Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell goes down with knee injury

Go down 
+18
IowaSteeler927
JonM229
Stella Nation
FanSince72
HeinzMustard
Steelcitian
lotas
pczach
SteelerSpartan
SoCalFan
SteelersCanada
El-Gonzo Jackson
Hawaii 5-0
white_steel_wolfe
ImperialFan
jak341
Atlanta Dan
Wallace108
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HeinzMustard

Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 am

jak341 wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Without Bell... Steelers won't do squat in the playoffs.  This is depressing.  The only team that can possibly beat the Patriots**** is the Packers (The Bengals sure as hell won't)... and that's up in the air too.  If Rodgers don't stay healthy... Brady will get #5.

Worst Monday morning ever.

If those cheating bastards win the Super Bowl again... I am done with the NFL.  

Honestly, I can't see anyone beating the Pats**. They are so complete from top to bottom. They may be already, the best franchise in NFL history.

Packers WRs showed yesterday that they are average without Nelson.

It's sad but true.... agree with everything you said.

I know every team deals with injuries and suspensions... but this is ridiculous. The Patriots* have all the good luck... nothing ever goes wrong with them. And teams like the Steelers and Cowboys... everything goes wrong. I don't like the Cowboys... but they have had just as much if not more bad luck than the Steelers this year. The Steelers are snake-bitten right now... and it looks like it's gonna be another 8-8 season. Raiders and Browns are gonna bring it.... and the Seahawks will be hard to beat without Bell.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:17 am

jak341 wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:
Even though its loss, It still shows that the Bengals are not that great if it was that closely decided. Ben was obviously rusty in his first game back. How do you think Dolton would be coming back from injury? He was healthy and still threw a couple of picks. I dare not read what those gloating Bungals fans have to say-it will only add fuel to the fire. Well the rematch in Cinici, they just need to be buried. I'm still not convinced they are a Super Bowl caliber team and taking out Bell twice, they just moved up neck and neck with the Ratbirds for most hated division rival. Biggest 7-0 fraud out there.

Yesterday proved they were a playoff caliber team. They came into their opponents field, a fired up atmosphere due to Ben's return, and won a very ugly game. That alone shows they are for real.

However, I am with you that I am not fully buying into them as a SB contender until they win 1 in the playoffs.
Eh, I'm not really convinced that's true. There was so much talk about how incredible Dalton was playing this year and how he had a perfect rating on 3rd downs against the blitz and was going to tear us apart blah blah blah. He completely self destructed

Bottom line: They were a healthy 6-0 team that could do nothing for 55 minutes of football. They were handed the game on a silver platter over and over again, just like Baltimore earlier this year. They get little respect for this win in my book for the simple fact that they did NOT win this game, we lost it. Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 2744185472

And what's this talk about the Patriots*, as if they are some godly unbeatable team?

We almost beat them with a half-ass offense on opening night even when Brady had something to prove.

They were one god damn hand off away from losing last Superbowl against the Hawks.

They were beaten TWICE by Eli Manning and the Giants in two different SB's.

Brady and the Pats* are great, just like Rogers and the Packers, but come on, this is the NFL, NO team is unbeatable regardless of stats/records.

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 am

lotas wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:
Even though its loss, It still shows that the Bengals are not that great if it was that closely decided. Ben was obviously rusty in his first game back. How do you think Dolton would be coming back from injury? He was healthy and still threw a couple of picks. I dare not read what those gloating Bungals fans have to say-it will only add fuel to the fire. Well the rematch in Cinici, they just need to be buried. I'm still not convinced they are a Super Bowl caliber team and taking out Bell twice, they just moved up neck and neck with the Ratbirds for most hated division rival. Biggest 7-0 fraud out there.

Yesterday proved they were a playoff caliber team. They came into their opponents field, a fired up atmosphere due to Ben's return, and won a very ugly game. That alone shows they are for real.

However, I am with you that I am not fully buying into them as a SB contender until they win 1 in the playoffs.
Eh, I'm not really convinced that's true. There was so much talk about how incredible Dalton was playing this year and how he had a perfect rating on 3rd downs against the blitz and was going to tear us apart blah blah blah. He completely self destructed

Bottom line: They were a healthy 6-0 team that could do nothing for 55 minutes of football. They were handed the game on a silver platter over and over again, just like Baltimore earlier this year. They get little respect for this win in my book for the simple fact that they did NOT win this game, we lost it. Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 2744185472

And what's this talk about the Patriots**, as if they are some godly unbeatable team?

