Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer

Go down 
+4
Mach1
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 4:39 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
I really liked Bouchette's articles and chats when he was with the Post Gazette. I think this would be a good idea but don't think it will ever happen.

I must be the biggest fool ever because before the past 4 games I really thought they had a chance to put a good run up of wins in their next 6 games. They're 1-3 into that and I don't see much hope against the Colts and Bengals. How does a 7-4 team lose to two 2-10 teams back to back at home in December? The Steelers Bengals game in 2 weeks is likely for last place in the division.
c'mon man..you watched those games. you know as well as i that those 7 wins could have VERY easily been 1 or 2 wins. they were freakin garbage wins. completely reliant on the other team to play even worse than they were. just like the other year when they started out with 11 W's. the opposition stopped beating themselves and the reality that they were actually a shitty team set in.

As I said, I had it figured wrong. I saw the 3 games with back ups, the 2 win Cards and Pats**. I thought we could get some wins, but it was wishful thinking. Starkey wrote an article after the Cardinals game saying people were so surprised at the loss. He made the point that the Steelers had some lucky wins, the Cards had some unlucky losses, and really if you figure that both teams were equal. So I get what you're saying about garbage wins.

There is a "trickle up" effect here and Rooney has to hold Tomlin more accountable on a lot of things including these hirings.  At some point the owner has to tighten his grip. I think Cowher had 7-8 coordinators become head coaches and Tomlin zero. These WRs causing trouble game after game needs to be dealt with. Maybe they should sit for a game or 2 so they can see what their stat lines look like then. Every coach has some games they should win and don't but it's become the norm with Tomlin. The 3 consecutive 40 point playoff losses would have had most coaches fired.

I just think it is time for a fresh start. If we get to that point with a 4x SB winning coach then certainly we can reach that point with Tomlin. I don't have a lot of faith in Rooney on a next hire and I really think a next hire is going to be political

i get it. i'm just a pessimist by nature.but haven't we seen this tomlin movie enough times to know how it ends ? the high's the last 5 years have been less than average of what you would expect from an actually good team. when a good team puts up 400+ yards but only manages to put 16 points up their fans are disappointed. but we steeler fans were jerkin off because we havent seen an offensive performance like that in a long time. its like after spending 20 years in prison even a 300 lb smelly gutter skank would look good enough fuck. kenny pickett has played equally as bad this year than most other teams backups would have. so playing teams with a backup QB at best puts them on equal footing , it doesnt give the steelers an advantage.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 4:44 am

The truth is by anyone else's "standard" Tomlin is a mediocre coach. From the outside fans of other teams probably look at us as unrealistic but after 6 SB wins that really should have been 8. If Brister had started against the Cowboys I think we win and the one against GB could have easily gone our way.
But hey...he's never had a losing season so he gets a perpetual pass.
Right now I see him as the NFL equivalent of Obama care. "If you like your old coach you can keep him."
If you don't like him that's OK too because we know best and he's staying put.

vasteeler and Mach1 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 1:57 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
I really liked Bouchette's articles and chats when he was with the Post Gazette. I think this would be a good idea but don't think it will ever happen.

I must be the biggest fool ever because before the past 4 games I really thought they had a chance to put a good run up of wins in their next 6 games. They're 1-3 into that and I don't see much hope against the Colts and Bengals. How does a 7-4 team lose to two 2-10 teams back to back at home in December? The Steelers Bengals game in 2 weeks is likely for last place in the division.
c'mon man..you watched those games. you know as well as i that those 7 wins could have VERY easily been 1 or 2 wins. they were freakin garbage wins. completely reliant on the other team to play even worse than they were. just like the other year when they started out with 11 W's. the opposition stopped beating themselves and the reality that they were actually a shitty team set in.

As I said, I had it figured wrong. I saw the 3 games with back ups, the 2 win Cards and Pats***. I thought we could get some wins, but it was wishful thinking. Starkey wrote an article after the Cardinals game saying people were so surprised at the loss. He made the point that the Steelers had some lucky wins, the Cards had some unlucky losses, and really if you figure that both teams were equal. So I get what you're saying about garbage wins.

