Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homedepth chart - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

depth chart

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

depth chart - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2024 3:04 am

Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
well they added yet another vet minimum, low production receiver to the roster. Scotty Miller. with the amount of receivers they have on the roster, i'm thinking they are planning on rolling into the season with what they got. if they had a plan on acquiring a particular bigger name they wouldnt still be adding low tiers to the roster. im all for turning over as many stones as possible, but at what point are you trying to evaluate too many at one time to where it becomes counter productive because you never really get a long enough look at them individually ?

I concur. It worries me that outside of Pickens the WR corps is kind of a toss-up. Roman Wilson is an unproven rookie and these other guys like Quez Watkins, Van Jefferson, Scotty Miller... They've bounced from one team to another for a reason. I really wanted to see a productive vet added to the WR room in the form of a trade... I guess it's not out of the question entirely, but as you stated MoP with the crowd they've got going it doesn't really look or feel like that's in the plans.

I agree with both of you.  It seems like they are rolling the dice on one or two of them hitting, and being the guy.  I think Roman Wilson will see action and eventually be that starter.  I'd like to see Calvin Austin do something as well, but so far he hasn't shown much.  I just remember they were really high on him before his injury.

Also, I LIVE for the 4 am IowaSteeler posts.

Haha I'm glad you enjoy them! Working night shift gives me more free time and with time to burn what better way to spend it than on here talking Steelers football with all yinz. depth chart - Page 3 792589548

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.

Yeah the usage (or lack thereof) of DW is just weird. You draft the guy because you love how big/athletic he is and then he is barely used. At the very least he should've been used more in the redzone just due to how big he is, I have to think due to size alone he's gotta be a matchup nightmare for just about anyone except tall corners trying to cover him. Just bizarre how little used he was last season. I know Arthur Smith likes to utilize his TEs in the passing game, so I'm hoping that he's going to make these guys more of a focus which should then take some of the pressure off of the WR corps to do everything. I'm thinking these guys are going to see an uptick in usage. Unlike Canada, Smith seems to actually have two brain cells to rub together.

solardave, Stella Nation, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
MUTH so far is keeping pace with miller with 75 targets a year.  there is no reason muth couldnt be putting uo 1000+ yd seasons other than the steelers out dated view of how the position is used. darnell washington is a physically and athletic freak. not using him in the passing game is just criminal.
They used Darnell so seldom, I forgot we had him.
DW actually got more snaps than any other TE. most likely due to muth missing time, but he was on the field for 48% of the snaps. for what ever reason, they have designated him as just a blocking TE. if my memory serves me right, the few times they did throw to him they were just dump off passes. i dont know if he ever actually ran any routes.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2024 9:08 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not too concerned. i believe they intend to use muth to take up the slack of the #2. i have been complaining since...well forever... that the steelers under utilize the TE in the passing game.
Right on.  I love the MUTH, 'bout time they get him more involved in the offense.  I think he could be a premier TE in the league if utilised correctly.
travis kelcie has been the top TE in the league because the chiefs actually throw the ball to him. since 2018 he averages 140 targets a year.
heath miller was  the most "used"  TE in the passing game in steelers history. only one year in his career did he get 100 targets. over his 11 year career he averaged 75 targets a year.
DW actually got more snaps than any other TE. most likely due to muth missing time, but he was on the field for 48% of the snaps. for what ever reason, they have designated him as just a blocking TE. if my memory serves me right, the few times they did throw to him they were just dump off passes. i dont know if he ever actually ran any routes.
Yeah - I actually did know he played. Having Arthur Smith, hopefully we will utilise him more effectively.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2024 5:40 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Yeah - I actually did know he played.  Having Arthur Smith, hopefully we will utilise him more effectively.

but did ya know he got the most snaps ? huh, did ya ? depth chart - Page 3 2988561446

i hope using him as just a blocking TE isnt making them too predictable. i mean defenses do look for trends.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 1:19 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Yeah - I actually did know he played.  Having Arthur Smith, hopefully we will utilise him more effectively.

but did ya know he got the most snaps ? huh, did ya ? depth chart - Page 3 2988561446

i hope using him as just a blocking TE isnt making them too predictable. i mean defenses do look for trends.

