Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Browns Thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Browns Thread

Go down 
+14
Lokki
stlrtruck
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
jak341
effyou515
vasteeler
Fire Arians
solardave
Wallace108
Vis
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyMon May 15, 2017 8:30 am

snakebit once again.

Browns rookie CB Howard Wilson fractures kneecap, could miss season.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/63371/Browns-rookie-CB-Howard-Wilson-fractures-kneecap--could-miss-season/Default.aspx

Wallace108

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyTue May 16, 2017 10:03 am

I hate to see any rookie suffer a season ending injury before the season even begins. They work their whole young lives to get to the NFL, and then they're sidelined without a chance to compete. Best of luck to him. But F the Browns. The Browns Thread 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri May 26, 2017 7:42 am

I feel for the guy. Hope he recovers and has a long unheralded career. I don't mean this in a bad way. Just a reflection of where he will play.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:58 pm

"I want to be drafted by the browns!" - Said no NFL prospect, ever.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am

I can't wait to hate the Browns again for now I only pity them

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 pm

11 Browns players take knee in circle during national anthem

CLEVELAND -- Eleven Cleveland Browns players knelt in a circle during the national anthem prior to Monday's preseason game against the New York Giants.

While the group knelt behind the Cleveland bench in front of the Gatorade buckets, several other players stood nearby and put their hands on a kneeling teammate's shoulder in support.

Those who took a knee were tight end Seth DeValve, running backs Duke Johnson Jr. and Terrence Magee, safeties Jabrill Peppers and Calvin Pryor, cornerback Jamar Taylor, receivers Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis, linebackers Chris Kirksey and Jamie Collins, and running back Isaiah Crowell (who was not in uniform).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20409319/eleven-cleveland-browns-players-take-knee-circle-national-anthem-monday-preseason-game

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:00 am

The Browns Thread 1523377206-262950_420540801338951_524933562_n

And once again the truth is found

Last edited by effyou515 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 am

The Browns continue to Brown. Sachi Brown fired from the Browns.

Browns fire GM; coach Jackson to return in '18 http://es.pn/2nFMLcK
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Browns hire Dorsey, who proceeds to trash S. Brown, the players, and fires Kenny Britt in his first few days.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21768467/cleveland-browns-general-manager-john-dorsey-predecessor-sashi-brown-get-real-players
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 pm

The poor Brownies.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

The Browns Thread Brownsparade
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 2:15 am

Stella Nation wrote:
The Browns Thread Brownsparade

The Browns Thread 2573146105 the driver looks like he knows exactly where he's going.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:49 pm

They are wheeling and dealing. Acquired Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor so far and just traded DeShone Kizer to Green Bay
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Quote :
When I started this column, the Browns had traded a pair of future mid-round draft picks (fourth and seventh round) and added a $16 million contract.
I'm talking about receiver Jarvis Landry, acquired from the Miami Dolphins.
Before I finished, they had traded the 65th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft for Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor.
Then they traded quarterback DeShone Kizer to the Green Bay Packers for defensive back Damarious Randall.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/03/cleveland_browns_start_strong.html

looks like one of their 1st or 4th first rounds will be a QB.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Quote :
What are the Browns doing?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-are-the-browns-doing/ar-BBK4mvV?ocid=spartandhp

looks like the Browns are trying to stock pile talent in spots of need.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 11:12 am

I hope they pick a QB at 1 and that Barkley is gone before 4.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 4:28 am

I won't mind the Browns' moves so long as they use their #1 overall on Saquon Barkley, and use their #4 on either Darnold or Rosen. They need a franchise RB, and they need a franchise QB. Tyrod Taylor can be a stop-gap solution so whoever they draft can sit back and learn and not need to be thrown into the fire at the beginning of the season. It makes me wonder if they're actually going to use their #1 on a QB because they did get Carlos Hyde. If they take a QB with their first pick then the stupidity is just continuing in my book. They can easily take Barkley and still get Darnold or Rosen with the 4th pick, this is a QB rich draft.

The TJ Carrie signing is a bit curious to me though. I thought it pretty telling that the Raiders just parted ways with two of their starting CBs. Terrance Mitchell is also questionable, the guy was incessantly picked on by opposing QBs at Kansas City for a reason, because he's just not that good.

Some of the moves add good depth, but none of them wow me. None of them in and of themselves make this team a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

The Browns Thread 31395426_1015937858561322_2079547130917158912_n

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 6:21 pm

lol

The Browns don't make sense. They likely could have had Barkley 1 and Mayfield still be there at 4. Browns then take a RB round 2 so obviously they wanted one.

Stella Nation

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 6:55 am

So what do you do if you don't know which QB to take from Mayfield, Darnold and Allen and you have picks 1 and 4? Every other team would take the best overal player at 1 and the remaining QB at 4. But not the Browns.

So best overal player goes at 2. But no worries, two other blue chip players available at 4 in Chubb and Nelson. Every other team picks one of them. But not the Browns. They desperately want a CB who's ranked between 10 and 15 depending on the board. What do you normally do? You trade down a couple of spots. But not the Browns.

They eventually will get a good team, because year after year they can pick high, but it's insane how long it takes.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Just what the Browns need ... distractions.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Wallace108 wrote:

The Browns Thread 2893009358
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 5:39 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Goes to show just how little this franchise and the people running it have learned. You'd think after being owned by the Steelers for so long in the AFC North that they'd just start to try and copy what it is that we're doing. Just when they make a move that you think is intelligent, they do something incredibly stupid. If I was Jimmy Haslam I'd of told HBO to go pound sand.

Oh well it's the Brownies, being the Brownies.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Goes to show just how little this franchise and the people running it have learned. You'd think after being owned by the Steelers for so long in the AFC North that they'd just start to try and copy what it is that we're doing. Just when they make a move that you think is intelligent, they do something incredibly stupid. If I was Jimmy Haslam I'd of told HBO to go pound sand.

Oh well it's the Brownies, being the Brownies.

Teams can be forced to do it. Here's a good explanation of how it works ... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/02/six-teams-meet-the-criteria-to-be-forced-onto-hard-knocks/

From the article:
league rules can compel a team to appear on the show if no team volunteers. This year, six teams meet the criteria to be forced to do the show: Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, the L.A. Chargers, San Francisco and Washington.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 12:36 pm

What I learned from the first episode of Hard Knocks:

1. Jarvis Landry is awesome.

2. Hue Jackson is a great person but a horrible head coach.

3. Landry and Todd Haley both recognize that the Browns are soft.

4. It's just a matter of time until Jackson and Haley kill each other.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Browns Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Browns Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next