Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Browns Thread - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Browns Thread

Go down 
+14
Lokki
stlrtruck
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
jak341
effyou515
vasteeler
Fire Arians
solardave
Wallace108
Vis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

The Browns Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Me and the Wife know this family. She grew up in this town, and I grew up 10 minutes away.

Credit to Myles Garrett for doing this.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/cleveland-browns-myles-garrett-delivers-toys-to-northern-cambria-family-displaced-by-fire
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Scorching hot take from Stephen A. on Baker Mayfield.

https://es.pn/3o2Q2y1 via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm

jak341 wrote:

I don't like him but I like what he says here. Beckham and Landry...anyone who is a pass catcher should demand a trade because this guy's not going to make you look good.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:49 am

jak341 wrote:

Have to agree. When you're as talented as guys like OBJ and Landry and your QB can't take advantage of that it's a pretty sad situation.

I still believe that Mayfield is only a slightly better version of Johnny Manziel. Mayfield might have a career as a backup in the league, but he's not a franchise guy. He has one of the best receiver pairs in the entire NFL but if we didn't know how good those guys were from their time with previous teams, there would be no way of knowing it. I don't understand what the Browns were thinking when they drafted Mayfield. Yeah he was cool, he was the swagger college football player... but I think most of us recognized that he wasn't going to do the same things in the NFL. When the Browns running game gets shut down, Baker Mayfield gets entirely exposed.

I still wholeheartedly believe that Josh Allen was the best QB available from that 2018 Draft. The Browns would be doing much better with Allen who has helped turn the Bills from a dumpster franchise, into a contender. I will say the Browns have gotten markedly better than they've been in the past, but I think a lot of that has to do with their rushing attack, their defense, and their overall talent. Their QB is holding them back.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 4:25 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I still wholeheartedly believe that Josh Allen was the best QB available from that 2018 Draft. The Browns would be doing much better with Allen who has helped turn the Bills from a dumpster franchise, into a contender. I will say the Browns have gotten markedly better than they've been in the past, but I think a lot of that has to do with their rushing attack, their defense, and their overall talent. Their QB is holding them back.

I understand what you're saying about Allen, but for me Darnold was the best QB of that class. His problem is 3 years of Adam Gase. I know O'Brien was a terrible coach, but Gase is on a completely different level. Imagine that you're a young talentful player and that you get drafted by a bad team with a horrible coach who can't develop you. Instead of getting better every year, you regress year after year and lose all confidence you have in yourself. Instead of having a chance to build a good, who knows even great, career everyone labels you a bust. I wonder how many talents were wasted over the years because they were drafted by a bad organisation.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 4:57 am

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I understand what you're saying about Allen, but for me Darnold was the best QB of that class. His problem is 3 years of Adam Gase. I know O'Brien was a terrible coach, but Gase is on a completely different level. Imagine that you're a young talentful player and that you get drafted by a bad team with a horrible coach who can't develop you. Instead of getting better every year, you regress year after year and lose all confidence you have in yourself. Instead of having a chance to build a good, who knows even great, career everyone labels you a bust. I wonder how many talents were wasted over the years because they were drafted by a bad organisation.

I still think Allen is the better more naturally gifted QB overall. I will say Darnold was more polished to play in the pros coming out of college. I 100% agree that Darnold is better than what we've seen with the Jets. He definitely never got a fair shake playing behind the Jets woeful offensive line. Their poor coaching and personnel decisions have definitely hindered any possible success he was going to have. If I were Darnold I'd be demanding a trade, he deserves a fair shake with a team that's better off than the Jets. I wouldn't mind seeing Darnold come in to back up Big Ben either as I'm not sold on the viability of Mason Rudolph as Ben's potential heir.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 5:59 am

funny no mention how the Steelers defense blanked the Browns WRs most of the game by the talking heads imho a couple of those Steelers sacks were coverage sacks.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 1:32 pm

effyou515 wrote:
funny no mention how the Steelers defense blanked the Browns WRs most of the game by the talking heads imho a couple of those Steelers sacks were coverage sacks.

All last week all I heard from media and Steeler haters is that the Browns had passed them by. The Browns way more talented than Steelers, their coach is a boy genius, Cleveland is now going to dominate the series and contend for division. The Steelers hadn't beaten anyone this year while the Browns have unstoppable offense

After we give them a good thumping it's: well, they're just the Browns and their QB sucks. I've always agreed with the QB part of that but no one was calling them just the browns last week

effyou515 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 2:33 pm

OBJ and Baker not too happy this week...OBJ warns that he's not going to continue trying to make himself look like a 'good guy' to the world The Browns Thread - Page 6 312503953

Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield: Loss makes 4-2 feel like 0-6

BEREA, Ohio -- Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham Jr. both admitted that even though the Browns still boast a winning record, it hasn't felt like it this week following a deflating 38-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"The feeling throughout [our] building after that loss -- 4-2 has never felt so much like 0-6 before," the Cleveland quarterback said Wednesday. "But that's because we have very high expectations for ourselves."

