Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020

Go down 
+8
JPPT1974
Master_Of_Puppets
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
solardave
stlrtruck
jak341
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Banking on a lot of things - of course it starts with a healthy #7 (hold your breath and pick a 4 leaf clover), and also a healthy McDonald, healthy Conner (which has never happened). Line needs help, running back needs help...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 6:22 pm

considering the recent moves the steelers have made, i cant help but to think the steelers may now target a RB or WR in the draft with the 2nd round pick
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm thinking BPA out of OL, RB, and WR. Perhaps ILB, as our depth is paper thin.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 10:55 pm

jak341 wrote:
I'm thinking BPA out of OL, RB, and WR. Perhaps ILB, as our depth is paper thin.
this class is deep at receiver...i believe thats the way they will go.  chase claypool from notre dame is an interesting prospect...ran a 4.42 at 6'4" 238lbs... affraid..said to be a helluva blocker and special teammer..he is basically a super fast TE.  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 3135543967 a poor mans calvin johnson...or a faster brandon marshal.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
this class is deep at receiver...i believe thats the way they will go.  chase claypool from notre dame is an interesting prospect...ran a 4.42 at 6'4" 238lbs... affraid..said to be a helluva blocker and special teammer..he is basically a super fast TE.  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 3135543967 a poor mans calvin johnson...or a faster brandon marshal.

I watch a lot of Notre Dame and liked Claypool a lot. 4.42 at that size is awesome. I kind of had the feel from what I've read at Post Gazette this off season that they go offensive skill player with #49. Maybe WR or RB there.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 2:09 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I watch a lot of Notre Dame and liked Claypool a lot. 4.42 at that size is awesome. I kind of had the feel from what I've read at Post Gazette this off season that they go offensive skill player with #49. Maybe WR or RB there.

from what i gather reading about the guy, he has some flaws and wasnt even considered a high pick till he ripped off that 4.42. apparently he drops a pass here and there, and is slow off the line. doesnt get great separation off the line and lacks "moves" and quickness. has strait line speed but takes a bit to hit top gear... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2087824411 ...looks like he skipped the cone and  shuttle drills at the combine...maybe he knew he would do bad. plus he is a canadian ... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1505004552 ...joking.. Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198 .... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 190127080
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Fittipaldo's most recent mock from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. In keeping with forum rules I did not copy his last pick, # 7, who was safety Geno Stone from Iowa.

Ray Fittipaldo's third 2020 Steelers mock draft

The NFL draft is less than a month away, and it’s getting a bit easier to predict how the Steelers will approach their six picks. The best hints came during the first wave of free agency, when they signed three outside free agents. All three — tight end Eric Ebron, offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski and fullback Derek Watt — play offense.

So you can likely check off tight end, interior lineman and fullback on the list of top draft needs. It’s hard to imagine a scenario where the Steelers would select a player that plays any of those positions.

The Steelers still have plenty of holes to fill in the draft, though. There are no dire needs now, so let’s call them wants.

They can use a playmaker at receiver to go along with JuJu Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson and James Washington. They can use a running back, a three-down feature back as the replacement for James Conner, who is entering the final year of his contract. And they can use an offensive tackle to groom behind Alejandro Villanueva, who is entering the final year of his contract.

But that’s not all. In order to sign those three free agents the Steelers had to cut some players to make room. The most significant move was to release inside linebacker Mark Barron, who played 70 percent of the defensive snaps last season. Devin Bush will pick up a lot of those snaps next season, but the Steelers could use an inside linebacker or hybrid safety in the draft to add more depth, especially with backup inside linebacker Tyler Matakevich also leaving as a free agent. The only inside linebacker on the roster right now who might be able to fill in if Bush is injured is Ulysees Gilbert, but he only played special teams before a back injury sent him to injured reserve halfway through the season. Robert Spillane, who played one defensive snap, is more along the lines of Matakevich as a backup run-stopping linebacker and special teams player. He wouldn’t be a candidate to fill in if Bush gets injured.

The biggest free agent loss was defensive lineman Javon Hargrave, the Steelers’ starting nose tackle the past four seasons who also was adept at playing defensive end when injuries surfaced. Trading for Chris Wormley gives the Steelers three options to replace Hargrave at nose — Tyson Alualu and Isaiah Buggs are candidates, too — and three versatile rotational linemen that can sub in for starting end Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.

