Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones

Go down 
+45
Steeler-in-west
BKAnthem
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
JPPT1974
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Stryker
schillah
steelerdude15
Atlanta Dan
lotas
ImperialFan
marvology
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
HeinzMustard
DesertSteel
tony hipchest
jak341
Chaotic Zen
SteelerFreak58
Craziaskowboi
BlackAndGold
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerSpartan
steelcityboyz
steelersrush
Wallace108
Stella Nation
SteelCityUnderground
FrancoLambert
ETL
steelcrazy
pczach
harrison'samonster
steelstoned1972
Buddha Bus
fer69
vasteeler
Lokki
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
PhantomJB93
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Tomlin On Jarvis Jones: “He’s Been Solid”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/tomlin-on-jarvis-jones-hes-been-solid/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Tomlin on Josh Scobee after losing the first game to the Patriots*-

" no, I am NOT concerned about him at all."

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 2087824411

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Tomlin on Josh Scobee after losing the first game to the Patriots**-

" no, I am NOT concerned about him at all."

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 2087824411

Give him a break, Tomlin said he has been solid.

I had a movement this morning that was solid, It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 3146839497 ....kind of reminds me of #95 production so far.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 4:20 am

I too was a big defender of Jarvis Jones in the past. Three years now, time to put up or shut up and he hasn't done anything to wow anybody. He was a first round pick, expectations come with that. I feel as though I've seen more from Bud Dupree in his very young rookie season, than I ever really saw with Jarvis Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I too was a big defender of Jarvis Jones in the past. Three years now, time to put up or shut up and he hasn't done anything to wow anybody. He was a first round pick, expectations come with that. I feel as though I've seen more from Bud Dupree in his very young rookie season, than I ever really saw with Jarvis Jones.

Agree, Dupree shows more quickness off the snap, better bend around the edge and use of his hands against rushers. His size is better suited to play the LOLB, but maybe his better pass rush skills mean he ends up on the right side. Perhaps Jones and Dupree can coexist but on the opposite sides of the defense...but Jones definitely showed that his game was not worthy of a 1st round grade, but more like a 3rd or 4th round value. It happens huh.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:09 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Have to agree with you here. Buds shows "fight," JJ does not.

And Bud's upside is a great deal higher, you can see it already.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 am

I'm getting that "Ziggy Hood" feeling with Jones. Only starting due to lack of options, makes a few plays here and there, but is no way an consistent or impact player.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 am

jak341 wrote:
makes a few plays here and there...

i wouldnt even say that. in 4 games he only has 4 tackles, 5 assists, and of course 0 sacks, pressures, or passes defensed.

maybe teams are just going away from him like JJ Watt. It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 106674522

. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 am

Hopefully Chickillo becomes a gem. I'd hate to see them use another 1st round pick on an OLB.

The 2013 draft class was weak. Most of the players drafted before Jarvis are bust.

Eric Reid or Desmond Trufant would have been nice though.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:24 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Chaotic Zen wrote:
Jarvis Jones is stunting Chickillo's development.

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1549491426

Thanks, I needed a good laugh for the day and this post did it.

You're welcome It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 184121345
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Hopefully Chickillo becomes a gem. I'd hate to see them use another 1st round pick on an OLB.

The 2013 draft class was weak. Most of the players drafted before Jarvis are bust.

Eric Reid or Desmond Trufant would have been nice though.

or Alec Ogletree...
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 pm

...Or any kicker

. .
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:18 pm

DesertSteel wrote:

The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones. It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:24 pm

pczach wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

It's hard to listen to someone constantly trash one second year player while they tell everyone else it's time to shut up about another...

Oh and the reason Jarvis Jones hasn't been successful is because our stupid defensive coaches don't use him how the Kansas City Chiefs use Justin Houston.

. .

Last edited by tony hipchest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
pczach wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

Absolutely. I get it.

