Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Browns Thread - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Browns Thread

Go down 
+14
Lokki
stlrtruck
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
jak341
effyou515
vasteeler
Fire Arians
solardave
Wallace108
Vis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

The Browns Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Turns out Odell Beckham's dad thinks Baker isn't throwing to his son enough. LeBron also Tweeted his support...

Odell Beckham Junior's dad posts video showing Baker Mayfield not passing to OBJ

The father of Cleveland wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. posted a video on social media early Tuesday highlighting times when Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield didn't throw the ball to Beckham when he was open.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32533447/odell-beckham-junior-dad-post-shows-baker-mayfield-not-passing-jr

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:22 pm

Not looking good for Beckham in Cleveland...

Odell Beckham Jr. excused from practice; Cleveland Browns discussing WR's future with agent

BEREA, Ohio -- Odell Beckham Jr. might have played his final game with the Browns, as Beckham's representation is engaged with Cleveland general manager Andrew Berry on the next steps for the wide receiver.

Beckham was told not to attend Wednesday's practice, one day after his father posted comments on social media trashing Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32543002/odell-beckham-jr-excused-practice-day-father-post-critical-baker-mayfield

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 6:52 pm

why did the idiots not trade him ?
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Looks like Beckham about to be a free agent. In the old days you'd figure the Cheats get him. Now maybe Tampa Bay. Are the Browns turning into the same old Browns again?

Cleveland Browns finalizing process of releasing Odell Beckham Jr.

The Cleveland Browns are working with Odell Beckham Jr.'s representatives to negotiate an agreement on terms under which they would release the wide receiver, the team announced Friday.

"After careful consideration, internal discussions and conversations with Odell and his representation, we've determined that it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Odell no longer play for the Cleveland Browns," said Browns GM Andrew Berry in a statement.

Full article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32557371/browns-odell-beckham-jr-negotiating-terms-release

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 2:35 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Looks like Beckham about to be a free agent. In the old days you'd figure the Cheats get him. Now maybe Tampa Bay. Are the Browns turning into the same old Browns again?

The Cleveland Browns are working with Odell Beckham Jr.'s representatives to negotiate an agreement on terms under which they would release the wide receiver, the team announced Friday.

"After careful consideration, internal discussions and conversations with Odell and his representation, we've determined that it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Odell no longer play for the Cleveland Browns," said Browns GM Andrew Berry in a statement.

Full article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32557371/browns-odell-beckham-jr-negotiating-terms-release
WTF ? why would they wait till a few days after the trade deadline to decide to get rid of him ? The Browns Thread - Page 7 1505004552
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 4:02 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

WTF ? why would they wait till a few days after the trade deadline to decide to get rid of him ? The Browns Thread - Page 7 1505004552

Because they're the Browns. Who would want him and his Dad now?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 3:54 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Because they're the Browns. Who would want him and his Dad now?
i dont see any of the scrub teams with the cap space picking him up on waivers. he will likely clear waivers and get to decide where he goes. he will obviously want a team with an established QB. he is gonna want to prove it was baker and he's still got it. i think the chiefs would have to look pretty good to him.

raiders - just lost a WR
chiefs - they have hill , kelce and......?
packers - they are so desperate they brought back cobb.
ravens - jackson is already publicly lobbying for him
seahawks - might add him just to distract wilson from talk of leaving. wilson even wanted AB.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:16 pm

So much for that SB run they were so sure they'd make this year.

Kareem Hunt's father rips Baker Mayfield in latest Browns drama: 'He's scared to throw the ball'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kareem-hunt-father-baker-mayfield-browns-drama

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 10:18 am

Ben LOL

Wallace108, vasteeler, tube517, IowaSteeler927 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:24 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

Ben LOL

That is just one of the finest examples of the Browns Brownsing that I've yet seen. Lmao. Can't wait for them to implode yet again this season. I don't think there will be any "happy endings" for them. The Browns Thread - Page 7 3562723908

Wallace108 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 11:09 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Ben LOL

That is just one of the finest examples of the Browns Brownsing that I've yet seen. Lmao. Can't wait for them to implode yet again this season. I don't think there will be any "happy endings" for them. The Browns Thread - Page 7 3562723908

Maybe some uncessary roughness.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

IowaSteeler927 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 8:07 am

Can hardly wait to watch Nick Chubb run for a buck fifty on us next weekend. We're turning into the new Browns of the AFC North.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 8:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Can hardly wait to watch Nick Chubb run for a buck fifty on us next weekend. We're turning into the new Browns of the AFC North.
every year at draft time i complain about the lack of not having a casey hampton like fat guy NT on the roster and people tell me its not worth having such a player because of lack of playing the base 3-4. The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 4:51 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The Browns Thread - Page 7 We-do-not-care-mike-tomlin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 1:40 am

The Browns Thread - Page 7 38082310

Well, we now know why Watson was playing so poorly during the game. It seems he was a bit distracted. The Browns Thread - Page 7 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2023 5:16 pm

the brownie fans are once again having a watson meltdown, cant blame em. watson seems to be completely uninterested in playing football. he got their money and is set for life. i honestly think he wants to be cut. he can buy a lot of happy ending massages with 230 mill. The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:52 am

Yeah signing that guy was a huge mistake, it wasn't as if there weren't a million and a half red flags about the guy either. Dumb signing, but I will say that this Brownies unit is one of the better ones I've seen in a while. If I were them I'd just roll with PJ Walker, he does enough to get by and the kid is a competitor. The defense is their bread and butter anyways.

