Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMiss him yet? - Page 8 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Miss him yet?

Go down 
+17
JPPT1974
effyou515
SteelCity4Life
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
SteelersYak
Master_Of_Puppets
stlrtruck
Hawaii 5-0
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
muncher
jak341
Wallace108
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Miss him yet? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

lol that Tweet is "do" for a "profreader"

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

The thread is hilarious to read through. A number of people tried being smartasses and corrected his tweet, only to have their own mistakes pointed out. Then a separate battle ensued over whether A's or As is correct. AB is the gift that keeps on giving. Miss him yet? - Page 8 2705760964

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

The thread is hilarious to read through. A number of people tried being smartasses and corrected his tweet, only to have their own mistakes pointed out. Then a separate battle ensued over whether A's or As is correct. AB is the gift that keeps on giving. Miss him yet? - Page 8 2705760964

lol and AB threatening to beat some people up, I'm sure. I can see him responding: dew you peons really think spelling matters on an English paper??? It dues not!!!!

What's next? Maybe AB channels John Belushi and writes a history paper on: "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

For a few years there I felt very fortunate Mike Wallace turned down the Steelers and they went with plan B in AB. Hindsight is 20/20, but was watching some of the Broncos game yesterday and thinking how nice it would be if Emmanuel Sanders would be on the field with JuJu this year. Back in the day of the 'young money' crew he seemed to have the least future. As it turns out he'll outlast them both.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:09 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

lol and AB threatening to beat some people up, I'm sure. I can see him responding: dew you peons really think spelling matters on an English paper??? It dues not!!!!

What's next? Maybe AB channels John Belushi and writes a history paper on: "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

For a few years there I felt very fortunate Mike Wallace turned down the Steelers and they went with plan B in AB. Hindsight is 20/20, but was watching some of the Broncos game yesterday and thinking how nice it would be if Emmanuel Sanders would be on the field with JuJu this year. Back in the day of the 'young money' crew he seemed to have the least future. As it turns out he'll outlast them both.

I'm still a fan of Manny Sanders, the biggest knock on him is injuries. Wish he could've stayed in Pittsburgh.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 1:30 pm

If any of us entertained any hopes of his return it looks like we can forget that....

Antonio Brown lashes out at NFL, again says 'I'll never play'

A week before he's scheduled to meet with NFL investigators, free-agent wide receiver Antonio Brown said in a profanity-filled tweet that he wants the league to "clear my name" but reiterated that he'll "never play" again in the league that he said treats black players unfairly.

Earlier Thursday, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown is scheduled to meet with the NFL next week concerning accusations of sexually assaulting multiple women and that the veteran receiver is eager to present his side.

However, hours later, Brown took to social media to display his frustration with the league.

"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly!" Brown said on Twitter. "Making money off my sweat and blood F--- the @nfl I'll never play in that s--- treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go f--- your self."

Full article (or maybe fool article) here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28028659/antonio-brown-lashes-nfl-again-says-never-play

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:47 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
If any of us entertained any hopes of his return it looks like we can forget that....

Antonio Brown lashes out at NFL, again says 'I'll never play'

A week before he's scheduled to meet with NFL investigators, free-agent wide receiver Antonio Brown said in a profanity-filled tweet that he wants the league to "clear my name" but reiterated that he'll "never play" again in the league that he said treats black players unfairly. playing the race card Miss him yet? - Page 8 3562723908

Earlier Thursday, sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown is scheduled to meet with the NFL next week concerning accusations of sexually assaulting multiple women and that the veteran receiver is eager to present his side.

However, hours later, Brown took to social media to display his frustration with the league.

"Imagine conforming to a system giving it a 100 percent to see them treat me like this is unfairly!" Brown said on Twitter. "Making money off my sweat and blood F--- the @nfl I'll never play in that s--- treat black people the worse! Clear my name and go f--- your self."

Full article (or maybe fool article) here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28028659/antonio-brown-lashes-nfl-again-says-never-play

What a piece shit AB turned out to be.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Here's the thing. Even if he's right and the NFL FO is a bunch of advantageous racists. Who would listen to AB and take him seriously?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 7:06 pm

There is no cure for Narcissism and none for bat shit crazy either...Miss him yet? - Page 8 3562723908😜
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 am

AB seems to not understand if he would've kept his mouth shut & fingers from typing, then he probably would've been playing for another team RIGHT. NOW!

Unfortunately, he has failed to realize his own demise was caused by his own hands and his own words.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Miss him yet? - Page 8 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm

This Tweet by Colin Dunlap says a lot. Makes you think.

https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/status/1192583621510680583?s=19
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 6:03 pm

I dearly miss having a WR with his skills on the team. I watched the Thursday night game on YouTube from a few years ago when Ben got injured against the Browns, and the offense was miles better overall. This was the game where Ben came back in with a gimpy leg.

Brown and Wallace were/are better receivers than Juju, Washington, Johnson (but to be fair he's a rookie).

