Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homedepth chart Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

depth chart

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: depth chart   depth chart EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 pm

so here is what we currently have. im pretty sure they have wilson and jefferson in the wrong spots.

[img]depth chart Depth-chart[/img]
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 am

i read an article that said the steelers had woman beater cam sutton in for a visit.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 7:10 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i read an article that said the steelers had woman beater cam sutton in for a visit.

No, thanks. I understand the value on the field, but I'm done with all the drama.

When I see our depth chart, we absolutely need some corners. And one other WR with starting capability would be great too.

vasteeler and Master_Of_Puppets like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am

It will be spun as a redemption story. Mike Tomlin will help "fix" the young man and get him back on track...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 12:11 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Please no.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 pm

i expect that chart to change a lot by august. not only will many of those guys will be cut, but the steelers will sift through the free agent rubble as other teams cut there rosters down. i dont think they should be satisfied with the WR and CB room.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers Undrafted Free Agents

QB – Aeneas Dennis, Benedict (Invited to Minicamp)
   RB – Dajuan Edwards, Georgia
   WR – John Rhys Plumlee, UCF
   WR – Latreal Jones, Southern Miss (Invited to Minicamp)
   C – Trey Brown, Jacksonville State
   DL – Julius Welschof, Charlotte
   LB – Jacoby Windmon, Michigan State
   CB – Shon Stephens, Ferris State (Invited to Minicamp)
   DB – Beanie Bishop, West Virginia

john rhys plumlee was actually a college QB. not much of a passer, but he has a hella set of wheels.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 am

We still need a WR. We still need depth at CB not named Sutton.
I can't help thinking Omar is on the hunt for a sleeper WR either under a rock somewhere or a willing trade for a bag of donuts.
I have faith in this new process.
Think about it.
We've gone from Colbert who was hitting on about 4 cylinders to Khan who so far looks like a Turbo comparatively.
We've gone from Canada who has to be insane because he kept doing the same things over and over expecting different results to an actual OC with head coaching experience.
Sprinkle in what looks to be a good draft and I'm pretty excited to see camp and preseason.
I'm pretty sure our Oline will be improved.

The guy to watch...Logan Lee. Go Iowa. Every year there's a guy I root for. Usually they end up on the PS. I did pick Calvin Austin III when he was drafted and so far... he's still around. depth chart 1797695198

Bottom line. At least on paper this roster appears to be a serious upgrade on offense and I understand
that had to be done. I just hope we stay healthy on D because we're a little thin in spots.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 4:59 am

I'd still like to see another receiver added. Still rumors flying around that the Steelers are working on a trade for a WR behind the scenes but I'll believe it when I see it in that regard. I'm just not sold on Van Jefferson and Roman Wilson is an unproven rookie. I'd really like to see someone else added to the WR room that is starter material opposite Pickens.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Thu May 02, 2024 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 am

i still dont like the idea of bringing in a 25 million a year diva receiver.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I want a good team first WR that can show Pickens how it's done right day in and day out. Next year they can draft another WR early and add more youth.

As for CB I am excited to see Rush and Trice in camp. They both have some great traits. They had time to learn the system last year. Rush was a 5th rounder so he could be what we need out there. Trice just needs to get his knee back in order and he could be another peice of the puzzle.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyWed May 01, 2024 2:48 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I Next year they can draft another WR early and add more youth.

As for CB I am excited to see Rush and Trice in camp. They both have some great traits. They had time to learn the system last year. Rush was a 5th rounder so he could be what we need out there. Trice just needs to get his knee back in order and he could be another peice of the puzzle.

I want a good team first WR that can show Pickens how it's done right day in and day out.

I hear you. I just think we can rely on Khan to find an answer. I mean so far he hasn't done anything to hurt this team. He's the most forward thinking GM we've seen in awhile

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 4:11 am

Tomlin was able to keep AB's behavior in check for years, so I'm not too worried even if they get a guy with a bit of an ego. Though I would prefer, as others have already stated, a guy that can be more of a positive influence on a guy like Pickens.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 4:48 pm

They declined Najee's fifth year option... gotta see what they are trying to accomplish with that move.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:04 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
They declined Najee's fifth year option... gotta see what they are trying to accomplish with that move.

