Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMiss him yet? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Miss him yet?

Go down 
+17
JPPT1974
effyou515
SteelCity4Life
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
SteelersYak
Master_Of_Puppets
stlrtruck
Hawaii 5-0
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
muncher
jak341
Wallace108
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Miss him yet? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 9:03 pm

ysportacular://v2/news/details?articleUuid=3b64193b-d458-329d-855a-c28160367555&src=web&target_url=https%3A%2F%2Fyhoo.it%2F2z8eJ3S

The drama continues. Seriously so much fun to watch when it's not happening to the Steelers.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm

How do you like him now Raiders? Lol 3rd and 5th rounders looking like gold now!Lol

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-oak-mayock-brown-idUSKCN1V80Q1?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d59eed36f0c9700014b7f29&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:27 am

teams need to start putting an "asshole" clause in players contracts. this type of behavior from these divas is becoming too prevalent. the bigger the contracts get , the worse these guys attitudes and personalities get. teams need to be able to put something in the contracts that discourages this behavior. it needs to be severe. allowing disgruntled or trouble making players to simply join another team and get an even bigger payday by doing so, should be stopped. these guys need to be under the threat of being permanently expelled from the league.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:45 am

Watching Hard Knocks, it seems to me the Raiders early on were making the same mistake the Steelers made ... letting AB get away with things that a lesser talent would never get away with. He's a classic case of "different rules for different people," which is the norm in most sports. Hell, it's probably the norm in most areas of life.

The Raiders are taking a tougher stance now, and  Mayock's public frustration is surely mild compared with what is being said in private. It'll be interesting to see how AB responds. My guess is that he falls in line. For now. And then the Raiders will go back to treating him like a king. Then the drama will return. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 am

Honestly this whole situation with AB reminds me of what Jack Nicholson said in the movie As Good As It Gets.

"SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE! WE'RE ALL STOCKED UP HERE"! Miss him yet? - Page 3 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 12:56 pm

well i guess now 30 other GM's look like geniuses for not seriously looking to add AB to their roster. i was just shocked at what i thought was a low ball offer of a 3rd and 5th. at this point if he were still a steeler i would say "cut his ass" .
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm

He's back at practice. The question is for how long. I'm just happy he's not our problem anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 am

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy1V5LHXWbg
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:34 am

Miss him yet? - Page 3 Giphy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 6:16 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Exactly. 😂😂

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 3:00 pm

go visit a raiders forum. it is hilarious Miss him yet? - Page 3 1797695198 buyers remorse is an understatement. poor AB is taking a cyber beating. they sound just like us before the trade.. Miss him yet? - Page 3 1549491426
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Now they're downplaying ABs antics and Jon Gruden was kissing his ass on Hard Knocks and saying he supports him.

I'm with Merril Hoge, he was on Sirius XM NFL Radio this morning talking about the whole helmet thing. He was talking about how utterly stupid it is that AB wants to continue using 20 year old helmet tech that's designed to protect only from impacts. He explained how the new helmets are designed to not only protect from impact, but to dissipate the energy of impact to lessen the likelihood of injury to the player wearing it. He said that Brown's agent should be ashamed encouraging Brown to fight wearing the new helmet, and that if he actually cared about his client he would be telling him not to be stupid and to wear the new helmet because it's what's safest for him.

I wholeheartedly agree with Hoge, and the NFL should tell Brown too bad so sad and let him retire if he refuses to wear the new helmets.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:23 am

I wanted him gone but felt like we came up short in the trade. It's all good now. Too bad Lambert or Ryan Clark aren't playing next time we get the Raiders.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 2:54 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Now they're downplaying ABs antics and Jon Gruden was kissing his ass on Hard Knocks and saying he supports him.

I LOL'd when Gruden said he respects him for standing up for what he believes in. No other player on that team would get away with this nonsense.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 7:46 am

My Facebook has started flooding me with Raiders articles because I click on every one of them that deals with AB. I seriously can't get enough of this dumpster fire.

The Steelers seem to have a knack for getting rid of receivers at the right time. I have a feeling he won't get near the same productivity he's had in the past and then things will REALLY explode.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 pm

AB was my keeper from last year's fantasy team and I can't even get a decent trade offer for him!

Man, I think I'm screwed.

Scheming how to get rid of him

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Miss him yet? - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Here is the real fun part. Vegas is giving the Raiders a 4% chance to win the AFC West. That basically meand they expect the Raiders to have a losing record.

AB went ballistic and lost his shit on a Gatorade cooler after the Steelers lost 1 game! Think about how that shit head is going to act when he starts losing game after game. You know for a fact he is going tonpoint the finger at Carr or Gruden. He doesn't have the capacity to even think about taking responsibility for his own actions. The minute he starts pointing fingers the dissension in the locker room will begin and from that point it will all crumble...

