Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome Senquez Golson

Go down 
+41
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
pczach
Lokki
Chaotic Zen
SteelersYak
steelcityboyz
teegre
HeinzMustard
Steeler-in-west
vasteeler
DesertSteel
SteelerSpartan
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelstoned1972
fer69
Rick5895
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
Galax Steeler
IowaSteeler927
lvsteelersfan
ebsteelersSF
Hawaii 5-0
Master_Of_Puppets
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
TJ22
kan_t
BlackAndGold
ETL
Steeler Zach
tony hipchest
lipps83
SoCalFan
Pappy
Buddha Bus
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
effyou515
Wallace108
Vis
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:26 am

blounts number too

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:47 am

He displays incredible ball skills and ball awareness, traits our secondary have been lacking in (except for Troy).

Back to top Go down
lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:51 am

Damn, the more I see and hear of this kid the more I root for him.

I give this pick two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:05 pm

lipps83 wrote:
Damn, the more I see and hear of this kid the more I root for him.

I give this pick two thumbs up.

me too...

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Th?id=JN.fbRJpAlqlntHyuUGD80egg&pid=15
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:17 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Golson: 'I could play football every day'

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Golson_05082015_Article_2

CB Senquez Golson has a true passion for playing football.

Coming out of high school, Senquez Golson took a gamble. He was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the eighth round of the Major League Baseball Draft and offered over a $1 million signing bonus. What would most high school students do with that kind of money in front of them? They would likely jump at the offer. What did Golson do? He said no thank you.

Instead of heading off to the minors to work on his craft, with the potential of one day playing at Fenway Park, he went to Ole Miss to still pursue baseball, but other dreams as well.

It paid off. Golson, a cornerback at Ole Miss, was drafted by the Steelers in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft.

“I took a million dollar gamble to go to school, play football, play baseball and get an education,” said Golson. “It was not about the money, but to go in the second round and be selected by the Steelers, it’s a blessing, doing what I love to do. I took a gamble and came out with something extra.

“I have never regretted turning down that money. I wanted to play football. This is what I love to do. Football is what I love to do.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Golson-I-could-play-football-every-day/bd12dc26-790a-45d4-af02-c104e52f0e86
I'm a Yankees fan so I like him more and more. He makes the correct decision of turning down the Sox. Great job.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 6:37 am

ImperialFan wrote:
blounts number too

Not quite. Mel was 47.

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Blount_Mel_5_630
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:31 pm

I was saying Golson and Blount have the same number , 27. Anyways with all his back and forth I am really excited to see how this pick works out for us. Golson is definitely the most controversial pick of the draft for the steelers, and right up there with some of the most controversial in the league. Its a tough call I do really like his heart and ball skills.

A lot of it comes down to the fact that The Steelers were going to draft Maxx Williams in rd two, so it doesnt seem like they planned on drafting him in the second round in the first place and had plans of going after him in the third round, which makes some people think they he would have still been there in the 3rd round.

I understand the pick, especially after we picked up holliman, it clear we are trying to increase our forced turnovers which could make  world of difference.

I smell a superbowl within 3 years.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:53 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I was saying Golson and Blount have the same number , 27. Anyways....

Yeah, but they don't, therefore you are WRONG. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 1401235891

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:31 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
blounts number too

you mean LeGarrette's #?

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 LeGarrette+Blount+Houston+Texans+v+Pittsburgh+j8J3vwWCeDKl
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:26 am

lol... I completely forgot about that turd.

Actually, I've erases any memory of that patriot piece of shit ever being s Steelers from my memory bank ( much like any backstreet boys or Justin beiber song I may have accidentally heard)

. .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:34 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Actually, I've erases any memory of that patriot piece of shit ever being s Steelers from my memory bank ( much like any backstreet boys or Justin beiber song I may have accidentally heard)

Are you saying that Blount didn't have the right stuff? Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 2981382511

And yes, I'm disappointed in myself for knowing that reference. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 3201610882

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:39 am

ImperialFan wrote:
I was saying Golson and Blount have the same number , 27. Anyways with all his back and forth I am really excited to see how this pick works out for us. Golson is definitely the most controversial pick of the draft for the steelers, and right up there with some of the most controversial in the league. Its a tough call I do really like his heart and ball skills.

A lot of it comes down to the fact that The Steelers were going to draft Maxx Williams in rd two, so it doesnt seem like they planned on drafting him in the second round in the first place and had plans of going after him in the third round, which makes some people think they he would have still been there in the 3rd round.

I understand the pick, especially after we picked up holliman, it clear we are trying to increase our forced turnovers which could make  world of difference.

I know. I'm busting your balls! Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 2573146105

I don't acknowledge #27 Blount ever existed. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:32 am

pczach wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I know. I'm busting your balls! Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 2573146105

I don't acknowledge #27 Blount ever existed.  Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 1797695198

Yeah, screw him. He acts like a child then wins a superbowl ring with the stupid Patriots*. They are some shady dudes.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie CB Senquez Golson catching up from 4th-team defense

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 17939840-mmmain

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Senquez Golson (27) participates in an NFL football organized team activity, OTA, Tuesday, May 26, 2015 in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic) (Keith Srakocic)

By Jacob Klinger
on May 28, 2015

PITTSBURGH -- For three weeks Senquez Golson has been in Pittsburgh, but it's taken until Day 3 of organized team activities (OTAs) for him to get up to speed.