Beckham seemed especially frustrated in Pittsburgh and visibly upset pacing along the sidelines in the fourth quarter after getting pulled.

"I'm pissed," Beckham said Wednesday. "And at this point, I don't really care to keep trying to make myself look like a good guy to the world and all that s---. ... Tired of losing. Tired of losing to good teams."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30161612/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-deflating-loss-takes-shine-winning-record

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 pm

OBJ is done for the year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30196080/cleveland-browns-wr-odell-beckham-jr-says-torn-acl
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 am

Browns having their issues as well.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 12:20 pm

For any ratbird fans lurking in the shadows, here's a sad reminder for you.

You're team is currently sitting in 3rd place in the AFCN, looking up at the browns.

Let me rephrase, you're team is looking up at a pile of shite known as the browns.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Browns Thread - Page 6 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:49 pm

damn... Baker Mayfield 290 passing yards and 4 TDs at halftime vs the Titans.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Browns may be tough out in the AFC if they keep playing like this. They are completely shutting down D. Henry.

Browns also capitalized on 2 turnovers by the Titans as well.

Edit: you know they are gunning for us as well.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:29 pm

it just seems weird thinking browns and playoffs in the same thought ... The Browns Thread - Page 6 2217377625
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:36 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

so would you trade for him and give him a chance to be Bens successor ? or do you think he is damaged goods and couldnt be salvaged ? i mean look at what getting out of miami did for tannenhill .. The Browns Thread - Page 6 2087824411 .. i still dont think he is elite, but he has proven they can win with him.

i have seen several articles suggesting the trade compensation for Darnold would be a second round pick. i think a late 2nd would be a fair trade risk, but his contract expires in 2021. the jets owe him like 9.8 million for 2021. i dont know how it would work in a trade, but no way would i pay him 9.8 million to sit behind ben in 2021, then have to pay him a bunch more in 2022 not knowing what your gonna get.

The Browns Thread - Page 6 Sd10

Quote :
After the 2020 season (assuming, of course, it will be played), the Jets will consider whether to invoke Darnold’s fifth-year option. The new collective bargaining agreement altered the formula for setting option values from draft slot to performance-related, but Darnold’s price tag will still be steep even as a “Level 2” player (meaning he plays at least 50 percent of this season’s snaps and doesn’t earn a Pro Bowl berth).

Using 2020 cap numbers per overthecap.com, the average of the salaries of the third-through-20th highest-paid QBs is about $20.7 million, which would result in a hefty 111 percent raise from Darnold’s $9.8 million guaranteed 2021 cap charge. That’s a big pill to swallow if you’re not sure.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:34 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

so would you trade for him and give him a chance to be Bens successor ? or do you think he is damaged goods and couldnt be salvaged ? i mean look at what getting out of miami did for tannenhill .. The Browns Thread - Page 6 2087824411 .. i still dont think he is elite, but he has proven they can win with him.

i have seen several articles suggesting the trade compensation for Darnold would be a second round pick. i think a late 2nd would be a fair trade risk, but his contract expires in 2021. the jets owe him like 9.8 million for 2021. i dont know how it would work in a trade, but no way would i pay him 9.8 million to sit behind ben in 2021, then have to pay him a bunch more in 2022 not knowing what your gonna get.

The Browns Thread - Page 6 Sd10

Quote :
After the 2020 season (assuming, of course, it will be played), the Jets will consider whether to invoke Darnold’s fifth-year option. The new collective bargaining agreement altered the formula for setting option values from draft slot to performance-related, but Darnold’s price tag will still be steep even as a “Level 2” player (meaning he plays at least 50 percent of this season’s snaps and doesn’t earn a Pro Bowl berth).

Using 2020 cap numbers per overthecap.com, the average of the salaries of the third-through-20th highest-paid QBs is about $20.7 million, which would result in a hefty 111 percent raise from Darnold’s $9.8 million guaranteed 2021 cap charge. That’s a big pill to swallow if you’re not sure.

In a trade we would only pay the $920000 base salary, the Jets would have to pay the bonuses (signing and roster) so he would be cheap. Just the way Minkah is now playing dirt cheap for us right now because the trading team needs to pay all the dead cap money so the Dolphins are basically paying Minkah to play for us The Browns Thread - Page 6 1797695198 Same problem we had with trading AB.
That being said, I think Darnold is done. 3 years in that shithole just seems too much. I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him, nor will any team either I believe. A 4th could be enough and in that case I would pull the trigger. Probably a wasted pick, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 1:44 am

Stella Nation wrote:

In a trade we would only pay the $920000 base salary, the Jets would have to pay the bonuses (signing and roster) so he would be cheap. Just the way Minkah is now playing dirt cheap for us right now because the trading team needs to pay all the dead cap money so the Dolphins are basically paying Minkah to play for us  The Browns Thread - Page 6 1797695198  Same problem we had with trading AB.
That being said, I think Darnold is done. 3 years in that shithole just seems too much. I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder for him, nor will any team either I believe. A 4th could be enough and in that case I would pull the trigger. Probably a wasted pick, but who knows.

i dont think so..thats is if a player is waived the old team is on the hook for guaranteed stuff , but when a player is traded his contract and all within go with him. of course the new team and player can draw up a new agreed upon contract.

