Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree

Go down 
+42
Atlanta Dan
Stella Nation
pczach
fer69
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steellamb86
FrancoLambert
ImperialFan
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
43Hitman
andywitmyer
kirklandrules
lipps83
EbonySteel86
Steeler Zach
SoCalFan
Steelcitian
effyou515
Galax Steeler
solardave
steelersrush
SteelersCanada
teegre
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
Steel Peon
kan_t
Fire Arians
steelcrazy
Hawaii 5-0
steelstoned1972
TherealCasteeler
Master_Of_Puppets
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ETL
Gingerchip
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
Lokki
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Vis
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Where is he drafted?

It is pretty much a consensus that Dupree will have his name called on Thursday night in the first round. In fact, he was invited to attend the draft, an honor only 26 total people earned.

NFL.com grades out Dupree as a 6.1 on their scale of 1 to 10, this correlates to an instant starter per their grading.

Dupree could go as high as #4 to the Raiders or as low as #27 to the Cowboys, he will most likely end up closer to #4 than #27 though. The Washington Redskins own the #5 pick and will bring in Dupree in to work out for them as early as Monday.

Most experts expect Dupree to go somewhere between 5-13. No matter who drafts him, they will be getting a specimen with a high ceiling; the rest is up to them.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2015/4/26/8486723/kentucky-football-2015-nfl-draft-profile-alvin-bud-dupree
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I keep seeing the word "freak" associated with Dupree in various articles. Sounds good to me. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I keep seeing the word "freak" associated with Dupree in various articles. Sounds good to me. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 792589548

Awwww man! I was hoping he was gonna be a.....

Maybe next year. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 3201610882

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Alvin "Bust" Dupree Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Getting a gift: When asked about taking Dupree over a cornerback, a position many mock drafts had the Steelers going after, Colbert said he “absolutely” preferred taking Dupree.

“We didn’t expect Bud Dupree to be there. That was a very easy selection. As we say all of the time we are never going to lock ourselves into any position. We want good football players and Bud Dupree certainly fits that category.

“He was the highest player left on our board. As he kept coming to us, the odds of getting a player we wanted increased and we waited it out. We really feel fortunate this was one of those situations. This is a gift for us to be able to get this guy at 22.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/3-takes-on-No-1-pick-Bud-Dupree/faadb8e6-8963-4236-b844-fe146e17eb1b
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:00 am

welcome to the Bud DongPree™️ era Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 1797695198

in all seriousness, i like the pick. it was the BPA at a need position (yes OLB is a need, we cant expect harrison to start 16 games this season)
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:13 am

I like this pick. Huge upside. But people need to have patience. His pass rush skill is very very raw.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:14 am

kan_t wrote:
I like this pick. Huge upside. But people need to have patience. His pass rush skill is very very raw.

for sure. it's a good thing we re-signed moats so it's not like we need the kid to start right away, IF he does start, he's going to have to do it the hard way and fight for it in camp, he's not getting anything handed to him Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 184121345
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:19 am

Vis wrote:
6-4, 269
This part looks best to me.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:20 am

Steel Peon wrote:
Vis wrote:
6-4, 269
This part looks best to me.

nt only that but he runs a sub 4.6, which is crazy for a man his size
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:21 am

Fire Arians wrote:
kan_t wrote:

for sure. it's a good thing we re-signed moats so it's not like we need the kid to start right away, IF he does start, he's going to have to do it the hard way and fight for it in camp, he's not getting anything handed to him Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 184121345
You know how patience lots of Steelers are. I fully expect that there would be a "Dupree is a bust, another wasted first round pick" thread after the third game of the season. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:25 am

Bud Dupree is a perfect fit for the blue collar town of Pittsburgh.

He is a "bring your lunch pail and flashlight to work" type of guy.

-Jim Miller

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:28 am

it is time to shut up about bud Dupree.

Too soon?

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 1797695198

. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:29 am

He has the upside to be the best pass rusher in this draft.

I don't know how fans can dislike this pick.

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:32 am

Vis wrote:

Pete Prisco no longer rapes horses.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:35 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
ETL wrote:
Most mocks had Dupree going 6 to the Jets or 8 to Falcolns.
i believe your thinking of randy gregory or shane ray ... i doubt dupree was  in  anybodies top 20.
some had him in round 2.

Gregory & Ray were top ten picks... then, weed... and they dropped.

In the meantime, most mockers had Dupree going 8 to Atlanta (where Gregory or Ray once would have gone).

22 is about right.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:40 am

He needs to play ROLB or all of his sacks won't count. Only sacks against Joe Thomas, Andrew Whitworth and Eugene Monroe count. All sacks against right tackles are irrelevant.

Fire Dupree!
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:42 am

he is experienced dropping into coverage, so him and his fans can't whine that he's being dropped into coverage too much and not getting enough chances to rush the passer.

He would've been better if drafted by the chiefs.

Fire lebeau! Fire butler!!!

. .
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:47 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
ETL wrote:
Most mocks had Dupree going 6 to the Jets or 8 to Falcolns.
i believe your thinking of randy gregory or shane ray ... i doubt dupree was  in  anybodies top 20.
some had him in round 2.
Both Mayock and Kiper had Dupree at #8.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:02 am

kan_t wrote:
I like this pick. Huge upside. But people need to have patience.

no way.

if "Bud" Dupree doesn't get at least two sacks in every game starting with pre-season he will immediately be re-named "Bust" Dupree...
Back to top Go down
steelersrush
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:16 am

Excellent breakdown of dupree with this video. We drafted a physical phenom that does not know how to play football at the NFL level. But lucky for him he is as physically gifted as a olb/de can be. In fact he was a combine freak. That's why he was picked. Forget about him on the field this year or next year for that matter. Maybe special teams because of his speed. Peezy has to teach this guy how olb is played and he has an unbelievable amount of work ahead of him. Only time will tell if Dupree is willing to put in the work or simply rely on his unbelievable freakish athleticism to get him by. If he chooses the lazy way (his athleticism) he WILL fail. If he works his ass off on his piss poor technique and knowledge of the game, the sky is the limit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYLlrJ5OFY#t=582
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:18 am

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:43 am

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 Dupree_hero
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:48 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm going to predict that Jones blossoms and becomes a beast and Dupree is a rookie phenom. It doesn't matter who we have in the secondary. Hell, bring Chad Scott  and Dwayne Washington out of retirement. You heard it here first! Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 2196231899

Let's not get carried away here. Washington maybe but Scott. You must be..... Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 1335507402
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:50 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
kan_t wrote:
I like this pick. Huge upside. But people need to have patience.

no way.

if "Bud" Dupree doesn't get at least two sacks in every game starting with pre-season he will immediately be re-named "Bust" Dupree...
bud "double dong" Dupree?

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next