Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Kenny Pickett fires back

Go down 
+9
Great Randino
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
LambertWardSteel
solardave
vasteeler
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 11:32 am

mojouw wrote:
KP seems to also be "throwing guys open" in limited preseason action way more than he did in his rookie season.

The most recent touchdown to PF was a throw that rookie KP tries to put up and over rather than to the shoulder on the hash mark side. Not explaining this well.

But the bottom line is that KP looks WAY more confident about being a QB. Seems like he is trusting himself more and Johnson's comments seem to echo that.

Exactly. As I alluded to in the game thread, I don't like shrugging off positive things as, "It's just preseason." Sure, we have to keep things in perspective, but positives are still positive, even in preseason games.

Oh, and welcome to SX, mojouw. Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

pczach and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 11:44 am

mojouw wrote:
KP seems to also be "throwing guys open" in limited preseason action way more than he did in his rookie season.

The most recent touchdown to PF was a throw that rookie KP tries to put up and over rather than to the shoulder on the hash mark side. Not explaining this well.

But the bottom line is that KP looks WAY more confident about being a QB. Seems like he is trusting himself more and Johnson's comments seem to echo that.

Great to see you here brother.

Clearly you can see the growth in Pickett. I'm seeing him go through progressions. I'm seeing him being more aggressive and throwing to all areas of the field. Kenny's footwork is better and that is part of the reason his accuracy is better and his arm strength appears to be improved. He is seeing the field much better. He has a much better grasp of the offense and is clearly understanding coverages much better and knows where to go with the ball. Watch the TD throw to Freiermuth, he moved the safety by looking right to create space to fit the throw in.

All these things are high-end quarterback play. I don't have a crystal ball to see how this is going to turn out and what his stats will look like, but it is clear that Kenny Pickett has elevated his game and has seriously improved in several aspects of his game.

I am excited about the direction of Kenny Pickett.

Wallace108, tube517 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 12:17 pm

mojouw wrote:

Welcome! Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 2276209185
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 7:48 am

wasn't that TD the same big play he made to muth last season ?
at the 1;38 mark

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 5:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
at the 1;38 mark

MOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I haven't been posting enough lately but I was talking to Bayz the other day and it sparked me to hop back on and then I heard about SU.

Nice to see you back on here man! Nice to see some familiar faces coming back around. I ultimately hope that SU doesn't end up going offline, but at the same time it is nice to see some people back posting on here again.

pczach likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:07 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
at the 1;38 mark

MOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I haven't been posting enough lately but I was talking to Bayz the other day and it sparked me to hop back on and then I heard about SU.

Nice to see you back on here man! Nice to see some familiar faces coming back around. I ultimately hope that SU doesn't end up going offline, but at the same time it is nice to see some people back posting on here again.
howdy amigo... Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 2276209185

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
at the 1;38 mark

MOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked  It's getting to be like the end of the Wizard of Oz....and you were there...and you...and you....

Wallace108, solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 7:36 am

Jerome Bettis believes Kenny can be a superstar. Bettis still looks like we could give him the ball 4th and goal from the 1 and get it.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/06/jerome-bettis-kenny-pickett-future/

Wallace108, vasteeler, pczach and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 10:24 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Jerome Bettis believes Kenny can be a superstar. Bettis still looks like we could give him the ball 4th and goal from the 1 and get it.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/06/jerome-bettis-kenny-pickett-future/

I sure hope Bus is correct. I see some of that in Pickett. He is clearly improving and he has a lot of the traits you want in your quarterback.

I believe he is going to be a very good QB.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 11:16 am

pczach wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

I sure hope Bus is correct. I see some of that in Pickett. He is clearly improving and he has a lot of the traits you want in your quarterback.

I believe he is going to be a very good QB.

Man, I hope so too. I think we have a pretty loaded team. If he doesn't suffer a sophomore slump, the sky is the limit.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

pczach and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 8:35 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
just asking because i have seen  a shit load of steeler fans acting like he had an amazing season for a rookie . personally Bens rookie season my thought were this guy has the "it" factor. but after watching Pickett, i find myself making excuses for him such as , well maybe Canada is an albatross around his neck. his receivers are subpar.
the truth is i don't think he will ever be an elite QB , i'm thinking he will top out as a very good game manager QB. an alex smith type of QB. A guy you can win with as long as he has the talent around him.