Juju is questionable Sunday and Conner is out. Looks like a loss is coming Sunday. Sigh.

Last edited by SteelCity4Life on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 pm

jak341 wrote:
This Tweet by Colin Dunlap says a lot. Makes you think.

https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/status/1192583621510680583?s=19

I think it's a safe bet that AB is surrounded by enablers.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 11:50 pm

As someone who's been a victim of narcissistic abuse, these types of people will find a way to be toxic vampires, regardless of who's around them. When life is nice and peachy, they cause no problems, but once they can't get their way, look out.

Odds are AB was always like this (and the Polmalu thing supports it) but now all the success and money has made it far worse. I have my doubts he'll ever go back to being the quiet dude you see smiling anymore.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Miss him yet? - Page 8 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Yup... money just makes you more of what you really are. If you are a kind giving person you become a philanthropist... if you are an asshole it makes you a giant asshole...
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Yup... money just makes you more of what you really are. If you are a kind giving person you become a philanthropist... if you are an asshole it makes you a giant asshole...

lol

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 am

AB is not expected to play in the NFL again this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28045218/sources-antonio-brown-not-expected-play-again-season
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:52 pm

AB called Ben a loser. And a racist.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/12/11/i-was-done-with-that-loser-long-time-ago-antonio-brown-rips-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-calls-nfl-racist/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Well Ben's still in the NFL and AB....
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:04 pm

And no - nobody here misses him.

Combine that with the Jets wanting to trade or cut 3.0 YPC- Leveon, Mr. all-night bowler, and you see just how much crap Tomlin and Co. put up with in Pittsburgh the past few years. Heck, this is probably a dream year for Tomlin, just getting to coach players with good attitudes who want to play.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 6:54 pm

jak341 wrote:
AB called Ben a loser. And a racist.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/12/11/i-was-done-with-that-loser-long-time-ago-antonio-brown-rips-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-calls-nfl-racist/

He called Ben a loser, but I think his accusation of racism was targeting the NFL, not Ben. To be fair though, we need an AB translator to understand what he's saying. If only one existed.

Wait, one does exist. Miss him yet? - Page 8 1797695198

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABtranslatorr

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Antonio Brown's pity party continues, as he blames everyone else for downfall in tweets

It’s hard to blame the whole world for everything you’ve done in the span of one tweet, but don’t underestimate Antonio Brown.

Brown is out of the NFL and his erratic behavior is the reason why. His erratic behavior since being cut by the New England Patriots* is one of the reasons he hasn’t resurfaced, despite being in the prime of a phenomenal football career.

Brown went on another tweeting binge Wednesday — he probably needs a new hobby — and managed to blame the NFL, media, NFLPA and agent Drew Rosenhaus all in the span of 280 characters. And then in other tweets he ripped Ben Roethlisberger (again), the NFLPA (again) and took a shot at numerous NFL players who have been arrested.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-browns-pity-party-continues-as-he-blames-everyone-else-for-downfall-in-tweets-173308109.html

one fucked up dude.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Antonio Brown's pity party continues, as he blames everyone else for downfall in tweets

It’s hard to blame the whole world for everything you’ve done in the span of one tweet, but don’t underestimate Antonio Brown.

Brown is out of the NFL and his erratic behavior is the reason why. His erratic behavior since being cut by the New England Patriots** is one of the reasons he hasn’t resurfaced, despite being in the prime of a phenomenal football career.

Brown went on another tweeting binge Wednesday — he probably needs a new hobby — and managed to blame the NFL, media, NFLPA and agent Drew Rosenhaus all in the span of 280 characters. And then in other tweets he ripped Ben Roethlisberger (again), the NFLPA (again) and took a shot at numerous NFL players who have been arrested.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-browns-pity-party-continues-as-he-blames-everyone-else-for-downfall-in-tweets-173308109.html

one fucked up dude.

lol your comment reminds me of an old Far Side cartoon where a psychologist is sitting with pen and notebook listening to a patient laying on a couch. You can see what he wrote in the notebook and it says something like: Just plain nuts!

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 12:03 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Brown is out of the NFL and his erratic behavior is the reason why. His erratic behavior since being cut by the New England Patriots*** is one of the reasons he hasn’t resurfaced, despite being in the prime of a phenomenal football career.

one fucked up dude.

lol your comment reminds me of an old Far Side cartoon where a psychologist is sitting with pen and notebook listening to a patient laying on a couch. You can see what he wrote in the notebook and it says something like: Just plain nuts!
I loved that cartoon! Far Side was the best!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:37 pm

You can't make this shit up.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/13/antonio-brown-police-hollywood-florida-chelsie-kyriss/?fbclid=IwAR2XAAErOMl9PVobD9-37clU3HBuN3uaTay7UCgBve65AQoOlmQvnj_VALo
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 pm

I think Tomlin should get some Coach of the Year awards retroactively for how he contained the AB storm for so long.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss him yet?
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next