Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin

Go down 
+18
Drizztbob
SteelCity4Life
kirklandrules
Lokki
Wallace108
schillah
Stella Nation
Great Randino
stlrtruck
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
SteelerFreak58
solardave
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Mach1
Shalieve5090
jak341
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 am

I think the 2019 season needs to be Tomlin's chance at redeeming himself. If he can't do that, then he needs to be shown the door following the end of the 2019 season. Same goes for Keith Butler because it's apparent Tomlin/Butler are here to stay for now.

As far as replacing Tomlin, I wouldn't mind them promoting Munchak, or even considering hiring a guy like Mike McCarthy. Either way they should still aggressively go after a good defensive coordinator to replace Butler.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
muncher

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

how many redemption years does he get?
i heard the same thing from tomlin fans for 6 years now
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 12:01 pm

The standard is the standard.
Oh well as long as it's a break even none losing season all is good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Mach1 wrote:
The standard is the standard.
Oh well as long as it's a break even none losing season all is good.

you do know what coming after his first sub .500 season?
'well, hes only had 1. cowher had X amount, noll had X amount'. 'his winning percentage is X'
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 5:35 pm

do you all know that coaches can be traded ?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
do you all know that coaches can be traded ?

What about owners?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 am

muncher wrote:

Well I think it's apparent he's not going anywhere for 2019, so this should be his last if he can't turn things around from last season. I too am tired of the same old story.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
muncher wrote:

Well I think it's apparent he's not going anywhere for 2019, so this should be his last if he can't turn things around from last season. I too am tired of the same old story.

I disagree. Well not on the whole this will be his last. I disagree on the "If he can't turn things around from last season." IMO, he has to do more than just turn it around. There has to be consistency on both sides of the ball for every game - especially games where we should win going away (think Denver, Oakland this year). Then there has to be a strong push in the playoffs - nothing less than the AFC Championship game, and in all honesty if we are there, then we should be able to make it to the Super Bowl.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
muncher wrote:

I disagree.  Well not on the whole this will be his last.  I disagree on the "If he can't turn things around from last season."  IMO, he has to do more than just turn it around.  There has to be consistency on both sides of the ball for every game - especially games where we should win going away (think Denver, Oakland this year).  Then there has to be a strong push in the playoffs - nothing less than the AFC Championship game, and in all honesty if we are there, then we should be able to make it to the Super Bowl.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm tired of Tomlin's crap man, playing down to bottom dwelling teams is getting old. That loss to the Raiders still makes me sick to my stomach.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 am

Tomlins is going nowhere, AB is going nowhere, Butler is going nowhere, we have to get used to that fact and move on. Just the facts.. like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 12:22 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
muncher wrote:

I disagree.  Well not on the whole this will be his last.  I disagree on the "If he can't turn things around from last season."  IMO, he has to do more than just turn it around.  There has to be consistency on both sides of the ball for every game - especially games where we should win going away (think Denver, Oakland this year).  Then there has to be a strong push in the playoffs - nothing less than the AFC Championship game, and in all honesty if we are there, then we should be able to make it to the Super Bowl.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm tired of Tomlin's crap man, playing down to bottom dwelling teams is getting old. That loss to the Raiders still makes me sick to my stomach.

you mean the MULTIPLE loses to the raiders while being heavy favorites ? Tomlin is 2-4 against the raiders. was favored every game. 1-2 at home.

2018 - 24-21 L
2015 - 38-35 W
2013 - 21-18 L
2012 - 34-31 L
2010 - 35-3 W
2009 - 27-24 L
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
muncher wrote:

you mean the MULTIPLE loses to the raiders while being heavy favorites ? Tomlin is 2-4 against the raiders. was favored every game. 1-2 at home.

2018 - 24-21 L
2015 - 38-35 W
2013 -  21-18 L
2012 - 34-31 L
2010 - 35-3 W
2009 - 27-24 L

True. That one where they had Pryor at QB and he ran for that 90+ yard TD was particularly disgusting.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 Thumb_the-moment-when-you-realize-you-have-no-ideawhat-youre-50868768
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm

It pleases me to see my old thread dredged up.

I've quit harping on this subject because it isn't going to happen; not with Tomlin getting a 1 year extension.

However, let's take this a different angle. Has the game passed Tomlin and the assistant coaches by?

