Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree

Go down 
+42
Atlanta Dan
Stella Nation
pczach
fer69
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steellamb86
FrancoLambert
ImperialFan
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
43Hitman
andywitmyer
kirklandrules
lipps83
EbonySteel86
Steeler Zach
SoCalFan
Steelcitian
effyou515
Galax Steeler
solardave
steelersrush
SteelersCanada
teegre
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
Steel Peon
kan_t
Fire Arians
steelcrazy
Hawaii 5-0
steelstoned1972
TherealCasteeler
Master_Of_Puppets
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ETL
Gingerchip
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
Lokki
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Vis
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:58 am

Bud looks like the real deal to me.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

lotas wrote:
I hope Dupree continues to develop. I know we all wrote off his first sack as it was uncontested and he came in unblocked, but he seems to be able to disrupt the line and make an impact much more so than Jarvis Jones in his first year.

Any way you look at it, he's still on pace for 10 sacks. If he gets enough PT and stays healthy, I think he'll get 11.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:26 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Bud looks like the real deal to me.

Still looks green but the talent is there and he's making progress. He's going to be a fine linebacker for us.

If Shazier can stay healthy we could have a scary good LB corps. But that's a big if.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:50 am

He's got the talent to produce 14+ sacks a season.

The front 7 has a lot of upside. Won't be long till this defense is elite again.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Bob Labriola@BobLabriola

Another change to the @Steelers depth chart: Bud Dupree us now the starter at LOLB, with Arthur Moats No. 2 there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/boblabriola
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Shazier, Dupree may be back to back slam dunk first round picks n a few years.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Good sign.

Bud's been noticeable when he's in.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Honestly, I think Dupree may be starting to hit the rookie wall. Havent really noticed him beating the OT or getting much pressure and isn't as strong in the run game. The offseason will be big for him in the way of strength and technique development. Still think he was a good pick and hope he gets 2nd wind down the stretch.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Edge rushers: Bud Dupree, Steelers (-5.3) and Cliff Avril, Seahawks (-4.9)

Both players struggled at similar things this game and their grades ended up similar because of it. Dupree had just one QB hit on 25 pass rushes, had a -1.3 run defense grade, and had an offside and defensive holding penalty. Avril had two QB hurries on 31 pass rushes, a -1.2 run defense grade, and two offside penalties. Not a great day for either defender

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/21/pro-worst-players-at-every-position-from-week-15/

Dupree is being ranked poorly each week, but this is where I don't see the stats ringing true. He is getting around the edge and getting close, but not close enough to be given stats for pressures apparently. I think he will benefit from an offseason and a good counter move. The criticism is true, he just isn't getting sacks, but somebody was about to get Osweiler when he threw the INT to Shazier and I think it was #48.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah Gonzo, Dupree is looking better at exploding off the edge around to the backfield, but he's a little too deep to make a play on the QB when it's a quick pass. I think he will continue to improve, and I think he has developed even faster than Jarvis Jones. Our linebackers in general are really starting to show consistent, solid play. Jarvis Jones looks like he's playing better football, Shazier is finally looking like the Superman type of LB we know he can be, and Dupree is coming along just fine.

Also, Dupree coming around the edge like that and actually getting a sack relies upon the coverage holding up, does it not? So as the secondary improves and (hopefully) plays like it did in the 2nd half of the Denver game, I'll bet Dupree will get more and more sacks, as will everyone. If this defense can get this shit figured out, we are going to be unbeatable.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:48 pm

lotas wrote:
Yeah Gonzo, Dupree is looking better at exploding off the edge around to the backfield, but he's a little too deep to make a play on the QB when it's a quick pass. I think he will continue to improve, and I think he has developed even faster than Jarvis Jones. Our linebackers in general are really starting to show consistent, solid play. Jarvis Jones looks like he's playing better football, Shazier is finally looking like the Superman type of LB we know he can be, and Dupree is coming along just fine.

Also, Dupree coming around the edge like that and actually getting a sack relies upon the coverage holding up, does it not? So as the secondary improves and (hopefully) plays like it did in the 2nd half of the Denver game, I'll bet Dupree will get more and more sacks, as will everyone. If this defense can get this shit figured out, we are going to be unbeatable.

Dupree needs to get the edge, bend, shed the OT's hands and get to the QB. Right now he is running around the long way and taking too long to get to the QB. With his quickness, he is getting OT's leaning, so needs a good counter move.

