Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome Senquez Golson

Go down 
+41
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
pczach
Lokki
Chaotic Zen
SteelersYak
steelcityboyz
teegre
HeinzMustard
Steeler-in-west
vasteeler
DesertSteel
SteelerSpartan
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelstoned1972
fer69
Rick5895
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
Galax Steeler
IowaSteeler927
lvsteelersfan
ebsteelersSF
Hawaii 5-0
Master_Of_Puppets
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
TJ22
kan_t
BlackAndGold
ETL
Steeler Zach
tony hipchest
lipps83
SoCalFan
Pappy
Buddha Bus
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
PhantomJB93
effyou515
Wallace108
Vis
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

So you guys are just catching on to what women have known for centuries. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1378315869

it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean... Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198

says every man with a small dick Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

So you guys are just catching on to what women have known for centuries. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1378315869

it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean... Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198

says every man with a small dick Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 3798349058

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Here is Golson (5'8") outjumping OJ Howard (6'6"). Size isn't everything.

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 CEBSh1eUIAEdP1r
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Agreed. It has more to do with footwork, positioning, use of hands, timing, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 Fa210d396944f04adbe3d4a537ba50dc
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:51 pm

James C Wexell @jimwexell -

I liked this Steelers draft because I really like Senquez Golson.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:00 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Wow, that photo shows Golson is fearless and has good instincts all right. But I'm worried about the red-zone, where you have a tall receiver in the back of the end zone and the QB throws it high. How is Golson going to defend that?
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:12 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Wow, that photo shows Golson is fearless and has good instincts all right. But I'm worried about the red-zone, where you have a tall receiver in the back of the end zone and the QB throws it high. How is Golson going to defend that?

That pic happens to be taking place in the back of the endzone...
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:32 am

^Yeah, I noticed that Phantom, its a great play on a long pass. But I'm thinking more of red-zone coverage where the receiver is just hanging at the back of the end zone and the QB throws it high.

Maybe they put Cortez on a receiver like that or have Mitchell help defend that. Overall looks like a good pick. He does look like he has a great nose for the ball. I'm hoping Allen is back to form and this guy is starting on the other side.
Back to top Go down
lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
^Yeah, I noticed that Phantom, its a great play on a long pass. But I'm thinking more of red-zone coverage where the receiver is just hanging at the back of the end zone and the QB throws it high.

Maybe they put Cortez on a receiver like that or have Mitchell help defend that. Overall looks like a good pick. He does look like he has a great nose for the ball. I'm hoping Allen is back to form and this guy is starting on the other side.

I think after everything I have read about this guy and the highlights I have seen, I just might be more excited to see this kid in action than anyone else we drafted.

As far as defending the taller receiver and a jump ball, the picture posted shows and the tape shows that this kid has a good vertical. How many jump balls a game actually occur, maybe two or three if that many? I think this kid is more than capable of getting himself in a decent position to make a play. If he struggles you get help on his side.

I will take an error on a jump ball here and there for what this kid has the potential to provide all game long.

It is the same with those that complain about Martavis Bryant and his drops. I will gladly take a drop or two a game, because what this kid provides for the rest of the game more than makes up for those drops.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Here is OJ Howard (6'6") using Golson (5'8") as a ventrilloquist puppet.

*fixed... Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1401235891

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Lake: DBs don't have to be tall to succeed

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Lake-DBs-dont-have-to-be-tall-to-succeed/3dd879af-136f-4d17-a545-fbf249b40864

Quote :
The cornerbacks the Steelers added in the second and fourth rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft don’t necessarily measure up, but that doesn’t mean they’re destined to come up short.

The precedent has been set, defensive backs coach Carnell Lake insisted, as it relates to No. 2 pick Senquez Golson of Auburn (5-foot-9, 176 pounds) and No. 4 pick Doran Grant of Ohio State (5-10, 200).

“Since I was playing here, we’ve always had somebody who was under 6-feet on the field, with Willie Williams (5-9) back in my day,” Lake maintained. “My last year here (as a player) was Deshea Townsend’s first year, and Deshea played a long time and then current day it would be Will Gay (5-10).

“Guys like Will who are very sharp upstairs, from the neck up, are just tremendous students of the game who have a lot of awareness. And they have an advantage in that sense and they can make their plays even if they are not the ideal height or whatever. They get it done, and that is what we are going to do here. We are going to put it together and find out what Senquez and Doran have to offer and play to those advantages.”

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:30 pm

The picks are all in, but the analysis of those who have just become Steelers began long before last weekend’s NFL Draft. Following is a look back at what was said about them at the NFL Combine in February, a further review of pre-draft opinions and observations on the NFL Network:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/A-Combine-peek-at-Class-of-2015/1722334a-aff7-4220-a915-ddcca2a6b5cb

Quote :
SENQUEZ GOLSON, CB, MISSISSIPPI
MAYOCK: “This guy is so fun to watch. He had 10 picks this year and he tracks a ball like the center fielder that he was; that 4.46 (40) he just ran was important.”