You're right. He wouldn't give Mike Adams the same patience and understanding he was giving to Jarvis Jones. I told him that he wasn't being consistent, and that was the reason people were killing him about it.

I was just doing a teegre-like re-cap of the Jarvis Jones/SteelersCanada soap opera, and what led up to it.

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

pczach wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
pczach wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Absolutely. I get it.

You're right. He wouldn't give Mike Adams the same patience and understanding he was giving to Jarvis Jones. I told him that he wasn't being consistent, and that was the reason people were killing him about it.

I was just doing a teegre-like re-cap of the Jarvis Jones/SteelersCanada soap opera, and what led up to it.

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1664291743

No... He doesn't.

. .
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

can we have more threads debating Mike Adams vs. Jarvis Jones, and also more Mike Wallace please It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
can we have more threads debating Mike Adams vs. Jarvis Jones, and also more Mike Wallace please It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198
we got to see how long it takes Mike Adams to replace Kelvin Beachum once he returns from his injury.

Well Jones is a bust as a first round pick, I don't think he is a bust as a player. I don't think you should be fired and should finish out his contract at least next year here in Pittsburgh, as a backup if nothing else.

. .
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
pczach wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
pczach wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Absolutely. I get it.

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1664291743

No... He doesn't.

I was underselling that statement a little bit! It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 2573146105
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:28 pm

tony hipchest wrote:

It's hard to listen to someone constantly trash one second year player while they tell everyone else it's time to shut up about another...

Oh and the reason Jarvis Jones hasn't been successful is because our stupid defensive coaches don't use him how the Kansas City Chiefs use Justin Houston.

Thank you, Zach.

Tony, you and I have battled each other over a lot of (often silly) things, but this is one thing I won't fight you on. Adams' consistent poor play followed by little progression in any area of his game led to me being hypocritical and perhaps too hard on Adams. I didn't extend the same courtesy to Adams and I likely should have -- again, another fair point.

I've been disappointed with Jones' play so far this season and it's unfortunate how unproductive he has been to this point. In a lot of ways, Jones and Adams have a lot of the same technical flaws that I believe will prevent them from being anything more than rotational depth players in this league. Jones still relies too heavily on his athleticism and Adams still struggles in pass protection with his kickslide. Their biggest areas of concern and areas that needed the most improvement have seen little to no progress.

If Jones' play doesn't considerably improve from now to the end of the season, it's time to start looking for someone who can complement Dupree on the right side. I do not believe that player is on the roster right now, Chickillo included.

Side note: I have never and will never understand the infatuation with Chickillo on here. He's a converted defensive end that hasn't shown the ability and athleticism to properly transition to OLB. Howard Jones -- another player I preached patience and willingness to develop and said should've made this years 53 -- just registered his second sack for the Bucs today. Looks like we may have kept the wrong Jones.

Side note 2: It's interesting to mention the Chiefs and Jones, because under Butler, the defensive ends are being asked to play one-gap and get pressure up the middle instead of trying to play Heyward like a 2-gap, traditional 5-tech DE. Though I won't open that particular can of worms again.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:37 pm

pczach wrote:

At this point, it always cracks me up how massive that thread became and how it transitioned over here.

Wasn't it one of the biggest threads on SF?
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:51 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
pczach wrote:

At this point, it always cracks me up how massive that thread became and how it transitioned over here.

SteelersCanada is still here! Haven't talked to you in a long time!

It did go on and on, I think the only three people who really read it though was you, Tony, and El-Gonzo!

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 5e9d5249bb41f839972e7eefdc8978f1

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:57 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:

SteelersCanada is still here!  Haven't talked to you in a long time!

It did go on and on, I think the only three people who really read it though was you, Tony, and El-Gonzo!

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 5e9d5249bb41f839972e7eefdc8978f1

HAM - Nice to see you again man. It has indeed been a long time.

I'd say good times, but man oh man that thread got a little... out of control. It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:22 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
pczach wrote:

your legacy will forever live on in infamy... It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next