Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
Homedepth chart - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 depth chart

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 3:02 am

Great Randino wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Meh, Dulac has been wrong about as much as he's been right lately. Speculation is a great way to get paid.

I coached a kid who had a recruitment trip to Michigan State. They played (and got thoroughly whipped) be Washington.  His dad was telling me back then that the Washington left tackle was in total control the entire game. He just moved people at will. He also said the guy was completely jacked and didn't have the chunk that most o-linemen usually have. He said Fautanu had his jersey pulled up just under his breastplate and there was no gut hanging out. He'll start in the first regular season game.
I would LOVE to have both Fautanu and Frazier starting Day One.  My concern would be the rookie wall, so they'd still have to manage their load.  17 games is too many.  And now they are thinking about going to 18.  Its ridiculous.

The good news GR is when they go to flag football (NFFL) it will expand to 30 games. depth chart - Page 2 2913999526 Or maybe they'll take Jack Lambert's advice and put dresses on the QBs. depth chart - Page 2 1797695198

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules


Posts : 1870
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 8:13 pm

I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 8:46 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Meh, Dulac has been wrong about as much as he's been right lately. Speculation is a great way to get paid.

I coached a kid who had a recruitment trip to Michigan State. They played (and got thoroughly whipped) be Washington.  His dad was telling me back then that the Washington left tackle was in total control the entire game. He just moved people at will. He also said the guy was completely jacked and didn't have the chunk that most o-linemen usually have. He said Fautanu had his jersey pulled up just under his breastplate and there was no gut hanging out. He'll start in the first regular season game.
I would LOVE to have both Fautanu and Frazier starting Day One.  My concern would be the rookie wall, so they'd still have to manage their load.  17 games is too many.  And now they are thinking about going to 18.  Its ridiculous.

The good news GR is when they go to flag football (NFFL) it will expand to 30 games. depth chart - Page 2 2913999526 Or maybe they'll take Jack Lambert's advice and put dresses on the QBs. depth chart - Page 2 1797695198

Too funny, SD!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:05 am

kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

_________________
depth chart - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation


Posts : 1514
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 9:17 am

There's a big difference between Troy Fautanu and Broderick Jones coming out of the draft. Fautanu is too athletic and too advanced technically to sit while Jones was a lot more raw so it made sense that he started the season as a back-up.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 7:37 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.

IowaSteeler927, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules


Posts : 1870
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.

Agreed. However, we've seen the value of player contracts increase as well. You could always increase the vet minimum by $250k or do something else that adds money back to the players. Selfishly,  I just want more football.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 11:01 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.

They would have a game on every day of the week if they could get away with it. They make a big deal "TALKING" about player safety but at the end of the day it's all about them dollar bills rolling in. He'll They will be able to go to a 20 game season when they put flags on them which is coming soon.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 3:49 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.

Oh I'm very aware of that, I don't even remotely think they'd even so much as consider it. Just my thoughts on the matter. I personally hate Thursday Night Football.

Player safety will always play second fiddle to their bottom line.

_________________
depth chart - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 11:23 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.


Oh I'm very aware of that, I don't even remotely think they'd even so much as consider it. Just my thoughts on the matter. I personally hate Thursday Night Football.

Player safety will always play second fiddle to their bottom line.

I wouldn't be in favor. I think the season is already too long. 17 games is too many. 18 games, no starting QB makes it through the season. Quite honestly, going to 18 games is a clear signal that they don't care about player safety.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 1:29 am

Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
I would think an 18 game season may work if they incorporate another bye week into the schedule. I'm fine with drawing the season out a little further. Football off-season is just too damned long!

Yeah I agree with this. Definitely add another bye week so players can get more of a break, I'd also get rid of Thursday Night Football. I think that'd go a very long way towards getting players on board with an 18 game season.

depth chart - Page 2 3562723908

dude, their entire motivation is greed,
they went to 16 games because of greed
they went to 17 games because of greed
they play games in other countries because of greed.
they play thursday games because of greed.

it's all about that TV money. as long as a network will pay them for thursday games, they will have thursday games.


Oh I'm very aware of that, I don't even remotely think they'd even so much as consider it. Just my thoughts on the matter. I personally hate Thursday Night Football.

Player safety will always play second fiddle to their bottom line.

I wouldn't be in favor.  I think the season is already too long.  17 games is too many.  18 games, no starting QB makes it through the season.  Quite honestly, going to 18 games is a clear signal that they don't care about player safety.  

this is my thinking as well. if adding more games means putting a shitty product on the field, then no thanks. when a regular season game day starting roster starts to look like a preseason 2nd quarter lineup, maybe you're asking too much from the players.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 2:00 am

well they added yet another vet minimum, low production receiver to the roster. Scotty Miller. with the amount of receivers they have on the roster, i'm thinking they are planning on rolling into the season with what they got. if they had a plan on acquiring a particular bigger name they wouldnt still be adding low tiers to the roster. im all for turning over as many stones as possible, but at what point are you trying to evaluate too many at one time to where it becomes counter productive because you never really get a long enough look at them individually ?

