Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaylen Warren named starting RB Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jaylen Warren named starting RB

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Jaylen Warren named starting RB Empty
PostSubject: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Long overdue. Finally a smart decision from this team

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 pm

We are going to need both of them the next few months. Glad he is getting his shot at shining in the spot light.

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

LambertWardSteel and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 4:18 pm

I'm surprised honestly. Glad but surprised.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 5:28 pm

Very surprised on this too but it well deserved the way he's been playing.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:06 pm

Now watch Canada only call run plays to the left side against the Stains! Lol

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:11 pm

let this be a lesson about drafting a RB in the 1st round. especially a RB that probably couldnt even run a 4.6 forty. of course we'll never know what najee's 40 time is/was because he declined to run the 40 knowing it would hurt his draft stock. using a 1st on him was as dumb as buying a used car without giving it a test drive.
the speed or lack there of should have been enough of a red flag, but anyone that had any kind of sense should have been asking, why the fuck are they using a 1st on a RB when the Oline is fucking garbage ?

Jaylen Warren named starting RB Cart-before-horse-slice-scaled500

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:15 pm

Does anyone have an article on this?

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Does anyone have an article on this?

it came to him in a dream... Jaylen Warren named starting RB 2893009358
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Could have had Creed Humphry... sigh...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10097324-fantasy-alert-steelers-jaylen-warren-named-starting-rb-over-najee-harris.amp.html

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 7:06 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10097324-fantasy-alert-steelers-jaylen-warren-named-starting-rb-over-najee-harris.amp.html

yep..i was pimping creed hard on this very forum. i didn't give a fuck that the "experts" didnt have a 1st round grade on him. my philosophy is anyone who can come in and be a quality starter for a decade is worth a 1st round pick. so what did drafting najee accomplish ? they still need a center, and an undrafted RB is out playing him. Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1505004552

LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 7:34 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

yep..i was pimping creed hard on this very forum. i didn't give a fuck that the "experts" didnt have a 1st round grade on him. my philosophy is anyone who can come in and be a quality starter for a decade is worth a 1st round pick. so what did drafting najee accomplish ? they still need a center, and an undrafted RB is out playing him. Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1505004552

Said the same... Najee and Friermuth were stupid luxury picks and wouldn't be worth shit with no Oline to run block or protect the next new QB... well here we are a few years later...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 1:27 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Said the same... Najee and Friermuth were stupid luxury picks and wouldn't be worth shit with no Oline to run block or  protect the next new QB... well here we are a few years later...

i actually liked the muth pick. a TE was definitely needed. it's just unfortunate the steelers have never understood how to get the most out of a good TE. I mean there is no need to spend a top 3 pick on a blocking TE. i thought maybe after watching his defenses get shredded by TE's , tomlin might have gotten a clue on the value of a good receiving TE.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 3:47 am

This took wayyyyy too long. Warren has hands down been the more dynamic player overall. More effective in both rushing and receiving and better IMO at moving the chains. He provides a spark when he's on the field. Najee is not a bad player by any means, but he's not as dynamic as he should be for a guy of his draft pedigree.

Hopefully this isn't just some BS window dressing and we see Warren getting the bulk of the carries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 5:00 am

those same 16 carries najee had against the packers and turned in to 82 yards, warren probably would have gotten 110 yards.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 am

The one way to let him prove he's the better choice is to feed him the rock. I've spent the last several years thinking this is Najee's year and it hasn't happened. Good RBs know where to find the holes and great ones either find one or make their own.
Jaylen hits the hole and is fast enough to take it outside. Is he a great RB? That remains to be seen but him and Najee as a 1-2 punch is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am

Do we call him mini-bus. Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1797695198

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 9:22 am

Mach1 wrote:

Short Bus Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 10:02 am

Put a good Oline together you can take any RB in the NFL and they will get you 100+ a game. Steelers forgot that for some reason...

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 4:55 pm

2010 - 1st markice pouncy
2011 - 2nd marcus gilbert
2012 - 1st david decastro

this is what you need to do to build an offense line. the problem is the steelers wait to long to find suitable replacements for aging vets. pouncy was showing a drop off in play 3 years before his retirement. you cant replace pro bowlers like pouncy and decastro with 3rd and 4th round picks and expect the same level of performance you were accustomed to having. i'm not saying you cant find a gem in later rounds, i'm just saying you cant expect it. the odds of getting a plug and play starter for 10 years decreases with the round.

* fun fact.
james daniel was the 3rd center selected in the 2018 draft by the bears in the 2nd round pick #39.
mason cole was the 4th center selected in the 3rd round with comp pick #97

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 5:55 pm

solardave wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

Short Bus Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1797695198

Those are good or maybe Rudy

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 7:47 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

this is what you need to do to build an offense line. the problem is the steelers wait to long to find suitable replacements for aging vets. pouncy was showing a drop off in play 3 years before his retirement. you cant replace pro bowlers like pouncy and decastro with 3rd and 4th round picks and expect the same level of performance you were accustomed to having. i'm not saying you cant find a gem in later rounds, i'm just saying you cant expect it. the odds of getting a plug and play starter for 10 years decreases with the round.

* fun fact.
james daniel was the 3rd center selected in the 2018 draft by the bears in the 2nd round pick #39.

Should try Daniels at Center and bring in Herbig at RG. Cole has been garbage this year.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 11:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

* fun fact.

Should try Daniels at Center and bring in Herbig at RG. Cole has been garbage this year.

well for someone whom is proactively seeking a solution to inconsistencies that would be a logical thing to explore. but tomlin is neither proactive or logical in his decisions. he is reactive and he only tends to react when he feels he is at rock bottom. if the results of the 9 games had produced a 3-6 record instead of 6-3, then he might , and i stress might...explore options to rectify team deficiencies by exploring unit changes. tomlin isn't a try new shit and see what happens kind of guy until it is too late.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 12:02 am

I think we need both players, but maybe Warren should be getting more than the 9 carries he got today. Especially at the end of the game when we need 20 or so yards for a FG try to win, especially when Kenny isn't throwing with accuracy. The season stats so far:

Harris has: 128 carries, 499 yds, 3.9avg.

Warren is at: 80 carries, 493 yds, 6.2 avg.

Warren is 2nd on the team in receptions with 34. Harris is at 19.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 4:13 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

* fun fact.

You're right as usual but it's even worse because of the square peg round hole mentality that Tomlin brings to the table. Also piss poor talent evaluation of our #1 picks. I'm sure Art II is signing off with Omar and probably Colbert before him. Just like they're silently supporting Canada by NOT FIRING HIM.

Tomlin got here in 07.
Timmons
Mendenhall
Evander Hood Jaylen Warren named starting RB 2744185472
Pouncey
Cam
DeCastro
Jarvis Jones Jaylen Warren named starting RB 2744185472
Shazier
DuPree
Burns (fine example of a reach)
TJ Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1647293567
Edmunds (another reach but no where near as bad as Burns)actually became a reliable starter for us.
Bush
Minkah Jaylen Warren named starting RB 1647293567
Harris
KP

At least half of these picks are questionable. Factor in mediocre coaching and you have the team we are now watching.

Because Khan showed he can wheel and deal I think he should stay but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit after this miserable season ends if Tomlin on down goes. I defended Danny Smith but there seems to be a drop off on STs this year too. I don't understand kicking off dropping the ball inside the 5.Especially when we're facing a returner who is dangerous. Kick the damn thing into the endzone and let your defense do their job.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 10:58 am

Starting RB with 9 carries... hmm

vasteeler and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Warren named starting RB
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next