Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrowns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers

Go down 
+22
Vis
stlrtruck
BKAnthem
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
FrancoLambert
SteelersYak
BlackAndGold
kirklandrules
Atlanta Dan
Lokki
Steeler-in-west
Master_Of_Puppets
WVABE
LambertWardSteel
DesertSteel
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Fire Arians
SteelerFreak58
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Wallace108
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 10:06 am

We need a pass rush. Doesn't matter what our secondary looks like with zero pass rush any NFL QB is going to chew through the secondary. 1 sack in three games and that one sack really wasn't a true honest sack. Said it before there is no secondary out there that can cover receivers long enough when a modern day NFL QB has a clean pocket and 3.5+ seconds to go through their progressions.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Justin Gilbert Says “For Sure” He’ll Play Sunday

BY ALEX KOZORA SEPTEMBER 28, 2016

Brandon Boykin told Justin Gilbert to hang in there.

Gilbert might not have to wait any longer.

As Dave wrote about earlier today, per an Ed Bouchette tweet, the Pittsburgh Steelers have seemingly put together a package for their newest corner this week.

Gilbert talked to reporters after practice and was asked if he would plat against Kansas City.

“I think. For sure. We have some packages for me to come in. Coach says I’m working my tail off so they’re rewarding me with this and letting me get some playing time.”

A poor work ethic was quickly associated with Gilbert during his time in Cleveland, someone who was late to meetings and not detail-oriented, but he has said he’s changed his habits. The fact the team is looking to get him involved may serve as validation to those comments.

So far, Gilbert has yet to see a snap on defense and only sporadic playtime on special teams, mostly as a jammer on punt returns. But given his talent and the injuries to the secondary, it makes sense for his role to be elevated.

It’s unclear exactly what that role will be. Putting him in the Steelers’ dime package would be the first thought though it’s unclear what happens to Artie Burns. If Robert Golden and Sean Davis are down Sunday, William Gay is the only slot-capable player on the roster, meaning he’ll have to stick there in dime.

Perhaps Gilbert will rotate with Burns given the rookie’s struggles as a tackler last week, though Gilbert’s ability there has offered mixed results.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/justin-gilbert-says-sure-hell-play-sunday/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 5:07 pm

I'll be honest. I'm sort of excited by this.

It's like a new toy on Christmas. I want to see exactly what we have.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:52 pm

I hear the knock against him is his tackling, but at this point anything is better than sean davis. not saying davis sucks just yet but he obviously isn't ready for the big stage (leads the team with 9 missed tackles)
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm definitely going to be looking for him out there. Season debut on Sunday night.... dude is gonna be amped (or he should be)

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Him working hard is a good sign, he's been said to have a bad work ethic, but i give him the benefit of the doubt because he got drafted by cleveland. I totally don't fault him for not wanting to play for them Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 11:59 pm

not working hard best way to get traded. Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 1797695198 would like him to have a solid game hopes not to high being new to the team and playbook.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 pm

How 10 daily alarms help Steelers' Justin Gilbert beat oversleeping

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F1014%2Fr139815_1296x729_16%2D9

PITTSBURGH -- Justin Gilbert pulls out his iPhone for emphasis.

"And I'm not even exaggerating," the Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback said. "I can show you."

Gilbert's "clock" app shows 10 wake-up calls, the first at 5:45 a.m. Gilbert allows himself a snooze -- don't we all? -- but the next alarm hits at 6 a.m., followed by 6:07. The other seven are solely to satisfy his paranoia about sleeping too long. He never hears them, he says. "Once 6 hits, bam-bam-bam -- I've got to get up," said Gilbert, who readies for 8:20 special teams meetings Wednesday through Friday.

For most players, these details are mundane. But for Gilbert, they help him manage an issue that held him back as a first-round pick by the Cleveland Browns in 2014.

Gilbert struggled with missing meetings while with the Browns, and when he disclosed to Cleveland reporters in January that his troubles stemmed from being a "hard sleeper," the comment basically marked the end of a clumsy chapter of his career. He never played another down for the Browns, who last month traded him to Pittsburgh for a conditional sixth-round pick.

Expectations are lower for Gilbert, a former top-10 pick who's now the fourth cornerback on a top-10 scoring defense.

At least for now, that's fine with Gilbert, whose safe landing strip is a welcome one.

"It could have gone the other way after Cleveland," Gilbert said. "Everybody's happy for me back home."

Gilbert, who is from Huntsville, Texas, admits he didn't have to get up early at Oklahoma State and the NFL schedule "was something I had to get used to."

But the Steelers haven't assigned a staffer to check on Gilbert every morning. He's tasked with blending in and showing up on time.

"They treat me like a grown man. I’m a grown man now," Gilbert said. "So I have to take responsibility. It feels normal."

Gilbert isn't keen on revisiting the Cleveland episode, but he admits that two-year period feels like a blur. Browns coach Hue Jackson told Gilbert before trading him that a fresh start would do him good. He agreed.

Safety Mike Mitchell said Gilbert hasn't been a problem in Pittsburgh. He's been prompt and engaged. And the cheers from players after Gilbert smoothly handled footwork drills in his first practice reminded all that the talent remains intact.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/20766/how-10-daily-alarms-help-steeler-justin-gilbert-beat-oversleeping
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 2:17 pm

I had him Mocked to us the year he was drafted so i'm happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers   Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns trade CB Justin Gilbert to the Steelers
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4