If Dupree can convert that speed to power for a bull rush, that is one. If he can learn the footwork and hand skills to rip inside, that is another counter. Spin or Club are 2 more moves.

That was the book on Dupree, that he is raw at OLB. When he sponges a counter move from Porter and Harrison, then he will be more impactful.
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 2:14 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
lotas wrote:

Dupree needs to get the edge, bend, shed the OT's hands and get to the QB.  Right now he is running around the long way and taking too long to get to the QB.  With his quickness, he is getting OT's leaning, so needs a good counter move.

If Dupree can convert that speed to power for a bull rush, that is one.  If he can learn the footwork and hand skills to rip inside, that is another counter.  Spin or Club are 2 more moves.

That was the book on Dupree, that he is raw at OLB.  When he sponges a counter move from Porter and Harrison, then he will be more impactful.

I remember him giving up that big play by pulling the ol' Gildong Wide Loop Rush.

http://www.marvbook.com
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:56 am

learns some counter moves he'll be dangerous.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 am

Bud Dupree has all the physical tools to be an elite player in the NFL. He simply needs to hone his craft. If he can do that, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Bud Dupree has all the physical tools to be an elite player in the NFL. He simply needs to hone his craft. If he can do that, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes. He needs to learn to not just "run the arc" at arms length of the OT in pass rush, but rather get inside the OT's hands and shorten the arc. Harrison, Porter, Woodley all made OT's fear them getting up close and personal with them. Right now, Dupree looks like he fears the OT getting their hands on him.

Cool thing I noticed, was Demarcus Ware running wide on A.V. because he didn't want his hands on him. Surprising to me as AV has no real punch, but I think it bodes well for how Villanueva can improve.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:49 am

WORST PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION IN WEEK 17

BRYSON VESNAVER

As the regular season came to a close in Week 17, there were some truly great performances, but also some really poor ones, highlighted every week on this team. Those individuals who would rather forget their Week 17 outings are highlighted here, opposite, PFF’s Team of the Week.

These are worst individual performances, by position, in the final regular season outing of the 2015-2016 season.

Edge rushers: Bud Dupree, Steelers (-5.3)

Dupree had just one quarterback hurry when rushing the passer, but most of his grade came from his run defense, where he graded out at -3.8. He made just two run stops on the day, and was frequently blocked out of plays and unable to get involved.

Kicker: Chris Boswell, Steelers

Boswell missed a 48-yard field goal, and forced just one touchback on six kickoffs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/04/pro-worst-players-at-every-position-in-week-17/
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:12 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
WORST PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION IN WEEK 17

BRYSON VESNAVER

As the regular season came to a close in Week 17, there were some truly great performances, but also some really poor ones, highlighted every week on this team. Those individuals who would rather forget their Week 17 outings are highlighted here, opposite, PFF’s Team of the Week.

These are worst individual performances, by position, in the final regular season outing of the 2015-2016 season.

Edge rushers: Bud Dupree, Steelers (-5.3)

Dupree had just one quarterback hurry when rushing the passer, but most of his grade came from his run defense, where he graded out at -3.8. He made just two run stops on the day, and was frequently blocked out of plays and unable to get involved.

Kicker: Chris Boswell, Steelers

Boswell missed a 48-yard field goal, and forced just one touchback on six kickoffs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/04/pro-worst-players-at-every-position-in-week-17/

Dupree is on that list almost every week. He shows the quickness off the edge, but just doesn't use his hands well enough to shorten down the arc and get home for the sack. Some technique can improve, because he has the speed and quickness.

I don't think his run defense is all that bad. Still needs work, but just about every draftnik stated he was still a raw product at OLB.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am

I don't see Dupree or Jones displaying the strength and drive of James Harrison. James gets his arm under the blocker and drives on the edge pushing the O-tackle backwards and into the QB. Haven't seen our two 'rooks' do that except once in a great great while, maybe when they catch someone napping.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:35 am

He gave up on several plays against the Browns, especially if the play went away from his side.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 am

Bust for sure Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 1401235891
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:03 pm

A lot of us knew Dupree wasn't going to be that helpful this year, He's (still) more of an athlete than football player and will need more time. This isn't a Jarvis situation. Who never had much of a ceiling anyway(I was patient, but his ceiling was always a 5-7 sack player)

Truthfully, I'm actually surprised Dupree was able to get 4 sacks this year. Which is a positive.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

I thought he had a solid rookie year. I wouldn't vote for him for ROY but I thought it was a positive start. Hopefully he makes some big plays in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Dupree is going to be fine.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7