Um.....No. No I didn't. depth chart - Page 3 3572881467
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 5:40 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Tomlin was able to keep AB's behavior in check for years, so I'm not too worried even if they get a guy with a bit of an ego. Though I would prefer, as others have already stated, a guy that can be more of a positive influence on a guy like Pickens.

I don't have a problem with ego. In the NFL I think it's necessary. Narcissism is the problem. The guy that thinks the fate of man hinges on his next tweet. Yeah I have a problem with that,

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 3:32 am

so Cam heyward plans to skip OTA's because he wants a 3 year contract extension. depth chart - Page 3 1401235891
if it were up to me, cam would have taken a pay cut or been cut this year.
i know he was injured last year, but he is also 35.
heyward also said he has no problem playing for a different team.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 4:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so Cam heyward plans to skip OTA's because he wants a 3 year contract extension. depth chart - Page 3 1401235891

Bummer. Doesn't sound like him. All I can say there is I like Cam and I'll probably miss him for a week or two.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 11:53 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

It's a business. Dude is 35 and didn't play effectively last year. He doesn't deserve a top dollar contract at this point in his career. We held on to Ben 4 years to long I hope they dont make the same mistake. I hope if they do give him a new contract it doesn't come close to top DL money. It simply wouldn't make sense for the team to do so and still stay competitive.

I know it sounds brutal but you can't pay people a shit ton of money and get limited production out of them when they are in the twilight of their career in this particular game. 35 is old iat that position and he didnt do a whole lot last year to deserve a huge pay day. It's simply the nature of the beast that is the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 5:37 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

It's a business. Dude is 35 and didn't play effectively last year. He doesn't deserve a top dollar contract at this point in his career. We held on to Ben 4 years to long I hope they dont make the same mistake. I hope if they do give him a new contract it doesn't come close to top DL money. It simply wouldn't make sense for the team to do so and still stay competitive.

I know it sounds brutal but you can't pay people a shit ton of money and get limited production out of them when they are in the twilight of their career in this particular game. 35 is old iat that position and he didnt do a whole lot last year to deserve a huge pay day. It's simply the nature of the beast that is the NFL.
Father Time is undefeated, as they say.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 2:38 am

i bet if the steelers offered him an extension with zero guaranteed money he would tell them to fuck off.
he dont want to wait until seasons end to work out a deal. he wants money guaranteed right now.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 2:45 am

https://www.nfl.com/news/dl-cameron-heyward-on-plans-to-skip-otas-for-first-time-i-want-to-be-a-pittsburgh-steeler-but-we-ll-see-what-happens

The nature of the NFL. Cam has done a lot for the team and city. I just wish these guys would recognize their own decline and act accordingly. That sounds harsh but the NFL is not for pansy....yet. Don't get me started there.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 3:20 am

solardave wrote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/dl-cameron-heyward-on-plans-to-skip-otas-for-first-time-i-want-to-be-a-pittsburgh-steeler-but-we-ll-see-what-happens

The nature of the NFL. Cam has done a lot for the team and city. I just wish these guys would recognize their own decline and act accordingly. That sounds harsh but the NFL is not for pansy....yet. Don't get me started there.
and he has been rewarded with 115.5 million dollars...now he wants more. it is unfortunate that the steelers are reactive rather than pro active when it comes to replacing their star players. they may end up caving to his demands simply because they dont have a suitable replacement on the roster, unless loudermilk gets 90% better before the end of the season or logan lee turns out to be the steal of the draft. No

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 12:09 pm

He's under contract now, $16M this upcoming season. They could just stay with that and let it expire after this season.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2024 9:00 pm

Great Randino wrote:
He's under contract now, $16M this upcoming season.  They could just stay with that and let it expire after this season.