We almost beat them with a half-ass offense on opening night even when Brady had something to prove.

They were one god damn hand off away from losing last Superbowl against the Hawks.

They were beaten TWICE by Eli Manning and the Giants in two different SB's.

Brady and the Pats** are great, just like Rogers and the Packers, but come on, this is the NFL, NO team is unbeatable regardless of stats/records.

Seriously. Who the fuck is going to beat the Patriots*? Their division is complete garbage year in and year out... so that's 6 wins, a playoff bye and home field advantage.... gauranteed. The NFC is weak this year... so whoever goes to the Super Bowl won't stand a chance vs. the Patriots*. I'm so fucking sick of the god damn Patriots*.... I fart in their general direction.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:55 am

Quote :
Brady and the Pats*** are great, just like Rogers and the Packers, but come on, this is the NFL, NO team is unbeatable regardless of stats/records.

True, but the thing that keeps the Pats** virtually unbeatable is the fact that they don't put all their eggs in one basket.

They don't have "THE" receiver or "THE" running back.
Instead they have multiple receivers and multiple running backs (and multiple players at other positions) who are all coached up to play at starting levels and they're used in a variety of ways throughout the season so that they do not find themselves having to live or die by the health or productivity of ONE player.

Think about it...if New England loses a star player no one bats an eyelash because everyone knows that Belichick will simply turn to his bench and send in the next guy and he'll slightly modify his game plan to accommodate that players' strengths or weaknesses and they won't lose a step or miss a beat.

Why can't we do that?

When New England loses a player there always seems to be a workaround but when we lose someone everyone is like: "There Goes the Season"
Why does it always seem to be all or nothing with us?

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:51 pm

I have seen a lot of games of the Broncos this year and their D is really great, it is as good as the Seahawks D when it was at his best. They kept a healthy Rodgers to 77 yards and the Packers O to 140 total yards. I think they will be the biggest challenger for the Cheaters.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:56 pm

On Bell's injury I fear that this one is a really bad one. The words "badly torn" make me shiver Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 1097494264
Let's hope he can make it back to the field next year and that he can make a full recovery. He's by far the best back in the league and a big ley to our offense. This team needs a healthy Ben and Bell to have big success.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Steelers LB threatens Bengals' Burfict on Twitter after Le'Veon Bell injury

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
November 3, 2015

The rivalry between the Bengals and Steelers is starting to get more heated off the field than it is on the field.

After Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell went down with a season-ending MCL injury in the Bengals' 16-10 win Sunday, there was at least one Steelers player who said he thought the Bengals were trying to injure Bell on purpose.

Several other Steelers players said that they were mad at Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict because they thought he was celebrating the hit that injured Bell.

Steelers linebacker Vince Williams became so heated about the situation after the game that he sent a late-night threat on Twitter to Burfict.

Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15

As soon as Williams sent the tweet out, several fans responded and they all seemed surprised that he was threatening the Bengals linebacker in a public forum.

to read rest of article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25362460/steelers-lb-threatens-bengals-burfict-on-twitter-after-bell-injury
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 pm

What a dumbass

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Steelers haven't been full strength since losing Pouncey before the Superbowl vs Greenbay. Getting real fucking tired of watching our team decimated by injuries year in and year out.

They should be 6-1. If they lose this Sunday I'm done watching football for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers LB threatens Bengals' Burfict on Twitter after Le'Veon Bell injury

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
November 3, 2015

The rivalry between the Bengals and Steelers is starting to get more heated off the field than it is on the field.

After Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell went down with a season-ending MCL injury in the Bengals' 16-10 win Sunday, there was at least one Steelers player who said he thought the Bengals were trying to injure Bell on purpose.

Several other Steelers players said that they were mad at Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict because they thought he was celebrating the hit that injured Bell.

Steelers linebacker Vince Williams became so heated about the situation after the game that he sent a late-night threat on Twitter to Burfict.

Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Burfict-1-Williams-11-03-15

As soon as Williams sent the tweet out, several fans responded and they all seemed surprised that he was threatening the Bengals linebacker in a public forum.

to read rest of article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25362460/steelers-lb-threatens-bengals-burfict-on-twitter-after-bell-injury

Williams just reached out to Behind the Steel Curtain to clarify reasoning behind the threat. I started a thread about the article here:

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t6321-steelers-ilb-vince-williams-reaches-out-to-clarify-twitter-threat-towards-vontaze-burfict

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Quote :
Le'Veon Bell ✔ @L_Bell26
surgery went well, thanks for everybody who's txted, called, dm'd, &/or tweeted me! I'll be even stronger next year pic.twitter.com/4UOvX5zydU

18 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:57 am

Looking Ahead to a Possible Contract Extension for Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/looking-ahead-to-a-possible-contract-extension-for-steelers-rb-leveon-bell/
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:07 pm

Can someone please update the front of our website? Kinda tired of seeing Bell staring onto the field he wouldn't return to in 2015.

Some roster moves, numerous things the players did in light of the divisional loss. Something

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:29 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Can someone please update the front of our website? Kinda tired of seeing Bell staring onto the field he wouldn't return to in 2015.

Some roster moves, numerous things the players did in light of the divisional loss. Something

This is new

Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Trumpbrady
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:39 am

Post-Gazette reporter Ray Fittapaldo raises the issue of what to do even if Le'Veon Bell fully recovers - excerpts from his blog post and link to full article below

Le’Veon Bell is an All-Pro and arguably the best running back in the NFL. He is equally adept at running inside, outside and catching the ball out of the backfield or when he is split out like a traditional receiver, making him a dangerous weapon in the Steelers’ diversified offense.

But is he indispensable to the Steelers? Bell missed 12 games this season due to injury and suspension. The Steelers were 8-4 in those games, including 1-1 in the playoffs, and finished the season 11-7. The Steelers won a playoff game with Fitzgerald Toussaint and Jordan Todman as their running backs after Bell’s backup, DeAngelo Williams, was injured. They were in position to advance to the AFC championship game until a fourth-quarter fumble by Toussaint led to the Broncos’ winning touchdown drive.

Now the Steelers must decide if they want to pay the going rate for an All-Pro running back. ...

The Steelers have to decide if Bell is worth that kind of money in an era when quarterbacks and receivers are more important to a team’s success.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2016/01/20/Position-by-position-RBs.html
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 am

I like Bell, but the days of paying $10-$12 million for a RB are over. There will always be teams who do with cap to burn, but it's a passing league now. I would rather invest in Brown, the second WR, a TE, and passing depth than burning it all on Bell.

You can win using an average RB, but you can't win having average WRs.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Bell is a rb/we and great a both. Sign bell.

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
They were in position to advance to the AFC championship game until a fourth-quarter fumble by Toussaint led to the Broncos’ winning touchdown drive.

Ray answers his own question right here. Pay the man.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:35 pm

There are top-notch running backs, and then there are guys that are the absolute best at what they do. From a versatility standpoint, Bell is about as good as anyone has ever been.

Marshall Faulk comes to mind. A running back that runs with great vision and patience. A back that runs with great power and elusiveness. A back that can run inside and outside. A back that is so capable in the passing game that they run routes and catch the ball like receivers. Backs that are rock solid and reliable in pass protection. That are able to do things on the field that not many others are capable of. Backs that don't fumble. A back that was #1 in the NFL in percentage of converting third or fourth down conversions of 2 yards or less.

Those players don't grow on trees. That's the perfect weapon. If Bell had better top speed, he would be in a class by himself.

The big question is whether he will get to 100% of the player he was before the injury. Because that guy is someone you keep at all costs.

I saw something this year when Bell got hurt. In his first couple years, when Bell was healthy it seemed like the team was waiting for Superman to do something. Ben would be on his own, and the entire team seemed to deflate.

This year when Bell was injured, I saw the entire team dig deep and fight. Not just wait for one or two players to do everything themselves. This team grew emotionally and physically in his absence. They gutted out many games and everyone elevated their games. They are now a team that is willing to do whatever it takes.

Now....bring a full strength Bell back into that situation, and this offense is literally unstoppable.

I hope they approach him with a good offer, showing they believe in him and want him here despite knowing the concerns about his knee. In return, I hope Bell understands and appreciates the great situation he is in, and that the team is willing to give him a good contract because they believe in him and want him here, and are willing to give him this money before they find out his new full potential. Give him fair money without becoming the highest paid player at his position.

He won't be 100% until the 2017 season. At least that's how most humans respond to major knee surgery. Only Adrian Peterson has been cyborg enough to come back at full strength the next season.

Hopefully Bell and the Steelers realize how important they are to each other, and what they can accomplish together.