I have a feeling he'll get a contract.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:21 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I do too. A 3 year with some guaranteed money something to make both sides comfortable and let him know he is valued as a Steeler and take the pressure off both sides.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:51 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I do too. A 3 year with some guaranteed money something to make both sides comfortable and let him know he is valued as a Steeler and take the pressure off both sides.

this ^^^

they have some cap wiggle room this year to increase his 2024 pay instead of a big increase  in the future.

i wish they would stop treating 1000 yds as a milestone. 1000 may have been impressive for a 14 game season, but not a 16 or 17 game season. 1200 is the new 1000.
1000 divided by 14 = 71.42 yds a game
1200 divided by 17 = 70.5 yds a game

Stella Nation, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:44 pm

Jville DID pick up travis etienne's 5th year option. the jags have to pay 6.143 mill, compared to the 6.790 the steelers would have had to pay. the difference between the cost is because harris has had more playing time.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

this ^^^

they have some cap wiggle room this year to increase his 2024 pay instead of a big increase  in the future.

i wish they would stop treating 1000 yds as a milestone. 1000 may have been impressive for a 14 game season, but not a 16 or 17 game season. 1200 is the new 1000.

Here's to hoping his numbers go up significantly with the revamped Oline. Chuks, Cole and Moore gone should help him out.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptyThu May 02, 2024 10:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

this ^^^

Here's to hoping his numbers go up significantly with the revamped Oline. Chuks, Cole and Moore gone should help him out.
art moats said on his podcast, that jerry dulac said that dan moore WOULD BE the week one starter. i thought myself they would pull some stupid shit like that. they did it with jones, so why not the new number one pick ? depth chart 2625562446
4th round rookie moore was good enough to start, but not your 1st round picks ? fucking morons. depth chart 3211927700

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptySat May 04, 2024 3:51 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

this ^^^

art moats said on his podcast, that jerry dulac said that dan moore WOULD BE  the week one starter. i thought myself they would pull some stupid shit like that. they did it with jones, so why not the new number one pick ? depth chart 2625562446
4th round rookie moore was good enough to start, but not your 1st round picks ? fucking morons. depth chart 3211927700

Honestly I don't see Moore being anything but a backup. The fact that they traded Pickett leads me to believe they are now willing to cut losses.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptySat May 04, 2024 7:33 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

this ^^^

art moats said on his podcast, that jerry dulac said that dan moore WOULD BE  the week one starter. i thought myself they would pull some stupid shit like that. they did it with jones, so why not the new number one pick ? depth chart 2625562446

Honestly I don't see Moore being anything but a backup. The fact that they traded Pickett leads me to believe they are now willing to cut losses.

Tomlin doesn't like to admit he makes mistakes. He will let Moore start over the Round 1 picks.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptySun May 05, 2024 12:26 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

this ^^^

Tomlin doesn't like to admit he makes mistakes. He will let Moore start over the Round 1 picks.
. He probably will. The rookie first year fatigue is real. That's why Jones didn't start early on. I'd expect we might see the same approach with Troy. But at Center, Frazier might start day one. Because, Center.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptySun May 05, 2024 9:14 am

Meh, Dulac has been wrong about as much as he's been right lately. Speculation is a great way to get paid.

I coached a kid who had a recruitment trip to Michigan State. They played (and got thoroughly whipped) be Washington.  His dad was telling me back then that the Washington left tackle was in total control the entire game. He just moved people at will. He also said the guy was completely jacked and didn't have the chunk that most o-linemen usually have. He said Fautanu had his jersey pulled up just under his breastplate and there was no gut hanging out. He'll start in the first regular season game.

solardave, Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart EmptySun May 05, 2024 1:35 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Meh, Dulac has been wrong about as much as he's been right lately. Speculation is a great way to get paid.

I coached a kid who had a recruitment trip to Michigan State. They played (and got thoroughly whipped) be Washington.  His dad was telling me back then that the Washington left tackle was in total control the entire game. He just moved people at will. He also said the guy was completely jacked and didn't have the chunk that most o-linemen usually have. He said Fautanu had his jersey pulled up just under his breastplate and there was no gut hanging out. He'll start in the first regular season game.
I would LOVE to have both Fautanu and Frazier starting Day One.  My concern would be the rookie wall, so they'd still have to manage their load.  17 games is too many.  And now they are thinking about going to 18.  Its ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart Empty

Back to top Go down

depth chart
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next