The Steelers also cut their top reserve at outside linebacker when Anthony Chickillo was released. Ola Adeniyi and Tuzar Skipper might be able to fill the void, but the Steelers could take an outside linebacker to groom as Bud Dupree’s replacement.

All three of those defensive positions are now in play for the Steelers.

This is an important and challenging draft for the Steelers. They don’t have a first-round pick and have only one pick among the top 100, the fewest of any teams in the league. Now, more than ever, they have to choose their picks wisely.

2. (No. 49) RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin (5-10, 226) — The Steelers could go for a receiver or offensive tackle here, but this is a bet they are making a renewed commitment to the running game. Team president Art Rooney II issued the challenge to the coaching staff after the season. It’s also quite possible Taylor or another running back could represent the best value in this portion of the draft. Running backs have been pushed down draft boards on recent years. Good ones, starters, have been had in the second round and later. And for the Steelers, who are in position to select the best player available at any of the three aforementioned positions, grabbing a back could make the most football sense. Taylor was a productive and durable player at Wisconsin. He also ran a 4.39 at the combine. Taylor can assume the feature-back role at some point during his rookie season while Conner can become an effective third-down back, a role that would suit him and the Steelers well. Then in 2021, Taylor can become an every-down feature back, something the Steelers have been missing since the days of Le’Veon Bell.

3. (No. 102) OT Ben Bartch, St. John’s (6-6, 309) — This is the portion of the draft where the Steelers have searched for developmental tackles in recent years. And with Villanueva likely playing out his final season with the Steelers it’s probably a good idea to draft another one. Bartch is a converted tight end with limited experience at tackle, but he has potential to become a starter. There will be questions about the competition he faced at Division III St. John’s, but Bartch impressed at the Senior Bowl. He can redshirt during the 2020 season, learn behind a veteran and be ready to compete for a starting job in 2021. The Steelers haven’t devoted a lot of resources to replenishing their offensive line over the past few years so this is a necessary step in preparation for Villanueva’s departure.

4a. (No. 124) OLB Anfernee Jennings, Alabama (6-2, 256) — The COVID-19 outbreak affects many college prospects, but especially ones that did not work out at the combine. Jennings was going to work out at Alabama’s pro day, but, like most others, it was canceled. So what happens to players like Jennings now? They can’t work out in front of scouts at their pro day. They can’t go on top-30 visits. They can’t do individual workouts for coaches unless travel restrictions are lifted soon. Jennings might fall in the draft, which would be ideal for the Steelers, who need quality depth and someone to groom behind Dupree.

4b. (No. 135) WR Devin Duvernay, Texas (5-10, 200) — The Steelers need to add speed to their receiving corps, and Duvernay definitely checks that box. He ran a 4.40 at the combine and is a former state track champion in Texas. He must polish his route-running skills, but he is a savvy player that can find a home in the slot with big-play potential. He has Hines Ward-like qualities: great hands, elusiveness and a knack for getting yards after the catch. Ben Roethlisberger knows how to take advantage of those types of skills.

6. (No. 199) LB Shaquille Quarterman, Miami (6-0, 234) — With the losses of Barron and Matakevich and with Vince Williams turning 30, the Steelers have to build up the depth again at inside linebacker. Quarterman was a four-year starter for the Hurricanes and can add value as a backup and special-teams contributor as a rookie.

Full article:
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/03/30/Steelers-mock-draft-3-0-Time-to-upgrade-the-running-game-Jonathan-Taylor-Anfernee-Jennings-Devin-Duvernay/stories/202003240107

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 am

Would absolutely love if we picked up Jonathan Taylor, but I honestly don't see him making it out of the 1st Round. I think it's highly likely he goes somewhere like Kansas City, and he'd be a great fit there in Andy Reid's offense as well.

If Taylor is on the board I think we'd almost have to take him, but otherwise I think we have to go with an OT or a LG, or the type of guy that the Steelers covet that has the flexibility to player either/or.

All of that being said, here's my mock following our recent transactions, restructures, etc...