"Things was a little fast for me at first, you know, Day 3, everything's starting to slow down for me," Golson said.

While it does, Golson said he's working with the fourth-string defense. He's trying to get as many reps as he can and studies the players ahead of him for the chances he does get. Though he's found first-team practice time hard to come by, Golson said he did record an especially fast 10-yard time in a drill with some of his teammates...

to read rest of article:

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/05/pittsburgh_steelers_rookie_cb_senquez_go.html#incart_story_package
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:38 pm

steelerfans already hate willie gay and cortez allen.

might as well throw senquez in with the 1st team defense so fans can get up to speed with hating him too.

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:10 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
steelerfans already hate willie gay and cortez allen.

might as well throw senquez in with the 1st team defense so fans can get up to speed with hating him too.

Nah, the untested rookie draft pick is always the most popular with fans. Until its 8 games into the season and he hasn't started yet......then he is a bust!!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Golson continuing to progress

By Mike Prisuta

Rookie cornerback Senquez Golson is taking advantage of all of the opportunities he gets during OTAs.

The No. 2 pick from Mississippi has been eased into action during the early going at OTAs, but Senquez Golson hasn’t been inconspicuous.

“Mainly a little second-team nickel, third-team corner and nickel,” Golson reported regarding how he’s been deployed during his first professional practices. “It just depends on the rotation they have out there.”

That hasn’t prevented the 5-foot-9 cornerback from being noticed.

Veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, for example, was aware of when he had completed a pass at Golson’s expense last week.

Roethlisberger even took verbal measures to make sure Golson was aware, as well.

“I didn’t get a chance to hear it but when I got in the locker room a couple of guys told me about it,” Golson said.

Roethlisberger’s message?

“Welcome to the NFL.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...6-b57b0e7efe8c
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:02 pm

'Smooth' Steelers rookie Senquez Golson catching Antonio Brown's eye

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Asking Antonio Brown is a good way to judge the performance of the Pittsburgh Steelers' retooled cornerback position. Brown is a precise route runner and surveys the entire defensive backfield before the snap and when getting open.

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0508%2Fnfl_a_golson01jr_B_1296x729

Steelers rookie defensive back Senquez Golson (right) has impressed star receiver Antonio Brown so far in OTAs.

Brown brought up the name of rookie second-round pick Senquez Golson when asked which young players have impressed him in organized team activities.

Golson was one of three defensive backs selected by the Steelers in last month’s draft, along with fourth-round cornerback Doran Grant and seventh-round safety Gerod Holliman.

“Really like 27,” Brown said of Golson, who is wearing No. 27. “Smooth guy, doesn’t really say too much. Seems like he’s focusing on his business. I’m liking what I’m seeing from him.”

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/84818/smooth-steelers-rookie-senquez-golson-catching-antonio-browns-eye
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:58 pm

I just rewatched some NFL Combine of Golson and Doran Grant. Golson looks like he has great ball skills. He ran the gauntlet and caught everything like it was 2nd nature. Mayock was very high on him and Deion mentioned his hands. Golson is going to get some picks as a Steeler.

Grant looked bigger and more muscular than Golson, but they both ran 4.46. Grant had a good workout, caught the ball well, looked solid with his footwork and Mayock had a great summary...."started for 2 years for Buckeyes without missing a game, is physical, plays man, plays zone, plays the run well. I think he is undervalued."

It may take a year or 2 for these guys to adapt to the NFL, but I honestly expect Golson to push for time in the nickel or dime and Grant to find a spot as a special teamer this season
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 10:55 am

Blake, Golson and Grant are just one turned ankle way from the starting lineup. And the odds Allen and Gay both play every snap all season are close to zilch. So these guys will see nickle, dime and even 1st team defensive snaps this season (much like Blake saw plenty of snaps last year).
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:27 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Blake, Golson and Grant are just one turned ankle way from the starting lineup. And the odds Allen and Gay both play every snap all season are close to zilch. So these guys will see nickle, dime and even 1st team defensive snaps this season (much like Blake saw plenty of snaps last year).

Totally agree. With this Two-G Kevin Fogg coming out of nowhere too. 2015 with our very tough schedule is gonna be like a blast furnace in which ya throw all the defensive backs into it and pull out the de-facto studs for postseason (please)
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 3:36 pm

David Todd ‏@DavidMTodd -

Hearing rumors that 2nd round pick Senquez Golson’s shoulder injury could be significant. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/davidmtodd
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 5:49 pm

That's not looking good. For a rookie it's even more important to attent training camp to learn the plays and to know his teammates. The longer he's out the smaller the chance he will make an impact this year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 6:38 pm

And looking at the FA list available, there isn't much out there. This is concerning, as who is going to play should Allen or Gay go down with injury.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#position=CB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Senquez Golson
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6