Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome Senquez Golson

Go down 
+41
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
pczach
Lokki
Chaotic Zen
SteelersYak
steelcityboyz
teegre
HeinzMustard
Steeler-in-west
vasteeler
DesertSteel
SteelerSpartan
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelstoned1972
fer69
Rick5895
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
Galax Steeler
IowaSteeler927
lvsteelersfan
ebsteelersSF
Hawaii 5-0
Master_Of_Puppets
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
TJ22
kan_t
BlackAndGold
ETL
Steeler Zach
tony hipchest
lipps83
SoCalFan
Pappy
Buddha Bus
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
effyou515
Wallace108
Vis
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:06 am

Can't wait to see what this kid can do.

Everyone is just a prospect until game 1.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Golson will NOT be covering Green or Megatron, 6'1" Cortez Allen will be.

Many people think Allen is trash, but he rarely got burned; more often than not he was stride for stride and showed very good coverage skills with receivers, his problem was not locating and making plays on the ball. He gave up too many catches, despite his excellent coverage.

I believe Cortez will get his game back and be that #1 corner, assigned to cover those tall receivers. Golson and Gay will be the #2 or nickle coverage guys.

Golson will be a player and people will quickly forget all about how tall he is.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 1:39 pm

everyone will forget his height/weight the first time he intercepts a ball next season (which will be the first time a steeler intercepts the ball next season).

. .
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:17 pm

At 1:43 he denies Coates. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 1797695198

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:18 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
He sounds as athletic as bruce Jenner.

Maybe he can play in 5" heels...

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Walker-heels-hollowtreeventures
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Lokki wrote:
At 1:43 he denies Coates.  Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 1797695198

And at 5:34 Coates scores on him.  Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 1378315869

Check out 5:48. Although Coates makes the catch, look how high Golson gets on his leap. He's higher than Coates and actually makes a great play on the ball (just a good catch by Coates).
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:54 am

Teresa Varley ‏@Teresa_Varley May 2 -

Good to have @sammiecoates11 & @Quez_G here today. Welcome aboard. #Steelers

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 CECCr3UVEAAFoqT
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:03 am

Damn! Sammie Coates looks like he could take Jarvis Jones job.

Nice of him to bring along his little brother, urkel goldmember.

. .
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 7:39 am

It would be nice to have Bryant and Coates as book ends in the corners of the end zone and Jesse James running the middle..

Coates definitely makes Golson look tiny.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 7:45 am

Coates is a physical specimen. He's got the build, and the speed. I hope he can put it all together with some good coaching. I sincerely hope he doesn't turn out to be a Sweed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:26 am

Coates has swagger, Golson looks like a grandpa.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:48 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Coates is a physical specimen. He's got the build, and the speed. I hope he can put it all together with some good coaching. I sincerely hope he doesn't turn out to be a Sweed.

Coates looks built like fitzgerald, dudes a beast

about golson, i remember another 2nd round pick everyone was saying was a reach when picked, and now nobody's complaining (le'veon bell) Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 184121345
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:04 pm

SteelersYak wrote:

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 1549491426

Actually, I thought Golson looks like the winner of the 13 year old Punt, Pass, Kick competition. He chose to meet Coates.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:06 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Actually, I thought Golson looks like the winner of the 13 year old Punt, Pass, Kick competition. He chose to meet Coates.
Hahaha he does. No disrespect to Golson, I like the guy and I think he's going to be a good player for us. They both seem like nice kids. SI had a wonderful feature on Sammie recently. I wouldn't be surprised if Coates ends up being a big part of our offense going forward. He's got the capability.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:43 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Hahaha he does. No disrespect to Golson, I like the guy and I think he's going to be a good player for us.

Yes, I agree, he's a cool guy. I think people don't realize he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. He's got a lot of spunk that I wish every Steelers player had.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 3:28 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Hahaha he does. No disrespect to Golson, I like the guy and I think he's going to be a good player for us.

Yes, I agree, he's a cool guy. I think people don't realize he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. He's got a lot of spunk that I wish every Steelers player had.
Yeah I got that impression too from the videos. He's short but he plays big. I call dibs on nicknaming him Little Big Man if he ends up being a stud.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Steelers Rookie Camp Notes: Golson plays ball, football

Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015
By Chris Bradford

* Cornerback Senquez Golson was a baseball player. Operative word: Was. The Steelers' second-round pick was adamant about it, saying "football is my passion" and that he's "done with baseball." As an 18-year-old Golson turned down a $1.35 million signing bonus with the Boston Red Sox. When the Steelers do get around to signing Golson, don't worry, he says, there won't be any stipulation in his NFL contract preventing him from returning to his first love.

"That's something they won't have to worry about," he says. Also not a concern, Golson says, is his height. The 5-foot-8½ defensive back has been used to answering questions about how he'll stack up against the NFL's taller receivers since he was at Ole Miss. The knocks on his size doesn't motivate but Golson says he's aware of it.

