Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones

Go down 
+45
Steeler-in-west
BKAnthem
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
JPPT1974
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Stryker
schillah
steelerdude15
Atlanta Dan
lotas
ImperialFan
marvology
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
Fire Arians
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
HeinzMustard
DesertSteel
tony hipchest
jak341
Chaotic Zen
SteelerFreak58
Craziaskowboi
BlackAndGold
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerSpartan
steelcityboyz
steelersrush
Wallace108
Stella Nation
SteelCityUnderground
FrancoLambert
ETL
steelcrazy
pczach
harrison'samonster
steelstoned1972
Buddha Bus
fer69
vasteeler
Lokki
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
PhantomJB93
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:27 pm

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/ike-taylor-has-high-expectations-for-jarvis-jones-in-2015/

Even Ike Taylor cant shut up about Jarvis Jones.

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:36 am

Jarvis Jones defensive player of the year? It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 7:43 am

effyou515 wrote:
Jarvis Jones defensive player of the year? It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 1797695198

He will do what JJ Watt couldn't. Beat Aaron Rodgers to become MVP It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:05 am

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 12:09 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:41 am

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 Bb7c8d3e5b0d946d35ce1e612b9c07d3
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:17 am

Its time for Joey Porter to stop posing in photographs with Jarvis Jones...

. .
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:57 am

tony hipchest wrote:

It's time for Joey Porter to stop trying to replace Ben as the franchise QB.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:06 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

It's time for Joey Porter to stop trying to replace Ben as the franchise QB.

haha! he does have good form.

look at that... shoulders square, elbow up.

. .
Back to top Go down
steelersrush
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:35 pm

I agree with Greg Lloyd.. http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/2/10/8010685/greg-lloyd-says-a-guy-from-his-golf-course-could-do-what-steelers
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:26 pm

steelersrush wrote:
I agree with Greg Lloyd.. http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/2/10/8010685/greg-lloyd-says-a-guy-from-his-golf-course-could-do-what-steelers
Yup, like Greg says he just runs upfield. Pass rushers make their money getting after the OT and getting to the QB. Jones just runs upfield and tries to outrun guys that are superior athletes and technicians compared to himself.

I hope Coach Porter has helped him with his handwork and worked on a counter. I still think fans will be pleasantly surprised with Chickillo, as I think he uses his hands better than Jones from what I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Fact And Fiction: Jarvis Jones, The Pass Rusher

Few players on the Pittsburgh Steelers current roster have been criticized as much as outside linebacker Jarvis Jones throughout the edge rusher’s first two seasons ...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/fact-and-fiction-jarvis-jones-the-pass-rusher/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Few players on the Pittsburgh Steelers current roster have been criticized as much as outside linebacker Jarvis Jones throughout the edge rusher’s first two seasons ...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/fact-and-fiction-jarvis-jones-the-pass-rusher/

Interesting, but I don't agree with the analysis.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Kaboly: Jarvis Jones still dealing with wrist injury

May 28, 2015 by Mark Kaboly

Rehabbing a wrist and being a pass-rushing linebacker in the NFL is a tricky proposition.

If Steelers linebacker Jarvis Jones didn’t figure that out last year when he came back from a dislocated wrist that required surgery only after 10 weeks, he sure does now.

The Steelers finished the first week of organized team activities on the South Side on Thursday and Jones revealed afterward that he is still dealing with some minor issues with his wrist.

“It was a serious injury and I am still rehabbing it and everything but I still have some strength and motion and mobility stuff I am working on with it,” Jones said.

The Steelers are counting on Jones to take over the full-time role as right outside linebacker even though James Harrison was re-signed in the offseason.

