Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jaylen Warren named starting RB

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 am

Mach1 wrote:
I have a feeling this is one of those tomlin specials.
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 1549491426
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 1:40 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I don't see this as a Najee or Jaylen question.  I love being in a position of having 2 really good RBs. Remember the days of "run them until the wheels fall off"? And ultimately the wheels would fall off and we'd be without our talented RB late in the season. The Steelers have 2 guys in a rotation that should allow them to always have a fresh back on the field. Their very different running styles is a contributor to their success as well as it forces the defenders to have to play them differently each time the Steelers rotate backs.

I really agree with this thinking. I am a big Warren fan so want to see him played enough but there is nothing but good having 2 backs who can carry the team. Playing them on and off gives us a fresh set of legs in game and saves wear and tear for the season. Their different styles must be hard for defenses to adjust to. It also must be hard for defenses to go from a guy that's big enough to grab onto and tackle like Harris, then have to deal with a guy who is 5'8.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 1:47 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 405303310_10160009999565868_1665449918827954255_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c42490&_nc_ohc=MWg3JI1dtIMAX-bwySb&_nc_ht=scontent.fpit1-1

That's awesome having 2 of the top 5.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 7:38 pm

they finally used najee the way he should only be used. he is a one cut downhill runner and that is the only thing they should be asking him to do. i still think warren should be getting the bulk of the carries.

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2023 4:46 am

Between the play calling and the line looking alive last week it's great to have 2 backs that can get yardage but I agree JW should be getting the bulk of the carries. I'm not saying give up on Najee. He proved last week under the right conditions he can be a factor. The issue is with this line we don't know what we'll get week in and week out. It would be great if the last game was a turning point and we build on that.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2023 11:46 pm

running najee with the QB under center also seems to make a difference. when he is handed the ball from shotgun he spends to much time thinking about where he wants to go and tries to make moves he doesnt have the skill set to make ,as opposed to getting a running start towards the line and limiting the options for him. they need to keep throwing the ball from under center to keep the defenses honest.
i agree with solardave. najee and warren do compliment each other well. hopefully the coaching staff continues to realize that some plays in the book  are better suited for just warren.
i wonder if the new OC/play caller pointed out to tomlin how the Baker browns in the past shredded his defenses throwing out of 12 personnel in the middle of the field ?
they say the NFL is a copy cat league. it should be. why would you not do the things other teams are killing you with ? Friermuth has the talent to be as productive as the top TE's in the league, and if they would work washington into the passing game, they could do the things belicheck was dominating the league with using gronk and hernandez.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 1:58 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
running najee with the QB under center also seems to make a difference. when he is handed the ball from shotgun he spends to much time thinking about where he wants to go and tries to make moves  he doesnt have the skill set to make ,as opposed to getting a running start towards the line and limiting the options for him. they need to keep throwing the ball from under center to keep the defenses honest.
i agree with solardave. najee and warren do compliment each other well. hopefully the coaching staff continues to realize that some plays in the book  are better suited for just warren.
i wonder if the new OC/play caller pointed out to tomlin how the Baker browns in the past shredded his defenses throwing out of 12 personnel in the middle of the field ?
they say the NFL is a copy cat league. it should be. why would you not do the things other teams are killing you with ? Friermuth has the talent to be as productive as the top TE's in the league, and if they would work washington into the passing game, they could do the things belicheck was dominating the league with using gronk and hernandez.

Using Washington and Muth like Gronk and Hernandez would be a killer move for us.
Too soon? Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Warren named starting RB
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3