Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homedepth chart - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

depth chart

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

depth chart - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 2:29 am

i saw an OTA report that said dan moore was at LT, jones at RT,  and nate herbig was at C on the first team oline.
the 2nd team had jones at LT , frazier at C and fautanu at RT.

dont panic Randy, it is only OTA's. depth chart - Page 4 1401235891

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 3:12 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i saw an OTA report that said dan moore was at LT, jones at RT,  and nate herbig was at C on the first team oline.
the 2nd team had jones at LT , frazier at C and fautanu at RT.

dont panic Randy, it is only OTA's. depth chart - Page 4 1401235891

WHAAAAA????? depth chart - Page 4 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:41 pm

i have been saying that they havent even replaced Tuitt yet, but i think they have with Keeanu Benton. i expect him to take reps away from Ogunjobi this year. he got 43% of the snaps last year because of cams injury, Loudermilk was definitely the big loser with the Benton selection. he got only 16% of the snaps. it was almost a 6% bump over 10% the previous year, but he clearly has fell out of any future plans. Benton was even getting game reps last season at NT.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2024 11:47 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i have been saying that they havent even replaced Tuitt yet, but i think they have with Keeanu Benton. i expect him to take reps away from Ogunjobi this year. he got 43% of the snaps last year because of cams injury, Loudermilk was definitely the big loser with the Benton selection. he got only 16% of the snaps. it was almost a 6% bump over 10% the previous year, but he clearly has fell out of any future plans. Benton was even getting game reps last season at NT.
I had high hopes for Lowdermilk. Partially because when I was younger, I was on an all star team that wrestled against a German exchange team at an event in Salem (Ohio), and Kirk Lowdermilk was one of my teammates. Kirk played in the NFL later. So when we drafted Isaiah, I thought he might be a relative (he isn't, as far as I was able to determine). But Isaiah hasn't really panned out.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 1:46 am

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
I had high hopes for Lowdermilk.  Partially because when I was younger, I was on an all star team that wrestled against a German exchange team at an event in Salem (Ohio), and Kirk Lowdermilk was one of my teammates.  Kirk played in the NFL later.  So when we drafted Isaiah, I thought he might be a relative (he isn't, as far as I was able to determine).  But Isaiah hasn't really panned out.
loudermilk weighed in at 274 lbs at the combine depth chart - Page 4 1505004552  perhaps he slimmed down to have a better performance at the combine. i mean 274 should have been light even for a college 3-4 DE which he played at wisconsin. the steelers took him just for that reason. they even said so. NFL.com has him listed at 293 lbs now. the steelers cut chris wormly despite him being a more productive player thinking Lmilk or leal would step up. IT DIDNT HAPPEN. No
I would think the odds of either being on the roster this year is pretty low.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Tue May 28, 2024 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 2:05 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
I had high hopes for Lowdermilk.  Partially because when I was younger, I was on an all star team that wrestled against a German exchange team at an event in Salem (Ohio), and Kirk Lowdermilk was one of my teammates.  Kirk played in the NFL later.  So when we drafted Isaiah, I thought he might be a relative (he isn't, as far as I was able to determine).  But Isaiah hasn't really panned out.
loudermilk weighed in at 274 lbs at the combine depth chart - Page 4 1505004552  perhaps he slimmed down to have a better performance at the combine. i mean 274 should have been light even for a college 3-4 DE which he played at wisconsin. the steelers took him just for that reason. they even said so. NFL.com has him listed at 293 lbs now. the steelers cut chris wormly despite him being a more productive player thinking Lmilk or leal would step up. IT DIDNT HAPPEN. No

All this leads me to believe that we will need strong play from TJ/Alex coming off of the edges while the ILBs Wilson?/Queen play the run. Benton played well for a rookie but I think he needs to take the next step and become a leader. I don't know much about Lowry but he will need to contribute in a big way. We don't know what will happen with Cam either so there's that ? We went into the draft with a lot of needs. Too many of them on Offense. Even though they didn't get a "top tier" WR I think Wilson is going to be a Hines type WR minus the smile.
It kinda looks like we're thin on the Dline unless either Loudermilk or Leal step up.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 3:03 am

solardave wrote:

I don't know much about Lowry but he will need to contribute in a big way.

here is some highlights from an article from last year, but  i'll sum it up for you anyway. dude suffered 2 injuries during the season, a groin and a torn pec. but even when he was playing, he was not playing well and was getting his playing time cut.  depth chart - Page 4 1505004552
i think the best we can hope for is chris wormly production. which leads me to the question of why are they paying him 2.5 million when they could have had worms back for vet minimum ...less than half the money ?