There is a "trickle up" effect here and Rooney has to hold Tomlin more accountable on a lot of things including these hirings.  At some point the owner has to tighten his grip. I think Cowher had 7-8 coordinators become head coaches and Tomlin zero. These WRs causing trouble game after game needs to be dealt with. Maybe they should sit for a game or 2 so they can see what their stat lines look like then. Every coach has some games they should win and don't but it's become the norm with Tomlin. The 3 consecutive 40 point playoff losses would have had most coaches fired.

I just think it is time for a fresh start. If we get to that point with a 4x SB winning coach then certainly we can reach that point with Tomlin. I don't have a lot of faith in Rooney on a next hire and I really think a next hire is going to be political

i get it. i'm just a pessimist by nature.but haven't we seen this tomlin movie enough times to know how it ends ? the high's the last 5 years have been less than average of what you would expect from an actually good team. when a good team puts up 400+ yards but only manages to put 16 points up their fans are disappointed. but we steeler fans were jerkin off  because we havent seen an offensive performance like that in a long time. its like after spending 20 years in prison even a 300 lb smelly gutter skank would look good enough fuck. kenny pickett has played equally as bad this year than most other teams  backups would have. so playing  teams with a backup QB at best puts them on equal footing , it doesnt give the steelers an advantage.  

I see your point about it being the same old thing under this coaching staff, but I'm really hoping (grasping) for some glimmer of hope. You made the point a couple weeks ago that Pickett and Tomlin will really be under the microscope after Canada was fired. I think that's really starting to be the case with Tomlin....everywhere but in the national media anyhow. Pickett is sort of off the radar at the moment although we know what he is. That experiment likely goes another year or 2. I'm not so sure we're even on equal footing playing Cleveland and Cincy's back ups the way they played last week. 40-year-old Flacco came off the couch last week and put up a better game than Pickett has had all season. Browning looked like Joe Burrow on Monday.

Losing to NE and Arizona the last 2 weeks was historical. From an article by Ray Fittipaldo at Post Gazette

Quote :
NFL Network reported Friday morning the Steelers are the first team with a winning record to lose back-to-back games to opponents that were eight games under .500. The NFL came into existence in 1920, and it’s hard to imagine another team doing the same in the next 100 years.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2023/12/09/mike-tomlin-art-rooney-najee-harris-cam-heyward/stories/202312040138

Maybe that 300 lb gutter skank can play OL for us  Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 2981382511

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 12:47 am

Keeping Tomlin isn't going to fix anything, it will be more of the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 2:27 am

the NFL is just a reflection of society. parents no longer discipline their kids. instilling morals and values is becoming a rarity. work ethic ? forget it. the problem ? WOMEN. too many single women raising boys.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 2:47 am

Mach1 wrote:

The last statement Ben made there says a lot. People aren't afraid to play the Steelers anymore.
And typical Troy trying to let us down easy by saying they've kinda gotten away from it. Most of us know IT has been gone pretty much since Troy and Hines left.
Other than Cam, TJ,Minkah and Alex I think the defense is pure chaos.
But at the end of the day this ALL falls on Mike Tomlin and I think if we lose all or most of our remaining 4 games his stock will fall even with the ones desperately trying to prop him up.

Mach1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 4:26 am

solardave wrote:
Mach1 wrote:

The last statement Ben made there says a lot. People aren't afraid to play the Steelers anymore.
And typical Troy trying to let us down easy by saying they've kinda gotten away from it. Most of us know IT has been gone pretty much since Troy and Hines left.
Other than Cam, TJ,Minkah and  Alex  I think the defense is pure chaos.
But at the end of the day this ALL falls on Mike Tomlin and I think if we lose all or most of our remaining 4 games his stock will fall even with the ones desperately trying to prop him up.