DEION SANDERS: “Baseball player, baby. He better be able to track it.”

MAYOCK: “Short arms but tracks the ball in the air as well as any corner I’ve seen in the last five years. I like this Golson kid. And I know he’s going to get knocked because of his height and all the rest of that but he has rare ball skills.”

SANDERS: “There’s a guy on this field helping out in these drills named Aaron Glenn, probably the same height (5-9, 183), that had a great career in the NFL (15 seasons).”

MAYOCK (voice-over analysis of Golson interceptions): “When you play zone and you get two verticals (deep routes) you gotta split the difference down the middle, get depth and get your eyes on the quarterback. What he does against Alabama, and this is game on the line, he tracks the football, catches it and keeps a foot in bounds. That ended the game, and that was beautiful.

“Here he is again (against LSU), watch him track the football, hip-to-hip, he becomes the receiver and he makes it look easy.

“Another pick (returned for a touchdown against Louisiana-Lafayette), 5-8-and-a-half, who cares? It’s my football. He understands the game. He understands zone concepts and when the ball’s in the air it’s his.”

SANDERS: “He’s smooth with his ball skills.”

. .
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:18 pm

I didn't like the pick of Golson. Initially, I was excited to see the Steelers get a corner in the 2nd but then I saw his height and weight. I hope he proves me wrong... but I don't see this guy being able to cover the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Soooo... fire Senquez Golson???
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :
Golson gets off the ground very well and is extremely tough. He is a good tackler and plays the game much bigger than his height and weight would indicate. His quick-twitch athleticism and overall awareness help make up for his lack of size.

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 184121345

We could make an impressive list of players who were thought to be undersized at their position. Size is a bonus, but it's not the determining factor in whether a player will be solid.

Right on Wally. I remember when we drafted Hines, many thought he was too short for a wide out, and we can look at AB too. Also, I have used him as an example many times, but look at Jack Lambert. Skinny, small, but a killer.

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
I didn't like the pick of Golson.  Initially, I was excited to see the Steelers get a corner in the 2nd but then I saw his height and weight.  I hope he proves me wrong... but I don't see this guy being able to cover the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL.

Yeah, but not many Cbs of ANY size can cover the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL. That's why they are the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 2087824411

Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
I didn't like the pick of Golson.  Initially, I was excited to see the Steelers get a corner in the 2nd but then I saw his height and weight.  I hope he proves me wrong... but I don't see this guy being able to cover the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL.

Yeah, but not many Cbs of ANY size can cover the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL. That's why they are the Megatrons and AJ Greens of the NFL. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 2087824411

True regarding Megatron and AJ Green... but I'd rather have a corner like Ike Taylor who was able to shut down most of the great NFL WRs in his prime.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:59 pm

HeinzMustard wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

True regarding Megatron and AJ Green... but I'd rather have a corner like Ike Taylor who was able to shut down most of the great NFL WRs in his prime.

I'd rather have a big penis, but we don't always get what we want. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198

Waitaminute.... that didn't come out right. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1505004552

Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

I'd rather have a big penis, but we don't always get what we want. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198

Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1647293567

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:17 pm

He sounds as athletic as bruce Jenner.

Maybe he can play in 5" heels...

. .
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

Waitaminute.... that didn't come out right.  Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1505004552
Believe me, having a big penis isn't what it's cracked up to be. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198 Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1664291743
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 5:27 pm

steelcityboyz wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

Waitaminute.... that didn't come out right.  Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1505004552
Believe me, having a big penis isn't what it's cracked up to be. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1797695198 Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1664291743

I guess I'll just have to settle with being rich, handsome, and smart. Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 2087824411

Ah! Who'm I kiddin'? Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:26 am

Mel Kiper says Senquez Golson might be the best pick of the second round

By Daniel Sager May 1, 2015

Mel Kiper Jr., typically not the type to outwardly convey optimism or excitement, declared Steelers second round pick Senquez Golson “one of the best picks of the second round”.

It was an interesting proclamation, especially when three cornerbacks had already come off the board prior to Golson, but still encouraging. The Steelers defensive backs coach Carnell Lake is already raving about Golson, stating he “checks all the boxes” when it comes to playing the position, and states if the diminutive Golson was slightly larger he would’ve been a surefire first round pick.

Golson stands just five-foot-nine, but his ball skills are regarded as first-round quality, according to both Kiper and colleague Todd McShay. He had 10 interceptions last season at Ole Miss, helping the Rebels to their highest AP ranking in 50 seasons in 2014.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/05/01/mel-kiper-says-senquez-golson-might-be-the-best-pick-of-the-second-round/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 2:06 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

maybe trixie could introduce you to some of his "clients" Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Senquez Golson    Welcome Senquez Golson  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Senquez Golson
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next