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm

when they punted early in the game with 4th down and a half inch to go, i knew this game was over. Tomlin is belicheks little bitch. maybe he could start a coaching camp for chumps like tomlin. teach him how to prepare a team for a game, and how to get the most out of his players. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 2625562446
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 8:53 pm

I think it might be time to take away the ping pong table again...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 am

I'm of the opinion that if you're not going to use preseason to get ready eliminate it and go to an 18 game season. This is not the first time we've seen this team under Tomlin look like crap. I remember when we were one of the best teams in primetime. I watched up until halfway through the second quarter and turned it off. It was obvious to me that there was no game plan on either side for us. In fact we played so terribly the Patriots* didn't need a game plan.
Butler can't find his ass with both hands. Fichtner's play calling was as generic as you can get. What was he thinking? Let's not show our hand to early,we still have 15 more games.
I don't even watch Tomlin's press conferences anymore. They make me It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 2744185472 It's the same old baffle em with bullshit routine and it is old. I know it would not happen but if they fired all 3 of these guys today at least when we played like this we could chalk it up to new coaches/new system. Not the same old lousy coaching we've been seeing for years.
They fixed the drama situation but nothing else has changed. I honestly hope that I have to go back and eat my words but I seriously doubt it will be necessary this year.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 am

I'm not going to say it's Tomlin's fault. The Patriots* just looked more crisp than we did and that's okay. They unviled a Super Bowl Champions banner and we were in their backyard in primetime. Plus all of the AB stuff had to be exhausting.

I mean it sounds like Tomlin was more of a counselor than a coach the last few years anyways.

I am definitely a fan of stability.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 am

Tomlin is to blame, but Fichtner is a complete idiot. He used the same gameplan as when we beated the Patriots* last time in December. Like Belichik wouldn't adjust to that. Of course Fichtner couldn't find a solution and rusty Ben neither.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Quote :
Mack: Tomlin "Not Ready For Primetime"

Belichick, Brady and Pats* Prepared... Steelers? Not So Much

CHRIS MACK
SEPTEMBER 09, 2019 - 9:03 AM

For the better part of the last two decades, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been going to New England and getting punished for not doing their homework. After a 33-3 drubbing at the hands of the Patriots* on Sunday night in Foxboro, there's no shortage of blame to go around. Especially after the way the Steelers were bent over Tom Brady's knee and spanked for a sixth time in six meetings in Foxboro.

The play-calling - especially in short yardage situations - was infuriating. The quarterback was off target often and when he did get it to his #2 wide receiver, the ball was dropped faster than you could mutter "Good grief, (Donte) Moncrief." Kameron Kelly looked every bit the part of a defensive back who was in the Alliance of American Football five months ago. The two biggest additions to the defense's supposed speed improvement, Mark Barron and Devin Bush, looked old & slow and young & inexperienced, respectively.

Not to mention that even a near-perfect effort may not have been enough given the surgical precision Brady and the New England offense showed in exploiting Pittsburgh's deficiencies and mistakes.

“We weren’t ready for prime time,” said Head Coach Mike Tomlin.

Here's the problem: Tomlin was speaking as much about himself and his staff as he was the 45 men he put out on the field.

And that is at the crux of the matter for anyone concerned that this wasn't just one game against the defending champs, and that it's a sign of more to come.

Unfortunately, we should have seen it coming. Tomlin spent most of his weekly press conference last Tuesday harping on the concept that that Week One would be part of a continued evaluation of his team, and that they couldn't concern themselves with what New England may do.

Does someone want to be the bearer of bad news and tell him that the preseason ended back in August? I'm too astonished to form words that aren't of a vulgar, four-letter variety.

Then, rather than adjusting at any point, as Brady and Patriots*' Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels did upon seeing their first six plays scratch out just 15 yards, Tomlin sat back and watched Brady pick apart the man coverage his defense was attempting to use underneath. Asked by NBC's Michele Tafoya at halftime when his team's lead had swollen to 20-0, New England Head Coach Bill Belichick said he expected Pittsburgh to make adjustments.

Tomlin, on the other hand, told Tafoya there was no reason to make any "dramatic schematic changes."

Again, perhaps it's better that someone else mention to Coach T that the games in September count, because my rage may lead to nothing but angry, red-faced noises.

With the better part of four months to prepare, Belichick and the Patriots* fashioned a game plan for every eventuality, and therefore were able to quickly adjust when it was called for. Tomlin sat around and tried to figure out what he had but never bothered to figure out what may be thrown at him.

To go into a chess match with Belichick with a bag of checkers is one thing. But to go into a chess match with Belichick without acknowledging that it's a chess match is another thing altogether.

And it's downright inexcusable.