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2020_m10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 pm

ESPN has us going QB in the 2nd.

Why the Steelers could take QB with their first pick in the 2020 NFL draft https://es.pn/3bFl3Bf
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 3:04 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Would absolutely love if we picked up Jonathan Taylor, but I honestly don't see him making it out of the 1st Round. I think it's highly likely he goes somewhere like Kansas City, and he'd be a great fit there in Andy Reid's offense as well.

If Taylor is on the board I think we'd almost have to take him, but otherwise I think we have to go with an OT or a LG, or the type of guy that the Steelers covet that has the flexibility to player either/or.

All of that being said, here's my mock following our recent transactions, restructures, etc...

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2020_m10

Swift and Taylor should definitely be gone by the 49th pick. Taylor is an awesome RB. I was thinking, realistically, that Dobbins might be the guy the Steelers draft at 49. He might still be there. But from a college tape perspective, Swift and Taylor are in a class above the rest.

Like your Hill pick at 124.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Yeah as really need to have the O.L. And drafting a new kid to start right away!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:

This came up on Brian Batko's chat at Post Gazette this week:

Quote :
Jerry: What do you think if we pick Claypool with our first pick?
Brian Batko: From a talent perspective, I think it’d be great. I was already a big fan of Chase Claypool’s game and his combine performance helped him even more. Could push him into the first round, even, if you believe some mock drafts. The Steelers probably don’t need that *type* of pass-catcher quite as much now that they have Ebron, but hey, Claypool could be a true No. 1 in the NFL, I think. You always can use a guy like that.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/03/30/Brian-Batko-s-Steelers-chat-03-30-20/stories/202003300066

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 6:31 am

kirklandrules wrote:

Swift and Taylor should definitely be gone by the 49th pick. Taylor is an awesome RB. I was thinking, realistically, that Dobbins might be the guy the Steelers draft at 49. He might still be there. But from a college tape perspective, Swift and Taylor are in a class above the rest.

Like your Hill pick at 124.

Hill would be a nice addition, great route runner, can run the entire route tree. One of those really reliable types that catches everything thrown his way. I think of him like a more polished Eli Rogers. Scouts and pundits seem to complain a bit about his long speed, and his ability to make contested catches, but if you're a savvy route runner that can make up for lack of speed in the NFL. Just ask Hines Ward.  

I think Jackson in the 2nd would be the type of guy that the Steelers covet on their offensive line. I believe he played center for Ohio State but he has the flexibility to play guard as well. He would offer good depth, just marks me as a Steelers kind of guy. Plus Tomlin seems to like those Ohio State guys. I really like Leki Fotu as well, he's a big dude that could definitely play nose tackle. I don't think he's a starter right out of the gates but couple him with Wormley and I think we'd be OK in the middle of our defensive line. They did a good job getting good value this year in free agency and shored up some glaring areas of need.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 2:12 am

I will also say this regarding our draft this year, I wouldn't mind if the team used their highest pick on a NT. If Javon Kinlaw was somehow available in the 2nd Round, or if not him, Raekwon Davis I would definitely be interested in either of those players. I think Kinlaw is definitely going in the 1st Round though.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 3:07 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I will also say this regarding our draft this year, I wouldn't mind if the team used their highest pick on a NT. If Javon Kinlaw was somehow available in the 2nd Round, or if not him, Raekwon Davis I would definitely be interested in either of those players. I think Kinlaw is definitely going in the 1st Round though.

kinlaw is unrealistic, but i could see them picking Davis , Ross Blacklock or Justin Madubuike as a hargrave replacement. then they could get rid of Tyson Alualu  who would save 2.75 million and McCullers which would save 1.5 million.....so there is 2.25 million more in cap room...

then you would have ...
tuitt , heyward...wormley ...buggs, and a rookie + one more as a rotation. im sure they could find another DT for  4 million that would be an upgrade. or go with someone cheaper than alualu and still have extra money left over. they could always bring back walton for peanuts.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-tackle/available/
i would take anyone of these available guys over McCullers...hell i'd put a traffic cone on the roster over McCullers... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198

honestly i cant begin to take a guess on which way they should or will go but i think it will be either a T,WR,DT,S or RB...thats the order i hope they will decide for BPA. it has been sooo long since i havent wished for a CB i feel strange... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

honestly i cant begin to take a guess on which way they should or will go but i think it will be either a T,WR,DT,S or RB...thats the order i hope they will decide for BPA. it has been sooo long since i havent wished for a CB i feel strange... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198

I feel ya there, it is a bizarre feeling not expecting them to have to draft a CB or pick up one in free agency after years and years of mediocre and below average CB play we finally seem to have a pair of legit corners. Bizarre, but nice feeling!