Jones appeared to be well on his way of having a solid second year in the league a season ago. Jones had two sacks in 56 pass rushes and also forced a fumble before dislocating his wrist on possibly his most disruptive play of his career.

to read rest of article:

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2015/05/28/kaboly-jarvis-jones-still-dealing-with-wrist-injury/#ixzz3bUmQX8Hv
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:40 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Jones appeared to be well on his way of having a solid second year in the league a season ago. Jones had two sacks in 56 pass rushes and also forced a fumble before dislocating his wrist on possibly his most disruptive play of his career.

Considering Cam Heyward led the charge with 7.5 sacks, this makes you wonder what might've been.

http://steelcityunderground.com
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:59 am

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Considering Cam Heyward led the charge with 7.5 sacks, this makes you wonder what might've been.

I had the good fortune of being on the 50 yard line of last year's Carolina game (thanks to an awesome wife giving me tickets for my birthday). I can tell you Jones was very disruptive in that game leading up to his injury. He was not a one trick pony that just rushed up field. In fact, if my feeble memory serves me correct, I think he was injured on an inside moved where he hit Cam Newton (causing a fumble). The whole idea that he is a bust is overblown. Timmons was labeled a bust for his first 3 years and look at what a stud he's become. Jones will do well for the Steelers ... so Joey Porter can just shut up about Jarvis Jones already! It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 2913999526
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:06 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

to read rest of article:

Interesting, but I don't agree with the analysis.
ive learned that sometimes you have to take SteelersDepot "analysis" worth a grain of salt. Lots of times they have an agenda, or point they are trying to prove or cling to.

Like this article for example, they will take Jarvis Jones best play out of his 2 year career, and disect every second of the video clip to show his impending potential for greatness.

in the meantime, when the steelers mike adams gives up a single sack in a game, they will disect that play exactly the same, and write 3 articles about it as proof that he sucks and will forever suck (ignoring his 60 good plays where a sack wasnt surrendered.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:44 am

The Steelers took Adams hoping to make him an LT. He's a better RT and has been a solid swing. I'm intrigued to see what the team does with him in a contract year. I still like him for depth, because this team is always one injury away from having a disastrous year with the offensive line, as in 2012 and 2013.

http://steelcityunderground.com
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Fanboy biases in those article and in this thread show thru very much.

Objectively look at Jones from his Georgia tape and you see that while he was productive statistically, he didn't have any pass rush skills, closing speed, great leverage etc. The best way to describe him would be "a good football player that hustles".

Objectively look at him in the pros and he has still been a guy without much pass rush skill, leverage, or closing speed. Nevermind that he doesn't have the quickness to beat LT's to the edge. He still has been "a good football player that hustles.....but has been injured".

I'm hopeful that he can stay healthy, learn some pass rush skills from Porter and has gotten stronger to be able to give opposing linemen more difficulty than he has so far.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:54 pm

For the Jones fans that want to point to his stats and college production, but have not looked at his film to notice that he got a lot of sacks from persistence and the QB hanging onto the football for a long time. Please use this list as an example of how college production relates to NFL pass rush success.

2010 FBS Sack Leaders

Da'Quan Bowers 16 sacks
Bruce Irvin 14
Brandon Jenkins 14
Jonathan Massaquoi 14
Ryan Kerrigan 13
Vinny Curry 12
Nick Fairley 12
Jamari Lattimore 12
Ricky Elmore 11
Chris Carter 11
Von Miller 11
Logan Harrell 11
Mario Addison 11
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:10 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
The Steelers took Adams hoping to make him an LT. He's a better RT and has been a solid swing. I'm intrigued to see what the team does with him in a contract year. I still like him for depth, because this team is always one injury away from having a disastrous year with the offensive line, as in 2012 and 2013.

Agreed. He might be a better run blocker than pass blocker ... which would put him on the right side. However, I think he has more in him than we've seen. So he didn't light it up as a rookie ... gets stabbed in the gut and didn't look good the next year, then couldn't beat out Beachum last year (who's shaping into a pretty solid LT). I thought putting him in as a 3rd TE was awesome because you have a strong run blocker on short yardage and it kept him engaged. Not saying he's an all-pro, but I'd like to see more of him this year because I think he can play better than people think.