the 16 million was just his base salary. he counts 22 million against the cap. Cam is doing what every player does now. he is panicking because he doesnt have anymore guaranteed money left. to be fair, Cam may have 3 good years left in him. depth chart - Page 3 2087824411  we tend to look at players over 30 with caution, but Cam arguably has played his best football after 30.
i dont envy Khan for the decision facing him. i'm sure he is doing what im doing and looking at the roster and next years class of Dlinemen. the early forecast isnt looking that good , but it doesnt mean some guys wont distinguish themselves after another season.
there was a few FA Dline i would have liked to have seen brought in for a visit. i think there were better options than dean lowery that signed with other teams for very reasonable contracts. depth chart - Page 3 2087824411

alot of teams are eating a shit ton of dead cap money this year because they restructured and extended big contracts. at the end of the day they just ended up having to cut those very same players to free up money. the only thing the accomplished was they lowered their buying power this year. the chargers lost over 20% of their cap spending this year. depth chart - Page 3 1505004552
im just worried they might extend Cam and at the end of the season realize the old Cam is gone, and we still owe "lesser" Cam 16 million of guaranteed money, then they cut him to save 7 million in salary while eating the dead money. depth chart - Page 3 1505004552

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptySun May 19, 2024 2:37 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
He's under contract now, $16M this upcoming season.  They could just stay with that and let it expire after this season.

the 16 million was just his base salary. he counts 22 million against the cap. Cam is doing what every player does now. he is panicking because he doesnt have anymore guaranteed money left. to be fair, Cam may have 3 good years left in him. depth chart - Page 3 2087824411  we tend to look at players over 30 with caution, but Cam arguably has played his best football after 30.
i dont envy Khan for the decision facing him. i'm sure he is doing what im doing and looking at the roster and next years class of Dlinemen. the early forecast isnt looking that good , but it doesnt mean some guys wont distinguish themselves after another season.
there was a few FA Dline i would have liked to have seen brought in for a visit. i think there were better options than dean lowery that signed with other teams for very reasonable contracts. depth chart - Page 3 2087824411

alot of teams are eating a shit ton of dead cap money this year because they  restructured and extended big contracts. at the end of the day they just ended up having to cut those very same players to free up money. the only thing the accomplished was they lowered their buying power this year. the chargers lost over 20% of their cap spending this year. depth chart - Page 3 1505004552
im just worried they might extend Cam and at the end of the season realize the old Cam is gone, and we still owe  "lesser" Cam 16 million of guaranteed money, then they cut him to save 7 million in salary while eating the dead money.  depth chart - Page 3 1505004552

Not unlike the Ben situation. How many millions was that again? And didn't they have to eat dead cap for 2 years for that mess?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2024 10:23 am

I want to see big #97 retire a Steeler. I'd personally extend him. He's earned that much respect. Plays his ass off, and played through a gnarly groin injury last season.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2024 12:48 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I want to see big #97 retire a Steeler. I'd personally extend him. He's earned that much respect. Plays his ass off, and played through a gnarly groin injury last season.
I just hope they can come to an agreement that makes sense on both sides. Doesn't break the bank and cap-strap us, and doesn't insult Cam and what he's done for us.

solardave, IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2024 2:13 am

Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I just hope they can come to an agreement that makes sense on both sides.  Doesn't break the bank and cap-strap us, and doesn't insult Cam and what he's done for us.

Me too. The guy is a Steeler through-and-through. Always brings his A game, and just embodies everything the team and the city is about. He's done so much for the community and finally got recognized for it as a Walter Payton Man of the Year.

We've seen how much the DL drops off when he's been injured and it's not pretty. It's not easy replacing a guy like that. Looking at it from the business side, I can see what MoP is saying but guys with Cam's talent level and production playing a 3-4 DE spot are a rarity. That's not even mentioning the veteran presence and leadership he brings to the locker room. His teammates look up to him, and they respect him. It's not a good look if the Front Office doesn't try to get a deal done with him. Never mess with the harmony in the locker room, especially in a season where the Front Office has made it abundantly apparent they want to win-now.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2024 6:20 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I just hope they can come to an agreement that makes sense on both sides.  Doesn't break the bank and cap-strap us, and doesn't insult Cam and what he's done for us.

Me too. The guy is a Steeler through-and-through. Always brings his A game, and just embodies everything the team and the city is about. He's done so much for the community and finally got recognized for it as a Walter Payton Man of the Year.