Quote :
Lowry sustained a torn pectoral muscle injury during the team’s 21-20 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday, November 19, and was placed on injured reserve Monday

Quote :
“He’ll have to have that surgically repaired, and he will go on IR in the short term here.”

Quote :
A 2016 fourth-round pick by the Green Bay Packers, Lowry spent seven seasons in Green Bay before signing a two-year, $8.5 million deal with the Vikings in the offseason.

Quote :
Lowry has played in nine games and made four starts this season.

Quote :
While Lowry was a priority free agent this spring, his usage in Brian Flores’ defense has tapered off in recent weeks.

After playing 225 defensive snaps through seven weeks, Lowry suffered a groin injury in Week 8 against the Packers. He played just three snaps that game and had missed the previous two games before Week 11.

Quote :
Lowry ranked 157th among 194 defensive tackles this season with a 47.4 defensive grade by Pro Football Focus (PFF).
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 7:45 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

I don't know much about Lowry but he will need to contribute in a big way.

here is some highlights from an article from last year, but  i'll sum it up for you anyway. dude suffered 2 injuries during the season, a groin and a torn pec. but even when he was playing, he was not playing well and was getting his playing time cut.  depth chart - Page 4 1505004552
i think the best we can hope for is chris wormly production. which leads me to the question of why are they paying him 2.5 million when they could have had worms back for vet minimum ...less than half the money ?

Quote :
Lowry sustained a torn pectoral muscle injury during the team’s 21-20 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday, November 19, and was placed on injured reserve Monday

Quote :
“He’ll have to have that surgically repaired, and he will go on IR in the short term here.”

Quote :
A 2016 fourth-round pick by the Green Bay Packers, Lowry spent seven seasons in Green Bay before signing a two-year, $8.5 million deal with the Vikings in the offseason.

Thanks. Now knowing what he brings leaves a lot to be desired. I also wasn't aware that Wormley could have been resigned. So who do you think will be the biggest help not named Heyward or Benton?

Quote :
Lowry has played in nine games and made four starts this season.

Quote :
While Lowry was a priority free agent this spring, his usage in Brian Flores’ defense has tapered off in recent weeks.

After playing 225 defensive snaps through seven weeks, Lowry suffered a groin injury in Week 8 against the Packers. He played just three snaps that game and had missed the previous two games before Week 11.

Quote :
Lowry ranked 157th among 194 defensive tackles this season with a 47.4 defensive grade by Pro Football Focus (PFF).

So he's a run of the mill DT. We have a few of them. Maybe either Leal or Loudermilk seperates this year.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Tuitt retiring early fucked the DL up pretty bad. Kinda same boat as Shazier's injury. They didn't have draft capital to deal with it. Ogenjobi is a pure waste of money but we are stuckw with him for this year and they whiffed on Leal
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2024 10:34 pm

as i said, i expect benton to siphon snaps away from Ogunjobi. he and cam will get the lions share. he exceeded expectations for a rookie Dlinemen. the amount of playing time proved that. weeks 8 and 9 he was getting around 65% of the snaps. weeks 10 and 11 he got over 50% of the snaps. Cam returned from injury in week 8. i suspect the mid season surge in snap count was due to the opponents. teams that were likely going to lean heavy on the run. they had tennessee, GB, Clev and burrowless Cinn. a lot of bentons snaps he lined up at NT. the past few years it was usually Cam kicking inside.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 1:09 am

https://steelersnow.com/keeanu-benton-emerging-as-leader-on-steelers-defense/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2024 8:06 am

