Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts

Go down 
+9
stlrtruck
BlackAndGold
El-Gonzo Jackson
kan_t
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
BKAnthem
effyou515
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 am

effyou515 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Very early 7th round mock

R1 Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA
R2 Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
R3 Cameron Sutton, CB/PR, Tennessee
R4 Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
R5 James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
R5 (compensatory) Ethan Cooper, OG, Indiana-Pa.
R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU
R7 Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee

Like that James Conner pick, not sure if he'll be around that late though.

I hope so. Right now same can be said about all other picks. Except for McKinley I expect them all be of the board around 10-15 spots higher. But position rankings will shake up after the combine so who knows.

I really hope to get Howard, Njoku or Engram at TE, but Howard will be gone at around 20 and there is only a small chance that Njoku will be still available at 30 and Engram at 62 in round 2. I have a feeling that all 3 can be real game changers for us next year. I know there are other good TE's in this years draft, but imo there's a drop off after those 3.

I am with you on the TE's, IDK if Engram fits the Steelers offensive scheme at 6'3" 240Lbs.  Doesn't block much, so really just a receiving threat.  Not sure if a 1 dimensional TE is what the Steelers will draft.

His blocking is a problem, but that can be coached. It depends if he's willing to learn it or not. I think he can be a mismatch nightmare for our opponents.

why spend a pick on a TE who a little small to block? why not get another big WR. I like Gimble and James both young and will get better heck just look at the improvement of James from the beginning of the season and the end of the season.

Sorry, but I don't see a future #1 TE in both Grimble and James. Both are/can be excellent #2 TE's, but that's their ceiling I think. So Steelers still need a replacement for Green imo. I understand your and El-Gonzo Jackson concerns about Engram though. Maybe Jake Butt drops to round 4 and in that case he would be a better choice. But just like El-Gonzo Jackson with Watson, I would immediately pull the trigger if Howard or Njoku would still be available at 30.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Very early 7th round mock

R1 Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA
R2 Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
R3 Cameron Sutton, CB/PR, Tennessee
R4 Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
R5 (compensatory) Ethan Cooper, OG, Indiana-Pa.
R6 Kai Nacua, S, BYU

Like that James Conner pick, not sure if he'll be around that late though.

I hope so. Right now same can be said about all other picks. Except for McKinley I expect them all be of the board around 10-15 spots higher. But position rankings will shake up after the combine so who knows.

I really hope to get Howard, Njoku or Engram at TE, but Howard will be gone at around 20 and there is only a small chance that Njoku will be still available at 30 and Engram at 62 in round 2. I have a feeling that all 3 can be real game changers for us next year. I know there are other good TE's in this years draft, but imo there's a drop off after those 3.

I am with you on the TE's, IDK if Engram fits the Steelers offensive scheme at 6'3" 240Lbs.  Doesn't block much, so really just a receiving threat.  Not sure if a 1 dimensional TE is what the Steelers will draft.

His blocking is a problem, but that can be coached. It depends if he's willing to learn it or not. I think he can be a mismatch nightmare for our opponents.

why spend a pick on a TE who a little small to block? why not get another big WR. I like Gimble and James both young and will get better heck just look at the improvement of James from the beginning of the season and the end of the season.

Sorry, but I don't see a future #1 TE in both Grimble and James. Both are/can be excellent #2 TE's, but that's their ceiling I think. So Steelers still need a replacement for Green imo. I understand your and El-Gonzo Jackson concerns about Engram though. Maybe Jake Butt drops to round 4 and in that case he would be a better choice. But just like El-Gonzo Jackson with Watson, I would immediately pull the trigger if Howard or Njoku would still be available at 30.

I'm with you needing a #1 TE but imo this is a defensive players draft and the Steelers still need defensive help if I was going to draft a pass catcher and the draft fell right 3rd / 4th round Noah Brown Ohio State 6'3" 222lbs has size speed and body control but is still inexperience. No really bad habits and WR coach Mann could really coach up.

imo Martavis Bryant will comes back clean and will be the # 2 WR for AB and TE James and Grimble will be a very good compliment to the passing game and for Bell in the running game. the Steelers MO.

TE Green was brought in as a cheaper way then picking up a quality WR to help Brown from double teams.

Not sure on TEs in next years draft but I'd wait until next draft to draft a TE high in the draft.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:24 am

Mock draft 2.0

R1 Adoree Jackson, CB/KR/PR, USC
R2 Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St.
R3 Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
R3 (compensatory) Noah Brown, WR, Ohio St.
R4 James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
R5 Elijah Lee, MLB, Kansas St.
R6 Josh Augusta, DT, Missouri

I will do another one after free agency Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Post comp pick/pre combine Mock

1. Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple
2. Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown State
3. JuJu Smith, WR, USC
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Lorenzo Jerome, SS, Saint Francis
5. James Connor, RB, Pitt
6. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
7. Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dam

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT
7. Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame

Oh how I'd love to see Kittle in the black and gold at the pro level!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:32 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT

He's one of my favorite's in this class. That guy isn't scared to block. Can catch also.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 7:29 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT

He's one of my favorite's in this class. That guy isn't scared to block. Can catch also.

the type of TE I like.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 512807920 HOMER!