Keeanu Benton en JPJ are both enjoying a really good rookie campaign so I believe chances are high that they become longterm quality starters for our D.
If there's one positive change in the organisation it's moving on from Colbert to Khan. Our draft looks pretty good so far with Broderick Jones, JPJ and Benton all looking like the real deal and Herbig already being a good back-up. The one player that needs to step up his game is Washington. I think he could be good but he needs to be far more consistent than he's shown so far.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 11:27 am

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 410570044_387540706963926_8829750744117046026_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s1080x2048&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dd5e9f&_nc_ohc=MiauzH01nBQAX_1S_k6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 12:05 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 410570044_387540706963926_8829750744117046026_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s1080x2048&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dd5e9f&_nc_ohc=MiauzH01nBQAX_1S_k6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

But but but he has never had a losing season!Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 3562723908

He is staying put. Even if they lose these last 4 games he isn't going anywhere.

Since he is staying he needs to clean house. Austin needs to go. They need to get people that have proven they can run successful offenses and defenses at the NFL level. Stop going or being cheap on your small coaching staff...

vasteeler, solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 10:58 pm

we''l find out in the next few months. the steelers always extend the coaches contracts. tomlin has 1 year left on his current deal . if they dont extend extend him i'm guessing 2024 would be his last.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 1:18 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
we''l find out in the next few months. the steelers always extend the coaches contracts. tomlin has 1 year left on his current deal . if they dont extend extend him i'm guessing 2024 would be his last.

I read somewhere, can't remember where. That an extension was almost a done deal.  Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 1f626

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 5:32 am

I read this on another forum and I largely agree with his opinion on the matter:

Quote :
Oddly enough, I personally don't care if we get rid of Tomlin anytime soon. I believe he is an issue, and even a major issue, but the biggest issue with this team is one we can't easily get rid of.  

That issues name is Art II.

I don't trust his ability to find someone better than Tomlin.

This is what I fear the most. Even if we finally get rid off Tomlin I don't believe we will get better as long as Art II is calling the shots. I only can hope that it won't take a decade until he's replaced and that his successor will do a better job.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:46 am

Maybe Kahn should hire the next HC.

vasteeler and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 5:52 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I read this on another forum and I largely agree with his opinion on the matter:

Quote :
Oddly enough, I personally don't care if we get rid of Tomlin anytime soon. I believe he is an issue, and even a major issue, but the biggest issue with this team is one we can't easily get rid of.  

This is what I fear the most. Even if we finally get rid off Tomlin I don't believe we will get better as long as Art II is calling the shots. I only can hope that it won't take a decade until he's replaced and that his successor will do a better job.

the Rooney's are card carrying democrats. perhaps he will bring in some representation from the LGBTQ community. Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 6:27 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Quote :

the Rooney's are card carrying democrats. perhaps he will bring in some representation from the LGBTQ community.  Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 1401235891

I think it's very possible politics come into hiring.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 11:23 pm

Mach1 wrote:

You hear about the 3 playoff wins the past 13 years, but never really look at it from this perspective. I mean we've all lived thru this, but 4 seasons winning a playoff game out of 16 and soon to be 17 is incredible.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 1:34 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Quote :

the Rooney's are card carrying democrats. perhaps he will bring in some representation from the LGBTQ community.  Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 1401235891

Damn Mop you gonna go there... Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 1797695198 Our next HC could be a he-she. We'll call this one the LOONEY RULE. Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 3562723908

Master_Of_Puppets and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 2:35 am

I'm so sick of the Tomlin apologists at this point. What's it going to take to finally say enough is enough or to put some kind of blame on the guy? I mean I defended him in the past but this team is on a downward spiral and unless something drastically changes I don't see this team finishing with a winning record after they just lost back-to-back outings against horrible teams.

I've heard a lot of fans referring to Tomlin as "Teflon Tomlin" and honestly that's perfect because it seems like nothing sticks to this guy. The blame always seems to fall elsewhere somehow.

I know full well hiring a new coach is a huge risk, and maybe we'd get even worse, but man this team needs a change of scenery. I'm sick of barely above .500 seasons and minimal playoff success. I think Ben said it best when he said that the Steeler Way seems to be dying off. The Tomlin apologists and Ben Bashers don't like it, but that's the cold hard truth.

