Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts

Go down 
+9
stlrtruck
BlackAndGold
El-Gonzo Jackson
kan_t
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
BKAnthem
effyou515
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 6:04 am

It is very early, but here's my picks for the first two rounds:

1. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
2. Marquis Haynes, DE/OLB, Ole Miss.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 am

1st Zach Cunningham OLB Vanderbilt

Cunningham's future in the NFL could be on the outside as he possesses the range and body control to excel in space. He changes direction well for a man of his size, showing light feet and loose hips. He possesses the range to beat backs to the edge, as well as exciting closing speed while in pursuit and coverage.

Cunningham shows good awareness of passing lanes, as well as the body control and long arms to contort in space to knock down throws.

2nd. Zach Banner OT USC

A mammoth human being, Banner has the naturally wide base and wingspan to slide and create a traffic jam in pass protection. He is a people-mover in the run game, crashing down, latching on with his heavy hands and driving defenders away from the lane. While he carries a lot of weight, Banner is a fluid mover for his size, doing a nice job pulling and getting in space to take away linebackers at the second level.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 12:44 pm

1st - Jarron Jones DT Notre Dame

2nd- Takkarist Mckinley OLB UCLA
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Charles Harris

https://youtu.be/ETEY4e6t76U
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:25 am

BKAnthem wrote:
1st - Jarron Jones DT Notre Dame

2nd- Takkarist Mckinley OLB UCLA

I like that Takkarist McKinley pick.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 am

Quote :
Early projections show the Steelers getting one extra compensatory pick in 2017 NFL Draft

In fact, according to early projections by OverTheCap.com have the black and gold getting just one compensatory pick, and that would be for Beachum, who left the Steelers for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although that may disappoint some fans, the projection has the Steelers receiving a 5th round draft pick for losing Beachum....

Rest of the Article here:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-mock-drafts-profiles-video-clips-highlights-steelers-analysis-breakdowns-news/2017/1/10/14202192/early-projections-show-the-steelers-getting-one-extra-compensatory-pick-in-2017-nfl-draft

I think we'll take whatever we can get!

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

I don't care which position we have in the draft (it will be 32 Twisted Evil ), but if OJ Howard is still on the board we should get him. Green is a liability and will never play a full season, James is decent but is limited. Howard is future top 3 player at his position imo. He reminds me of Jordan Reed, but he has much better blocking skills. I don't know if any other teams are looking for a TE, but I'm afraid he's gone before it's our turn.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:32 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I don't care which position we have in the draft (it will be 32 Twisted Evil ), but if OJ Howard is still on the board we should get him. Green is a liability and will never play a full season, James is decent but is limited. Howard is future top 3 player at his position imo. He reminds me of Jordan Reed, but he has much better blocking skills. I don't know if any other teams are looking for a TE, but I'm afraid he's gone before it's our turn.

I wouldn't have an issue with them drafting an athletic TE. The more weapons we can get for Ben the better.

kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

I'm fine with it. Other than OLB and backup QB, I don't think there is area which the Steelers should have to address through the draft. So if Howard is the BPA, I wouldn't mind if the Steelers take him.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Charles Harris

I find Charles Harris intriguing. He doesn't seem to have a quick first step or be an explosive athlete, but his handwork and pass rush skills are pretty well developed. He has what looks like long arms, so he can swat the OT hands, then dip and rip around the edge. He has great feet to counter that rush with an inside spin (which you can see in that video). He also has a decent bull rush when converting speed to power from a fake edge rush.

The downside is that he doesn't look like an explosive athlete. Doensnt have strong lower body to set the edge in the run game and plays too high vs the run.

I think he is going to have a mediocre combine and drop to where he could be a possible pick for the Steelers. Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Ryan Kerrigan, but I think Working on his pad level and lower body strength with a good coach can make him more of an Adalius Thomas type guy in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Charles Harris

I find Charles Harris intriguing.  He doesn't seem to have a quick first step or be an explosive athlete, but his handwork and pass rush skills are pretty well developed.  He has what looks like long arms, so he can swat the OT hands, then dip and rip around the edge.  He has great feet to counter that rush with an inside spin (which you can see in that video).  He also has a decent bull rush when converting speed to power from a fake edge rush.

The downside is that he doesn't look like an explosive athlete.  Doensnt have strong lower body to set the edge in the run game and plays too high vs the run.

I think he is going to have a mediocre combine and drop to where he could be a possible pick for the Steelers.  Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Ryan Kerrigan, but I think  Working on his pad level and lower body strength with a good coach can make him more of an Adalius Thomas type guy in a couple years.

He looks good. High motor, high effort player. I'll take those kinds of guys over combine warriors any day of the week. Gotta have the heart to go with the talent.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Charles Harris

I find Charles Harris intriguing.  He doesn't seem to have a quick first step or be an explosive athlete, but his handwork and pass rush skills are pretty well developed.  He has what looks like long arms, so he can swat the OT hands, then dip and rip around the edge.  He has great feet to counter that rush with an inside spin (which you can see in that video).  He also has a decent bull rush when converting speed to power from a fake edge rush.

The downside is that he doesn't look like an explosive athlete.  Doensnt have strong lower body to set the edge in the run game and plays too high vs the run.