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1689750825 Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:00 am

Surprised no one is talking about Carl Lawson from Auburn here. I liked McKinley number one, but I'm leaning more towards Lawson after seeing more film on him. Good vision and motor on this kid:

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Surprised no one is talking about Carl Lawson from Auburn here.  I liked McKinley number one, but I'm leaning more towards Lawson after seeing more film on him.  Good vision and motor on this kid:

He's a great talent, possibly mid R1, but very injury prone. A torn ACL in 2014 and a hip injury in 2015 so teams might be careful.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
What would you guys do if Tim Williams would still be on the board at 30? For me he's a red flag, but quality wise it would be a top 10 pick. I think we have enough players with off field issues (Bell, Bryant, Karlos Williams).

I like his game, but I'd pass on him. He has a history of being a problem, just add a few million in his pocket and see how he acts. No
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 1:31 am

stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
3. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC
5. Jerod Evans, QB, VT

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 512807920 HOMER!

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1689750825  Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1549491426

Haha yep! Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198 Guilty as charged!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Post combine mock.

1. Takk McKinley, OLB, UCLA
2. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
3. Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU
4. Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida
5. Lorenzo Jerome, SS, Saint Francis
6. Kermit Whitfield, KR/WR, FSU
7. Ejuan Price, OLB, Pitt

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Yeah as they need to be really working out on defense. In particular that of D.E. and I.L.B. or O.L.B.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am

I did a mock draft on walkthemock.com and ended up with this one. Circumstances (excellent players available on other positions with great need) forced me to take an edge rusher in round 4.

R1 Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
R2 Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
R3 Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
R3 Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
R4 Daeshan Hall, OLB, Texas A&M
R5 ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama
R6 De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan
R7 Alex Kozan, OG, Auburn

I know this isn't going to happen, but I still like it Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 7:11 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
Surprised no one is talking about Carl Lawson from Auburn here.  I liked McKinley number one, but I'm leaning more towards Lawson after seeing more film on him.  Good vision and motor on this kid:

He's a great talent, possibly mid R1, but very injury prone. A torn ACL in 2014 and a hip injury in 2015 so teams might be careful.

As I stated in another topic, he's the first player on my list now if he passes the medicals.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

As I stated in another topic, he's the first player on my list now if he passes the medicals.
I missed your statement! I'm still torn between him and McKinley.

BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 4:08 am

1. Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
2. Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
3. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
4. Duke Riley, ILB, LSU
5. ​Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC (I'm sure the Steeler prefer a bigger WR, but I'm a fan of Switzer's. He's going to annoy teams)
6. Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State
7. Montae Nicholson, S, MSU

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
4. Duke Riley, ILB, LSU
5. ​Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC (I'm sure the Steeler prefer a bigger WR, but I'm a fan of Switzer's. He's going to annoy teams)

That's a draft I would kill for Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198

I'm only afraid that they aren't interested in Lawson, if I'm not wrong they haven't spoken him yet.
Also afraid that Shaheen's stock is rising and that he will be gone mid round 3. But he's absolutaley my favourite pick in that round.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 am

Stella Nation wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
4. Duke Riley, ILB, LSU

That's a draft I would kill for Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198

I'm only afraid that they aren't interested in Lawson, if I'm not wrong they haven't spoken him yet.
Also afraid that Shaheen's stock is rising and that he will be gone mid round 3. But he's absolutaley my favourite pick in that round.

They met Lawson at the combine and Tomlin, Colbert, and Porter was at his pro day. They like him a lot.

I tihnk runs on WRs, RB's, and of course pass rushers and CB's could make Shaheen available. It's a good TE group.  

In my mock I'm more worried about the round 2 pick. Not sure Wilson will be there, hoping for a fall.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 4:19 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
4. Duke Riley, ILB, LSU

They met Lawson at the combine and Tomlin, Colbert, and Porter was at his pro day. They like him a lot.

I tihnk runs on WRs, RB's, and of course pass rushers and CB's could make Shaheen available. It's a good TE group.  

In my mock I'm more worried about the round 2 pick. Not sure Wilson will be there, hoping for a fall.

Ok, didn't know that about Lawson. That's great news.
I don't think Wilson will fall that far, but this CB-class is so deep that they can take another in round 2 or even wait until round 3 to draft one.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 4:53 am

I took a slightly different approach with this one:

R1 Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
R2 Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
R3 Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
R3 Akhello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
R4 Noah Brown, WR, Ohio St.
R6 Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State (it would be awesome if Ejuan Price still would be there but I don't expect it)
R7 Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 am

One week before the draft mock:

R1 T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
R2 Marcus Maye, S, Florida
R3 Akhello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
R3 Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
R4 James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
R5 Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh
R6 Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois
R7 Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I really like the Haason Reddick pick. I value him higher than Takkarist McKinley which I consider more of a safe pick.
hasson reddick is exactly the kind of guy tomlin looks for givin the way they have drafted recently. i've seen him compared to lawrence timmons AND ryan shazier. and it just so happens that they need a replacement for timmons. Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 3135543967

1 haason reddick - ILB
2. adam shaheen - TE
3. deshone kizer -QB
3. derek rivers -OLB
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:49 am

Believe this will be my final mock.

1. Jabrill Peppers, S/CB, Michigan
3. Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
3. Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU
4. James Connor, RB, Pitt
5. Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern Washington
6. Javancy Jones, ILB/OLB Jackson State
7. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo

UDFA signings
Kevin Snead, KR, Carson Newman
Patrick Gamble, DE, Georgia Tech
Francis Kallon, DE, Georgia Tech
Monte Nicholson, S, Michigan State

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Mock Drafts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next