Mach1 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:57 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm so sick of the Tomlin apologists at this point. What's it going to take to finally say enough is enough or to put some kind of blame on the guy? I mean I defended him in the past but this team is on a downward spiral and unless something drastically changes I don't see this team finishing with a winning record after they just lost back-to-back outings against horrible teams.

I've heard a lot of fans referring to Tomlin as "Teflon Tomlin" and honestly that's perfect because it seems like nothing sticks to this guy. The blame always seems to fall elsewhere somehow.

I know full well hiring a new coach is a huge risk, and maybe we'd get even worse, but man this team needs a change of scenery. I'm sick of barely above .500 seasons and minimal playoff success. I think Ben said it best when he said that the Steeler Way seems to be dying off. The Tomlin apologists and Ben Bashers don't like it, but that's the cold hard truth.
so whats the huge risk ? having long playoff win droughts ? getting a coach who cant control his players ? a revolving door of assistant coaches ? i heard there is some teams who lose their assistant coaches , not because they suck, but because they do such a good job, other teams give them job offers. Shocked
i would be perfectly ok with having the occasional losing season as long as there is seasons in between of feeling like we might have a superbowl contender.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 4:30 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

so whats the huge risk ? having long playoff win droughts ? getting a coach who cant control his players ? a revolving door of assistant coaches ? i heard there is some teams who lose their assistant coaches , not because they suck, but because they do such a good job, other teams give them job offers. Shocked
i would be perfectly ok with having the occasional losing season as long as there is seasons in between of feeling like we might have a superbowl contender.

A good point MoP. You're right.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 9:25 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

There are risks with everything but the team desperately needs a fresh start. I hear you on the apologists. I come across clients who will talk Steelers with me and their big defense are: who will we get, and Tomlin will have another job in 1 hour. I don't get the who will they get argument. It's not like the Steelers run out and hire other teams fired coaches. They haven't even been hiring coordinators. As far as him getting another job. He likely will and the results will very likely be similar to what he's doing now except he probably isn't going to get a 3 playoff wins in 13 year window or be considered successful for 8-8 or 9-8 seasons.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 12:00 pm

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 410508425_358064090139802_4507948072536992075_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c42490&_nc_ohc=AcxbXOAckocAX--4IJc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:32 pm

This team doesn't deserve to even get a whiff of the playoffs. It has been consistent at 1 thing all year and that is CONSISTENTLY BAD. It's hard to watch football all the way around.

The defense will occasionally make a splash play but everywhere else has be God awful to watch.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:45 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

There are risks with everything but the team desperately needs a fresh start. I hear you on the apologists. I come across clients who will talk Steelers with me and their big defense are: who will we get, and Tomlin will have another job in 1 hour. I don't get the who will they get argument. It's not like the Steelers run out and hire other teams fired coaches. They haven't even been hiring coordinators. As far as him getting another job. He likely will and the results will very likely be similar to what he's doing now except he probably isn't going to get a 3 playoff wins in 13 year window or be considered successful for 8-8 or 9-8 seasons.
oh you're a psychiatrist ? ask your patients if they knew who mike tomlin or bill cowher was BEFORE the steelers hired them.
i bet the charger fans aren't having a nervous break down over their coach getting shit canned. they are just tired of seeing their teams under achieve every season.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 10:47 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

oh you're a psychiatrist ?  ask your patients if they knew who mike tomlin or bill cowher was BEFORE the steelers hired them.
i bet the charger fans aren't having a nervous break down over their coach getting shit canned. they are just tired of seeing their teams under achieve every season.

lol I probably should be the way things are going but I'm a veterinarian. I have the Terrible Towell that I had at the 08 AFC CG framed on my office wall. This gets a lot of comments from Steelers fans (once in a while from Ravens fans too)  Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 2981382511 To your comment, though, that's the point I try to make when I hear "who are they going to hire" from anyone.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next