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 am

I think they should go BPA in the second round or trade down if possible and get more picks. We have some needs, but not many glaring holes. If a high quality player would drop to them, they should take him regardless which position he plays. Our starters are fine, we even have some depth but we lack a bit of quality depth imo at almost every position. So you grab the best player you can.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 am

Colbert said he doesn't see us making any moves to get back into the 1st round. I agree that at #49 it should be BPA regardless of position. I would sat pass on CB but who knows? I don't watch enough college football to guess who might be there and how good they are so I'll leave that to you guys. Having said that I feel like either LT or LG seem to be our biggest needs. Or someone versatile enough to play more than one position on the O-line.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 1:56 pm

I was listening to Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). Matt Williamson and Dale Lolley were talking about the positions rankings of this draft. TE and interior OL are the lowest rated for talent this year. Williamson chuckled and made the point that the Steelers' two biggest FA signings addressed those areas. Not saying they won't draft either of those positions with #49, but they've definitely guarded themselves in case the few talented guys are already gone. If I had to guess, I would figure they would try to go with a TE before OL just because there isn't a longer term TE sitting on the team (unless the feel Gentry will be that guy).

RB would still be my guess at #49, if they're looking for an immediate impact player. It's a position that has lost it's edge in draft status in recent years, so better players can be had in the 2nd. WR would be another position that could have an immediate impact purely because of the tremendously deep talent pool there this year. They could definitely get a WR who could help deliver this year at the 49th pick.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 10:46 pm

I just don't see them drafting WR high. Two reasons, the first being, we still have Juju, and Diontae and James, two talented youngsters. Reason 2 being, Colbert has done an amazing job of finding talent in the later rounds at WR.

Unless they are planning on trading JuJu, I don't see them needing to draft a WR high.

I do think that them picking up a TE and an OL is a tell, probably drafting neither of them in the 2nd round.

I think it may be RB - if Jonathan Taylor is a available, he's a lock. In fact, if he's available near the end of the first round, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up ahead of KC to get him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:59 am

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 Mock_410

My latest. Trying to address the most glaring needs for our team, and eliminating the QB selections from my previous mocks as the Steelers have made no indication they'd like to draft a QB.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

My latest. Trying to address the most glaring needs for our team, and eliminating the QB selections from my previous mocks as the Steelers have made no indication they'd like to draft a QB.

do we not still have the same RB's and WR's they felt comfortable going in to last season with minus that turd moncrief ? Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2087824411  ....if anything i would think the expectations from those 2 groups should only be higher considering 2 rookies are now vets. with that said how can those 2 positions be the highest needs ?

of course you could say beyond this year they are glaring needs, because of pending contracts, but if you're looking beyond the up coming season i would still suggest the Oline is the bigger glaring need. they have youth at RB and WR...can't say that for the oline , plus in addition to his sub par play last year villinueva's contract expires this year. then factor in fosters departure which was plugged with a guy who rightfully or not has been viewed  as a backup by other teams the 4 or 5 years. then there is an aging pouncey who has also shown decline the last 2 years.  do you think they should be really confident in banner and gray going forward ?

i mean there is a chance connor can stay healthy for a full season, and there is a chance JuJu could see another contract or that jacksonville,philidelphia and KC all fucked up and didnt see that Wisniewski is a very capable high quality starter ....but is there a chance big Al and pouncey will recapture there youth and look like probowlers again ?  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198

have you forgotten what the Oline was like before munchak turned them in to a respectable unit ? i dread the thought of it , especially considering a new young QB is on the horizons sooner than later. young QB's and turnstyle Olinemen just dont mix... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1664291743

