Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOverrated bands/artists - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Overrated bands/artists

Go down 
+11
Bays
La Flama Blanca
solardave
steelerdude15
SteelCityMom
SteelersYak
mcg24
JonM229
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:29 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Also, they're a bunch of filthy Irishmen

HEY!!!!!!!!!!! Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 2672159185

WATCH IT, ME BOY-O!!!!!! Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 2625562446

I was waiting for someone to get offended.

I'll give ya the business end of me shillelagh! Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 3798349058

Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 MonkShillelagh6

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:12 pm

And I'll sue you for assault.

See, we both can do things our people are good at.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:53 am

JonM229 wrote:
And I'll sue you for assault.

See, we both can do things our people are good at.

Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 1549491426 Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 1549491426 Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 1549491426

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 am

Of course, Lollapalooza has to have two headlining artists that I can't stand: Eminem and Coldplay.

I hate rap, especially rappers who think they are clever. Coldplay is just a cheap knockoff of U2, who I already mentioned are awful.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 am

JonM229 wrote:
Of course, Lollapalooza has to have two headlining artists that I can't stand: Eminem and Coldplay.

I hate rap, especially rappers who think they are clever. Coldplay is just a cheap knockoff of U2, who I already mentioned are awful.

Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 2217377625 what horrible headliners

really lollapalooza eminiem and coldplay headlining Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 294855916
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 am

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

really lollapalooza eminiem and coldplay headlining Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 294855916

The other two headliners are Muse and Foo Fighters. Neither of which really do anything for me.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Lollapalooza used to be THE concert to go to back in the day. Now it's just a mishmash of flavors of the month (I do like Foo Fighters a lot though).

I remember going to the 2nd Lollapalooza in 1992 (my first) to see Pearl Jam (who were JUST hitting it), Soundgarden, Ministry (absolutely awesome!), Red Hot Chili Peppers (before they COMPLETELY sold out), Jesus and Mary Chain, Ice Cube and Lush. That was one of the best concerts I ever went to in my life and I've been to a lot.

I also attended from '93-'95 before bowing out altogether. I knew as soon as Metallica headlined in '96, it was the beginning of the end. I never went back.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:25 pm

JonM229 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

The other two headliners are Muse and Foo Fighters. Neither of which really do anything for me.

Muse is my favorite band of all time. They are incredible live, they bring so much energy during their live shows and their music is very original. I can understand how someone might not like them, but you gotta admit they make quality music. Foo Fighters I don't really care a whole lot for.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:10 pm

I'll have to say Bon Jovi next. WTF? I don't get it. They had a couple of listenable songs, but greatest band to ever hail from New Jersey? Top 40 hits all over the place? C'mon!!!! Triumph The Insult Comic Dog said it best........

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm shocked nobody has said Nickelback. This is the worst band in a LOOOOONG time. The fans in this video know it.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

mcg24 wrote:
Muse is my favorite band of all time. They are incredible live, they bring so much energy during their live shows and their music is very original. I can understand how someone might not like them, but you gotta admit they make quality music. Foo Fighters I don't really care a whole lot for.

I wasn't knocking them. The only song of theirs I know if "The Uprising" which I like. I just haven't heard enough of their stuff to want to go see them. And there's other bands playing this year that I would like to see, but I'm not going to sit through the tons of crappy bands playing. Also, ticket prices are outrageous.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 pm

JonM229 wrote:
mcg24 wrote:

I wasn't knocking them. The only song of theirs I know if "The Uprising" which I like. I just haven't heard enough of their stuff to want to go see them. And there's other bands playing this year that I would like to see, but I'm not going to sit through the tons of crappy bands playing. Also, ticket prices are outrageous.

Oh I know, I was just giving you my little Muse speech I suppose Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 1797695198

To be honest, Uprising is one of my least favorite songs from them. It's very "mainstream" if you will, they have a lot better stuff out there. If you wanna check em out more, I would highly encourage you to do so, if not, they aren't for everyone.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'll have to say Bon Jovi next. WTF? I don't get it. They had a couple of listenable songs, but greatest band to ever hail from New Jersey? Top 40 hits all over the place? C'mon!!!! Triumph The Insult Comic Dog said it best........

ageed, i hate that band

side note: i just realized we had a truck smiley Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 2278276204
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 am

mcg24 wrote:
I'm shocked nobody has said Nickelback. This is the worst band in a LOOOOONG time. The fans in this video know it.

yep, another bad one
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 am

OK, I've been saving this one .... Pearl Jam.
WAAAAAY overrated in my opinion. I loved their first two albums. But since then, they haven't done too much that I've liked.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 am

Wallace108 wrote:
WAAAAAY overrated in my opinion. I loved their first two albums. But since then, they haven't done too much that I've liked.

I liked Eddie Vedder's solo stuff.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am

Wallace108 wrote:

I'm not fan of Pearl Jam either. I once met this guy who was wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt. We had a conversation that went like this:

Me: Pearl Jam, huh?
Him (excitedly): Yeah
Me: Nah (walks away)

That guy ended up being the Best Man at my wedding.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 am

i dont think these guys have been mentioned yet but certainly need to be

worst band ever

poison

still working on posting pics there should have been one here Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 294855916
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm

vasteeler wrote:

worst band ever

poison

80's hair metal is generally awful

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm

JonM229 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

worst band ever

poison

80's music is generally awful

more appropriate
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:02 pm

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

worst band ever

poison

80's music is generally awful

more appropriate

Agreed, can't believe I missed that one

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:19 pm

I think 80s music gets a bad rap. Like with any decade, there was great, good, bad, and downright awful. I don't think today's music is any better than what was around in the 80s. In fact, I see a lot of similarities.

A little off topic, but what I miss in music is singer-songwriters like Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, and Don McLean.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:54 pm

New Wave blows. The only good band to come out of the 80's was The Pixies

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:10 pm

JonM229 wrote:
New Wave blows. The only good band to come out of the 80's was The Pixies

.... and Kajagoogoo. Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Fucking. Lady. Gaga. Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 2744185472

There's a lot of bands/artists now that I despise...she tops the list though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated bands/artists
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next