Remember, Bell had the one issue with weed, but he has been clean and a good guy his whole life. He is a leader on this team, and a player everyone on the team looks to and looks up to. He is not just another running back. He's a quality guy and belongs in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:24 pm

The only knock on him is since we drafted him he's only played in 2/3 of our games.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:27 pm

pczach wrote:
There are top-notch running backs, and then there are guys that are the absolute best at what they do. From a versatility standpoint, Bell is about as good as anyone has ever been.

Marshall Faulk comes to mind. A running back that runs with great vision and patience. A back that runs with great power and elusiveness. A back that can run inside and outside. A back that is so capable in the passing game that they run routes and catch the ball like receivers. Backs that are rock solid and reliable in pass protection. That are able to do things on the field that not many others are capable of. Backs that don't fumble. A back that was #1 in the NFL in percentage of converting third or fourth down conversions of 2 yards or less.

Those players don't grow on trees. That's the perfect weapon. If Bell had better top speed, he would be in a class by himself.

The big question is whether he will get to 100% of the player he was before the injury. Because that guy is someone you keep at all costs.

I saw something this year when Bell got hurt. In his first couple years, when Bell was healthy it seemed like the team was waiting for Superman to do something. Ben would be on his own, and the entire team seemed to deflate.

This year when Bell was injured, I saw the entire team dig deep and fight. Not just wait for one or two players to do everything themselves. This team grew emotionally and physically in his absence. They gutted out many games and everyone elevated their games. They are now a team that is willing to do whatever it takes.

Now....bring a full strength Bell back into that situation, and this offense is literally unstoppable.

I hope they approach him with a good offer, showing they believe in him and want hibinm here despite knowing the concerns about his knee. In return, I hope Bell understands and appreciates the great situation he is in, and that the team is willing to give him a good contract because they believe in him and want him here, and are willing to give him this money before they find out his new full potential. Give him fair money without becoming the highest paid player at his position.

He won't be 100% until the 2017 season. At least that's how most humans respond to major knee surgery. Only Adrian Peterson has been cyborg enough to come back at full strength the next season.

Hopefully Bell and the Steelers realize how important they are to each other, and what they can accomplish together.

Remember, Bell had the one issue with weed, but he has been clean and a good guy his whole life. He is a leader on this team, and a player everyone on the team looks to and looks up to. He is not just another running back. He's a quality guy and belongs in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future.

What was that you said about his top speed? Can you say that one more time so some of our resident geniuses get the point.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:27 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
pczach wrote:

I hope they approach him with a good offer, showing they believe in him and want hibinm here despite knowing the concerns about his knee. In return, I hope Bell understands and appreciates the great situation he is in, and that the team is willing to give him a good contract because they believe in him and want him here, and are willing to give him this money before they find out his new full potential. Give him fair money without becoming the highest paid player at his position.

What was that you said about his top speed? Can you say that one more time so some of our resident geniuses get the point.

It's the only part of his game that isn't elite. That doesn't make him any less of a player. I'm just rating every part of his game and talents individually.

The sum of his parts makes him an elite back, and in my opinion the best running back in the NFL.

It's the equivalent of saying Adrian Peterson isn't good in the passing game. It doesn't mean he's not a great running back. It just means in his case that part of his game is his weakness. He's still the best running back of the last 10 years as a pure runner and an all-time great.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

pczach wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
pczach wrote:

It's the only part of his game that isn't elite. That doesn't make him any less of a player. I'm just rating every part of his game and talents individually.

The sum of his parts makes him an elite back, and in my opinion the best running back in the NFL.

It's the equivalent of saying Adrian Peterson isn't good in the passing game. It doesn't mean he's not a great running back. It just means in his case that part of his game is his weakness. He's still the best running back of the last 10 years as a pure runner and an all-time great.

Yeah, ImperialFan agrees with you. He's just asking you to clarify because last time he mentioned Le'Veons top speed some people got a little irate. Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 1378315869
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Exactly. Thank you, and that's all I ever meant by it. I would still rather have no one but bell.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:02 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Exactly. Thank you, and that's all I ever meant by it. I would still rather have no one but bell.

Well alright then! We agree. Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 184121345

I thought you were trying to say that Bell wasn't very good because he doesn't have elite top end speed.

PostSubject: Re: Bell goes down with knee injury   Bell goes down with knee injury - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bell goes down with knee injury
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next