Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin

Go down 
+18
Drizztbob
SteelCity4Life
kirklandrules
Lokki
Wallace108
schillah
Stella Nation
Great Randino
stlrtruck
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
SteelerFreak58
solardave
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Mach1
Shalieve5090
jak341
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:05 pm

so who would the other disgruntled be? guys that don't want to be there ? pouncy ? artie burns ? cam sutton ?
if i'm colbert i'd gather em all up and flat out ask who wants to be traded or released ... It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:53 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so who would the other disgruntled be? guys that don't want to be there ? pouncy ? artie burns ? cam sutton ?
if i'm colbert i'd gather em all up and flat out ask who wants to be traded or released ... It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 2087824411

I have no idea. Cam brought it up in conversation very nonchalantly. They were talking about AB. I think the question was something like does the team want AB to remain a Steeler. Cam said yes, but does AB want to remain a Steeler, and that goes for some other members of the team too. Maybe it was Cam venting frustration, but it was an odd statement to make.

I am wondering if the locker room is split between those that support AB and seem to be through with Tomlin [including ex-players such as Harrision], and the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 pm

jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if i'm colbert i'd gather em all up and flat out ask who wants to be traded or released ... [smiley]https://2img.net/u/3315/14/51/45/smiles/2087824411.gif[/smiley]

I have no idea. Cam brought it up in conversation very nonchalantly. They were talking about AB. I think the question was something like does the team want AB to remain a Steeler. Cam said yes, but does AB want to remain a Steeler, and that goes for some other members of the team too. Maybe it was Cam venting frustration, but it was an odd statement to make.

I am wondering if the locker room is split between those that support AB and seem to be through with Tomlin [including ex-players such as Harrision], and the rest of the team.

I don't think this is an AB vs non-AB statement. I think he's calling out a few on the roster who are simply out for themselves. So I take Cam's statement as the players on the roster better start buying into the team concept.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 6:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Artie Burns was my first guess. Pouncey seems like a guy who wants to be here. It's rumored that it was him who leaked the AB shit show.

Anyway, what happens the next couple of months will be telling what this franchise will look like in the upcoming years. Will AB be traded? Will other disgruntled players' situations be addressed? Is Tomlin on the hot seat and does he get one final chance to clean this mess? Will Butler be fired? What about Colbert? It's not that he's done a great job in FA or had great drafts except for the 2017 one. Does Art care enough about the team and is he good enough to make changes? I'm not very positive about the near future to be honest. Once a team is derailed it's very difficult to turn things around and it usually takes a lot of time to fix all problems. Big chance new problems will emerge. I don't know where it exactly went wrong with this locker room. It could be the prima donna's like Bell and AB, Tomlin being a bad leader, the national anthem story which devided the locker room,... probably a combination of those things.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 am

kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if i'm colbert i'd gather em all up and flat out ask who wants to be traded or released ... [smiley]https://2img.net/u/3315/14/51/45/smiles/2087824411.gif[/smiley]

I don't think this is an AB vs non-AB statement.  I think he's calling out a few on the roster who are simply out for themselves. So I take Cam's statement as the players on the roster better start buying into the team concept.

That's kind of the way I took it. Things have to change if we intend to win any games going forward. If Tomlin doesn't get a handle on the ones that are selfish and draw the line I think next year will be ugly ugly ugly and he'll be gone. The clock is ticking. Since the misses and near misses on draftees as of late we could be looking at a total rebuild instead of a reload. Sucks to be us right now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:25 am

solardave wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I don't think this is an AB vs non-AB statement.  I think he's calling out a few on the roster who are simply out for themselves. So I take Cam's statement as the players on the roster better start buying into the team concept.

That's kind of the way I took it. Things have to change if we intend to win any games going forward. If Tomlin doesn't get a handle on the ones that are selfish and draw the line I think next year will be ugly ugly ugly and he'll be gone. The clock is ticking. Since the misses and near misses on draftees as of late we could be looking at a total rebuild instead of a reload. Sucks to be us right now.

I'm thinking total rebuild regardless when Ben leaves. If Mason is not ready, or turns out to be a draft miss, it is going to be ugly in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:26 am

For those who want to move on from Tomlin, who would your coaching choice be?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:28 am

stlrtruck wrote:

didn't 8 headcoaches get fired Monday?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 12:01 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I've seen this question asked a lot on social media, as if we're going to bring in a big-name coach. None of us predicted Cowher or Tomlin when they were hired. Heck, most of us had never heard of them. So if Art does follow Dan's model, the next coach will be someone few, if any, of us know. But I could be wrong since we haven't seen Art hire a coach yet.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 12:54 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I honestly like McDaniels. Wouldnt mind McCarthy either being hes a Pittsburgh native. Yeah ik he didnt have much success in GB but the Steelers also have way more talent. Or promote Munchak
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 3:05 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I like Adam Gase a lot. In his first season he led the Dolphins with a healthy Tannehill to the play-offs after a 10-6 record. Then he went 6-10 with fucking Jay Cutler last year. This year Tannehill was often injured or certainly not 100% healthy and Osweiler played some games, yet they were in the hunt for the play-offs until week 16. With mediocre (Tannehill) and awful (Cutler and Osweiler) QB's he managed to put up some good seasons. The Dolphins owner must be an idiot for firing Gase if you look at Miami's roster. His team clearly overperformed the last 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:11 am

jak341 wrote:
solardave wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm thinking total rebuild regardless when Ben leaves. If Mason is not ready, or turns out to be a draft miss, it is going to be ugly in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future.