And you're right Underground, he's one injury away from starting.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:47 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
For the Jones fans that want to point to his stats and college production, but have not looked at his film to notice that he got a lot of sacks from persistence and the QB hanging onto the football for a long time.  Please use this list as an example of how college production relates to NFL pass rush success.

2010 FBS Sack Leaders

Da'Quan Bowers      16 sacks
Bruce Irvin              14
Brandon Jenkins       14
Jonathan Massaquoi  14
Ryan Kerrigan           13
Vinny Curry              12
Nick Fairley               12
Jamari Lattimore        12
Ricky Elmore              11
Chris Carter               11
Von Miller                  11
Logan Harrell             11
Mario Addison            11

Good points. However, I don't think the Steelers made Jones a 1st round selection on hustle ... That's Michael Sam territory. I watched plenty of his college games and not only did he have enough sacks that weren't the result of a QB playing statue in the backfield, but he also had several tackles for losses on run plays. That's more than hustle. So he looked underwhelming as a rookie, then was injured his second year. As I stated earlier, Timmons was labeled a bust for 3 years. Harrison was cut 5 times ... forget that he looked terrible as a rookie, he didn't make the team his first few years. What I saw Jones doing early last year was encouraging.

Here's a quick blurb from Gerry Dulac's chat yesterday:

Zack: Jarvis Jones, Did he look stronger or bigger?

Gerry Dulac: Can't tell about stronger. Won't know that until they put on pads and he has to go against an offensive lineman. But he looks bigger -- thicker in the upper torso. I didn't think that at all last year when he reported for his second season.

Here's the rest of the chat:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/28/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steeler-chat-transcript-5-28-15/stories/201505280219
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:49 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
For the Jones fans that want to point to his stats and college production, but have not looked at his film to notice that he got a lot of sacks from persistence and the QB hanging onto the football for a long time.  Please use this list as an example of how college production relates to NFL pass rush success.

2010 FBS Sack Leaders

Da'Quan Bowers      16 sacks
Bruce Irvin              14
Brandon Jenkins       14
Jonathan Massaquoi  14
Ryan Kerrigan           13
Vinny Curry              12
Nick Fairley               12
Jamari Lattimore        12
Ricky Elmore              11
Chris Carter               11
Von Miller                  11
Logan Harrell             11
Mario Addison            11

Good points. However, I don't think the Steelers made Jones a 1st round selection on hustle ... That's Michael Sam territory. I watched plenty of his college games and not only did he have enough sacks that weren't the result of a QB playing statue in the backfield, but he also had several tackles for losses on run plays. That's more than hustle. So he looked underwhelming as a rookie, then was injured his second year. As I stated earlier, Timmons was labeled a bust for 3 years. Harrison was cut 5 times ... forget that he looked terrible as a rookie, he didn't make the team his first few years. What I saw Jones doing early last year was encouraging.

Here's a quick blurb from Gerry Dulac's chat yesterday:

Gerry Dulac: Can't tell about stronger. Won't know that until they put on pads and he has to go against an offensive lineman. But he looks bigger -- thicker in the upper torso. I didn't think that at all last year when he reported for his second season.

Here's the rest of the chat:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/28/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steeler-chat-transcript-5-28-15/stories/201505280219

I hear ya. I didn't say that QB's were playing statue in the pocket. I saw tape where the QB's held onto the ball and rolled out and at times scrambled waiting for a WR to get open. I also saw him get upfield in the run game and make TFL's. I like that hustle and energy, but in the NFL where QB's often get rid of the ball at the top of their drop, you need to be able to beat the guy in front of you and get to the passer quickly. I never saw much of that.

I saw the PG article where it says he looks bigger. That is good. I honestly don't think he got any quicker or explosive and for that reason will not likely ever be a double digit sack threat like Harrison or Woodley were.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next