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 4:03 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
well they added yet another vet minimum, low production receiver to the roster. Scotty Miller. with the amount of receivers they have on the roster, i'm thinking they are planning on rolling into the season with what they got. if they had a plan on acquiring a particular bigger name they wouldnt still be adding low tiers to the roster. im all for turning over as many stones as possible, but at what point are you trying to evaluate too many at one time to where it becomes counter productive because you never really get a long enough look at them individually ?

I concur. It worries me that outside of Pickens the WR corps is kind of a toss-up. Roman Wilson is an unproven rookie and these other guys like Quez Watkins, Van Jefferson, Scotty Miller... They've bounced from one team to another for a reason. I really wanted to see a productive vet added to the WR room in the form of a trade... I guess it's not out of the question entirely, but as you stated MoP with the crowd they've got going it doesn't really look or feel like that's in the plans.

_________________
depth chart - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 1:12 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
well they added yet another vet minimum, low production receiver to the roster. Scotty Miller. with the amount of receivers they have on the roster, i'm thinking they are planning on rolling into the season with what they got. if they had a plan on acquiring a particular bigger name they wouldnt still be adding low tiers to the roster. im all for turning over as many stones as possible, but at what point are you trying to evaluate too many at one time to where it becomes counter productive because you never really get a long enough look at them individually ?

I concur. It worries me that outside of Pickens the WR corps is kind of a toss-up. Roman Wilson is an unproven rookie and these other guys like Quez Watkins, Van Jefferson, Scotty Miller... They've bounced from one team to another for a reason. I really wanted to see a productive vet added to the WR room in the form of a trade... I guess it's not out of the question entirely, but as you stated MoP with the crowd they've got going it doesn't really look or feel like that's in the plans.

I agree with both of you. It seems like they are rolling the dice on one or two of them hitting, and being the guy. I think Roman Wilson will see action and eventually be that starter. I'd like to see Calvin Austin do something as well, but so far he hasn't shown much. I just remember they were really high on him before his injury.

Also, I LIVE for the 4 am IowaSteeler posts.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 9:37 pm

i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.

solardave, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 1:16 am

Smith wants blocking WRs that can also take the top of Defenses. Wilson can do that at a #2 he is a solid blocker and has 4.3 speed.

Like MoP mentioned expect Muth to get some better targets as well with PA from Wilson. Smith likes to use the TE to chip and release on PA then the QB hits them or they have the option to go deep.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 1:50 am

I'm not too worried about WR either. Smith is more ground and pound than "Air Coryell"
I expect to see a lot of 2 TE sets with Washington blocking and Muth in the slot.
If they hadn't addressed the Oline I'd be concerned.

Master_Of_Puppets, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 2:35 am

If this guy stays healthy he's hands down the steel of this draft.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 7:14 pm

this was posted over at SU

Steelers WR 40 times

Calvin Austin III 4.32
Quez Watkins 4.35
Scotty Miller 4.36
Roman Wilson 4.39
Van Jefferson 4.39
George Pickens 4.47

solardave, IowaSteeler927 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on. I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense. I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 11:09 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.

solardave, IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2024 1:22 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.
They used Darnell so seldom, I forgot we had him.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2024 7:37 am

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.
They used Darnell so seldom, I forgot we had him.

Right but with Smith taking over I hope we see what he can do to help our offense. I don't remember where but I read DW had questionable hands in college. I know this is a High' light but I don't see a problem catching the ball.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2024 11:56 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.
They used Darnell so seldom, I forgot we had him.

Right but with Smith taking over I hope we see what he can do to help our offense. I don't remember where but I read DW had questionable hands in college. I know this is a High' light but I don't see a problem catching the ball.

Matt Canada didn't utilize his weapons. That and I don't think he trusted Pickett to be able to make the throws when it was necessary. Pickett was very erratic with his accuracy.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2024 4:56 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.
They used Darnell so seldom, I forgot we had him.

Right but with Smith taking over I hope we see what he can do to help our offense. I don't remember where but I read DW had questionable hands in college. I know this is a High' light but I don't see a problem catching the ball.

Matt Canada didn't utilize his weapons. That and I don't think he trusted Pickett to be able to make the throws when it was necessary. Pickett was very erratic with his accuracy.

Yeah it was 2 fold. I'm looking forward to this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





depth chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
depth chart
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2017 Steelers Depth Chart
» Steelers Release Initial Depth Chart
» Steelers’ Wallace unaware of depth chart change
» Outside linebackers jockey for position on crowded depth chart
» Steelers depth chart 2019: Pittsburgh has new, strong options to replace Antonio Brown

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: