't sound like Jones may be able to go. And if he does, how effective will be be against Brown or Bryant?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/09/bengals-cb-jones-wearing-cast-on-his-foot/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Jones is OUT! Darn it, wanted them 100%!

"

Bengals corneback Adam Jones has been dealing with and playing through (for the most part) a foot injury for several weeks. However on Wednesday, Jones showed up in a cast and according to ESPN's Coley Harvey, he'll be sidelined against the Steelers.

The injury popped up after a the loss to the Texans in which Jones' injured his shoulder during the game. Instead of that injury, he was listed on the following week's injury report with a foot injury. The ailment would eventually shelve him for the Bengals second straight loss to the Cardinals.

Jones has appeared in the last two Bengals victories. "

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:11 am

SoCalFan wrote:

"

Bengals corneback Adam Jones has been dealing with and playing through (for the most part) a foot injury for several weeks. However on Wednesday, Jones showed up in a cast and according to ESPN's  Coley Harvey,  he'll be sidelined against the Steelers.

The injury popped up after a the loss to the Texans in which Jones' injured his shoulder during the game. Instead of that injury, he was listed on the following week's injury report with a foot injury. The ailment would eventually shelve him for the Bengals second straight loss to the Cardinals.

F them, we played them without Martavis Bryant and Bell for half the game last time
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:44 am

SoCalFan wrote:

"

Bengals corneback Adam Jones has been dealing with and playing through (for the most part) a foot injury for several weeks. However on Wednesday, Jones showed up in a cast and according to ESPN's  Coley Harvey,  he'll be sidelined against the Steelers.

I say we trade Blake to the Bengals to help them with the loss of Jones. Bengals Week - Page 3 469886443
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 2:18 am

SoCalFan wrote:
Jones is OUT! Darn it, wanted them 100%!"

Because it will hurt the Steelers in the power rankings if they beat the Bengals when not at full strength? After all the injuries the Steelers have gone through this year boo-hoo the Bengals may not be at full strength.

I doubt the Bengals shed any tears about the Steelers not being at full strength when they knocked Bell out of the past 2 games

Speaking of which

Immediately following the Cincinnati Bengals’ 16-10 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 1, several Steelers voiced their displeasure with Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and what they believed was a celebration of a tackle that ultimately led to a blown knee for running back Le’Veon Bell....

But what of the potential for any extracurricular activity, especially when it comes to any Steelers offensive players going after Burfict?

“That's my teammate,” Bengals corner Dre Kirkpatrick said. “I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect my teammate. I'm not going to let anybody get cheap shots or anything like that if I'm there.

“Like I said, we know what time it is, we know what type of game this is. Hopefully we can keep our composure, hopefully he can keep his composure and let them be the village idiots.”

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/09/cincinnati-bengals-pittsburgh-steelers-village-idiots/77058282/

Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:27 am

Look, I know we should slaughter the bungles this time around, 100% or not! It is always nice to beat a team that is at full strength so the bitch ass fans cant say shit! Flam on... Bengals Week - Page 3 2625562446

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:29 am

SoCalFan wrote:
Look, I know we should slaughter the bungles this time around, 100% or not! It is always nice to beat a team that is at full strength so the bitch ass fans cant say shit! Flam on... Bengals Week - Page 3 2625562446

Bengals fans would go to the default responses that Ben is a rapist and the 70s Steelers were on steroids if their guys lost at full strength - screw 'em Bengals Week - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:30 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:
Jones is OUT! Darn it, wanted them 100%!"

Because it will hurt the Steelers in the power rankings if they beat the Bengals when not at full strength?  After all the injuries the Steelers have gone through this year boo-hoo the Bengals may not be at full strength.

I doubt the Bengals shed any tears about the Steelers not being at full strength when they knocked Bell out of the past 2 games

Speaking of which

Immediately following the Cincinnati Bengals’ 16-10 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 1, several Steelers voiced their displeasure with Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and what they believed was a celebration of a tackle that ultimately led to a blown knee for running back Le’Veon Bell....

But what of the potential for any extracurricular activity, especially when it comes to any Steelers offensive players going after Burfict?

“That's my teammate,” Bengals corner Dre Kirkpatrick said. “I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect my teammate. I'm not going to let anybody get cheap shots or anything like that if I'm there.

“Like I said, we know what time it is, we know what type of game this is. Hopefully we can keep our composure, hopefully he can keep his composure and let them be the village idiots.”

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/09/cincinnati-bengals-pittsburgh-steelers-village-idiots/77058282/

Them's fighting words! I hope we go there and smash these fools down a couple pegs
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:38 am

I saw on TV "Willie Gay - DNP" and thought uh-oh

But this update Bengals Week - Page 3 184121345

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:16 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

Bengals fans would go to the default responses that Ben is a rapist and the 70s Steelers were on steroids if their guys lost at full strength - screw 'em Bengals Week - Page 3 1797695198  

You forgot to mention the blatant cheap shot that knocked Carson Palmer out of the game so those evil Steelers could go on to win the super bowl instead of the far superior Bengal team...... Bengals Week - Page 3 2164293255

Bengals Week - Page 3 798776511

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 am

It's funny how Steelers fans now value Willie Gay, when a couple years ago they were calling for his head then shipped off to Arizona. I wonder what changed when he came back to play for us.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:34 am

Stryker wrote:
It's funny how Steelers fans now value Willie Gay, when a couple years ago they were calling for his head then shipped off to Arizona. I wonder what changed when he came back to play for us.

Expectations are low. All the talk of how Gay is the top slot corner for the Steelers. I bet there are at least 80 CB's better in the NFL than him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:26 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stryker wrote:

Expectations are low.  All the talk of how Gay is the top slot corner for the Steelers.  I bet there are at least 80 CB's better in the NFL than him.

Oh come on man, give some credit where credit is due. Willie Gay has played damn well for us since he came back from that stint in Arizona. He's been the strongest corner on this defense by far.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:02 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

"

I say we trade Blake to the Bengals to help them with the loss of Jones. Bengals Week - Page 3 469886443

What a great idea! Bengals Week - Page 3 1647293567
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:04 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stryker wrote:

Expectations are low.  All the talk of how Gay is the top slot corner for the Steelers.  I bet there are at least 80 CB's better in the NFL than him.

Oh come on man, give some credit where credit is due. Willie Gay has played damn well for us since he came back from that stint in Arizona. He's been the strongest corner on this defense by far.

I really think Carnel taught him to play smart. He has been focused ever since he came back from Steeler's west.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am

Let's not let them forget who has owned them all these years!

Bengals Week - Page 3 2013-12-15+18_19_12

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 pm

I hate the Bengals. Especially their fans. A win is not only needed for the playoff standing but to turn those idiot fans into crickets.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason both picked Cinci to win, and I say, "Great!".

Happy to be the underdog in the eyes of the league, makes a sizable victory that much sweeter.

All we need is for our offense to keep doing what it's been doing, and for our defense to keep the momentum and play like they did last week, and we're unstoppable.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 2:00 pm

lotas wrote:

Happy to be the underdog in the eyes of the league, makes a sizable victory that much sweeter.

All we need is for our offense to keep doing what it's been doing, and for our defense to keep the momentum and play like they did last week, and we're unstoppable.

Offense can beat anyone, the defense absolutely has to show up the rest of this season. No more getting burned for easy big plays, and they need to instill fear in opposing quarterbacks.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:49 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stryker wrote:

There are 64 starting CB's in the NFL and Gay is probably around 50-55 of them. Of the 32 nickel CB's, there are probably 20 better, so I am mistaken. There are probably 70 CB's in the NFL better than William Gay.

Both Gay and Boykin are free agents in the offseason. Lets see who gets a larger contract. Gay honestly isn't the best CB on the Steelers roster, but he's been consistent.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:19 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
lotas wrote:

Offense can beat anyone, the defense absolutely has to show up the rest of this season. No more getting burned for easy big plays, and they need to instill fear in opposing quarterbacks.

I agree! The key to winning this game and being a credible playoff contender for the rest of the season is going to be on our defense. Our defensive line has to get penetration so our secondary doesn't have to cover the WR's and TE for a long ass time. If we give Dalton or any other QB time in the pocket, we might as well call this season a wrap.

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 4:09 am

Jazzo wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
lotas wrote:

I agree! The key to winning this game and being a credible playoff contender for the rest of the season is going to be on our defense. Our defensive line has to get penetration so our secondary doesn't have to cover the WR's and TE for a long ass time. If we give Dalton or any other QB time in the pocket, we might as well call this season a wrap.

And that right there is the one thing that scares me. We can score 40 but if the Defense doesn't play, it's game over. We saw a change with Boykin in there. IDK that it was ALL him but it most certainly helped and rumor is, he's going to continue to get that playing time.

I really want to shut their loud mouth, nasty fans the hell up.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Bengals Week - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stryker wrote:

There are 64 starting CB's in the NFL and Gay is probably around 50-55 of them.  Of the 32 nickel CB's, there are probably 20 better, so I am mistaken.  There are probably 70 CB's in the NFL better than William Gay.

Both Gay and Boykin are free agents in the offseason.  Lets see who gets a larger contract.  Gay honestly isn't the best CB on the Steelers roster, but he's been consistent.

Gay is easily the best corner on our roster. He's done everything asked of him and then some.

Bengals Week - Page 3 William%20gay_zpskxsuyhft

Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:27 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
lotas wrote:

And that right there is the one thing that scares me. We can score 40 but if the Defense doesn't play, it's game over. We saw a change with Boykin in there. IDK that it was ALL him but it most certainly helped and rumor is, he's going to continue to get that playing time.

I really want to shut their loud mouth, nasty fans the hell up.

Yeah, we have to win this game for pride too! Cincy's punk ass fans have a history of acting all cocky when they get the lead in the division. They act like they have 4 or more Lombardi trophies in their showcase.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:25 pm

I bet a guy at work that if the Bengals win I will wear his Carson Palmer jersey for the day and if we win he has to wear my Bettis shirt. Now I'm really worried that he might not want to give my Bettis Jersey back. Bengals Week - Page 3 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bengals Week   Bengals Week - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals Week
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next