"It makes me ready for when I do play the bigger receivers, that I show what I can do," said Golson, who was used primarily in the nickel.

to read rest of article:

http://burgh.us/sie
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:33 am

Golson: 'I'm not intimidated at all'

by Kirk Larrabee

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 6_3594992

Pittsburgh Steelers second-round draft pick Senquez Golson got his first taste of NFL practice on Friday during the Steelers' first day of rookie mini-camp.

Golson is expected to face a challenge going up against the bigger receivers in the NFL given his height (5-9), but he says he's not intimidated by what's ahead.

"I'm not intimidated at all," Golson said. "I'm just here to play football and give it everything that I've got. Everybody's been talking about my height ever since college. It's nothing new to me. I'm just coming out here to do the best that I can do."

Golson hears the talk about his height, but it doesn't give him much extra motivation.

"I wouldn't necessarily say it motivates me," Golson said. "It just makes me get ready for when I do play the bigger receivers to show what I can do."

Golson says with work, he'll be able to rise to the challenge of the NFL.

"I just have to get in the weight room, get better with my techniques, get better at playing bigger receivers," Golson said. "With the help of (defensive backs coach Carnell Lake), I think I can get it done."

Golson comes to the Steelers with experience playing against the bigger receivers of the SEC while at Ole Miss, something that will help him as he adjusts to the NFL.

"I've played against a lot of 6-4 receivers, 6-5 receivers, so I have a lot of experience," Golson said. "I'm just trying to perfect it."

One of those receivers is Steelers third round draft pick Sammie Coates out of Auburn, who Golson had his share of on-field battles with.

"Great receiver," Golson said of Coates. "Deep ball threat. He can big boy you if you let him. I'm glad he's here with us."

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Golson-Im-not-intimidated-at-all-37186026
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:59 am

I hope martavis Bryant don't lose confidence getting shut down by Cinqo de Golson every day in practice.

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:06 am

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 10507628
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:09 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Thats a great picture.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:54 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Thats a great picture.

Love the pic, it shows Golson going up on a tall receiver (and new team mate). After watching some tape on this kid we really may have found a defensive play maker. I really hope this translates over to similar success in the NFL, Golson has the hands of a WR and reminds me of a more athletically gifted Antwan Blake . After Maxx Williams got scooped up, this was a great choice and I hope the ravens got a bust in Williams and let us take this ball hawk, then get that giant TE Jesse James in round 5 anyways. This could work out very well for our Steelers.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:55 am

I'm really excited about this pick
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:40 am

Golson: 'I could play football every day'

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Golson_05082015_Article_2

CB Senquez Golson has a true passion for playing football.

Coming out of high school, Senquez Golson took a gamble. He was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the eighth round of the Major League Baseball Draft and offered over a $1 million signing bonus. What would most high school students do with that kind of money in front of them? They would likely jump at the offer. What did Golson do? He said no thank you.

Instead of heading off to the minors to work on his craft, with the potential of one day playing at Fenway Park, he went to Ole Miss to still pursue baseball, but other dreams as well.

It paid off. Golson, a cornerback at Ole Miss, was drafted by the Steelers in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

“I took a million dollar gamble to go to school, play football, play baseball and get an education,” said Golson. “It was not about the money, but to go in the second round and be selected by the Steelers, it’s a blessing, doing what I love to do. I took a gamble and came out with something extra.

“I have never regretted turning down that money. I wanted to play football. This is what I love to do. Football is what I love to do.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Golson-I-could-play-football-every-day/bd12dc26-790a-45d4-af02-c104e52f0e86
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:04 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Golson: 'I could play football every day'

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Golson_05082015_Article_2

CB Senquez Golson has a true passion for playing football.

Coming out of high school, Senquez Golson took a gamble. He was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the eighth round of the Major League Baseball Draft and offered over a $1 million signing bonus. What would most high school students do with that kind of money in front of them? They would likely jump at the offer. What did Golson do? He said no thank you.

Instead of heading off to the minors to work on his craft, with the potential of one day playing at Fenway Park, he went to Ole Miss to still pursue baseball, but other dreams as well.

It paid off. Golson, a cornerback at Ole Miss, was drafted by the Steelers in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

“I took a million dollar gamble to go to school, play football, play baseball and get an education,” said Golson. “It was not about the money, but to go in the second round and be selected by the Steelers, it’s a blessing, doing what I love to do. I took a gamble and came out with something extra.

“I have never regretted turning down that money. I wanted to play football. This is what I love to do. Football is what I love to do.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Golson-I-could-play-football-every-day/bd12dc26-790a-45d4-af02-c104e52f0e86

Aw man, who gave this guy Willie Williams number? Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 312503953 like what he's saying, motivation is 95%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Senquez Golson
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next