Quote :
Transfer

If a player is traded to another club, all salaries, rights, obligations and special provisions shall transfer to the new team. This means that any compensation paid to a player according to the contract must continue to be paid by the new club
The Browns Thread - Page 6 2829330259

https://www.sportsrec.com/nfl-trade-rules-players-rights-6544050.html[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 2:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

In a trade we would only pay the $920000 base salary, the Jets would have to pay the bonuses (signing and roster) so he would be cheap. Just the way Minkah is now playing dirt cheap for us right now because the trading team needs to pay all the dead cap money so the Dolphins are basically paying Minkah to play for us  The Browns Thread - Page 6 1797695198  Same problem we had with trading AB.

i dont think so..thats is if a player is waived the old team is on the hook for guaranteed stuff , but when a player is traded his contract and all within go with him. of course the new team and player can draw up a new agreed upon contract.

Quote :
Transfer

If a player is traded to another club, all salaries, rights, obligations and special provisions shall transfer to the new team. This means that any compensation paid to a player according to the contract must continue to be paid by the new club
The Browns Thread - Page 6 2829330259

https://www.sportsrec.com/nfl-trade-rules-players-rights-6544050.html

Well, I don't know where to find the appropriate rules, but I'm 100% sure that everything except the base salary is paid by the team trading the player. Here are some examples:

Minkah: As you can see Minkah should've earned around $6M in his first year, yet the Dolphins paid him $10.5M because all the bonuses shifted to them. We only need to pay Minkah $6M for 3 years, the Dolphins $10.5M for 1 year. The Dolphins paid all the remaining signing bonus in 2020, $5M if you scroll down.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/minkah-fitzpatrick-25106/

Antonio Brown: When we traded AB to the Raiders you can see that the Raiders only have paid him $860000, they hadn't any dead cap space when they released him because we already paid that. It was a big issue for us that year, because AB was our 2nd most paid player while not playing for us anymore. It's very well explained in this Steelers Depot article what happened when AB was traded:
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/explaining-where-antonio-browns-freed-up-2020-cap-charges-went/

From the article:
Brown was scheduled to earn a base salary of $12.625 million in 2019 in addition to a $2.5 million roster bonus that was due on March 17, the fifth day of 2019 league year. His cap charge for 2019 was scheduled to be a much higher $22.165 million due to past bonus prorations. The Steelers traded Brown to the Raiders ahead of his roster bonus due date so they were not on the hook for that or any of his $12.625 million base salary. However, with Brown being traded before June 1, all of his outlying prorated bonus charges against the cap came due in 2019 as dead salary cap money. That dead money charge against the Steelers 2019 salary cap was $7.04 million times three, or $21.12 million. In short, the Steelers essentially cleared $1.045 million in 2019 salary cap space prior to Brown’s Rule of 51 displacement.

Once Brown was traded to the Raiders, the 2020 and 2021 base salaries went with him. At that point, Brown had no impact on future cap years for the Steelers. So, most of the questions I get now are related to Brown previously being scheduled to count $18.34 million against the cap in 2020 and why the Steelers don’t have that extra amount now at their disposal. Just because that $18.34 million charge of Brown’s in 2020 is off the books, doesn’t mean that the Steelers couldn’t start spending some of that freed up cap money right away.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:43 pm

The Browns Thread - Page 6 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thelyonsshare.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2Fim-confused

anyway we have 1 more draft to find Bens replacement unless you think that guy is on the roster, which i certainly do not. likely we will be picking anywhere between 24th and 32nd. the only QB they might have a shot at that intrigues me is Zach Wilson.
unless the plan is to ride with rudolf for a few years and pick in the top 10 a few times...the bengal and browns strategy ...quantity over quality.. The Browns Thread - Page 6 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 am

Ben's replacement certainly isn't on our roster and probably not in the NFL either. I fear we have some dark years ahead of us. Let's hope they can find our QB of the future rather sooner than later, but it isn't easy when you don't draft early.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:39 pm

😲

https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/baker-mayfield-wife-emily-detail-alleged-ufo-sighting/amp/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 8:51 am

jak341 wrote:
😲

https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/baker-mayfield-wife-emily-detail-alleged-ufo-sighting/amp/

the gray aliens have bases under lake Erie and the other lakes been there since the great lakes were formed at the end of the last ice age the only time you can see them from land which is very rare is when a damage one breaks through the atmosphere and off course.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 11:41 am

See the source image

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 3:01 pm

If Clowney regains his form for a season, this is trouble.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31256556/jadeveon-clowney-cleveland-browns-reach-one-year-deal-worth-10m-source-says
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Browns Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next