You're definitely right about Ben....I remember that feeling too. It felt like we finally had a top 3-5 QB again.You may be right about Kenny too. Time will tell. It would be nice to see him come out and make a really big year 2 jump and show he's capable of developing into more.  Ben had a lot of vets on offense to help him where Kenny has a lot of youth around him. If he is a game manager is it possible in today's NFL, in the AFC with all the big arms, to win a Super Bowl with a game manager QB and a top 5 or so D and running game?

i think he will make the year 2 jump. his improved supporting cast alone should give give him a boost. the real factor in his progression will be Canada. how much control Canada is willing to give him. kenny is limited physically. his success will have to come from between his ears not his arm. he's got the right demeanor. he doesnt get rattled or panics. i think thats what separates him from mitch and mason. by all accounts unlike Ben, he doesnt mind spending time in the film room.
i could be way off. i'm just going by what i saw last year. what i saw was a lot of safe sub 10 yard passes. most likely that was by Canada's design. it just wasn't enough variety to form an educated opinion of whats to be.  i consumed a bunch of pitt youtube clips from kenny's tenure , and he didnt strike me as a super conservative scared to go downfield QB. as i said before, you could see kennys steady evolution during his college tenure. thats important to me. guys like rudolf and trubisky are still basically the same players they were 5 years ago. still making the same mistakes with the same bad habits.

sure, i absolutely do think a game manager QB can win a SB. its a team sport with 3 different units. a team firing on all cylinders is unbeatable.

well this didnt age well. way to prove me a liar kenny. he looked like a scared rabbit. very mitch like performance. running out of the pocket before he needed to. forcing throws. terrible accuracy. they need to rethink their pre-season strategy in regards to starter playing time. these bums looked like a high school team on the first day of padded practices.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 1:38 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
just asking because i have seen  a shit load of steeler fans acting like he had an amazing season for a rookie . personally Bens rookie season my thought were this guy has the "it" factor. but after watching Pickett, i find myself making excuses for him such as , well maybe Canada is an albatross around his neck. his receivers are subpar.
the truth is i don't think he will ever be an elite QB , i'm thinking he will top out as a very good game manager QB. an alex smith type of QB. A guy you can win with as long as he has the talent around him.

You're definitely right about Ben....I remember that feeling too. It felt like we finally had a top 3-5 QB again.You may be right about Kenny too. Time will tell. It would be nice to see him come out and make a really big year 2 jump and show he's capable of developing into more.  Ben had a lot of vets on offense to help him where Kenny has a lot of youth around him. If he is a game manager is it possible in today's NFL, in the AFC with all the big arms, to win a Super Bowl with a game manager QB and a top 5 or so D and running game?

i think he will make the year 2 jump. his improved supporting cast alone should give give him a boost. the real factor in his progression will be Canada. how much control Canada is willing to give him. kenny is limited physically. his success will have to come from between his ears not his arm. he's got the right demeanor. he doesnt get rattled or panics. i think thats what separates him from mitch and mason. by all accounts unlike Ben, he doesnt mind spending time in the film room.
i could be way off. i'm just going by what i saw last year. what i saw was a lot of safe sub 10 yard passes. most likely that was by Canada's design. it just wasn't enough variety to form an educated opinion of whats to be.  i consumed a bunch of pitt youtube clips from kenny's tenure , and he didnt strike me as a super conservative scared to go downfield QB. as i said before, you could see kennys steady evolution during his college tenure. thats important to me. guys like rudolf and trubisky are still basically the same players they were 5 years ago. still making the same mistakes with the same bad habits.

sure, i absolutely do think a game manager QB can win a SB. its a team sport with 3 different units. a team firing on all cylinders is unbeatable.

well this didnt age well. way to prove me a liar kenny.  he looked like a scared rabbit. very mitch like performance. running out of the pocket before he needed to. forcing throws. terrible accuracy. they need to rethink their pre-season strategy in regards  to starter playing time. these bums looked like a high school team on the first day of padded practices.

I just wonder how much of Kenny's struggles are because of Matt Canada. His offense really isn't setting these guys up for success. There is a lack of execution as well but when you're being set up for failure in the first place that makes it more difficult overall.

I hope that they can figure things out, that the o-line starts to gel, and I do think if they can get some semblance of a running game going that would go a long way towards restoring KP's confidence.

I just wish they would've fired Canada following last season so KP would've had this past offseason and camp to learn a new offense under a more competent coordinator.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 9:30 am

"According to Sharp, when the Steelers are under center, they run the ball 90 percent of the time. When they are in shotgun, they pass over 80 percent of the time. That is an alarming rate."

"Sharp also explained that 60 percent of Kenny Pickett’s early down passes in the first three quarters this season are outside the numbers. That’s the fourth-highest rate in the NFL."

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-exposes-matt-canadas-offense/

Matt Canada simply is out of his league. He isn't giving anything for defenses to think about beyond his silly laughable trick plays that have ruined drives. He is not an NFL caliber OC it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 4:29 am

Kenny Pickett fires back...misses every target.

Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 1797695198

Seriously I think the one thing that can't be seen just looking at a player. His heart. I think from the little we've seen from KP leads me to believe he has that. What happened once the season started is anyone's guess. Mine is that there is a disconnect between him and Canada or a lack of confidence on both sides. One has to go and KP is not the one.
When the entire league knows by your alignment on offense what play you're going to run and they're still doing the same things expecting different results...well...that's the definition of Insanity.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Pickett fires back
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2