Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree

Go down 
+42
Atlanta Dan
Stella Nation
pczach
fer69
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steellamb86
FrancoLambert
ImperialFan
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
43Hitman
andywitmyer
kirklandrules
lipps83
EbonySteel86
Steeler Zach
SoCalFan
Steelcitian
effyou515
Galax Steeler
solardave
steelersrush
SteelersCanada
teegre
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
Steel Peon
kan_t
Fire Arians
steelcrazy
Hawaii 5-0
steelstoned1972
TherealCasteeler
Master_Of_Puppets
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ETL
Gingerchip
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
Lokki
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Vis
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
andywitmyer
Xtreme Newb
andywitmyer

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Never heard of him, but will fap over the decision when I get the proper chance.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:21 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
Nickname alert:

Smokin Bud Dupree

Bud Dupree is close enough to Bud Bundy, so I suggest Grandmaster B. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 2981382511

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 500px-Grandmaster_b

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Quote :
Tomlin calls Steelers first-round draft choice Dupree a 'football junkie and historian'

By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was impressed with Alvin “Bud” Dupree after getting a chance to have dinner with him on the eve of Kentucky’s pro day last month. Tomlin called the Steelers' first-round draft choice a “football junkie and historian.”

Over their meal, it was Dupree who was asking questions, specifically about new teammate and longtime Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison.

“I just like how he plays,” Dupree said this afternoon at his introductory news conference at the team’s headquarters on the South Side. “He’s an underdog. He’s not very big, but he plays big. His work ethic is off the charts. I like how he carries himself. I can’t wait to learn from him."

Dupree is the second outside linebacker chosen in the first round in the past three years. Jarvis Jones was the No. 17 overall pick in the 2013 draft.

Now both have a chance to learn from Harrison and Joey Porter, another all-time Steelers great who is entering his first season as outside linebackers coach.

READ MORE: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/01/Coach-Mike-Tomlin-calls-Steelers-first-round-draft-choice-Alvin-Bud-Dupree-a-football-junkie-and-historian/stories/201505010266

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:26 pm

I love hearing about his passion for the game and eagerness to learn. That's the kind of guy you want to have on your team.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:39 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I love hearing about his passion for the game and eagerness to learn. That's the kind of guy you want to have on your team.

I completely agree. I didn't know anything about him before yesterday. But everything I've read tells me he's a Steelers kind of player.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I completely agree. I didn't know anything about him before yesterday. But everything I've read tells me he's a Steelers kind of player.
I didn't either since I don't follow college ball at all but I was just really impressed with him in the interviews I saw. Buddddddddddddddddddddd needs to become lke Heeeeeeeeeeeath!.
Back to top Go down
lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I didn't either. I was hoping for either Ray or Gregory since they fell yesterday and all the CB's I would have liked were gone, but after reading about this Dupree guy, yes I think the Steelers made the right choice.

Hell, if one of the CB's were there and they passed over them for Dupree I would have warmed to this pick quickly.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Report: Cardinals were interested in trading up for Bud Dupree; Bengals declined

by Arun Srinivasan

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 W640xh480_REU_2225684

The Arizona Cardinals expressed interest in trading up three spots in order to select outside linebacker Bud Dupree on Thursday, according to FOX Sports' Mike Jurecki.

However, the Cincinnati Bengals reportedly rejected the offer and picked offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi 21st overall.

Dupree was selected 22nd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Bengals' division rival. It's far too early to make a definitive analysis but it may be a move the Bengals come to regret if the Kentucky product dominates the Steelers' offensive line twice a year for next decade.

read more:

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/756825
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Report: Cardinals were interested in trading up for Bud Dupree; Bengals declined

by Arun Srinivasan

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 W640xh480_REU_2225684

The Arizona Cardinals expressed interest in trading up three spots in order to select outside linebacker Bud Dupree on Thursday, according to FOX Sports' Mike Jurecki.

However, the Cincinnati Bengals reportedly rejected the offer and picked offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi 21st overall.

Dupree was selected 22nd overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Bengals' division rival. It's far too early to make a definitive analysis but it may be a move the Bengals come to regret if the Kentucky product dominates the Steelers' offensive line twice a year for next decade.

read more:

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/756825
Gonna be interesting watching Ogbuehi going up against Dupree in the years to come. That pick looked like a reach to me.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Gonna be interesting watching Ogbuehi going up against Dupree in the years to come. That pick looked like a reach to me.

I'm surprised the Bungals didn't make that trade, I would think that they should still have been able to get Ogbuehi at #24....
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:37 pm

I really love the Dupree pick, that dude is gonna be a stud.

ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:24 pm

I wonder if our opponents will chant "Alvin .... Alvin"

(If you know who Calvin Sharaldi is - then you are too old - just like me)

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I'm surprised the Bungals didn't make that trade, I would think that they should still have been able to get Ogbuehi at #24....
The Lions were also targeting lineman. They might pick him if the Bengals traded down.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:35 am

Dupree reportedly wants to model himself like James Harrison. Tomlin took Dupree out for dinner and he sat there and asked questions about Harrison's workout regiment. I think we made a good pick.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:30 am

andywitmyer wrote:
Never heard of him, but will fap over the decision when I get the proper chance.

This type of commitment is why steelerfans are the best. Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 59467727 Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 2287965686 Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 792589548

. .
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:51 am

Steelers top pick Bud Dupree's other side might be as good as his football

Bud Dupree is accustomed to knocking people to the ground. But there he was, lowering himself to the ground, to offer a caring hand, a warm hug.