Looks like they brought back Tyler Matekavich (sp?). I'm personally happy to see Dirty Red back. Dude is a special teams demon and offers a little bit of depth and experience at ILB. Probably going to push Mark Robinson off the roster come the start of regular season I'm guessing.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 5:13 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Looks like they brought back Tyler Matekavich (sp?). I'm personally happy to see Dirty Red back. Dude is a special teams demon and offers a little bit of depth and experience at ILB. Probably going to push Mark Robinson off the roster come the start of regular season I'm guessing.

remember...for every vet that will never be anything close to starter quality occupying a roster spot... a young guy doesnt get a chance to explore his ceiling.
if the bird in hand is next to useless look at the two in the bush.
Matekavich and mark robinson have had their chance to find their ceiling, its time to turn over new stones.
i dont think being just a good special teamer alone warrants a roster spot. if you know your next man up comes with a big drop off in production at the position, then he shouldnt be on the roster.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

remember...for every vet that will never be anything close to starter quality occupying a roster spot... a young guy doesnt get a chance to explore his ceiling.
if the bird in hand is next to useless look at the two in the bush.
Matekavich and mark robinson have had their chance to find their ceiling, its time to turn over new stones.
i dont think being just a good special teamer alone warrants a roster spot. if you know your next man up comes with a big drop off in production at the position, then he shouldnt be on the roster.

Comfortable with mediocrity...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2024 9:28 pm

Sometimes, though, the young guys just aren't ready. In that case its better to have someone who is functional and can help win games.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 6:17 am

Great Randino wrote:
Sometimes, though, the young guys just aren't ready.  In that case its better to have someone who is functional and can help win games.
The deal is though with FA and salary cap you can't wait too long on these young guys.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:00 am

wow what a novel idea...using your giant athletic TE in the passing game.. depth chart - Page 4 2829330259

Steelers QB Russell Wilson highlights rising star he wants to give more targets to

The Steelers’ quarterback has a certain target in mind

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Steelers report for training camp today, and they will begin practices on Thursday.

Ahead of getting on the field, though, Steelers quarterback Russell Wilson spoke to the media and highlighted one rising star in particular that he wants to get the ball to.

Wilson said he wants to make second-year tight end Darnell Washington the ball and see him get more targets than he did in 2023.

Washington was selected in the third round by the Steelers in the 2023 NFL Draft, and was utilized as a blocking tight end more than anything, catching only seven passes for 61 yards as a rookie.

Washington looked very good in the offseason program, and seemed to be building a good rapport with both quarterbacks, especially Justin Fields who compared him to Jimmy Graham.

Russell Wilson praised his WR and TE rooms. Did find one part of his analysis is of the rooms interesting.

He said that he wants to get Darnell Washington the ball more. I guess we’ll see on that. But something to note.
— Nick Farabaugh (@FarabaughFB) July 24, 2024

In an Arthur Smith offense, we should see the 6-foot-7 specimen get more looks as a receiver. Specifically, I’d love to see the Steelers turn him into a massive red zone threat in any way they can. As a jump-ball tight end, as a fullback who could get carries inside the five yard-line, over the middle of the end zone - any way they can to his his size to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyToday at 3:54 am

Regarding Matekavich I mean Special Teams is an important facet of the game so I don't have a problem bringing Dirty Red back because a guy like Mark Robinson really has hit his ceiling and I think his ceiling is being similar to Vince Williams. An old school backer that could run and hit but is suspect in pass pro. We've got more athletic options now at MLB so adding some potential veteran depth at the end of the depth chart for MLB that can also play special teams doesn't seem like a bad move to me. About the first time he blocks a punt or makes a huge play on a returner people will be on board with this signing.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 EmptyToday at 7:05 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Regarding Matekavich I mean Special Teams is an important facet of the game so I don't have a problem bringing Dirty Red back because a guy like Mark Robinson really has hit his ceiling and I think his ceiling is being similar to Vince Williams. An old school backer that could run and hit but is suspect in pass pro. We've got more athletic options now at MLB so adding some potential veteran depth at the end of the depth chart for MLB that can also play special teams doesn't seem like a bad move to me. About the first time he blocks a punt or makes a huge play on a returner all you whinners will be on board with this signing.

Fixed it for you. depth chart - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: depth chart   depth chart - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

depth chart
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4