IMO, i think it should be almost the opposite of what you have (disclaimer - my prediction rate of what position and what players per round they select are very low. maybe 1% on position and .1% on the player )  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2893009358
49-OT
102-IOL
124-IDL
135-EDGE
198-WR
232-RB

of course this all needs value taken into consideration but if its between an OT and a RB they have a 2nd round grade on, i hope they would go OT.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

do we not still have the same RB's and WR's they felt comfortable going in to last season with minus that turd moncrief ? Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2087824411  ....if anything i would think the expectations from those 2 groups should only be higher considering 2 rookies are now vets. with that said how can those 2 positions be the highest needs ?

of course you could say beyond this year they are glaring needs, because of pending contracts, but if you're looking beyond the up coming season i would still suggest the Oline is the bigger glaring need. they have youth at RB and WR...can't say that for the oline , plus in addition to his sub par play last year villinueva's contract expires this year. then factor in fosters departure which was plugged with a guy who rightfully or not has been viewed  as a backup by other teams the 4 or 5 years. then there is an aging pouncey who has also shown decline the last 2 years.  do you think they should be really confident in banner and gray going forward ?

i mean there is a chance connor can stay healthy for a full season, and there is a chance JuJu could see another contract or that jacksonville,philidelphia and KC all fucked up and didnt see that Wisniewski is a very capable high quality starter ....but is there a chance big Al and pouncey will recapture there youth and look like probowlers again ?  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198

have you forgotten what the Oline was like before munchak turned them in to a respectable unit ? i dread the thought of it , especially considering a new young QB is on the horizons sooner than later. young QB's and turnstyle Olinemen just dont mix... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1664291743

IMO, i think it should be almost the opposite of what you have (disclaimer - my prediction rate of what position and what players per round they select are very low. maybe 1% on position and .1% on the player )  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 2893009358
49-OT
102-IOL
124-IDL
135-EDGE
198-WR
232-RB

of course this all needs value taken into consideration but if its between an OT and a RB they have a 2nd round grade on, i hope they would go OT.

I think their greatest need is RB. Connor's availability has not been great in his stint with the Steelers and there's a good chance he doesn't return after this year. Snell isn't a starter, even if I like his pounding style, but the reality is that he's not a #1RB in today's NFL. The remaining RBs are not starters either. There are a few RBs that should be available at #49 that could step in and be a #1 RB for the Steelers in this year's draft. Swift and Taylor are my top 2 and would absolutely love if they were available for the Steelers at #49. Dobbins is an awesome athlete and I think he's the guy who will be there and would be a very good RB for the Steelers. I would rank Edwards-Helaire just behind Dobbins and is very, very good. Aikers at Florida State is underrated because his offensive line sucked, big time. Watch his film and know that he had no help and still looked like a stud. Moss at Utah has a solid name and will do well in the NFL ... he doesn't seem to want to get tackled. A name you don't hear much is Dillon from BC. He's a tank (6' 250lbs) and somehow ran a low 4.5 40.

Interior O-Line has one of the lowest talent levels in this draft, so getting a starter in this draft without a 1st round pick is going to be tough. Those teams that are desperate for IOL will be able to take the few guys available ahead of the Steelers 2nd round pick. Also, I think there's more depth on the team than you give credit. Wisniewski isn't trash. I don't think the Steelers have anointed him Foster's replacement as much as a piece of the puzzle (or maybe Finley's replacement). Feiler has shown to be really good and might become the LG next year. Wisniewski can play center as well, so if Feiler becomes the starting LG, Wisniewski becomes the swing guy inside. Then it's a Banner or Okorafor battle at RT. The loser becomes a swing guy at both T spots.

TE is the other position with very little quality depth in this draft. So for both IOL and TE, good luck trying to get a starter in those areas in this year's draft. Having said that, someone may slip to the Steelers at #49 and they grab him up. In fact, I'm more concerned about TE than IOL because their currently "starters" are shorter term contract guys.