But I hope they keep trying to play their worthless investment instead.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 4:17 am

We're lucky that the Browns were stupid enough (what's new) to invest their money in Watson. They have a hell of a team on almost all other positions so if they would have a legit QB they would be a serious challenger for the SB. Now not only they don't have one, they're also tied to one who is eating up their cap space.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 3:18 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yeah signing that guy was a huge mistake, it wasn't as if there weren't a million and a half red flags about the guy either. Dumb signing, but I will say that this Brownies unit is one of the better ones I've seen in a while. If I were them I'd just roll with PJ Walker, he does enough to get by and the kid is a competitor. The defense is their bread and butter anyways.

what signs are you talking about ? the dude has an addiction to massage therapist , but other than that The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411
the last time he was on the field he was playing damn good football. his last year before his suspension he threw for 4800 yds , 70% completion, 33 tds to only 7 picks....all that on a team with not much talent around him. i dont remember hearing any complaints of him being a bad teammate . his only negative press i remember hearing was accusations with no actual evidence to back them up. just a bunch of massage therapist which, FYI , often double as sex workers. its not like the world isnt full of gold digging whores.  The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411

i love ripping on the browns as much as the next guy, and i thoroughly enjoy when shit blows up in their face, but i dont fault them for going after watson. they have been in a QB drought for DECADES. they had the chance to get a proven top QB and they rolled the dice. they could have just as easily used those 3 1st round picks and drafted 3 more busts. they do after all have a history drafting bust QB's.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 4:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

what signs are you talking about ? the dude has an addiction to massage therapist , but other than that The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411
the last time he was on the field he was playing damn good football. his last year before his suspension he threw for 4800 yds , 70% completion, 33 tds to only 7 picks....all that on a team with not much talent around him. i dont remember hearing any complaints of him being a bad teammate . his only negative press i remember hearing was accusations with no actual evidence to back them up. just a bunch of massage therapist which, FYI , often double as sex workers. its not like the world isnt full of gold digging whores.  The Browns Thread - Page 7 2087824411

i love ripping on the browns as much as the next guy, and i thoroughly enjoy when shit blows up in their face, but i dont fault them for going after watson. they have been in a QB drought for DECADES. they had the chance to get a proven top QB and they rolled the dice. they could have just as easily used those 3 1st round picks and drafted 3 more busts. they do after all have a history drafting bust QB's.

I'd buy the whole argument that it was just accusations if there wasn't so damned many of them. Dude was doing something he shouldn't have, I think that's fairly obvious. All I'm saying is the Browns should've seen the red flags not only in regards to the accusations, but last season when he did play he really didn't look all that good. This season it's more of the same. He's there but it's like his mind is somewhere else. Doesn't look at all like the pre-accusations Deshaun Watson and what makes their decision to sign him really ridiculous is the money that they gave up for him. Way too much money for a guy with that kind of baggage, alleged or not.

Just not a move I'd of personally made if I was an NFL GM, and I feel like my gut feelings about this guy from the get-go are only being proven to have been correct as his tenure with the Browns has progressed.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 11:23 pm

I knew it was bad but didn't realize it was quite this bad. Browns are really in salary cap hell with the Watson deal

Quote :
Watson's remaining deal

Since signing a five-year, fully guaranteed $230 million deal with the Browns, Deshaun Watson has played a combined 12 games over two seasons, earning $92 million in cash ($7.7 million per game).

Watson is under contract through the 2026 season with $138 million left on his deal and an annual cap hit of $63.9 million.

SEASON CASH VALUE CAP HIT
2024        $46M*        $63.9M
2025        $46M*         $63.9M
2026        $46M*         $63.9M
* Guaranteed

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38903886/deshaun-watson-needs-shoulder-surgery-2023-season

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 4:04 am

And now he's done for the season. Yeah, that was flat out a horrible signing by the Browns front office. Shoud have just tried to draft some talent, sure their track record isn't that great in doing so but it's better than mortgaging the farm on a guy with so much baggage. It was very high risk, high reward and the Browns ended up taking the hit on this one.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:21 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
And now he's done for the season. Yeah, that was flat out a horrible signing by the Browns front office. Shoud have just tried to draft some talent, sure their track record isn't that great in doing so but it's better than mortgaging the farm on a guy with so much baggage. It was very high risk, high reward and the Browns ended up taking the hit on this one.

Yeah, agreed. One guy pulling a $65 million annual cap hit is going to make it tough running the team. They already are challenged enough trying to run a team.

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 12:35 am

Flacco maybe starts for the Browns this week....

Quote :
LOS ANGELES -- The Cleveland Browns have elevated veteran Joe Flacco as their No. 2 quarterback behind injured starter Dorian Thompson-Robinson, potentially putting Flacco in line to start Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams.

Thompson-Robinson remains in the concussion protocol and sat out Wednesday's practice.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39007471/browns-name-joe-flacco-qb2-opening-door-start-vs-rams

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Browns Thread
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7