We've seen how much the DL drops off when he's been injured and it's not pretty. It's not easy replacing a guy like that. Looking at it from the business side, I can see what MoP is saying but guys with Cam's talent level and production playing a 3-4 DE spot are a rarity. That's not even mentioning the veteran presence and leadership he brings to the locker room. His teammates look up to him, and they respect him. It's not a good look if the Front Office doesn't try to get a deal done with him. Never mess with the harmony in the locker room, especially in a season where the Front Office has made it abundantly apparent they want to win-now.
of course they will try to get a deal done. they dont have a viable plan B, and Cam knows it. as you said, 3-4 DE's worth a shit dont become available often. hell they havent even properly replaced Tuitt yet.
looking at the early projections for Dline prospects doesnt look promising for the next draft. at least not for the 6-5. 300lb body type they covet.
there is a few that fit the mold, but they have them ranked low. the 6-5, 6-6 guys are light, and the 300 lb guys are short.

have a looksy for yourselves and see if i'm missing something.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/DL/1/2025
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2024 12:55 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Again they didn't plan for Ben's decline and it bit them square. As much as Cam has done for the city and this team he deserves to retire a Steeler. Where they screwed up if you ask me was letting Hargrave walk. Tuitt was out of their hands but still like MoP said...where is his replacement? I think Benton will be solid but if they give Cam a big fat extension with guaranteed money they'll be doing the same thing as with Ben. Gambling that he can stay healthy and still be a force in the middle. It didn't go well with Ben.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:10 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

of course they will try to get a deal done. they dont have a viable plan B, and Cam knows it. as you said, 3-4 DE's worth a shit dont become available often. hell they havent even properly replaced Tuitt yet.
looking at the early projections for Dline prospects doesnt look promising for the next draft. at least not for the 6-5. 300lb body type they covet.
there is a few that fit the mold, but they have them ranked low. the 6-5, 6-6 guys are light, and the 300 lb guys are short.

Strange to see Deone Walker only ranked 3rd. He has great pass rush ability with 7.5 sacks last season. I would sprint to the podium if he would still be there when we're on the clock.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2024 5:42 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Mason Graham is a little on the short side at 6'3" but could possibly fit the mold otherwise. Walter Nolen is listed an inch taller or so but lighter on weight (possibly add a little weight to his frame?) and was very disruptive for Texas A&M. Those would probably be the only two I'd personally be interested in. Both guys would be projects in my book, not immediate starters. This next draft does definitely look to be very light on the 3-4DE talent.

We can't forget about Logan Lee though on this roster. Has the height at 6'5" that the Steelers like. Is on the lighter side being listed at 281lb at the NFL Combine but Iowa had him listed at 291lbs. I think he could definitely add weight to his frame. Could be a Aaron Smith type of guy if he sticks at this level. That's precisely who he reminds me of. Definitely a guy I want to keep an eye on in camp notes as we come into training camp.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 12:44 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Strange to see Deone Walker only ranked 3rd. He has great pass rush ability with 7.5 sacks last season. I would sprint to the podium if he would still be there when we're on the clock.

dont take the rankings they have to seriously. same with the size and weight. those are seldom correct. pre season rankings are just projections. they change weekly during the season. but if you're on their 6th or 7th page in the preseason, odds are you are likely a day 3 pick.
Deone Walker will be a top 10 pick if he keeps his weight in check , plays as good or better than last season and stays healthy.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 1:04 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Mason Graham is a little on the short side at 6'3" but could possibly fit the mold otherwise. Walter Nolen is listed an inch taller or so but lighter on weight (possibly add a little weight to his frame?) and was very disruptive for Texas A&M. Those would probably be the only two I'd personally be interested in. Both guys would be projects in my book, not immediate starters. This next draft does definitely look to be very light on the 3-4DE talent.

We can't forget about Logan Lee though on this roster. Has the height at 6'5" that the Steelers like. Is on the lighter side being listed at 281lb at the NFL Combine but Iowa had him listed at 291lbs. I think he could definitely add weight to his frame. Could be a Aaron Smith type of guy if he sticks at this level. That's precisely who he reminds me of. Definitely a guy I want to keep an eye on in camp notes as we come into training camp.

they gambled on damarvin leal despite being shorter and lighter than they want their DE'S to be, thinking he had the frame to bulk up , get stronger and become a 2 gapper.  they admitted defeat when they drafted lee and signed a free agent.  im guessing they will give him a chance this year to stay on the roster if he can convince them he can play OLB. the Dline room is a lot fuller than the OLB room.
Ziggy hood is another example of a guy not fitting the mold of a 3-4 DE.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

depth chart
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next