This wasn’t a football field where Dupree excelled. This was an area of Ethiopia known as Korah, where the smell of garbage lingers in the air and many of the inhabitants have are deformed from leprosy. They live in mud-thatched huts along bumpy, dirt pathways, adjacent to a trash dump.

The nerve and skin damage caused by leprosy restricts their ability to care for themselves and to meet their basic needs. Many are inflicted with the HIV virus. They find their clothes and food in the trash dump.

It has been almost a year since Dupree, a 6-foot-4, 269-pound outside linebacker, made the service trip to Ethiopia with two of his University of Kentucky teammates and Jason Schlafer, the school’s executive associate athletic director.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/02/dupree-profile-for-sat/stories/201505020073

He is quite the humanitarian it appears. Don't think we'll have to worry too much about off the field issues.

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 0ap3000000490528

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Well my brother, who lives in Tampa, and coaches his son's football team is in Pittsburgh with another of the team's coaches - Ray Seals. Yes, that Ray Seals. My brother got to meet Bud Dupree as well as a few other "old timers".

I'm on the invite for next year.

Can't wait.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Nice video. Strong arguments. I can't imagine Porter and Butler not getting through to him. worse case with a prospect like Dupree is he fails to stay disciplined, due to the speed of the NFL, in his first few games. However, if hes as good neck up as he is raw, he should have his instinct replaced by the end of 15
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Once Porter and Butler teach up Dupree's tech. he's going to be a monster hell watching Harrison on tape and in practice should light the light bulb in Dupree's head.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Click on the links.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:53 am

Pro Football Focus: Steelers reached on Bud Dupree

By Daniel Sager May 6, 2015

With analytics becoming such an important part of professional sports, it’s important to consider how a player may perform based on non-traditional forms of analysis. At Pro Football Focus, they specialize in this sort of outside the box thinking; and they aren’t fans of newly minted Pittsburgh Steelers rookie Bud Dupree. In fact, Dupree is considered among the 10 players in the 2015 NFL Draft who were over-drafted, according to PFF’s metrics.

In the months leading up to the draft, PFF was very vocal in regards to their opinion of Dupree: He’s a fine athletic specimen, but the collegiate production wasn’t there to match. So, while both ESPN experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. were stunned in Dupree’s fall and Steelers GM Kevin Colbert feels like the team got a steal, PFF maintains the Kentucky standout was still picked too high.

Because PFF measures more than just 40-yard dash times and sacks, they feel some of his intangibles don’t match up to what some of the other prospects have accomplished. For example, according to PFF, Dupree rushed the quarterback more than all but one player in the draft pool, but he generated only the seventh most quarterback pressures.

PFF suggests the Steelers’ selection of Dupree might be the result of over-correcting a “mistake” they made two years ago when they selected Jarvis Jones in the first round of the 2015 draft. Jones was among the most productive college players in the draft, but lacked the measurements that make Dupree, for example, an athletic freak. Two years later, Jones has yet to establish himself as a reliable NFL starter, although to be fair, he’s battled injuries. Dupree presents as the opposite of Jones; great athleticism but lacking college production.

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/05/06/pro-football-focus-steelers-reached-on-bud-dupree/
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Steelers getting a best Bud in Dupree

If this whole football thing doesn't work out for Bud Dupree, there's always the highly-rewarding, but far less lucrative, field of daycare.

Ask anyone who has ever come in contact with the Steelers' first-round pick, they all seem to tell a similar story about the 22-year-old.

"Just a good person," said Jimmy Brumbaugh, Dupree's former defensive line coach at the University of Kentucky. "He's the kind of guy that I would leave my son with."

Good thing for the Steelers, babysitting will have to wait. Dupree's chosen profession is getting after quarterbacks.

His measurables — the 4.56 speed, the 79.38 wing-span, the 42-inch vertical — are off the charts. It's not difficult to see why NFL scouts and teams had been enamored with Dupree the player. Likewise, it's not difficult to see what the Steelers liked in Dupree the person.

In a draft class that had more than its share of failed drug tests and assorted questionable behavior, Dupree stood tall above his 6-foot-4, 269-pound frame.

In four years at Kentucky, Brumbaugh says Dupree never so much as missed a team meeting...

to read rest of article:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...28296d316.html
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers getting a best Bud in Dupree

If this whole football thing doesn't work out for Bud Dupree, there's always the highly-rewarding, but far less lucrative, field of daycare.

Ask anyone who has ever come in contact with the Steelers' first-round pick, they all seem to tell a similar story about the 22-year-old.

"Just a good person," said Jimmy Brumbaugh, Dupree's former defensive line coach at the University of Kentucky. "He's the kind of guy that I would leave my son with."

Good thing for the Steelers, babysitting will have to wait. Dupree's chosen profession is getting after quarterbacks.

His measurables — the 4.56 speed, the 79.38 wing-span, the 42-inch vertical — are off the charts. It's not difficult to see why NFL scouts and teams had been enamored with Dupree the player. Likewise, it's not difficult to see what the Steelers liked in Dupree the person.

In a draft class that had more than its share of failed drug tests and assorted questionable behavior, Dupree stood tall above his 6-foot-4, 269-pound frame.

In four years at Kentucky, Brumbaugh says Dupree never so much as missed a team meeting...

to read rest of article:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...28296d316.html
This guy is a leader. I can see now why they had him over Peters now. Moot point I know since Peters was off the clock but I know many of us probably would have taken Peters over him if they both had been there. These are things that the team finds out in the scouting process that the average fan just doesn't know. Bud's going to be a great player. I can just feel it. Real likable guy too. My favorite thing was hearing how much he asked about Harrison ont just the player but also about Harrison's work ethic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree   Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the newest Steeler, Bud Dupree
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next