Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOverrated bands/artists - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Overrated bands/artists

Go down 
+11
Bays
La Flama Blanca
solardave
steelerdude15
SteelCityMom
SteelersYak
mcg24
JonM229
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:45 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
Overrated..... Neil Young, Kiss, and Kid Rock

You take that back!

Kiss rocks.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:06 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
Metallica. They are the definition of overrated in my mind. They have 2 songs that are tolerable but the rest all start to sound the same and I begin to hear a faint "hum" when my roommate would listen to them.

Really America? You thought they were good enough for a whole Guitar Hero game to be dedicated to them? Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1505004552
I wasn't crazy about Metallica's last few albums. But their earlier stuff (Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All) are phenomenal. When I was younger, all my friends loved Metallica and I could never figure out why. It took me quite a while to get into them.

Black was the beginning of the end and Reload was a load of shit!! Ride the lightning is one of my all time favs
I know a lot of long-time Metallica fans hated the Black album because that was the point where the band started selling out. But I do love that album. Load and Reload are OK but nothing great. I haven't liked anything since.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:18 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I know a lot of long-time Metallica fans hated the Black album because that was the point where the band started selling out. But I do love that album. Load and Reload are OK but nothing great. I haven't liked anything since.

What about the album they did with Lou Reed? I heard he got death threats from Metallica fans they hated it so much.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 am

JonM229 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

What about the album they did with Lou Reed? I heard he got death threats from Metallica fans they hated it so much.

That album is really, REALLY bad.

Once you hit the 27-second mark, you'll shit brix.

Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
La Flama Blanca wrote:

You take that back!

Kiss rocks.

I do like some kiss music... I was thinking ACDC might be more overrated

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
La Flama Blanca wrote:

You take that back!

Kiss rocks.

I do like some kiss music... I was thinking ACDC might be more overrated

You, sir, have just stabbed me straight through the heart with a salt-crusted dagger. Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 3099145561

Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1797695198

Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

I'm going to catch hell for a couple of these, but here goes:

Ozzy is way over-rated. He has sucked since Randy Rhodes died.

The Rolling Stones...I just don't get it.

Bob Dylan...I can't understand anything he says.

The Doors

Elton John

On the flip side, one of my favorite bands of the 80's that was way ahead of their time was Blondie

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 am

Wallace108 wrote:
La Flama Blanca wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
Metallica. They are the definition of overrated in my mind. They have 2 songs that are tolerable but the rest all start to sound the same and I begin to hear a faint "hum" when my roommate would listen to them.

Really America? You thought they were good enough for a whole Guitar Hero game to be dedicated to them? Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1505004552
I wasn't crazy about Metallica's last few albums. But their earlier stuff (Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All) are phenomenal. When I was younger, all my friends loved Metallica and I could never figure out why. It took me quite a while to get into them.

Black was the beginning of the end and Reload was a load of shit!! Ride the lightning is one of my all time favs

Didn't they do an album with Mannheim Steamroller or the TSO or something?

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 am

Metallica S&M was a symphony album they did.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Now here's a subject I can really get on board with, especially because the buck stops rolling right on their fans' heads......I'll give my top 3.

1) Kid Rock - Boy, oh boy is this guy mediocre, and in every genre to boot. As if being overrated wasn't bad enough, he's also a shameless copycat who samples quality songs only to insert his own meaningless drivel into them. At least he clued everyone in to his wannabe status by inserting the word "Rock" into his name, and as everyone with brains knows, if you have the word "rock" in your name it means you don't rock. The biggest insult to me was during a USO tour, when he and 2 other celebrities sat and listened to music performed by the troops, and then gave them their opinions. Kid Fuck, being the fuck that he is, told one particular group "On a real level, you suck," which is the biggest case of pot-and-the-kettle syndrome I've ever seen. Don't believe me? Just follow the link: https://youtu.be/9AMiyID2_PE?t=154 Fuck this guy.

2) Poison - Speaking of names that clue you in, these guys decided to go literal with theirs. And I'm not kidding, you're not going to toxify a wave of music much quicker than these guys did. "Wait a minute!" you say.....am I blaming the death of hair metal on Poison? Yes....I am. Not to say that hair metal bands were always epic, but they had plenty of bright spots amongst them, only to have a slew of mediocre knock-offs attempt to emulate their success. So, the first time I saw these "guys":

Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 Poison-Look-What-the-Cat-Dragged-In

I remember thinking "Oh great, another faux-metal group with even bigger hair, freakier looks, and blander music.....I hope they die." But alas, they didn't crash fast enough and only got more popular, so to me they looked like the final festering sore on an already bloated style of music. And as the most appropriately named band of all-time, I feel they definitely "Poisoned" rock music as we knew it. Look at what shit the cat dragged in, indeed.