Tomlin, Colbert and the Organization will look like ficking geniuses if one of those 2 draft picks becomes a starter.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I LOL'd when Gruden said he respects him for standing up for what he believes in. No other player on that team would get away with this nonsense.

That's the absolute truth too. They're coddling him because he's Antonio Brown and because they have so much invested in him. Gruden is sacrificing his pride for AB's talent. So glad the Steelers don't pander to these idiots. We trade them off and bring in guys that want to be a part of the team. Between Gruden and Mayock they're basically playing good cop/bad cop. Mayock has to be the bad cop because he's the GM and he's manipulating the media to call AB out. Gruden is the good cop, stroking Brown's ego to try and coax him back to the team. It's pretty disgusting really, but funny to watch Gruden, who acts like he's such a hard ass, being a total enabler.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

That's the absolute truth too. They're coddling him because he's Antonio Brown and because they have so much invested in him. Gruden is sacrificing his pride for AB's talent. So glad the Steelers don't pander to these idiots. We trade them off and bring in guys that want to be a part of the team. Between Gruden and Mayock they're basically playing good cop/bad cop. Mayock has to be the bad cop because he's the GM and he's manipulating the media to call AB out. Gruden is the good cop, stroking Brown's ego to try and coax him back to the team. It's pretty disgusting really, but funny to watch Gruden, who acts like he's such a hard ass, being a total enabler.

A lot of good takes in this post. Mayock and Gruden playing good cop/bad cop is a great observation. I didn't notice that, but yeah, that could be the case.

The only thing I disagree with is that the Steelers don't pander to idiots. They pandered to AB and Bell for a long time. For one example, they allowed AB to stay at a hotel during camp. That never should have been allowed ... he should have been with his teammates.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 pm

[img]Miss him yet? - Page 3 KHvfm7Y[/img]
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

A lot of good takes in this post. Mayock and Gruden playing good cop/bad cop is a great observation. I didn't notice that, but yeah, that could be the case.

The only thing I disagree with is that the Steelers don't pander to idiots. They pandered to AB and Bell for a long time. For one example, they allowed AB to stay at a hotel during camp. That never should have been allowed ... he should have been with his teammates.

I can't take too much credit for the whole good/cop bad cop observation. I was listening to Sirius XM NFL Radio, I don't remember which show, or which hosts, but one of them definitely described the whole Brown/Gruden/Mayock thing as Good Cop/Bad Cop and I remember thinking that's exactly what they're doing.

I hadn't heard of the hotel thing, guess that juicy tidbit escaped me. I guess I should rephrase, I like the Steelers because they pander to these players less than other teams.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 12:18 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I hadn't heard of the hotel thing, guess that juicy tidbit escaped me. I guess I should rephrase, I like the Steelers because they pander to these players less than other teams.

My memory slipped a bit. It was a rental house, not a hotel. The following snippet is from an old article, which is worth a read again knowing everything we know now

Quote :
Training camp is a slog. Every morning, Steelers players drag their sizable frames out of modest Saint Vincent College dorm rooms. Vets might get a room to themselves.

Brown had something more: an Airbnb-style rental home close to campus.

Several players say the general belief was that Brown did not sleep at Saint Vincent. Though players might get an occasional day off or time to see family, most agree Brown's setup was different.

They'd see him get dropped off in a black Mercedes or another luxury car sometime in the morning. Bryant said he never visited Brown's rental house but knew he had it.

Added an ex-Steeler who played multiple seasons with Brown: "We even admired him for it, like, 'How does he pull that off?'"

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29995/inside-the-antonio-brown-steelers-drama-its-probably-over

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Raiders fined Antonio Brown $53,950 for missing two practices

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/raiders-fined-antonio-brown-53950-for-missing-two-practices/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
---------------------------

And, of course, he isn't happy about it. Ben LOL

AB is a real-life version of this retelling of an Aesop fable ...

Quote :
One winter day, a farmer found a snake by the roadside, stiff and motionless with cold.

"If you put me inside your shirt," the snake said, "your body will make me warm and I won't freeze to death."

"Oh, I know your kind," replied the farmer. "If I pick you up, you will bite me."

"Oh no," the snake objected. "Why would I do such a thing, if you are good enough to help me?"

So the farmer had compassion on the snake, and taking it up, he put it inside his shirt. The warmth quickly revived the snake, and resuming its natural instincts, it bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Oh," cried the farmer with his last breath, "why did you bite me? You promised you wouldn't."

"Ah," said the snake. "So I did. But you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Miss him yet? - Page 3 EDoc-UVk-W4-AA7q-Wq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss him yet?
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next