I think he is going to have a mediocre combine and drop to where he could be a possible pick for the Steelers.  Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Ryan Kerrigan, but I think  Working on his pad level and lower body strength with a good coach can make him more of an Adalius Thomas type guy in a couple years.

He looks good. High motor, high effort player. I'll take those kinds of guys over combine warriors any day of the week. Gotta have the heart to go with the talent.

Be careful what you wish for. High motor, high effort player that isn't a combine warrior................you just described Jarvis Jones to a T.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Here is Charles Harris against WVU this season.  In this game he looks like a 5th round bust. Loafs backside to not chasing the run, plays high, doesn't get into the flat on WR screens, doesn't close down his gap on the runs at him.  This is why its such a process of drafting players.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Charles Harris

Be careful what you wish for.  High motor, high effort player that isn't a combine warrior................you just described Jarvis Jones to a T.

Touche, it seems though that the best players in the NFL are the guys who weren't picked in the first round. Look at Antonio Brown. Best WR in football arguably, and he was a 6th Round Pick. Just goes to show that the measurables aren't everything.

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 pm

effyou515 wrote:
1st Zach Cunningham OLB Vanderbilt

Cunningham's future in the NFL could be on the outside as he possesses the range and body control to excel in space. He changes direction well for a man of his size, showing light feet and loose hips. He possesses the range to beat backs to the edge, as well as exciting closing speed while in pursuit and coverage.

Cunningham shows good awareness of passing lanes, as well as the body control and long arms to contort in space to knock down throws.

2nd. Zach Banner OT USC

A mammoth human being, Banner has the naturally wide base and wingspan to slide and create a traffic jam in pass protection. He is a people-mover in the run game, crashing down, latching on with his heavy hands and driving defenders away from the lane. While he carries a lot of weight, Banner is a fluid mover for his size, doing a nice job pulling and getting in space to take away linebackers at the second level.

Zack Cunningham won't be on the board when it's time for the Steelers pick now I'm going with,

1st round pick, 265 pounder OLB Takkarist McKinley UCLA

With this years draft being so deep with CBs and edge rushers the 2nd round pick should be a CB.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 am

Very early 7th round mock

R1 Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA
R2 Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
R3 Cameron Sutton, CB/PR, Tennessee
R4 Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
R5 James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
R5 (compensatory) Ethan Cooper, OG, Indiana-Pa.
R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU
R7 Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 1:23 am

Stella Nation wrote:

R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

Like that James Conner pick, not sure if he'll be around that late though.

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

I hope so. Right now same can be said about all other picks. Except for McKinley I expect them all be of the board around 10-15 spots higher. But position rankings will shake up after the combine so who knows.

I really hope to get Howard, Njoku or Engram at TE, but Howard will be gone at around 20 and there is only a small chance that Njoku will be still available at 30 and Engram at 62 in round 2. I have a feeling that all 3 can be real game changers for us next year. I know there are other good TE's in this years draft, but imo there's a drop off after those 3.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

I hope so. Right now same can be said about all other picks. Except for McKinley I expect them all be of the board around 10-15 spots higher. But position rankings will shake up after the combine so who knows.

I really hope to get Howard, Njoku or Engram at TE, but Howard will be gone at around 20 and there is only a small chance that Njoku will be still available at 30 and Engram at 62 in round 2. I have a feeling that all 3 can be real game changers for us next year. I know there are other good TE's in this years draft, but imo there's a drop off after those 3.

I am with you on the TE's, IDK if Engram fits the Steelers offensive scheme at 6'3" 240Lbs. Doesn't block much, so really just a receiving threat. Not sure if a 1 dimensional TE is what the Steelers will draft.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

After watching that championship, another cover CB is needed in RD 1 OR 2. Watching Gay always running behind Pats* WRs and that shitty zone, gave everyone the blueprint..... just like when the league caught up to the zone blitz.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 11:59 am

1. Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple
2. Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown State
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. James Connor, RB, Pitt
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT
6. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
7. Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 am

I really like the Haason Reddick pick. I value him higher than Takkarist McKinley which I consider more of a safe pick.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

I am with you on the TE's, IDK if Engram fits the Steelers offensive scheme at 6'3" 240Lbs. Doesn't block much, so really just a receiving threat. Not sure if a 1 dimensional TE is what the Steelers will draft.

His blocking is a problem, but that can be coached. It depends if he's willing to learn it or not. I think he can be a mismatch nightmare for our opponents.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 6:05 am

What would you guys do if Tim Williams would still be on the board at 30? For me he's a red flag, but quality wise it would be a top 10 pick. I think we have enough players with off field issues (Bell, Bryant, Karlos Williams).
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 7:23 am

Stella Nation wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

I am with you on the TE's, IDK if Engram fits the Steelers offensive scheme at 6'3" 240Lbs.  Doesn't block much, so really just a receiving threat.  Not sure if a 1 dimensional TE is what the Steelers will draft.

His blocking is a problem, but that can be coached. It depends if he's willing to learn it or not. I think he can be a mismatch nightmare for our opponents.

why spend a pick on a TE who a little small to block? why not get another big WR. I like Gimble and James both young and will get better heck just look at the improvement of James from the beginning of the season and the end of the season.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next