So Tomlin thought it was still preseason evaluation.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Quote :

Belichick, Brady and Pats** Prepared... Steelers? Not So Much

CHRIS MACK
   SEPTEMBER 09, 2019 - 9:03 AM

For the better part of the last two decades, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been going to New England and getting punished for not doing their homework. After a 33-3 drubbing at the hands of the Patriots** on Sunday night in Foxboro, there's no shortage of blame to go around. Especially after the way the Steelers were bent over Tom Brady's knee and spanked for a sixth time in six meetings in Foxboro.

The play-calling - especially in short yardage situations - was infuriating. The quarterback was off target often and when he did get it to his #2 wide receiver, the ball was dropped faster than you could mutter "Good grief, (Donte) Moncrief." Kameron Kelly looked every bit the part of a defensive back who was in the Alliance of American Football five months ago. The two biggest additions to the defense's supposed speed improvement, Mark Barron and Devin Bush, looked old & slow and young & inexperienced, respectively.

Not to mention that even a near-perfect effort may not have been enough given the surgical precision Brady and the New England offense showed in exploiting Pittsburgh's deficiencies and mistakes.

“We weren’t ready for prime time,” said Head Coach Mike Tomlin.

Here's the problem: Tomlin was speaking as much about himself and his staff as he was the 45 men he put out on the field.

And that is at the crux of the matter for anyone concerned that this wasn't just one game against the defending champs, and that it's a sign of more to come.

Unfortunately, we should have seen it coming. Tomlin spent most of his weekly press conference last Tuesday harping on the concept that that Week One would be part of a continued evaluation of his team, and that they couldn't concern themselves with what New England may do.

Does someone want to be the bearer of bad news and tell him that the preseason ended back in August? I'm too astonished to form words that aren't of a vulgar, four-letter variety.

Then, rather than adjusting at any point, as Brady and Patriots**' Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels did upon seeing their first six plays scratch out just 15 yards, Tomlin sat back and watched Brady pick apart the man coverage his defense was attempting to use underneath. Asked by NBC's Michele Tafoya at halftime when his team's lead had swollen to 20-0, New England Head Coach Bill Belichick said he expected Pittsburgh to make adjustments.

Tomlin, on the other hand, told Tafoya there was no reason to make any "dramatic schematic changes."

Again, perhaps it's better that someone else mention to Coach T that the games in September count, because my rage may lead to nothing but angry, red-faced noises.

With the better part of four months to prepare, Belichick and the Patriots** fashioned a game plan for every eventuality, and therefore were able to quickly adjust when it was called for. Tomlin sat around and tried to figure out what he had but never bothered to figure out what may be thrown at him.

To go into a chess match with Belichick with a bag of checkers is one thing. But to go into a chess match with Belichick without acknowledging that it's a chess match is another thing altogether.

And it's downright inexcusable.

So Tomlin thought it was still preseason evaluation.

I've been screaming from the mountaintop for years that they use Week 1 like the final preseason game. That's when they shake off the rust and start getting on the same page. I don't know the exact number, but by halftime, I think Ben through only 2 passes beyond 10 yards. The game plan had to be kept simple because the starting offense was on the field for only 2 drives in 4 preseason games. Two drives isn't enough to get everyone in synch and up to game speed.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Tomlin pulls this shit year in and year out during week 1. Team always comes out looking like ripe dogshit. They were already down 20 points and he's acting like almost nothing is wrong? What the hell? Yeah he said the offense scoring would lend itself to the defense, and that is true, but the rest of his statement is totally crass.

Tomlin needs to get his head out of his ass. I don't see what he did to earn that 1 year extension. If anything, this year should have been the deciding year on whether or not he gets booted out.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 pm

The Standard is the Standard if you will...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 1:34 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Tomlin pulls this shit year in and year out during week 1. Team always comes out looking like ripe dogshit. They were already down 20 points and he's acting like almost nothing is wrong? What the hell? Yeah he said the offense scoring would lend itself to the defense, and that is true, but the rest of his statement is totally crass.

Tomlin needs to get his head out of his ass. I don't see what he did to earn that 1 year extension. If anything, this year should have been the deciding year on whether or not he gets booted out.

Yeah I think the extension was a mistake. How many times have we seen this team play down to far less talented teams? How many times have we seen this team lay an egg in primetime because they're utterly unprepared and Tomlin is standing on the sideline looking like a deer in headlights?

I like Coach T, but I want a Coach that's less player oriented, and more disciplined. I know we were playing New England, in Foxboro, and they're the defending champs but to only score 3 points in an entire game with the offensive line unit and talent that we have... inexcusable.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 1:30 am

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 Image
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next