Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger hurting after big hit

Go down 
+4
stlrtruck
kirklandrules
Crash
Wallace108
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Crash

Crash

Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:10 am

You also labeled Ben a "Game Manager" based on the number of pass attempts in regular season.  

To that I responded with this:  

He also missed four regular season games (MY guess is you didn't look at that number thus not putting Ben's attempts in their correct context).  

In 16 total games that season?  Here are Ben's numbers, in his 2nd year in the league, and won a ring:

226 of 361 (62% ) for 3188 yards (8.3 YPA) for 24 TDS 12 INTS, 99.3 QB rating 5 rush tds = 29 total TDs

To compare here are 2001 Tom Brady's numbers in 18 total games, also his 2nd year in the league, and won a ring:

324 of 510 (63%) for 3415 yards (6.9 YPA) for 19 TDS 13 INTS, 84.7 QB rating 1 rush td = 20 total TDs

Ben is almost a yard and a half better in YPA, 15 points better in QB rating, and has 9 more total TDs despite playing in two less games.

I did Brady a favor by comparing their whole seasons, if I did it just by post season it wouldn't even be close.

Just who was the game manager of the two?

Why are you ignoring debate?  If anyone is being negative here, it's YOU.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:21 am

mrcrash wrote:
I'm discussing this football team.  

Didn't you call me a "dick"?

Is that allowed?  

You started with the personal attacks, and I responded. Technically, you could have been banned by now. From the Code of Conduct:

Quote :
To ensure a fun environment for everyone, please adhere to the following rules:

2. Do not personally attack other members. Attack an argument, not the poster.

What we're striving for here at Steelers Xtreme is to have a fun place to hang out and talk about the Black and Gold, as well as our other interests. It's OK to disagree and debate, but please do so respectfully. Remember, your chances of changing someone's mind on an Internet message board are slim. So have fun with debates, but don't take them too seriously. And keep in mind ... everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Violation of any of the above rules will result in a warning or ban.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t12-steelers-xtreme-code-of-conduct-please-read

In three years we've never had to ban anyone other than spammers. I have no desire to make you the first. You read my PM. I made you an offer. The ball is in your court. I'm not going to discuss anything football related with you until you agree to the terms I mentioned in the PM.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:23 am

OK....I agree.

Now answer my questions.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:25 am

Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1664291743

I wish I could hate you, but there's something about you I like. PLEASE don't make me have to ban you. I'm begging you.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 am

Wallace108 wrote:
mrcrash wrote:
All he's done, is limit his chances to throw

The most passes Ben attempted in one season under Arians is 513 in 2011. Last year, Ben attempted 584 passes. Yeah, it sucks that Haley won't let Ben throw the ball. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1401235891

Aren't those stats without putting them in their proper context?

Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1401235891

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:33 am

mrcrash wrote:
OK....I agree.  

Now answer my questions.

I have a shit memory. I forget the questions. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:37 am

At least you're honest.

Better than trying to bullshit your way through it. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 2672159185
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:01 am

mrcrash wrote:
At least you're honest.

Better than trying to bullshit your way through it. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 2672159185

Dude, you and I can get along just fine if you honestly want to be a part of our community. I meant what I said in the PM. You're a smart guy and can offer a lot to this board. If I can get you to drop the constant negativity, you'd be a huge asset to this community. I have no problem with criticizing any aspect of the team. Hell, me and Drizz argue about Ike Taylor all the time. Drizz HATES Ike. We've had some really good discussions (and I was right, of course Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 3798349058). I believe that as fans, we have the right to criticize when it's warranted. I've been a member of boards where any criticism of the team is squashed, and I didn't like it. Personally, I don't believe in being a mindless homer (no offense to those who are ... there's no "right" way to be a fan). But constant negativity grows tiresome.

As for answering your questions, I'll answer them after you respond to my Colts post and/or the 2011/2012 offense comparison post in the Haley thread. My posts came first. So, technically, you ignored me first. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1797695198 And I've had way too many beers tonight for rational thought.

And do me a favor ... read my PM one more time and think about what I said. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 230572241

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 am

Have we gotten any update on if BR7 is still hurting?

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 am

Full participant in practice all week.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 pm

mrcrash wrote:

Thank you Crash.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:51 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Thank you Crash.

Holy shit! This'll be a rare statement. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1664291743

Yep, i'm drunk, getting off here. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1378315869

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:58 pm

bayz101 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Thank you Crash.

Holy shit! This'll be a rare statement. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1664291743

Yep, i'm drunk, getting off here. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1378315869

Join you in a few!!! Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 230572241

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
mrcrash wrote:

Thank you Crash.

Join you in a few!!! Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 230572241

Woke up this way --- long night. I'll join ya for round two, though. Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 1797695198 Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 230572241

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Same here. I had 2 weddings this weekend.... YOWZA

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey, wait, did I accidentally stumble into Night Owls? Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 3798349058

Where's my beer?

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Cheers!

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger hurting after big hit   Roethlisberger hurting after big hit - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger hurting after big hit
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4