3) Hinder - Yeah, I know these guys basically aren't around anymore, but the fact they enjoyed any form of notoriety at all makes me want to puke in my hat. And go figure, they also picked a highly appropriate name that should've been a sign to everyone. Of course, they sounded an awful lot like the most popular band of that time period, Nickelback, but didn't bother themselves with making any good songs. Were they a "Hinderance" to rock music of the time? I'd say they were definitely the biggest boat anchor of their day, and like others before them, marked the decline in a particular phase of rock. Thank God they were brief, so I can be too.

So, those are the big ones for me, even though I have a bunch of honorable mentions, with the big difference being these bands actually put out some epic songs:

Nirvana - Oh, they were a great band, but I actually prefer Foo Fighters, who I believe have eclipsed them since.
Led Zeppelin - Another great band, but for some reason I really don't like Robert Plant's voice, so it ruins otherwise quality music for me. Sure you could say "But Bob Dylan had an awful voice," and that would be true, but no one ever claimed he had a even a good voice, let alone a great one.
Guns N' Roses - Just like Plant, Axel Rose's voice can really hit some grating notes in my ear canal, and somewhat spoil epic rock music.
Rage Against the Machine - More incredible rockers who only drop points on lyrical/vocal content, with just a little too much "Raging" for my tastes. Their lyrics can get repetitive, and sometimes I get burnt out hearing all about how much our government sucks, and our world's fucked up. Plus, like Foo Fighters to Nirvana, I prefer Audioslave.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 am

Steel Peon wrote:
1) Kid Rock

Study Links Drinking While Pregnant to Being at Kid Rock Concert

Quote :
ROCHESTER, MN—A comprehensive five-year study conducted by researchers at the Mayo Clinic has identified a strong link between heavy drinking during pregnancy and attending a public performance by Detroit-based rap-rocker Kid Rock, officials confirmed Wednesday. “Our survey found that expectant mothers who consumed hard liquor were far more likely to be at a Kid Rock concert than a control group who did not drink,” said Dr. Lawrence Talmage, whose research also indicated that 78.3 percent of women who drank to intoxication while pregnant were wearing shredded T-shirts and riding atop the presumed father’s shoulders during encores of “All Summer Long” and “Bawitdaba.” “Across all three trimesters, drinking three or more alcoholic beverages in less than an hour was highly correlated with going backstage at a Kid Rock show and then getting into a fistfight with another woman in the parking lot.” The study also suggested that combining recreational drug use with drinking during pregnancy made women twice as likely to scream “Sign my titty!” outside the band’s tour bus.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1664291743 Lol! I know it's the Onion, but it kinda feels like they're not too godawful far away from the truth.

Last edited by Steel Peon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steel Peon wrote:

Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1664291743 Lol! I know it's the Onion, but it kinda feels like they're not too godawful far away from the truth.

Their best satire is when I can't tell if they're making shit up or not.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

The Beatles, they suck, and I don't really like any of their songs.

I grew up a 90's metal head listening to metallica / megadeth / pantera / ozzy /etc, and didn't register beatles as 'rock'

metallica's newest stuff (basically anything after the black album) was terrible. Old metallica was awesome though
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
The Beatles, they suck, and I don't really like any of their songs.

I grew up a 90's metal head listening to metallica / megadeth / pantera / ozzy /etc, and didn't register beatles as 'rock'

metallica's newest stuff (basically anything after the black album) was terrible. Old metallica was awesome though

How about Metallica and Lou Reed's album?

Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Not that I needed validation on anything, but I just stumbled onto a Ronnie James Dio quote on Youtube, and he basically felt the same way I did. Classic quote: "That should be an emblem somewhere, you know? 'Poison killed everything (metal).' Things that come out and wear make up, what's that all about? That's not metal....sorry it's just not." Go Ronnie, wherever you are!

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 4:01 pm

I've always thought Poison, Kiss, and Motley Crue were extremely overrated.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
Not that I needed validation on anything, but I just stumbled onto a Ronnie James Dio quote on Youtube, and he basically felt the same way I did. Classic quote: "That should be an emblem somewhere, you know? 'Poison killed everything (metal).' Things that come out and wear make up, what's that all about? That's not metal....sorry it's just not." Go Ronnie, wherever you are!

i dont think it has anything to do with their make-up......their music itself was not metal.....not even close. i think a lot of hair bands incorrectly get labeled metal bands

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i think a lot of hair bands incorrectly get labeled musicians

Fixed Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1797695198

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
i think a lot of hair bands incorrectly get labeled musicians

Fixed Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 1797695198

how dare you? Winger fucking ruled!!! Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 2:01 am

Another great video about overrated rock bands, and this time the featured band's leader actually hates his own biggest hit.

How can you be more overrated than a band that KNOWS it's overrated? These guys win.

PostSubject: Re: Overrated bands/artists   Overrated bands/artists - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated bands/artists
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4