WR might not be a huge need, but given the depth in this draft, you can get a really good WR in the 3rd round. JuJu may not make it back next year, so this is a good year to reload the talent, especially when the Steelers don't have a 1st round pick.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 1:33 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

49-OT
102-IOL
124-IDL
135-EDGE
198-WR
232-RB

I think their greatest need is RB. Connor's availability has not been great in his stint with the Steelers and there's a good chance he doesn't return after this year. Snell isn't a starter, even if I like his pounding style, but the reality is that he's not a #1RB in today's NFL. The remaining RBs are not starters either. There are a few RBs that should be available at #49 that could step in and be a #1 RB for the Steelers in this year's draft. Swift and Taylor are my top 2 and would absolutely love if they were available for the Steelers at #49. Dobbins is an awesome athlete and I think he's the guy who will be there and would be a very good RB for the Steelers. I would rank Edwards-Helaire just behind Dobbins and is very, very good. Aikers at Florida State is underrated because his offensive line sucked, big time. Watch his film and know that he had no help and still looked like a stud. Moss at Utah has a solid name and will do well in the NFL ... he doesn't seem to want to get tackled. A name you don't hear much is Dillon from BC. He's a tank (6' 250lbs) and somehow ran a low 4.5 40.

Interior O-Line has one of the lowest talent levels in this draft, so getting a starter in this draft without a 1st round pick is going to be tough. Those teams that are desperate for IOL will be able to take the few guys available ahead of the Steelers 2nd round pick. Also, I think there's more depth on the team than you give credit. Wisniewski isn't trash. I don't think the Steelers have anointed him Foster's replacement as much as a piece of the puzzle (or maybe Finley's replacement). Feiler has shown to be really good and might become the LG next year. Wisniewski can play center as well, so if Feiler becomes the starting LG, Wisniewski becomes the swing guy inside. Then it's a Banner or Okorafor battle at RT. The loser becomes a swing guy at both T spots.

TE is the other position with very little quality depth in this draft. So for both IOL and TE, good luck trying to get a starter in those areas in this year's draft. Having said that, someone may slip to the Steelers at #49 and they grab him up. In fact, I'm more concerned about TE than IOL because their currently "starters" are shorter term contract guys.

WR might not be a huge need, but given the depth in this draft, you can get a really good WR in the 3rd round. JuJu may not make it back next year, so this is a good year to reload the talent, especially when the Steelers don't have a 1st round pick.

im not saying they DON'T need a RB or a WR, but i see it as putting the cart in front of the horse. im a firm believer that 75% of a RB's success or failure is about the oline unless your barry sanders. look at the string of great alabama RB's picked in the first round that came in to the NFL and didnt do shiit. the difference was the Oline he had blocking for him. most of the top RB's in the hall of fame have Oline teammates keeping them company. Emmitt smith may have had the best Oline ever blocking for him...so with that said, blowing your wad on a RB when your oline is falling apart just seems like a waste to me. fix the line first then go shopping for a good RB. i would compare it to spending your only $2k on a set of car rims when your engine is making a horrible knocking noise.. Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1797695198
i think we all can agree the Oline was terrible last year. does anyone think signing wisniewski alone is going to be the magic fix ? is big AL who is likely in his final season going to play better this year just because a new guy who hasnt been able to find a starting role and is on his fifth team already is going to magically elevate the play of some of his fellow teammates which includes pouncy ?

as i said above. i think the chances of connor staying healthy and having a solid season along with JuJu are as good as wisniewski and banner has of being solid starters...which im not saying the wont be, just saying the odds arent any better.the question is what are the steelers looking for ?, guys to contribute immediately or guys who will likely sit for a year and start next year. obviously skill position guys are more likely to be worked in to a rotation than olinemen. plus we dont know what kind of moronic plans fichner is scheming . that moron would probably pick Hurts in the 2nd just to run a few wildcat plays a game that dont work .... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 1505004552

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 pm

I love James Conner, great story, Pitt guy, tough SOB. His body is betraying him though. When healthy he's a damned good RB, but he has serious issues staying healthy. I don't know that he can be a bell cow right now. I hope he bounces back but we all know RB is the shortest lived position and yet it remains one of the most important. Dobbins/Taylor/Akers would be great additions to the offense and they could shoulder some of the load so Conner doesn't have to shoulder it all. I also like Samuels but he doesn't seem like much outside of a change of pace.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next