Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Browns Thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Browns Thread

Go down 
+14
Lokki
stlrtruck
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
LambertWardSteel
Stella Nation
jak341
effyou515
vasteeler
Fire Arians
solardave
Wallace108
Vis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

The Browns Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am

^ Good summary.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

jak341 wrote:
^ Good summary.

The Browns Thread - Page 2 230572241

The most important thing I took away from the episode is this (paraphrasing heavily for dramatic effect) ...

Assistant coaches: We need to do things differently. Maybe we should do things the way good teams do things.

Hue Jackson: This is my team, not yours. And we're going to continue doing things MY way, the way that earned us a 1-31 record.

Todd Haley (muttering under his breath): That seat you keep talking about is going to be mine before the end of the season.

Jackson: Anyone got anything else to add? Let it all out now. I'll pretend to care what you say, and then continue to do things my way.

Haley: Nope. Everything is great, coach. You're doing a fantastic job. Super Bowl, baby. (Muttering under his breath again) This is all Keith Butler's fault.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Quote :
Hue Jackson: This is my team, not yours. And we're going to continue doing things MY way, the way that earned us a 1-31 record.

Of course, stick with what got you there The Browns Thread - Page 2 2981382511

By my figuring Hue would need to go 10-6 the next 8 seasons to get his Browns record to 2 games over .500. I know there's a lot of Browns hype going but I just have this hunch they don't do that

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 am

In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

This is the first season I've watched it, and it's not what I was expecting. So far, everything has been handled respectfully, and they haven't showed anyone in a bad light to create a better show. Other than Corey Coleman, everyone has come off looking good. Hell, they're even making Haley look like the voice of reason. That's a twist I didn't see coming. The Browns Thread - Page 2 1664291743

I would have been a hard no on the Steelers being on the show, but now I kind of want it to happen.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

This is the first season I've watched it, and it's not what I was expecting. So far, everything has been handled respectfully, and they haven't showed anyone in a bad light to create a better show. Other than Corey Coleman, everyone has come off looking good. Hell, they're even making Haley look like the voice of reason. That's a twist I didn't see coming. The Browns Thread - Page 2 1664291743

I would have been a hard no on the Steelers being on the show, but now I kind of want it to happen.

Steelers will find a distraction anyway The Browns Thread - Page 2 1664291743 So I don't mind them doing a show next year.

Mayfield is looking good so far, much better than I thought. I'm starting to see why the Patriots* wanted to trade up to #2 if the Browns would have taken another QB at 1.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Steelers will find a distraction anyway The Browns Thread - Page 2 1664291743 So I don't mind them doing a show next year.

Mayfield is looking good so far, much better than I thought. I'm starting to see why the Patriots** wanted to trade up to #2 if the Browns would have taken another QB at 1.

Yeah, Mayfield is coming off much more likeable than I was expecting.

I mentioned Coleman, but I forgot to include Gregg Williams in my last post. The show isn't portraying him in a good light, but you can't camouflage crazy.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 3:10 am

Yeah I'd definitely love to see a behind the scenes of what goes on in the lockerroom, how everything kind of operates, how the coaches do their jobs, and things like that.

Anyone else watch Last Chance U? I'm a pretty big fan of that show. The kids on there can be absolute idiots but I root for the guys that do seriously want to better themselves. In Season 3 they are following Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. I highly recommend it. They played my Alma Mater (Ellsworth Community College) and that game is shown in Episode 4 if I remember correctly. It was funny watching them talk shit about how Ellsworth wasn't that good, and the Ellsworth took them to OT and nearly beat them on their turf. Good show, don't know what to make of Coach Brown though, kind of seems like a bit of a thug mentality to me, I mean I get being tough on guys, but he acts like these guys straight out of the hood and I don't think that kind of coaching helps these guys to become better people. It's an interesting season to say the least.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 am

I recorded the Browns/Eagles game last night. I only had to watch 10 seconds into the 2nd quarter to know the final score. WOW I'd be excited about our D if I were a Browns fan. THEY SHUT OUT THE SB CHAMPS. The Browns Thread - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading. These charges are Federal "pound me in the ass" felony charges. NBC is speculating his NFL career is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/29/mychal-kendricks-nfl-career-could-be-over/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 2:53 am

jak341 wrote:
Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading. These charges are Federal "pound me in the ass" felony charges. NBC is speculating his NFL career is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/29/mychal-kendricks-nfl-career-could-be-over/

Guess it's a good thing we didn't go after Kendricks after all. Stupid. Way to waste your career.

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Just read on Yahoo Mychal Kendricks has been cut by the Browns.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 9:08 am

So here's been my nightmare since last week.

Those Bud Light refrigerators in Cleveland open up on Sunday, September 9.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Browns Thread - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 am

so Steelers fans how do you like me now? asks the Browns.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 8:31 am

effyou515 wrote:
so Steelers fans how do you like me now? asks the Browns.

I'd still have to point out the fact they had a +5 turnover ratio and still couldn't pull out a W. Instead, when it mattered, they allowed a FG to be blocked. This game was gift wrapped for them and they still didn't want it.

F'em

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Browns done with Josh Gordon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-drop-bombshell-cut-receiver-josh-gordon-233227829.html
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 5:42 pm

After today, they are probably done with their kicker too.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Josh Gordon reportedly signing with the Patriots**. Stay tuned...

Edit: confirmed.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963530/article/browns-trade-josh-gordon-to-Patriots*-for-fifthrounder

Of all the teams, why would you trade with the cheaters? Are you telling me you couldn't get something equivalent to this from another team?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 2:52 am

And the Brownies win their first game of the season before us, leaving us in last place in the AFC North.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the entire Steelers organization.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 6:40 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
And the Brownies win their first game of the season before us, leaving us in last place in the AFC North.

It's time to unleash hell in September!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 am

The offense after Baker came in was a completely different unit.
They had confidence, they had passion, and they were making plays

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

i piece of Humble Pie anyone?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 3:45 pm

The rest of the AFC North is lucky that the Brown have Hue Jackson as coach, otherwise they would have been 3-0 right now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:36 pm

The days of gpodawund may be coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   The Browns Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Browns Thread
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next