I think next camp will tell about Mason. Don't forget right now Dobbs is the heir apparent so Mason needs to beat him out. I don't think we can judge Dobbs by a few plays off of the bench cold. I do think maybe he is TOO smart to play QB and will over think things.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am

Benz is all but calling for Tomlin's head.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14468266-74/tim-benz-steelers-should-be-better-than-mike-tomlin-has-made-them
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:41 pm

jak341 wrote:

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14468266-74/tim-benz-steelers-should-be-better-than-mike-tomlin-has-made-them

Tomlin's resume is impressive and while I'm not on the side of firing him (just yet), I do believe one thing, which Benz doesn't mention in this article, that should be considered for Tomlin - Has he lost the locker room?

There's plenty of argument on this one. If it's a player or two and others are in line, has he really lost the locker room? With many players speaking out on radio stations and/or through social media - has he really lost the locker room?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 2:27 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Tomlin's resume is impressive and while I'm not on the side of firing him (just yet), I do believe one thing, which Benz doesn't mention in this article, that should be considered for Tomlin - Has he lost the locker room?

There's plenty of argument on this one.  If it's a player or two and others are in line, has he really lost the locker room?  With many players speaking out on radio stations and/or through social media - has he really lost the locker room?

I'm leaning that way. I think he has lost the respect of the players and once that happens....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I've seen this question asked a lot on social media, as if we're going to bring in a big-name coach. None of us predicted Cowher or Tomlin when they were hired. Heck, most of us had never heard of them. So if Art does follow Dan's model, the next coach will be someone few, if any, of us know. But I could be wrong since we haven't seen Art hire a coach yet.

I'm surprised no one mentions Munch as a Tomlin replacement. That's who I would pick if I dumped Tomlin.

I listened to the Tomlin press conference. For anyone who hasn't seen some of my prior posts on Tomlin, I lean toward supporting the guy more than dumping on him. After listening to his presser, I'm more supportive of him than I have been in the past. I felt he went above and beyond trying to answer every question the press dumped on him regarding a bad situation with AB. I heard a guy who is partly angry, frustrated, disappointed and very quickly took responsibility. He deserves credit for the way he handled AB and having him sit out regardless of what would happen with the team ... that sends a clear message to the rest of the players on how far Tomlin would go to address the BS going on within the team.

I don't think he lost the team, but one question Rooney has to answer for himself is if the frustration by the players and staff if the team culture is fixable or not. There's a difference between losing faith in your leader and not liking the culture.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I'm surprised no one mentions Munch as a Tomlin replacement. That's who I would pick if I dumped Tomlin.

I listened to the Tomlin press conference. For anyone who hasn't seen some of my prior posts on Tomlin, I lean toward supporting the guy more than dumping on him. After listening to his presser, I'm more supportive of him than I have been in the past. I felt he went above and beyond trying to answer every question the press dumped on him regarding a bad situation with AB. I heard a guy who is partly angry, frustrated, disappointed and very quickly took responsibility. He deserves credit for the way he handled AB and having him sit out regardless of what would happen with the team ... that sends a clear message to the rest of the players on how far Tomlin would go to address the BS going on within the team.

I don't think he lost the team, but one question Rooney has to answer for himself is if the frustration by the players and staff if the team culture is fixable or not. There's a difference between losing faith in your leader and not liking the culture.

Munchak would get my vote. My questions for Tomlin: why wait this long? Why haven't you sat down with Ben and told him to keep locker room business in the locker room. Why wait until the culture is this bad before you do something? If going forward he builds on this by setting rules and standing by them I'm in but I think at this point he has his work cut out for him.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I really like your perspective on this.

A coach has to work within the structure he is a part of. I have a feeling not everything is his choice. In other words, I think the front office has coddled some of the superstars, perhaps more than Tomlin would have preferred.

There are always dynamics we aren't privy too as fans.

I liked your other post too, kirkland.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:13 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

munchack. remember when their biggest problem was the Oline ? the man got results unlike porter and who ever has been coaching the Dbacks.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:28 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

A coach has to work within the structure he is a part of.  I have a feeling not everything is his choice.  In other words, I think the front office has coddled some of the superstars, perhaps more than Tomlin would have preferred.  

I'm always in favor of more posts from kirkland. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 184121345

Maybe because he usually agrees with me. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

A coach has to work within the structure he is a part of.  I have a feeling not everything is his choice.  In other words, I think the front office has coddled some of the superstars, perhaps more than Tomlin would have preferred.  

I'm always in favor of more posts from kirkland. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 184121345

Maybe because he usually agrees with me. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 3798349058

I agree with both of you!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

That's not something to brag about. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 1664291743

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

That's not something to brag about. It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 1664291743

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 2705760964
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Take this for what it is worth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/ae90tj/bouchette_on_the_fan_steelers_likely_done_making/?utm_source=reddit-android
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

jak341 wrote:
Take this for what it is worth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/ae90tj/bouchette_on_the_fan_steelers_likely_done_making/?utm_source=reddit-android

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Time To Move On From Tomlin   It's Time To Move On From Tomlin - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Time To Move On From Tomlin
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next